What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

Continuing the rebuild. 

gave: Cook, ‘24 3rd

got: Dillon, ‘24 1st

less than I would have liked for cook, but the 23 1sts are all consolidated between rebuilding teams so I couldn’t really get a package  I liked and don’t see that changing if I waited until the season because none of the contenders have their picks. I’m up to 4 1sts and 3 3rds in ‘23 and ‘24
I love this for you. Dillon could be worth more than Cook this time next year if things align.

I get why you did this and I like Dillon but this just feels crazy light for Cook to me.
I’m in the camp of trading guys like Cook  Chubb, etc at this stage. They’re a year or injury away from Zeke/Henry territory (you’re lucky to get a late 1st). Look at guys like Nuk and Julio. You end up with nothing if you wait too long before exiting. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed this one going through in our league a couple of days ago, 10tm PPR SF not involved

Team A gives: Ekeler, 2023 3rd

Team B gives: Barkley, 2023 2nd

Neither seems like a contender this year so picks will be early-mid barring any huge strangeness

Missed this one going through in our league a couple of days ago, 10tm PPR SF not involved

Neither seems like a contender this year so picks will be early-mid barring any huge strangeness
Pick your preference or poison trade to me.

If it's Dalvin Cook we're talking about I don't think it's a bad trade at all.  His value is on a steady decline and getting Dillion and a 1st is good value.
It is possible but Dillon could also not end up taking over and the 1st is in 24.  My league values RBs a little more than this so it feels light.  Not terrible but I'd like more if I was dealing a top 5 RB.

Just because of the offense and stability, I'll go with the Ek side and I'm not even high on him.  I do think Barkley has a bounce back year.

So for those keeping track, the net result of blowing up my team the last 2 days:

Gave: Winston, D. Cook, CEH, Hunt, Rojo, Evans, Mclaurin, Keenan, Hurst, ‘24 3rd

Got: 3 ‘23 1sts, 4 ‘24 1sts, 2 ‘23 2nds, 2 ‘24 2nds, Kyle Philips 
Fantastic job.  Man after my own heart blowing it up & rebuilding through the draft.

Curious: What’s your remaining core of youth look like? 

Sleeper league. Start 22 weekly (11 O/11 D) and I feel like my cheat code has been starting a boatload of LBs on defense flex along with strategic TE investments since it’s TE premium. 
I’m trying to upgrade from Higbee/Kmet to [better TE]/Kmet in this same format, and it’s like pulling teeth.

I could potentially get Pitts for a 2023 1st, & pieces, but I don’t wanna deal away my 2023 1st. 

Fantastic job.  Man after my own heart blowing it up & rebuilding through the draft.

Curious: What’s your remaining core of youth look like? 
not much haha. My relevant players I still have:

QB- Stafford, Wentz

RB- B. Hall

WR- Olave, Woods

TE- Gesicki

have some fliers like Nico Collins, Allgeier types, but definitely hitting the reset button overall. Going to try and flip Stafford and woods for younger players if I can since no one has any more picks to trade haha 

I’m trying to upgrade from Higbee/Kmet to [better TE]/Kmet in this same format, and it’s like pulling teeth.

I could potentially get Pitts for a 2023 1st, & pieces, but I don’t wanna deal away my 2023 1st. 
In TE premium it would be worth it if not too many "pieces" plus you have a bunch of 23 1sts don't you?  I'd think about it as Pitts is that good.

In TE premium it would be worth it if not too many "pieces" plus you have a bunch of 23 1sts don't you?  I'd think about it as Pitts is that good.
No, I already have Kyle Pitts in the league I have 6X firsts.

this is a new league I just joined where I have but the 1. It looks so sad all by itself, too. 🥺

Notre Dame homer and all, but Kmet seems poised for that breakout year where TEs usually get it. I know Fields' line might be the issue, but he's a legit NFL talent and we all saw it for years at ND. I think you'd probably regret trading him away for a perceived upgrade in a deep league like that unless you were chasing a devy like Mayer or Bowers and their owners bit and you could hold out a year or more in the position.

