What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

Jonesin For Some Football said:
Lol.  Fat fingers.  You know what I meant though.  14 or more just feels like too much.
Wow. So now you’re going to sit here and make believe the 112 team league that WE started together doesn’t even exist?!?! I thought we could use this opportunity to recruit new owners in the Shark Pool but you threw a cold bucket of water on that idea. 

#IllSeeMyselfOut

Last edited by a moderator:
rockaction said:
Empire changes everything, if I understand the Empire designation correctly. I missed that you said that. That's when you have a hybrid redraft/dynasty league where payouts are progressive and you put a certain amount in the yearly pot and a certain amount in the empire pot and the empire pot gets paid out with back-to-back wins, right?

I'm not really qualified to comment on a trade in a vacuum in that case. If you're playing for Year Three, then yeah, Evans won't bring the kind of return you're hoping for. 
You’re understanding is correct. The Empire prizes are massive. I want to contend yearly but be strategic around empire year. 

Misterblack said:
12-team Superflex:

Lamar Jackson 

for

Davis Mills, Tyler Lockett, 2022 1st, 2023 1st
I don’t mind this. It seems fair. I’d need to see roater/settings/scoring to break the tie. Plus, I’m a DM truther! 

League:

• 12 team PPR
  • Start 12: 1Q 1R 2W 1T 1K 1D 4F 1 SF.
  • QB scoring reduced by ~1/3 from typical, so SF less meaningful than in most leagues.
2021 was inaugural season. I lost in the championship, so my draft slot in the 2022 rookie draft was 11th. Had Henry not gotten injured last season, I think I would have won the title. I was very close even without him.

Gave:

• Henderson, Darrell LAR RB
  • Jefferson, Van LAR WR
  • Moore, Rondale ARI WR
  • Year 2023 Round 1 Draft Pick (expect to be late)
  • Year 2024 Round 1 Draft Pick (hopefully late, but harder to predict)
Got:

• Samuel, Deebo SFO WR
This results in this roster for now (11 of 12 typical starters bolded):

• QB (3) - Brady, Cousins, Wentz
  • RB (6) - Taylor, Cook, Henry, Mattison, Hines, Evans
  • WR (10) - Adams, Evans, Samuel, Aiyuk, Bourne, Doubs (2022 3.11), Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Beasley, McKenzie
  • TE (4) - Knox, Gronk, Brate, Tonyan
  • PK (1) - Gay
  • DST (1) - Cowboys
I have two open roster spots for veteran free agents, and we have the 4th round of our rookie draft in August, in which I draft at 4.11.

Obviously, this is a roster with some older players (Brady, Henry, Adams, Gronk), so this trade is me pushing for a championship this season. It will clearly hurt me long term to go without first round picks in 2023 and 2024 as some of my older players age out. So hoping the gamble pays off.

My thinking was that Henderson, Jefferson, and Moore likely would not have been major contributors short term, and probably not long term, either... whereas Deebo will be a regular starter. He may never again replicate his 2021 season, but he was the #4 overall scorer last season. In fact, this gives me the #2, #3, and #4 overall scorers from last season (Taylor, Adams, Deebo), plus Henry was #2 in ppg.

My thinking was also that my picks would tend to be late in the first, and I would likely either not have top choices and/or would miss on one or both picks. But the picks are the real risk.

The Deebo owner accepted my initial offer, and I'm now doubting myself, thinking I overpaid, though I'm happy to have Deebo.

Comments?

League:

• 12 team PPR
  • QB scoring reduced by ~1/3 from typical, so SF less meaningful than in most leagues.
2021 was inaugural season. I lost in the championship, so my draft slot in the 2022 rookie draft was 11th. Had Henry not gotten injured last season, I think I would have won the title. I was very close even without him.

Gave:

• Jefferson, Van LAR WR
  • Moore, Rondale ARI WR
Got:

• Samuel, Deebo SFO WR

• WR (10) - Adams, Evans, Samuel, Aiyuk, Bourne, Doubs (2022 3.11), Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Beasley, McKenzie
  • PK (1) - Gay
  • DST (1) - Cowboys
I have two open roster spots for veteran free agents, and we have the 4th round of our rookie draft in August, in which I draft at 4.11.

Obviously, this is a roster with some older players (Brady, Henry, Adams, Gronk), so this trade is me pushing for a championship this season.

My thinking was that Henderson, Jefferson, and Moore likely would not have been major contributors short term, and probably not long term, either... whereas Deebo will be a regular starter. He may never again replicate his 2021 season, but he was the #4 overall scorer last season. In fact, this gives me the #2, #3, and #4 overall scorers from last season (Taylor, Adams, Deebo), plus Henry was #2 in ppg.

The Deebo owner accepted my initial offer, and I'm now doubting myself, thinking I overpaid, though I'm happy to have Deebo.

Comments?
That seems like a lot for Deebo. I like him, but I’d think 2 firsts alone would be a bit of an overpay.

I get it if your truly going for it, and I do like the subsequent lineup, but that seems like an overpay. 

That seems like a lot for Deebo. I like him, but I’d think 2 firsts alone would be a bit of an overpay.

I get it if your truly going for it, and I do like the subsequent lineup, but that seems like an overpay. 
agree entirely. I think you started the negotiations WAY too hi.

But hopefully you win it all this year and who the heck cares :)

agree entirely. I think you started the negotiations WAY too hi.

But hopefully you win it all this year and who the heck cares :)
Yeah, I would have made an initial offer of the ‘23 1st, a 2nd and those pieces to see what response I got. 

but like you said, if it gets a ‘ship, probably worth it. 

16 team IDP keeper/dynasty .5 PPR. We roster 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR and 1 TE. We keep 6 off / 8 def.

Keeping Lamar, Aaron Jones, Fournette, Jamar Chase, Courtland Sutton and Pitts

Gave Aiyuk, Amari Cooper and a 2022 3rd to a WR starved team

for

Two insignificant WR's and a 2023 1st

His 2022 first was last and I am not overly excited about this draft class. Trade partners were limited but extremely happy with this deal. 

16 team IDP keeper/dynasty .5 PPR. We roster 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR and 1 TE. We keep 6 off / 8 def.

for

His 2022 first was last and I am not overly excited about this draft class. Trade partners were limited but extremely happy with this deal. 
With your roster limitations I get it, but that’s a lot for a 1st. When you say “last” do you mean that team finished last or picked last? My concern is you gave so much that their team will improve enough to hurt your pick. Cooper + Aiyuk for a 1st isn’t exactly a bargain, but it depends on where the 1st is. 

Ps - That’s such an archaic format - only being able to roster 4 WR in a start-3 league is just brutal with the longer season & BYE weeks, esp in dynasty. What happens if you have 2 WR on a BYE at the same time? 

League:

• 12 team PPR

Gave:

• Jefferson, Van LAR WR
  • Moore, Rondale ARI WR
Got:

• Samuel, Deebo SFO WR

• PK (1) - Gay
  • DST (1) - Cowboys

Obviously, this is a roster with some older players (Brady, Henry, Adams, Gronk), so this trade is me pushing for a championship this season. It will clearly hurt me long term to go without first round picks in 2023 and 2024 as some of my older players age out. So hoping the gamble pays off.

My thinking was also that my picks would tend to be late in the first, and I would likely either not have top choices and/or would miss on one or both picks. But the picks are the real risk.

Comments?
This is a little high and I'm a Deebo fan, but really Henderson, Jefferson, and Moore aren't pieces on a championship team.  So really it is the 2 1sts.  You definitely overpaid as Deebo will not be as good as he was last year (as far as numbers go) but like has been said, if you win the chip, it doesn't matter.  I'd pay this for a trophy all day.

for

I like the 23 1st round but this really needs to be a top 5 pick for it to be worth it.  Cooper & Aiyuk isn't anything to sneeze at.

With your roster limitations I get it, but that’s a lot for a 1st. When you say “last” do you mean that team finished last or picked last? My concern is you gave so much that their team will improve enough to hurt your pick. Cooper + Aiyuk for a 1st isn’t exactly a bargain, but it depends on where the 1st is. 

Ps - That’s such an archaic format - only being able to roster 4 WR in a start-3 league is just brutal with the longer season & BYE weeks, esp in dynasty. What happens if you have 2 WR on a BYE at the same time? 
 by "last" I mean the 1.15 in this years draft. Dude got hot at the end of the season but I don't anticipate that kid of finish again. I didn't word that very well.

