What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

I already know that I’m going to get lambasted for this, but:

Sent: James Robinson

Got: Darnell Mooney

0.75 PPR
Eh, hmmm....errrrrrr I can’t really say Robinson definitively. I think it has to be Robinson, he’ll get work and eventually he signs with another team. Mooney could have a lot of opportunity as well, and if fields is really good it could really hit. 

That is true as well but to think that you can just put those 2 numbers together (in McVay's offense instead of whatever Detroit will do) and Hock will be that is a mistake to me.
But for the same reason, it's a mistake to say that he was not good for TE's in McVay's offense so he won't be in Detroit either.  Goff is at his best throwing short quick routes to Kupp and Woods for the Rams.  That is the area where Hock should feast.  None of us know how the Lions offense will shake out but my bet is that Goff will be beneficial to Hockenson overall.

That is true as well but to think that you can just put those 2 numbers together (in McVay's offense instead of whatever Detroit will do) and Hock will be that is a mistake to me.
I didn’t say that. You said he’s not good for TEs so I pointed out the flaw in that statement.

I do think he’ll see heavy targets though because he’s arguably their best offensive weapon.

I already know that I’m going to get lambasted for this, but:

Sent: James Robinson

Got: Darnell Mooney

0.75 PPR
Yea I don't like it for you. I have Robinson in some leagues and just planning on holding on. Not getting my hopes up buy maybe he's at least a low end sometimes useful RB2. I think he's pretty unhappy right now and Urban only likes 4/5 star players so I'm mainly holding in hopes it gets to point were Robinson wants out and another team appreciates Robinson more then Urban enough to make a deal.  This coach and player are a bad marriage and I'm just hoping he can get free at some point.

Yea I don't like it for you. I have Robinson in some leagues and just planning on holding on. Not getting my hopes up buy maybe he's at least a low end sometimes useful RB2. I think he's pretty unhappy right now and Urban only likes 4/5 star players so I'm mainly holding in hopes it gets to point were Robinson wants out and another team appreciates Robinson more then Urban enough to make a deal.  This coach and player are a bad marriage and I'm just hoping he can get free at some point.
Eh. Robinson has two years left and then he’s an RFA

I've been working on the Pitts owner for almost a year in our Devy league and last night he agreed and hit the button this morning to make things official.

Dynasty, Devy, IDP, PPR (TE Premium, +1 PPR for TE), 6 points all TDs

I gave: D'Andre Swift, Robert Woods, Dallas Goedert
I got: Cam Akers, Marvin Jones, Kyle Pitts

He really wanted Swift and I really wanted Pitts and we've been doing this dance a while. Once I upgraded the TE in the deal to Goedert, that was enough to make him pull the trigger. Super happy on my end to finally get Pitts.

12 team PPR 1QB 

Wasn’t involved but interested to see feedback:

Team A trades:

CEH 

Team B trades:

DK Metcalf 
I'm down on CEH and I still wouldn't have done this. The Seattle offense is a dangerous one to invest in, unless it's best ball.

I've been working on the Pitts owner for almost a year in our Devy league and last night he agreed and hit the button this morning to make things official.

He really wanted Swift and I really wanted Pitts and we've been doing this dance a while. Once I upgraded the TE in the deal to Goedert, that was enough to make him pull the trigger. Super happy on my end to finally get Pitts.
You upgraded your RB and TE positions for, at worst, a slight downgrade at WR. What's not to like?

I prefer your side by a good deal. As Andy said, I think you upgraded two positions.

Yeah I was surprised he viewed Akers as a downgrade. I didn't love Swift and when we started talking he didn't either, but his RBs were awful and he fell in love. I liked what I saw at the end of the season out of Akers but my target all along was Pitts. My only "problem" this creates is my WR1 is Ridley so I will figure out if I can make a relatively even or upgrade swap there next if possible before our draft.

Yeah I was surprised he viewed Akers as a downgrade. I didn't love Swift and when we started talking he didn't either, but his RBs were awful and he fell in love. I liked what I saw at the end of the season out of Akers but my target all along was Pitts. My only "problem" this creates is my WR1 is Ridley so I will figure out if I can make a relatively even or upgrade swap there next if possible before our draft.
Nothing wrong with that either.

Ridley >>>> Woods

This is a great move.  I like Pitts much more than Goedert and Akers over Swift but you can argue that is a wash.  It is nice when a trade comes together after putting in that much work.

Ridley is a really solid WR1 so nothing wrong with that.  I'm sure you can find some depth at WR if needed but I wouldn't look at Ridley as a downer.

12 team PPR SF IDP

Got: 
McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB; 
Washington, James PIT WR

Gave: 
Hurts, Jalen PHI QB; 
Crowder, Jamison NYJ WR; 
Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.08; 
Year 2021 Draft Pick 3.09; 
Year 2022 Round 2 Draft Pick

12 team PPR SF IDP

Got: 
McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB; 
Washington, James PIT WR

Gave: 
Hurts, Jalen PHI QB; 
Crowder, Jamison NYJ WR; 
Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.08; 
Year 2021 Draft Pick 3.09; 
Year 2022 Round 2 Draft Pick
Seems like trade rape to me even in SF.

I don't agree with it but I'm not surprised. People aren't going to believe Detroit has a fantasy relevant RB until they see it. They'll see it.
It's not that I don't believe in Swift, I like him. I just think Akers is primed for an absolutely huge year. I predict that Akers will be a no-brainer top 5 redraft pick in 2022.