Notre Dame homer and all, but Kmet seems poised for that breakout year where TEs usually get it. I know Fields' line might be the issue, but he's a legit NFL talent and we all saw it for years at ND. I think you'd probably regret trading him away for a perceived upgrade in a deep league like that unless you were chasing a devy like Mayer or Bowers and their owners bit and you could hold out a year or more in the position.
Right. I have no interest in dealing away Kmet. He’s not on the block.

I want to upgrade From Higbee to something better.

Also, I forgot to mention, it’s a start 2 TE + TE-P league, making them even more valuable. 

Picked up a second team with my son to teach him the game and previous owner had a love affair with RBs only (no WRs, no QBs) in a start 22 superflex like my other league. Already made a deal to get DJ Moore to get a WR, but just pulled this one off in the early 5th round where we swapped a few already picked players to get a QB2:

I got : Mac Jones + 2022 4th (Lorenzo Styles Jr, WR, Notre Dame)
I gave : Chase Edmonds + 2022 2nd (Devon Achane, RB, Texas A&M),  2022 3rd (Tyler Van Dyke, QB, Miami), 2022 6th, 2022 7th

Jayded said:
Picked up a second team with my son to teach him the game and previous owner had a love affair with RBs only (no WRs, no QBs) in a start 22 superflex like my other league. Already made a deal to get DJ Moore to get a WR, but just pulled this one off in the early 5th round where we swapped a few already picked players to get a QB2:

I got : Mac Jones + 2022 4th (Lorenzo Styles Jr, WR, Notre Dame)
I gave : Chase Edmonds + 2022 2nd (Devon Achane, RB, Texas A&M),  2022 3rd (Tyler Van Dyke, QB, Miami), 2022 6th, 2022 7th
That’s a bargain for a QB in a SF league. 

That’s a bargain for a QB in a SF league. 
Biggest lesson to teach the boy = bird in hand. So many in devy value picks or future players over current talent. Even if Achane turns into something and same for Van Dyke, it’s at least one year and I’d have absolutely zero shot in the near future. Now in SF I can start Murray and Mac and have a decent shot with my roster make up. 

Maybe you can infuse some fun in to the league.  I get little to no trades in redraft leagues but not dynasty.
16 teams elevates every player’s value. Plus people inherently seem to overvalue their own players in dynasty regardless. 

Maybe 1/3 of this league seems like they like to trade. Of those one of them is notorious for poor offers, which I’ve been warned about & discovered 1st hand. 

Working on a deal to send a player/picks for ‘mouth. It’s start 2 TE + TE-P, so that would be quite a get. Wish me luck. 

16 teams elevates every player’s value. Plus people inherently seem to overvalue their own players in dynasty regardless. 

Maybe 1/3 of this league seems like they like to trade. Of those one of them is notorious for poor offers, which I’ve been warned about & discovered 1st hand. 

Working on a deal to send a player/picks for ‘mouth. It’s start 2 TE + TE-P, so that would be quite a get. Wish me luck. 
That is true.  I refuse to play in that big of a league.  I have done 14 once and 8 twice.  I can do 10 but that is the smallest.  112 seems perfect and where I'd prefer to stay any more.  

I do like Patty F as an option.  2 TE and TE Prem is not a combo I have ever played.  Done the TE Prem thing but not starting 2.  Seems like it would be hard to find a good 2nd option.

14 teams, Empire, Superflex, PPR

Gave: Mike Evans

Got: Rondale Moore, 2.11, ‘23 2nd

——————

My thinking is cashing out before Evans is worth a sole 2nd. I get an upside piece in Moore and a few dart throws in addition. I’m a contender. But payouts are weak until Empire year (3 years away). This deal puts me in a better position for that empire prize. Thoughts?

Gave: Mile Evans

——————

My thinking is cashing out before Evans is worth a sole 2nd. I get an upside piece in Moore and a few dart throws in addition. I’m a contender. But payouts are weak until Empire year (3 years away). This deal puts me in a better position for that empire prize. Thoughts?
I would think you could still get a 1st for Evans. Still - Moore + 2x 2nds isn’t bad. Are those 2022 or 2023?

