What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

1 QB IDP League 1RB/2WR/1TE 2 Flex offense

Guy who typically is in the hunt makes 3 different trades the net was:

Got 1.01 (took Lawrence, 1.03 Ptts, 1.04 Chase

Gave Jacobs, J.Robinson, D.Adams, Cousins, 1.13,3.07 & 22 2nd

On paper using the FFG dynasty value he "gained" 10% in value, until he took Lawrence with the 1st pick. 

1 QB IDP League 1RB/2WR/1TE 2 Flex offense

Guy who typically is in the hunt makes 3 different trades the net was:

Got 1.01 (took Lawrence, 1.03 Ptts, 1.04 Chase

Gave Jacobs, J.Robinson, D.Adams, Cousins, 1.13,3.07 & 22 2nd

On paper using the FFG dynasty value he "gained" 10% in value, until he took Lawrence with the 1st pick. 
He did really good there.  Not sure how he was able to get all of that with Jacobs value tanking with Drake, J-Rob getting Etienne there, and Adams maybe losing A-Rod.  I can see why he is in the hunt normally.

Buckna said:
Sermon and Lockett have similar ADP’s based on DLF so this is an almost free upgrade to a nice 1st next year IMO. Even if their ADPs head in opposite directions by this time next year, mid-1sts have a lot of trade value in season and have a nice shot of easily turning into early 1sts with just a key injury or under-performing player.
Would a mid-1st in-season garner a Zeke or even Etienne (if he's off to a slow-ish start), or even Cook depending on their team outlook?

A dynasty team falling out of the race midseason will sell plenty of production for a 1st. Just wanted to highlight that as part of this deal's potential in a few months. Could turn into Zeke-Lockett or an RB1 producer plus Lockett. Or obviously holding the pick until the offseason or OTC.

Jonesin For Some Football said:
I think the Moore love has gone way too far.  I agree on Lamb though.  Still think Waller & A-Rob will be great pieces for a few years.  I don't think it is veto worthy but I do think it is an overpay easily.
Still though, Moore goes ahead of both ARob and Cooper in startups yet you're kind of tossing him to the side of the deal like he's some throw-in.

I agree the team giving Waller/ARob gave too much but it's mostly a bunch of nickels added onto the end that really tilt it to not being that close, but the core of the deal is very reasonable.  

12 Team PPR. Deep benches

Team A gets:  Swift, 1.7, Herbert, Dillion, Darrayton Evans 

Team B:  James Robinson, Melvin Gordon, Kenny Golladay, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, 4.11, Malcom Brown/Salvon Ahmed. 

Gally said:
This feeds into my point.  It is much easier to get the aging veteran that still has value in the current year because people want the shiny new toy so the value is so much better.  This is where the balance comes in.  If you can get the Lamb/Akers for reasonable prices of course you do it unfortunately that very rarely happens.  The key is finding the disappointing 2nd/3rd year guys that have a reason to improve and getting them at a discount. That is where you get true value.  
I think this is one of the quirks that makes the game go. I can thrive by picking guys who will become studs before they prove it for my older sturs before they start to fall off. You can thrive picking older guys who turn out to have 2-3 good years left for your shiny kids that don't prove out. I need to be good at picking which kids will be stars. You need to be good at picking which older gentlemen have quality years left. I'm glad we're both good at what we do. I imagine the guy who can do both flawlessly will thrash us both - at least in his own mind.

12 Team PPR. Deep benches

Team A gets:  Swift, 1.7, Herbert, Dillion, Darrayton Evans 

Team B:  James Robinson, Melvin Gordon, Kenny Golladay, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, 4.11, Malcom Brown/Salvon Ahmed. 

Team A easily...the three best Dynasty pieces in this deal are Swift, Herbert and the 1.7 and Dillon is far more than a throw-in...I really don't understand what Team B is trying to accomplish with this deal.

12 team PPR. 1QB.

Team A gave: Diontae Johnson, D. Samuel, 2022 1st (mid-late?), 2022 1st (mid-late?)

for

J. Chase, D. Slayton

Several trades now that the draft is fully underway.  1 QB 1-3 RB/2-5WR/1-3TE 0.5 PPR / 1.0 PPR TE

TEAM A Gave up:  QB D Carr LVR, QB T Taylor Hou, WR B Edwards LVR, TE J Cook LAC

TEAM B Gave up:  TE Jonnu Smith NEP

TEAM C Gave up: QB D Watson Hou, TE L Thomas Was

TEAM D Gave up: TE M Gesicki, 2.09 (Nico Collins)

TEAM A Gave up: RB Miles Sanders Phil

TEAM E Gave up: WR M Brown Balt, 4.04, 2022 1st 

TEAM D Gave up: QB R Tannehill Tenn, 2022 1st

TEAM E Gave up: 2.01 (Rashod Bateman)

Received this offer in a 12 team super flex league, TE premium (2ppr):
Wentz and J. Chase
for
T Higgins, Mims, H. Henry, Fournette, Gaskin

My team is a contender but needs a RB2 (or two) and would like another startable TE. Other squad needs a QB and the guy loves Chase. Usually, exchanging a dollar for 4 quarters isn't smart in dynasty... but this one certainly addresses specific needs...

