What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (35 Viewers)

But it's not like he's joining the Jags and we have to spend time studying the impact, he's been living in this situation since he entered the league and has been performing very well.
We all have our takes. Ive never been a Robinson guy. I know he accumulated some nice stats. I don’t see anything particularly special about him other than opportunity.  

I get that a lot of folks were high on him. I was not among them. Maybe it’s rational, maybe not. 

He most certainly did not “look terrible” to anyone who actually watched him play in those games.

sometimes looking at a stat line doesn’t tell the tale. You’re wildly incorrect here. 
Yes, horrible stats, but I get your point.  I don't necessarily agree with it, but I get it.  The jury is still out on Akers regarding coming back from that injury.  Next year we will know for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all have our takes. Ive never been a Robinson guy. I know he accumulated some nice stats. I don’t see anything particularly special about him other than opportunity.  

I get that a lot of folks were high on him. I was not among them. Maybe it’s rational, maybe not. 
No, you are correct about Robinson.  There was a reason he wasn't drafted, but has done well for what he is.  I give him credit where credit is due.  However, a devastating injury, ETN, and marginal talent to begin with, he has an uphill battle IMO.

Yes, horrible stats, but I get your point.  I don't necessarily agree with it, but I get it.  The jury is still out on Akers regarding coming back from that injury.  Next year we will know for sure.
He looked rather quick and fast to me.  He burned one guy so bad on a pass route down the sidelines I was astonished this was the same guy who was injured.  He must have surprised himself cause he dropped the pass, haha.  

He absolutely looks like he will make a full physical recovery.  He seems right there. The jury is not still out IMO

Superflex Best Ball Devy Dynasty with TE Premium of 2 PPR vs 1 PPR for all others

Lineup is QB, RB, WR, TE, 5 Flex, 1 SF

Give: Dak Prescott

Get: Kyle Pitts

I have only two other QB's but they are: Herbert and Burrow

My current TE's are basically young or longshots: Trautman, Parham, Bryant, Granson

I hate to give up a QB in Superflex but with 2 PPR TEP and how Dak looked and with DAL's defense improving...

Dak scored 20.6 PPG this year (Top QB's scored 25 PPG, 23 PPG, 23 PPG)

Pitts scored 15 PPG (Top TE's scored 24 PPG, 22.5 PPG, 20 PPG)

Pitts would be a significant bump (10 PPG?) to my TE slot for 2022.
I'm ok with the Pitts side. Your QB room is young and set and then find another rookie or trade for an aging guy. Then Pitts turns your TEs to very good with the potential to be tops in the league. 

Trade depends on team needs IMO. 

And he's the reason they cut Fournette after about two weeks of camp whey they saw what they had.
He truly has an uphill battle for relevancy going forward in my opinion, or at least in 2022 he does.  It's not like he had a lot of juice before tearing his Achilles, but he does have youth on his side.  I wish him well, but no way would I give up an early 2nd round rookie  pick for him.  Probably not a late one either.  I would definitely give a 3rd however just in case ETN is a bust and he fully recovers, but call me skeptical. 

No, you are correct about Robinson.  There was a reason he wasn't drafted, but has done well for what he is.  I give him credit where credit is due.  However, a devastating injury, ETN, and marginal talent to begin with, he has an uphill battle IMO.
Exactly this. 

He absolutely looks like he will make a full physical recovery.  He seems right there. The jury is not still out IMO
OK, I won't argue my point any longer.  Besides, I didn't disagree he won't get there, but you saying he is already there is a bit premature IMO (he hasn't done much running the ball statistics wise), but I respect you to have whatever opinion you want to have.  The sample size so far is small (3 games), so I'm not saying hey, he sucked in those 3 games, so he must not be all the way back.  No, I'm not saying that at all.  I'm just one of those that wants to see it on the field.  A lot more than one play here or there, or that he looks to have a lot of burst after a play or two.

He looked rather quick and fast to me.  He burned one guy so bad on a pass route down the sidelines I was astonished this was the same guy who was injured.  He must have surprised himself cause he dropped the pass, haha.  

If you check the in-game topic from his 1st game back, on his 2nd or 3rd carry I'd noted he looked sluggish - burst wasn't on display. 