I would think you could still get a 1st for Evans. Still - Moore + 2x 2nds isn’t bad. Are those 2022 or 2023?
2.11 this year (Brian Robinson) and a ‘23 (proj mid). I like Rondale’s chances too. No Kirk, Nuk suspended and older. I’m hoping for a 70/800/6 type of year. 

I could’ve waited to trade him mid-season and may have gotten a 1st. Three 2nds is the best offer I’ve got after trying for a mid-late 1st all off season. 

——————

This isn't a bad return on Evans if you are ok with making your team worse this year.

——————

I'm not a fan of Rondale Moore, so I think you really could have gotten a better return (more). 

I'm not a fan of Rondale Moore, so I think you really could have gotten a better return (more). 
Playing the long game and will still contend without Evans. Empire payouts are three years away. I want to be peaking then and get something for Evans before he becomes the next Nuk, Julio, AB, etc. The trade value cliff doesn’t wait for perfect deals to pop into your inbox. 

I’m not sure who is selling Superflex 1st’s for Evans. Vets are impossible to trade during the off-season if your looking for returns like yourself. I might’ve gotten more holding but won’t hold my breathe seeing how people are clutching onto ‘23 1sts. This felt like a reasonable out. 

Playing the long game and will still contend without Evans. Empire payouts are three years away. I want to be peaking then and get something for Evans before he becomes the next Nuk, Julio, AB, etc. The trade value cliff doesn’t wait for perfect deals to pop into your inbox. 

I’m not sure who is selling Superflex 1st’s for Evans. Vets are impossible to trade during the off-season if your looking for returns like yourself. I might’ve gotten more holding but won’t hold my breathe seeing how people are clutching onto ‘23 1sts. This felt like a reasonable out. 
Empire changes everything, if I understand the Empire designation correctly. I missed that you said that. That's when you have a hybrid redraft/dynasty league where payouts are progressive and you put a certain amount in the yearly pot and a certain amount in the empire pot and the empire pot gets paid out with back-to-back wins, right?

I'm not really qualified to comment on a trade in a vacuum in that case. If you're playing for Year Three, then yeah, Evans won't bring the kind of return you're hoping for. 

2.11 this year (Brian Robinson) and a ‘23 (proj mid). I like Rondale’s chances too. No Kirk, Nuk suspended and older. I’m hoping for a 70/800/6 type of year. 

I could’ve waited to trade him mid-season and may have gotten a 1st. Three 2nds is the best offer I’ve got after trying for a mid-late 1st all off season. 
In cases where the player is maybe worth a first, but you aren't quite getting it, I like to offer Evans/player and a 2nd for a 1st.  That often can get it done.  This mindset is aided by the fact that I historically suckat picking the right players in the 2nd.

112 seems perfect and where I'd prefer to stay any more. 
dude, I’m with you! I LOVE my 112 team league. Our starting requirements are :

start any ONE of a QB, RB, WR, TE, K or D, but no more than 1 in total.

the draft is a killer 112 pick, 1st round. Takes ages. What sucks is, for some reason, the folks picking near the top of the draft don’t even hang around to see how the later picks work out. Bad league dynamic. 

I won the championship in that league last year 15 to 13.2 and have the trophy to prove it!

Empire changes everything, if I understand the Empire designation correctly. I missed that you said that. That's when you have a hybrid redraft/dynasty league where payouts are progressive and you put a certain amount in the yearly pot and a certain amount in the empire pot and the empire pot gets paid out with back-to-back wins, right?
interesting format. I’ll have to look into that. 

the draft is a killer 112 pick, 1st round. Takes ages. What sucks is, for some reason, the folks picking near the top of the draft don’t even hang around to see how the later picks work out. Bad league dynamic. 

I won the championship in that league last year 15 to 13.2 and have the trophy to prove it!
:lol:  

I saw the typo, but let it go. Lmao

——————

I’m not a Moore fan so think you gave Evans away fairly cheap. I’ve seen him go for a 2023 first this off-season and also seen him go for the 1.10 this season.

Totally agree with everything you said but would like the player to be better than Rondale Moore coming back and I would have liked this a lot more.

Lol.  Fat fingers.  You know what I meant though.  14 or more just feels like too much.

Users who are viewing this thread