I have enough droppable players to fit net gain of 3 guys. 

Reasons to pause, or hit accept?

Still though, Moore goes ahead of both ARob and Cooper in startups yet you're kind of tossing him to the side of the deal like he's some throw-in.

I agree the team giving Waller/ARob gave too much but it's mostly a bunch of nickels added onto the end that really tilt it to not being that close, but the core of the deal is very reasonable.  
I did say I think it isn't veto worthy or anything.  Just a big overpay in my opinion but I am willing to grant that part of my feelings are because of my feelings on Moore.  I am not a big fan personally.

Several trades now that the draft is fully underway.  1 QB 1-3 RB/2-5WR/1-3TE 0.5 PPR / 1.0 PPR TE

TEAM A Gave up:  QB D Carr LVR, QB T Taylor Hou, WR B Edwards LVR, TE J Cook LAC

TEAM B Gave up:  TE Jonnu Smith NEP

TEAM C Gave up: QB D Watson Hou, TE L Thomas Was

TEAM D Gave up: TE M Gesicki, 2.09 (Nico Collins)

TEAM A Gave up: RB Miles Sanders Phil

TEAM E Gave up: WR M Brown Balt, 4.04, 2022 1st 

TEAM D Gave up: QB R Tannehill Tenn, 2022 1st

TEAM E Gave up: 2.01 (Rashod Bateman)
I don't play TE premium but seems like a lot of roster fodder for Team A in the 1st one and I wouldn't want to be starting Carr or Taylor but honestly wouldn't want to have to start Jannu Smith either.

Seems way light for Watson in the 2nd by a long way. 

I don't think I'd trade Sanders for what Team A did as Hollywood is almost worthless and a a 4th isn't worth much.  Hopefully that 1st they got ends up early. 

I don't like Bateman's landing spot at all but his talent is great.  I like this move in one QB leagues as Tanny isn't worth a ton but if that 1st ends up early, Team D got a steal.  Fair trade though.

1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE+IDP

Chubb for 1.04+Amari Cooper
4/Cooper and fwiw Cooper is the least valued part of the trade for me but in a league I got to start 3 WR's to get an about to be 27 year old Cooper while getting a few years younger at RB seems like a no brainer.

Wentz and J. Chase
for

My team is a contender but needs a RB2 (or two) and would like another startable TE. Other squad needs a QB and the guy loves Chase. Usually, exchanging a dollar for 4 quarters isn't smart in dynasty... but this one certainly addresses specific needs...

This thread is for completed trades only. Try the Assistant Coach Forum, or reword this a bit and post in this thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/748837-dynasty-value-discussion-thread/

But I don't think you should do that trade.

4/Cooper and fwiw Cooper is the least valued part of the trade for me but in a league I got to start 3 WR's to get an about to be 27 year old Cooper while getting a few years younger at RB seems like a no brainer.
Not sure I'd say it is a no brainer and I think it depends on the makeup of your team but just looking at it on paper with no context, I'd agree on the Cooper/1.4 side.

Wentz and J. Chase
for

I wouldn't even consider this trade.  I don't play TE Premium and only SF in redraft leagues but this seems way light to me.  Maybe if getting a better RB.  Mims, Fournette, and Henry do nothing for me.  I like Chase's upside so wouldn't do that deal for just Chase but Kutta is right this belongs in a different forum.

FFPC Superflex

Gave: Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Denzel Mims

Got: Saquan Barkley, Chase Edmonds, Michael Gallup, Drew Lock

Zealots Non-ppr IDP 

Gave: Will Fuller

Got: 3.6 (Dyami Brown), 4.6 (Rhamondre Stevenson)

Almost took RS in the third. Not excited about him, but need at least some depth at the position. Would have preferred Gainwell but he went at 4.4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad one in the same league as above:

Team A gave:

Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.05

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.05

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.09

Year 2021 Draft Pick 6.05

Team B gave:

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Scott, Boston PHI RB

PPR, very slight TE premium

Gave James Robinson

Got Noah Fant
Good move...I think Fant is very legit...top 10 quality starter with the current QB situation and if Rodgers goes there he could be light's out...I still think Robinson has value but after the Jags took Etienne I think this is a nice cash out.

PPR, very slight TE premium

Gave James Robinson

Got Noah Fant
Love Fant side in a landslide. Used undrafted rookie's good season to flip for a player with pedigree. Writing is already on the wall for Robinson so I am shocked you were able to make this deal post NFL Draft.

Tee Higgins should go straight up for Robinson almost. That's a free 1.10, if you ask me. 
ARob gets no respect. He turns 28 in August. There's some good evidence out there that WR's don't start to fall off until ~32 on average. He's locked in for 150+ targets and about to be playing with the best QB(s) (yes, even Dalton) of his career as the focal point of the offense. And it's not just opportunity... Arob is really good and has proven it over and over again.

[Robinson] tied for the most contested catches (21) and posted a 1% drop rate that ranked third among receivers with 100-plus targets. Since joining the Bears in 2018, Robinson ranks fifth in drop rate (2.2%), first in contested catches (61) and sixth in WAR generated. - PFF
Higgins was pretty good last year but he is going to be stuck behind Chase for the next 3 years; he may not even see 2020 level targets again until he finds a new team. Even ignoring that situation, I think Higgins is overvalued in general, and a few tiers below ARob in overall talent. 

I see it as a fair trade if the side getting Arob is contending and the Higgins side is in a rebuild... though tbh, if I was the Arob owner I would probably be reluctant and looking for a different piece. There's a good chance you're trading a top 10 WR for the next 2-3 years for two WR3's that might break out in 2024 if the cards fall in their favor.

ARob gets no respect. He turns 28 in August. There's some good evidence out there that WR's don't start to fall off until ~32 on average. He's locked in for 150+ targets and about to be playing with the best QB(s) (yes, even Dalton) of his career as the focal point of the offense. And it's not just opportunity... Arob is really good and has proven it over and over again.

Higgins was pretty good last year but he is going to be stuck behind Chase for the next 3 years; he may not even see 2020 level targets again until he finds a new team. Even ignoring that situation, I think Higgins is overvalued in general, and a few tiers below ARob in overall talent. 

I see it as a fair trade if the side getting Arob is contending and the Higgins side is in a rebuild... though tbh, if I was the Arob owner I would probably be reluctant and looking for a different piece. There's a good chance you're trading a top 10 WR for the next 2-3 years for two WR3's that might break out in 2024 if the cards fall in their favor.
Some of this is all very true and I've long beaten the ARob bandwagon. Right now, and I just checked, the prices on these two guys and their ADP is about eleven spaces in a startup draft. They've flip flopped since the draft. That's really close. Higgins actually brings more value in trade calcs, according to at least DLF. 

I understand your lament about an undervalued Robinson, though. I've had him in redraft (can't quite seem to pull the trigger in dynasty) for two straight years and he's produced greatly. That said, since I've watched him fairly intently, I can tell you that he's not getting great separation as of right now. I only can imagine what one or two years will do. 

If this seems like I'm dismissing Robinson, I'm not. And I see Higgins's competition on his own team as worrisome. But they're just about close in terms of value, IMO. Not enough to throw in the 1.10, which is giving up a quality player like maybe a Sermon (if you're lucky) or at least a Bateman. If you really want Robinson, I won't fault you, but it seems too like too much for me. That's all. 

Yeah a few of us raised eyebrows through email but neither the principals involved nor the commissioner chimed in. Pretty disappointing. 

Team A gave:

Team B gave:

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Scott, Boston PHI RB
Unless you get bonus points for UDFA's that play special teams this is real, real bad...real bad

Zealots Non-ppr IDP 

Gave: Will Fuller

Got: 3.6 (Dyami Brown), 4.6 (Rhamondre Stevenson)

Almost took RS in the third. Not excited about him, but need at least some depth at the position. Would have preferred Gainwell but he went at 4.4.
I realize Fuller has the 1 G Suspension and Tua as his QB, but I think that is under selling Fuller.   I guess non-PPR makes a difference in league structure.  I like Fuller here .... 

I realize Fuller has the 1 G Suspension and Tua as his QB, but I think that is under selling Fuller.   I guess non-PPR makes a difference in league structure.  I like Fuller here .... 
It's possible. But was he good last year because of the PEDs? And I think he'll be second fiddle to Waddle. I shopped him all off-season-nobody wanted him for anything of real value. And I'm deep enough at WR to let him go.

And there's a new start two RB requirement this year and while I don't love Stevenson he's at least a startable guy.

And I like Dyami Brown

Team A gave:

Team B gave:

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Scott, Boston PHI RB
It’s especially crazy because the asset he obtained was awful but also liquid that every other owner could have bettered. It was a lesser, specific player  that team B wanted for Ekeler. Therefore he could have gotten the

4.04, 5.04, 6.04, 7.04 .... or better yet he could have gotten

4.03, 5.03, 6.03, 7.03... or better yet he could have gotten ... so in and so fourth.

I am generally one for not overturning trades but this needs to be overturned IMO

Users who are viewing this thread