Halfway through that game (just a couple carries later in fact) I noted that I'd changed my mind, because he'd busted a big run with great burst & broke a tackle. He kept impressing me for the rest of the game. Yes, it was on limited touches and a small sample size, but he showed all the traits i wanted to see...patient runner, good vision, waited for the play to develop. Showed us a few jukes, a few good sharp cuts, and then he'd show good burst in breaking runs when the holes opened up or after he made a defender miss. Wiggle, power, patience.

I only wish I'd known I coulda had Akers for a 3rd when he tore his Achilles - maybe I haven't seen enough to know if he's made a FULL recovery - that's fair. It's a small sample size. But I've seen enough to know that those who took the chance on a buy-low absolutely turned a profit. 

Last thing I will say on Akers.  I think a lot of his value for people will be tied in to what they thought of him a year ago.  He was a 1st round startup pick in many places.  Chances are if you didnt agree with that you are lower on him NOW than the people who thought he was 1st round startup value.

Again to me, physically he is super close to dynamic, which this soon after that injury is amazing, leading me to believe he will get there no problem.  Obviously his conditioning isnt great yet.  How could it be?

Superflex Best Ball Devy Dynasty with TE Premium of 2 PPR vs 1 PPR for all others

My current TE's are basically young or longshots: Trautman, Parham, Bryant, Granson

I hate to give up a QB in Superflex but with 2 PPR TEP and how Dak looked and with DAL's defense improving...

There are only a few players I'd trade a QB1 for straight up in SF.  Pitts would be one of those in a 2 PPR league.

Last thing I will say on Akers.  I think a lot of his value for people will be tied in to what they thought of him a year ago.  He was a 1st round startup pick in many places.  Chances are if you didnt agree with that you are lower on him NOW than the people who thought he was 1st round startup value.

Again to me, physically he is super close to dynamic, which this soon after that injury is amazing, leading me to believe he will get there no problem.  Obviously his conditioning isnt great yet.  How could it be?
I wish him the very best.  I love a good story. I hope he is competing with Taylor next year for the best RB in the league.  I don't have any shares of Akers and only one of Taylor.  I did however tried to trade for Akers recently, along with Traylon Burks in a devy league.

Great, so howabout that Dak / Pitts trade above?
I dont play superflex.....however, in a league where TEs get 2 PPR, seems ok.

Dak is probably worth more than Pitts and probably goes before Pitts in startups (at least I am guessing he would), but given your team makeup it's ok to take a small value hit to improve a lot.

He most certainly did not “look terrible” to anyone who actually watched him play in those games.

sometimes looking at a stat line doesn’t tell the tale. You’re wildly incorrect here. 
I totally agree here.  He looked sharp to me, especially with the Achilles tear like 7 months ago or whatever it was.  I wouldn't go far as to call that the rule yet but I am super impressed with what he has been able to do.  Plus, one of those games was against TBs run D.  Not sure I would let Akers talk me in to overpaying for J-Rob but we see it is definitely possible.

Great, so howabout that Dak / Pitts trade above?
I think this is probably a great trade for both teams even though I don't play in this format at all.  I think you made a good move with a need at TE and 2 great, young QBs already on the roster.  I get the other side too.  This is probably a good win/win for that format.

This is Pitts for me by a decent margin. 

People are dropping his rushing lines from the last 3 games and completely ignoring he has had 7 catches for 70 yards in those same 3 games. And he looks great to me. I guess this is gonna be a bone all offseason. They're still playing though so let's see what happens Sunday. 

He truly has an uphill battle for relevancy going forward in my opinion, or at least in 2022 he does.  It's not like he had a lot of juice before tearing his Achilles, but he does have youth on his side.  I wish him well, but no way would I give up an early 2nd round rookie  pick for him.  Probably not a late one either.  I would definitely give a 3rd however just in case ETN is a bust and he fully recovers, but call me skeptical. 
I don't want to beat James Robinson discussion to death so as simply as I can put in this particular draft class for what I view will be available for a random second round pick I'd rather put my money on a young proven RB1 at a premium position and bank on him being able to recover. I

ETN factors into Robinson's value close to none for me because Robinson is in the last year of his deal and despite what Akers is doing I'm not counting on Robinson being ready in 9 months, just made it more of a possibility As I said before my valuation of Robinson is not just 2022. I'm sort of surprised in a dynasty discussion regarding a player who may miss most of the year and is in the last year of his deal so much focus is on his current situation. 