It's not that I don't believe in Swift, I like him. I just think Akers is primed for an absolutely huge year. I predict that Akers will be a no-brainer top 5 redraft pick in 2022.
I agree he has a big year and like him more than Swfit but this seems a little much.  I also trust McVay over Campbell by far.

I agree he has a big year and like him more than Swfit but this seems a little much.  I also trust McVay over Campbell by far.
Good feedback.  Thanks guys.  I don’t see “huge” upside, especially as it relates to catching the ball.  But that’s what’s fun about this hobby.  Maybe I just see Swift as uber safe, with 70 catch upside and don’t feel quite as confident in Akers despite a couple solid playoff games after a mostly disappointing rookie season.  Should be fun to see how it plays out.  The upside should be there with Stafford in the fold running McVay‘s offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree with it but I'm not surprised. People aren't going to believe Detroit has a fantasy relevant RB until they see it. They'll see it.
Also Akers’ big playoff game is fresh in people’s mind. He really only had one other big regular season game but his value skyrocketed this offseason.

But the Lions defense will allow more than the Rams defense thus be playing from behind more often...Garbage time plays favor 3rd Down RB ....
It's a funny gameflow predicament we have. The Lions will be behind, which helps Swift receive. The Rams will be close/ahead, which helps Akers get fed. They're both gonna be monsters.

Another deal....  12 Team 0.5 PPR, 1 QB  (TE 1.0 PPR - I JUST LEARNED THIS!! )

I gave up 1.01 and 2.05 

I received Phi RB Miles Sanders & Det TE TJ Hockenson 
This feels like a solid deal to me. I think Sanders is a little underrated, and is a very solid post-hype guy. Gainwell is zero threat, and Hurts could be a sizable upgrade for the offense overall. 

I'd probably value the 1.1 slightly more than Sanders, but Hockenson is worth a lot more than the 2.5. 

12 team PPR 1QB 

Team A trades:

CEH 

Team B trades:

DK Metcalf 
I think this is worth it for Metcalf. I don't think CEH is cut out to ever be a true RB1, I hated that pick when KC made it, and the 1.4 is likely either Pitts or a WR who has a lower ceiling than Metcalf. I may be slightly biased, as I've always been a monster Metcalf fan. But he's got WR1 overall upside to me.

I can see both sides of this one. I guess it depends on how big of a hole they had at WR, and how much of a contender they are. I think Woods/Jones is probably the biggest difference in talent among the swaps.

That said, I think Akers>Swift and Pitts>>Goedert.

12 team PPR 1QB 

Team A trades:

CEH 

Team B trades:

DK Metcalf 
If you want Metcalf you are not gonna get him without stepping up...a lot of this depends on what your roster looks like but I have zero issues doing this if I wanted to add DKM as it's definitely not an overpay...I am not real high on CEH so I don't mind giving him up at all...don't know how the draft goes but if Chase-Pitts-Najee go in the first three picks than I would love this deal even more as the new DK Owner...unless CEH turns into a legit difference-maker (and he did not look like one last year) I think this is a pretty safe deal to get Metcalf...I also feel that if you needed to deal Metcalf at a later date I think you should at least get back in value what you gave up here.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple more trades went down this week in my league .... 0.5 PPR / TE 1.0 PPR  1 QB / 1-3 RB / 2-5 WR / 1-2 TE 

Not involved in these .....

Team A gave up DK Metcalf & 2022 2nd (late?)

Team B gave up 1.03 

Team C gave up Mike Evans & 2022 1st (mid?)

Team D gave up Zeke 

Team D gave up Jalen Reagor & 2022 1st (no idea)

Team E gave up Antonio Gibson

A couple more trades went down this week in my league .... 0.5 PPR / TE 1.0 PPR  1 QB / 1-3 RB / 2-5 WR / 1-2 TE 

Not involved in these .....

Team A gave up DK Metcalf & 2022 2nd (late?)

Team B gave up 1.03 

Team C gave up Mike Evans & 2022 1st (mid?)

Team D gave up Zeke 

Team D gave up Jalen Reagor & 2022 1st (no idea)

Team E gave up Antonio Gibson
Yuck on the first one...the extra 2nd is comical, Team B has a future in sales...not a fan of giving up a future 1 for Zeke just in case he is hitting the wall but if you are a RB away I get it because I am not an Evans fan...just need to make sure you have Pollard as well...I would give that up to get Gibson...don't see Reagor ever being a stud and you have a year to get back another #1, that's a real nice deal for a potential stud RB...not sure what Team E is trying to accomplish here.

Very surprised at the thoughts on Akers.  I think McVay learned his lesson about eggs and baskets from Gurley and is now a full on RBBC-lover.  I see a huge split here and maybe even a game-to-game role flip if he tries to out-think opponents.  If Akers is getting this kind of love I need to get him on the block. 

I'll take CEH/1.04 over Metcalf in most leagues but it's close and individual team need could sway me.

Very surprised at the thoughts on Akers.  I think McVay learned his lesson about eggs and baskets from Gurley and is now a full on RBBC-lover.  I see a huge split here and maybe even a game-to-game role flip if he tries to out-think opponents.  If Akers is getting this kind of love I need to get him on the block. 
I agree. People are overlooking Henderson who actually outperformed Akers most weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread