Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music memories, it was a good run

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bruce Springsteen Tuesday

Operators (Dan Boeckner) in February

Wintersleep in March - had to buy tickets in Kingston, ON - Toronto show sold out already.

Death Cab/Metric in March

Will also by buying Wayhome tickets as soon as they go on sale (next week?)

Any rumours on performers at Wayhome yet?

Bruce Springsteen Tuesday

Operators (Dan Boeckner) in February

Wintersleep in March - had to buy tickets in Kingston, ON - Toronto show sold out already.

Death Cab/Metric in March

Will also by buying Wayhome tickets as soon as they go on sale (next week?)

Any rumours on performers at Wayhome yet?

Yeah, I stress RUMOUR but a lot of people are speculating Arcade Fire to headline. I am trying not to get my hopes up for that, but would love it.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Buckcherry at the Canyon Club last Thursday.  Lot of fun.  Gin Blossoms 3/5.  Springsteen 3/17.  Kenny Wayne Shephard just added to Doheny Blues Festival so I gotta go to that now...Lots of other shows I want to see at the Greek and Hollywood Bowl.  Alabama Shakes, etc. Chris Stapleton at Santa Barbara Bowl in a few weeks.  If I'm in town I'm going.

9 hours ago, Todem said:

Opening night tomorrow for Iron Maiden's Book of Souls tour.

I will be in the house.

Leaving work around 4:30, making the 3+ hour drive Orlando to Sunrise.  Arriving just before showtime, watching the show, then driving my friends (who unlike me, will be hammered) to the home of one of their brothers in Aventura, then driving from there back to my house (3 hours.)  Should get home somewhere around 3:30-4:00 AM. 3 hours sleep and back at work tomorrow.

I don't know what I was thinking.

• Like 1

Caught Aaron Lewis (formerly of Stain'd) Sunday night as a xmas gift for the GF (she's a huge fan). Shot from front row sidestage. Lifeproof case muffled the audio a bit. This is our 4th or 5th time catching him.. quite a good show. Very intimate setup with a unplugged/storytellers type vibe .

Missing Dropkick Murphy's tonight and Cody Jinks Friday due to heading out of town... may catch Gary Clark Junior on Saturday night if I'm back from Kentucky in time. 

Edited by [icon]

10 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Caught Aaron Lewis (formerly of Stain'd) Sunday night as a xmas gift for the GF (she's a huge fan). Shot from front row sidestage. Lifeproof case muffled the audio a bit. This is our 4th or 5th time catching him.. quite a good show. Very intimate setup with a unplugged/storytellers type vibe .

Missing Dropkick Murphy's tonight and Cody Jinks Friday due to heading out of town... may catch Gary Clark Junior on Saturday night if I'm back from Kentucky in time. 

That would be a great show..

On March 2, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Ketamine Dreams said:

Seeing Dave and Phil Alvin tonight. Have tickets to see Dwight Yoakam, Gary Clark Jr., and Brandi Carlile so far. May go see the Turnpike Trubadors as well 

Saw Dave and Phil Alvin for the first time last year.  Great to see Phil bounce back. Dave is a total bad ###. 

• Like 1

Just bought tickets to see Bruce Springsteen this Thursday in L.A.  Never been - sort of a bucket list item.  Listening to The River now.  Thinking heading down early for March Madness games and St. Patrick's Day festivities.  Should be a great day....

Update: I'm embarrassed I've never seen the E Street Band before now.  Really.  What a show.   Now I know why some fans have gone to 100+ concerts to see Bruce.  3 1/2 hours.  Would think he would be totally spent and it was just "1-2-3-4....." and on to the next one.  Non-stop.

Thinking of seeing Chris Stapleton at the Santa Barbara Bowl next month...

Edited by Judge Smails
Update
  • Like 1

On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 9:44 AM, JerseyToughGuys said:

Jason Isbell @ The Beacon on Friday.

Missed him at Newport last summer (checked out Courtney Barnet instead - stupid scheduling conflicts :( ) Curious how the crowd will be. Hopefully no folks sitting on their asses in my section.

great show but it's pretty much a sit on your ### show.

3 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

Just bought tickets to see Bruce Springsteen this Thursday in L.A.  Never been - sort of a bucket list item.  Listening to The River now.  Thinking heading down early for March Madness games and St. Patrick's Day festivities.  Should be a great day....

Was in Phoenix last Thurs for work and scalped last minute tix on a whim, GA for $150. Not a huge fan but it was a blast. The guy sure does give it his all. :thumbup: