What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

I don't think Monty is getting the love he deserves even though I don't think there is anyway he is the RB he was in the last 5-6 games of last season (was RB1 in that time).  I like this move personally.  Nothing there is too much to give for a young RB with talent left to give.

Out of curiosity.....where did Serman go?
Serman went 1.7, Carter went 1.11.

Serman went 1.7, Carter went 1.11.
Thanks.  I have 1.5 and 1.8 and have been thinking of taking him at 8 but usually stay away from 49ers since that is my team so I don't like to mix my team with fantasy normally and wasn't sure if I was thinking of taking him too soon at 1.8 if Harris, Chase, Pitts, Etteinne, Williams, Waddle, and Smith go in the top 7 of non-SF league.

12tm 1QB, split draft so RD3/4 (rookie-vet) are in early Sept.

Antonio Gibson

FOR

DJ Moore, Nelson Agholor, 3.04

Gibson seller was super-heavy at RB, very light at WR (Chase and ancillary guys)

Antonio Gibson

FOR

Gibson seller was super-heavy at RB, very light at WR (Chase and ancillary guys)
Gibson was traded in a FFPC league of mine last week straight up for DJ Moore. So this return is more but I still prefer the side getting the RB.

Really? Gibson by a mile? Moore JUST turned 24 and is coming off two consecutive 1150+ yard seasons. 
I agree. Not by a mile at all. For some contrast, the Gibson owner in my ppr dynasty wanted Aiyuk & my 2021 1st. I passed. We already drafted so I guess no deal will happen now lol. I'm deep at WR so I would have done Aiyuk straight up for him...

Moore is also going two full rounds behind Gibson in FFPC startups. Aiyuk a round and a half. I would consider paying Aiyuk and my future 1st for Gibson.

I agree. I'm just not a Moore fan. He isn't going to be doing as much with Marshall in town now. If he shopped Gibson in a league I was in I would pay quite a bit more than Moore to get him. But Gibson is polarizing apparently.
The “Gibson by a mile” and “horrible trade” was the part I was responding to, implying that DJ wasn’t even on Gibson’s stratosphere which I disagree with big time. You can dislike the player all you want, but numbers don’t lie. Again, just turned 24, and his last two seasons are 87/1175 and 66/1193, and one can argue he’s about to be playing with the best QB he’s ever had. As for Marshall, I think it’s premature to assume his numbers will dip with him now there, considering Moore had already been playing alongside a different 2nd round pick receiver in Samuel up until this year. 

A slew trades in the past few days in my main league, 16 teams, IDP, ppr (none are mine)

Pick 1.05 (najee Harris) for McLaurin, Terry WAS WR

Gronk for late 5th, 22 4th

Chase, Ja'Marr CIN WR; pick 2.15 for 1.03 (waddle), 2.09 

2.01; 2.15; 2 x 2022 1sts for 1.01 (Chase)

2022 4th for Smith, Harrison MIN S; Year 2021 Draft Pick 6.01

Ridley, Calvin ATL WR for 1.15, 22 3rd, 23 1st

1.01 for 1.04, 2.04

4.14, 5.14, 23 1st, 2nd, 3rd  for Mayfield, goedert

1.13, 1.14, 2.12, 2.13, 2.15, 3.02, 3.12, 3.15, 22 1st for 1.01, 2.01

Hurts, Jalen for 2.12, 4.12

Last edited by a moderator:
A slew trades in the past few days in my main league, 16 teams, IDP, ppr (none are mine)

Pick 1.05 (najee Harris) for McLaurin, Terry WAS WR

Gronk for late 5th, 22 4th

Chase, Ja'Marr CIN WR; pick 2.15 for 1.03 (waddle), 2.09 

2.01; 2.15; 2 x 2022 1sts for 1.01 (Chase)

2022 4th for Smith, Harrison MIN S; Year 2021 Draft Pick 6.01

Ridley, Calvin ATL WR for 1.15, 22 3rd, 23 1st

1.01 for 1.04, 2.04

4.14, 5.14, 23 1st, 2nd, 3rd  for Mayfield, goedert

1.13, 1.14, 2.12, 2.13, 2.15, 3.02, 3.12, 3.15, 22 1st for 1.01, 2.01

Hurts, Jalen for 2.12, 4.12

12 team 0.5 SF

Gave: Rodgers, Adams, ‘22 2nd

Got: Tannehill, AJ Brown, ‘22 1st (late)
My first thought was even with the current drama in GB, the Rodgers/Adams is slightly better even with the chance that the first could be better than expected. But it's probably really close, especially if the side getting the Titans is building.

Just pulled off one that I technically "lost" as far as value goes, but right now feel great about. This was the price I had to pay to make it make sense for both of us. And, per a lot of people on this board and around the news, I'm fading 2022 a bit.

Zealots PPR IDP 1 QB (51 man rosters, nine offensive starters, nine defensive starters)

Gave: 2.08, 2022 1st

Received: 2.05 (Micah Parsons, LB) 2.06 (Jamin Davis, LB)

Maybe this should go in the IDP completed trades, but I'll put it here.

Just pulled off one that I technically "lost" as far as value goes, but right now feel great about. This was the price I had to pay to make it make sense for both of us. And, per a lot of people on this board and around the news, I'm fading 2022 a bit.

Zealots PPR IDP 1 QB (51 man rosters, nine offensive starters, nine defensive starters)

Hmm. I'm not so sure about this one. I think you could have had one of those guys with your 2.8 and I think I'd have kept the 1st for one season.

The only time I've used a 1st on a linebacker is for Roquan Smith, and he was a better prospect and that was a poor draft.

Who else was in the board at those spots?

Hmm. I'm not so sure about this one. I think you could have had one of those guys with your 2.8 and I think I'd have kept the 1st for one season.

The only time I've used a 1st on a linebacker is for Roquan Smith, and he was a better prospect and that was a poor draft.

Kadarius Toney, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Kenneth Gainwell, Kwity Paye, Jeremiah Owusu-Karamoah. Not really much, in my estimation. The LBs would not have made it per conversations with others, so there's that. It went Parsons, Davis, Collins, and the holder of the 2.05 and 2.06 said he was going to do the exact same thing. I would have been left with JOK as the sole linebacker if I held the 2.08. I know that first-round pick is large, but it's not unprecedented in our league. Somebody took Devin White with the 5th pick overall one year.

To the point of Roquan Smith, Parsons is or was considered, by PFF (and I know you don't care for them) to be the best linebacker prospect since they started grading. I'm not sure how much stock to put in that, but we'll see.

That's just my defense of the deal. The calculators had me losing by a bit, and definitely with a package discount considering I also gave up the 2.08. But I'd had my heart set on Collins since last year and never thought I'd get him, so this is a boon right now. My LBs were so bad. My starters were going to be McKinney or Willie Gay, Anthony Barr, and Dont'a Hightower. That's a weak, weak crew.

I don't play this format but I've heard you folks talk about it quite a bit and from what I heard during the draft, Parsons was being discussed as the top linebacker coming out, and perhaps of the last few years. LBs score heavily in IDP if I recall, and I thought I saw that Davis was a stud LB as well. Based on the deals I've been seeing in SF (somewhat analogous in that QBs and defensive studs might be viewed similarly?), future 1sts have been flying off the shelves for mid 2nds this year. I've done it a couple times myself for T Marshall and Sermon for example. But doing it for stud LBs seems like a slam dunk. If I understand the emphasis on defensive scoring correctly.....So.....

FFPC 1QB league

Mostert, J Wilson, Hardman (to Sermon owner)

for 

Terrace Marshall, Hurts, 5.xx (took B Edwards)
I prefer each individual piece on the side you got better than the aggregate on the side you gave up. Huge victory. Nice for the other guy to lock up the SF backfield. *Elijah Mitchell holds up his sword to the lightning FF gods and says OH YEAH??!!*

Antonio Gibson

FOR

I'm not even huge on Gibson but I think this is way light for him.  Especially with a new QB in Car and they just drafted another WR.  Nelly Swag in NE and 3.04 are just filler.

I don't play this format but I've heard you folks talk about it quite a bit and from what I heard during the draft, Parsons was being discussed as the top linebacker coming out, and perhaps of the last few years. LBs score heavily in IDP if I recall, and I thought I saw that Davis was a stud LB as well. Based on the deals I've been seeing in SF (somewhat analogous in that QBs and defensive studs might be viewed similarly?), future 1sts have been flying off the shelves for mid 2nds this year. I've done it a couple times myself for T Marshall and Sermon for example. But doing it for stud LBs seems like a slam dunk. If I understand the emphasis on defensive scoring correctly.....So.....
Yeah, barackd, the scoring isn't quite as much as the offense, but it's very important to have good LBs. The league is tackle-heavy, which in IDP terms means that you get a lot of points for tackles in comparison to big plays like sacks and stuff like that. DLs don't score a ton in our format, and the DB requirements can largely be met by waiver wire adds of corners that get picked on, so if you're willing to put in the work (which I am) then you can skimp in the secondary. Parsons was the overall 12th pick in the draft and I think Davis went 19th. Davis only started one year at Kentucky, but Ron Rivera wanted him, so there's that. Called him a "sponge" in his ability to soak up knowledge.

Andy is correct. It's a slightly unusual use of draft capital, but not without precedent, and from my point of view, for two bona fide starters, I'll take it. Parsons may have to sit for a while, but I'm not winning this year anyway. This was a step toward taking an orphaned LB corps (and it was orphaned at that position) and making it into a hopeful stud factory.

So I'm happy I did it.

I was torn on how to use my 1.01, so just made this deal:

Gave: 1.01, Van Jefferson, 3.09

Got: 1.02, 2.02

Still torn but I have a long rebuild in front of me with very little to work with other than my picks (also have the 1.06/1.07).

Still torn but I have a long rebuild in front of me with very little to work with other than my picks (also have the 1.06/1.07).
Good trade for you - decent value at the top of the 2nd round and you aren't missing much deciding between Harris or Chase - if you are hard up for talent.

I was at 2.07 and was going to take one of those two with that pick and thought for sure I would get one as the guy in front wouldn't take both guys...ugh!  I think it was a great trade even with the overpay based on what he needed and value there.  

Love it.

I was at 2.07 and was going to take one of those two with that pick and thought for sure I would get one as the guy in front wouldn't take both guys...ugh!  I think it was a great trade even with the overpay based on what he needed and value there.  
I guess I've just had good success finding later round LBs. There are definitely a couple gems not being talk about this year. 

However, there is definitely something to be said for making sure you get YOUR guys. 

I guess I've just had good success finding later round LBs. There are definitely a couple gems not being talk about this year. 

However, there is definitely something to be said for making sure you get YOUR guys. 
I agree there are some gems and I will likely get one or two of them as I have some picks stacked up in those later rounds but getting the pedigree when presented is also nice to pair with those late round "finds".  It's a nice balance.  It's why I wouldn't have used both of the picks on LB in rock's spot but I understand why he did (based on his roster).  

Appreciate the back and forth. That anybody cares to even comment is a cool thing. And I comment not out of justification, but out of information purposes. So I agree with both of you that there are guys available later in the draft that might immediately step into starting roles, but I won't draft again until pick 55 after the last one, which was 23rd, and then I have no others, so a bunch of the guys wouldn't have fallen to me, and my linebacking corps was desolate and couldn't have been improved if I took a receiver or something with those picks. Like my linebackers were tumbleweed on the prairie bad. Now I hope to have turned it into a strength in the upcoming years with all the capital invested.

Anyway, fun stuff. I'm always trying to find value, too, so I'm cognizant that I went really heavy, but I hope that even with the capital investment, I can hit on some of the blue chippers I picked. Nothing is a sure thing and that's the only sure thing about it.

Atomic Punk said:

I'm not a huge Van Jefferson guy anyways so I like this move for you.  I like Chase and Harris a lot and sometimes it is nicer to let someone else make the decision for you.

I tried to do the 1.01 for 1.02 and 2.02 deal but I wasn't sure I wanted to lose out on maybe not getting Chase, who I preferred to Harris. Turns out Harris, Pitts, and Lawrence, even, are going first at a combined eighty percent clip (mostly Harris) so I shouldn't have been worried.

FFPC:

Miles Sanders, Myles Gaskin for

CeeDee Lamb, Hayden Hurst, Future 3rd

Value / long term side on CeeDee, but positional scarcity definitely gives me concern for really trying to win this season

FFPC:

Miles Sanders, Myles Gaskin for

CeeDee Lamb, Hayden Hurst, Future 3rd

Value / long term side on CeeDee, but positional scarcity definitely gives me concern for really trying to win this season
That was you? I saw this one in my email. We must be in this league together. I thought it was a great deal for you. I am still not sold on Gaskin being all that and Sanders is maybe overrated. Lamb is a great get. Don't know what it did to your RBs though. 

I'm not a huge Van Jefferson guy anyways so I like this move for you.  I like Chase and Harris a lot and sometimes it is nicer to let someone else make the decision for you.
This is exactly where I was at. I have bigger need at RB and figure the new 1.01 owner will be taking Harris. But I can figure something out at RB later and just grab Chase if he ends up going that way. Lots of great options at 2.02.

i like Van but not enough to hold up a deal like this.

That was you? I saw this one in my email. We must be in this league together. I thought it was a great deal for you. I am still not sold on Gaskin being all that and Sanders is maybe overrated. Lamb is a great get. Don't know what it did to your RBs though. 
Ha, guess so. It’s my only SF.

Was definitely happy to land Lamb. Didn’t decimate the RBs as still have Barkley but definitely took it from a position of strength to one that will have to get a little scrappy with for RB2.

Ha, guess so. It’s my only SF.

Was definitely happy to land Lamb. Didn’t decimate the RBs as still have Barkley but definitely took it from a position of strength to one that will have to get a little scrappy with for RB2.
I bought my team in that league this offseason for a discount. I like it a lot better than a couple months ago but it needs help. 

I tried to do the 1.01 for 1.02 and 2.02 deal but I wasn't sure I wanted to lose out on maybe not getting Chase, who I preferred to Harris. Turns out Harris, Pitts, and Lawrence, even, are going first at a combined eighty percent clip (mostly Harris) so I shouldn't have been worried.
I was sitting at 1.03 certain I would get Chase or Pitts and then they went 1 and 2

12 Team 0.5 PPR / TE 1.0 PPR 1 QB / 1-3 RB / 2-5 WR / 1-3 TE

Starting Roster had few assets:   AJ Brown & 1.01 pick 

I completed 9 trades since acquiring this team.  Work still needs to be done to be a real contender.... 

Last trade was for Damien Harris & Devante Parker for Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Love and 2022 2nd (early). 

12 team 1Qb, 0.5 ppr league

I've got Kamara/Elliot/Gaskin and a few others at RB and my QBs were down to Carr/Newton/Dalton with Brees retiring 

traded 

Josh Jacobs 

for 

1.12 where I took Lawrence and a 2022 1st round pick which I’m fairly certain will be a top 4 pick,

because this guy is meant to be re-building and has a horrible squad, yet doesn’t seem to fully understand the concept of a rebuild 

Users who are viewing this thread