And I get someone saying I could have gotten more. In a vacuum that may be true but when the the trade offers aren't rolling in and it's closing in on the time to declare your keepers you have to try something. But the reality is no one was sending offers or even interested. So I took two pieces that were not going to make my final 6 and got a 1st. Sure I would have liked more but sometime you have to get something instead of nothing. 

12 team SF, all TD's 6 points, PPR, except TE 2PPR, start 2-6 RB, 2-6WR, 1-5 TE

Trevor Lawrence for Trey Lance, Tyler Allgeier, 2023 4th

Interesting. I think that’s basically Algiers and 2023 4th for free since I think Trevor vs Trey is a likely push imo at least. (E.g. they’re literally ranked 12th and 13th in FBG’s dynasty QB rankings). But I guess someone really likes Lawrence. 

ps. Crazy/cool starting line up requirements 

Wow. You got paid possibly a starting RB and a 4th for the privilege of getting the better (fantasy) QB anyway. Well done.

Dynasty 12 teamer .5PPR...standard scoring otherwise (1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 1 K/D), contract style salary cap.  Must have at least 2 QB, 4 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2 Def, 2 K...  and 6 extras.  4 Taxi Squad spots for rookies.

Team 1:  gets Edwards-Helaire, Gage, 2023 2nd
Team 2:  gets D Montgomery

Team 2 was looking for a RB.  

Dynasty 12 teamer .5PPR...standard scoring otherwise (1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 1 K/D), contract style salary cap.  Must have at least 2 QB, 4 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2 Def, 2 K...  and 6 extras.  4 Taxi Squad spots for rookies.

Team 1:  gets Edwards-Helaire, Gage, 2023 2nd
Team 2:  gets D Montgomery

Team 2 was looking for a RB.  
Montgomery

12 Team SuperFlex Devy League. 1PPR, 6 points per passing TD

Team A: DK Metcalf
Team B: 2023 1st (mid-late), 3rd, 4th, Jacoby Brissett

*Team B has Watson as QB2

12 team PPR

Team A got Woods, Conner, 2023 2nd

Team B got Akers, Gage
Fair on paper but I don't get it. Getting paid a 2nd to get older doesn't do it for me. My guess is they hate Akers.

12 Team SuperFlex Devy League. 1PPR, 6 points per passing TD

Team A: DK Metcalf
Team B: 2023 1st (mid-late), 3rd, 4th, Jacoby Brissett

*Team B has Watson as QB2
Steal, and having Watson as QB2 shouldn't matter. I'd rather start Metcalf at SF than Brissett.

12 team PPR

Team A got Woods, Conner, 2023 2nd

Team B got Akers, Gage
I think I want the Akers side here.  

I don't really like or want Akers in dynasty.  But if I'm sitting on Conner, I'd probably give him and a 2nd for Akers.  

I don't put a ton of value on Woods.  He's 30, coming off an ACL, going to a run heavy offense.  Sucks to not get more out of him, but at this point if it gets the deal done, I'd throw him in.  

Gage I also don't feel real excited about.  But he could give you several good weeks waiting for Godwin to return.  

Fair on paper but I don't get it. Getting paid a 2nd to get older doesn't do it for me. My guess is they hate Akers.

Steal, and having Watson as QB2 shouldn't matter. I'd rather start Metcalf at SF than Brissett.
I'm pretty strongly anti-Akers and want the Akers side in this deal.

Having our rookie slow draft now…16 team IDP. Another team wanted my 1.14

I gave 1.14

Other team gave 2023 Round 1 Draft Pick,  2023 Round 3 Draft Pick,   2024 Round 2 Draft Pick 

I know it doesn’t mean anything but other team had 4 wins last year. Only real talent he added this year was ODB, Sky Moore, and George Pickens. He also Traded away Tee Higgins. Based on this, I feel relatively confident the 1st should be somewhat early.

Having our rookie slow draft now…16 team IDP. Another team wanted my 1.14

I gave 1.14

Other team gave 2023 Round 1 Draft Pick,  2023 Round 3 Draft Pick,   2024 Round 2 Draft Pick 

I know it doesn’t mean anything but other team had 4 wins last year. Only real talent he added this year was ODB, Sky Moore, and George Pickens. He also Traded away Tee Higgins. Based on this, I feel relatively confident the 1st should be somewhat early.
That would seem to be a really nice get for you. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• joey