People are dropping his rushing lines from the last 3 games and completely ignoring he has had 7 catches for 70 yards in those same 3 games. And he looks great to me. I guess this is gonna be a bone all offseason. They're still playing though so let's see what happens Sunday. 
Plus one of those rushing lines was in the playoffs at the Bucs - arguably the best run defense in the league. 

Anything but injury and IMO he just might be 2nd round startup value, mid-late

Anything but injury and IMO he just might be 2nd round startup value, mid-late

I've always thought you can take redraft ADP and to a degree get an idea of where players would be valued in dynasty, just have to factor in some key elements.

In that FFPC $125 best ball format, which has some pretty savvy drafters in it, he's gone 2.8 and 2.9. 

So I for sure think some people are looking past YPC and yes I'd be surprised if comes out of these playoffs not as a second round startup guy.

FFPC, 1QB

team A gives: Laviska, Gaskin

Team B gives: 2023 3rd
Man, last year everyone woulda said team A got fleeced. 

Maybe now it’s the other way around. 😬 

It’s actually probably a bargain anyway - Shenault has to be better this year.

I’m not sure what Gaskin will be. I’m not sure he will be anything. I have to think the Dolphins are sure to add a RB. 

I might pay a 2023 3rd for Shenault. Might. It’d be hard to pull the trigger. 

12 team PPR SF Best Ball Dynasty League

Gave: Brady and A-Robinson

Got: Daniel Jones and 3rd in 2023
:o  

Someone…bought Brady? 

This is basically DJ & 2023 3rd for ARob, which is still a bad deal in superflex. 

The only way this works for the team getting Brady/ARob is if Brady isn’t retiring. Otherwise it’s a fleecing*.

*unless DJ flops under a new coaching staff in what’s likely his last chance to put his stamp on the job. 

FFPC, 1QB

team A gives: Laviska, Gaskin

Team B gives: 2023 3rd
It is a copycat league and teams took notice on how the Niners used Deebo. Laviska has been disappointing but he does fit that mold of playmaker and can handle some carries in the backfield. I will role the dice for a 3rd and see if the new offense can get creative with him.

It is a copycat league and teams took notice on how the Niners used Deebo. Laviska has been disappointing but he does fit that mold of playmaker and can handle some carries in the backfield. I will role the dice for a 3rd and see if the new offense can get creative with him.
Isn’t that how they said they wanted to use ETN?

i’m starting to warm to the idea of buying low on Laviska. I might have to check with the owner in my league to see how optimistic he’s feeling.

my fear is that he’s one of those cult guys who’s price doesn’t shift much out of optimism for his future potential.

Isn’t that how they said they wanted to use ETN?

i’m starting to warm to the idea of buying low on Laviska. I might have to check with the owner in my league to see how optimistic he’s feeling.

my fear is that he’s one of those cult guys who’s price doesn’t shift much out of optimism for his future potential.
No idea how they planned on using ETN and the coach that drafted him is gone after one year so those ideas are gone as well. They both will get a clean slate with a new staff and both have enough physical ability to have upside. Shenault is a well built receiver much like Deebo which presents the possibility anyway of similar usage. He is also the less expensive option between the two by a large margin. There really should be no fear in this one as giving up a 3rd is not much of a risk.

No idea how they planned on using ETN and the coach that drafted him is gone after one year so those ideas are gone as well. They both will get a clean slate with a new staff and both have enough physical ability to have upside. Shenault is a well built receiver much like Deebo which presents the possibility anyway of similar usage. He is also the less expensive option between the two by a large margin. There really should be no fear in this one as giving up a 3rd is not much of a risk.
I agree, but there’s certainly risk investing in the Jaguars. Especially considering we have no idea who they’re going to run out there at running back, what they are going to do in the draft, or how the new incoming coach and/or offensive coordinator feels about using a wide receiver in that capacity. Saying it’s fair based on pure speculation of this sort of usage seems flawed.

that said, I do think Laviska is worth a third rounder for the upside potential purely as a receiver.

Gave Gabriel Davis

Got 2023 1st

Wanted to keep a piece of the Buffalo offense but ultimately felt like it may be a good time to unload.

Interesting deal...if you are not sold on Davis this is a nice cash out after his big playoff performance...if you think that game is a sign of things to come that is not much to pay for a WR that will be riding shotgun with Josh Allen...I don't have an issue either way but as a Davis Owner I would rather sit tight on him as he won't be 23 until April and I would rather see if he is the real deal rather than wait till 2023 for the pick.

Users who are viewing this thread