What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (2 Viewers)

Presale offered if you are a member of W.A.S.T.E.  Guessing you would have needed to be member prior to announcement, but can't hurt to check, as there is no cost to join.
Thanks.  Signed up this morning. I'm assuming presale information was sent via email.

Ticketmaster doesn't have a presale date listed.  So is the WASTE presale via a different site, rather than using a code on TM?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to get Bruno Mars tickets for my wife for her birthday/our anniversary but sold out 2 shows and now $130+ each for even the worst seats.

Taking Mrs. O to see Erasure in July.  Show mostly sold out, but got tix on StubHub for slightly more than face cost.

Scored 4 Radiohead GA (only option available for presale) for 7/13 at MSG.  Last tour, was able to walk in after opening act and get close to front right of Thom.  Have to set back a bit this time as I did not catch the full visuals.  Good luck to those going through TM.

April 23 - Built To Spill

May 2 - Modest Mouse

May 3 - Modest Mouse (because once isn't enough)

June 9 - Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks

August 2 - David Byrne

Metallica fall arena tour being announced on Monday. Cincinnati in there, along with Louisville and Indy. Hoping to swing at least one of them.

Do people still get tickets through the venue and Ticketmaster as soon as they go on sale?  I use Seat Geek and buy around a week before the show.  They typically cost face or a bit more but I can pretty much pick where I want to sit.  Now I've done this for mainly country acts in the second level arenas and not huge acts like T Swizzle, but I'm trying to get tix to her later in the year so we'll so how it works out. 

Going to Sheepdogs tonight and Santana in a couple of weeks. For those that haven't checked out the Sheepdogs, they are a Canadian band that has an Allman Brothers feel to them.

Do people still get tickets through the venue and Ticketmaster as soon as they go on sale?  I use Seat Geek and buy around a week before the show.  They typically cost face or a bit more but I can pretty much pick where I want to sit.  Now I've done this for mainly country acts in the second level arenas and not huge acts like T Swizzle, but I'm trying to get tix to her later in the year so we'll so how it works out. 
Is this like stub hub?  Are you buying real tickets or speculative from a broker?

Is this like stub hub?  Are you buying real tickets or speculative from a broker?
Both I guess.  Bought some Little Big Town tickets for this friday and I got two actual tickets mailed to me.  I've also bought downloadable tickets.  A week or two out from the show seems to be the sweet spot, based on my experience anyway. 

I prefer Seat Geek and like sites to TM.  I’m not tying up my money for 6-9 months for shows.  I don’t mind paying a little more if it’s the seats I want, chances are they were never available when the public sale started anyway.  

Anyone ever go to a concert in another country (besides Canada and USA)? Man I’d love to see U2 in Ireland or another euro venue.

Was able to get Radiohead tix through general sale.  So pumped.

Confirmed:
Grateful Dead Cleveland
Phish Austin
Radiohead Cincinnati
Roger Daltrey performing Tommy with Dayton Philharmonic

Considering:
Tedeschi Trucks and Drive-By Truckers Cincinnati
David Byrne Cincinnati
Turnpike Troubadors Cincinnati

Wife wants me to go to see X Ambassadors.  Don't know anything about them.

Was able to get Radiohead tix through general sale.  So pumped.

Confirmed:
Grateful Dead Cleveland
Phish Austin
Radiohead Cincinnati
Roger Daltrey performing Tommy with Dayton Philharmonic

Considering:
Tedeschi Trucks and Drive-By Truckers Cincinnati
David Byrne Cincinnati
Turnpike Troubadors Cincinnati

Wife wants me to go to see X Ambassadors.  Don't know anything about them.
I wouldn't miss Tedeschi Trucks anytime they are in town

Confirmed:
Grateful Dead Cleveland
I think they are called something else now.  No Jerry, no Phil... I think Mayer is a great guitarist but this ain't the same.  Should be fun though.

Trying really hard to convince the crew to hit up Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats in Chicago.  His shows have to be all energy.

Saw Steve Aoki last week, it was a great show.

Got lucky with a couple presales and now have June 27 Imagine Dragons, Summerfest Milwaukee

Sept 2nd Metallica in Madison

Oct 16th Metallica in Milwaukee

I also have Little Big Town tickets for April but I can't go now, wife will take a friend.

I think they are called something else now.  No Jerry, no Phil... I think Mayer is a great guitarist but this ain't the same.  Should be fun though.
Well aware, thanks.  Have seen them twice, not the same but still great.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd Thursday night at the Canyon. Always great..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQhiRPQp6lU
Best I've ever seen him.  Rare form and played for 2 solid hours.  I went to his site and see that he's playing on one of those blues cruises in 2019. Strongly considering - great reviews.  So far...

Joe Bonamassa

Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Walter Trout

Samantha Fish (love)

Davy Knowles & more

Great story on Davy Knowles.  My buddy got in touch with him on Facebook and asked if he would consider doing a private gig.  So played in a backyard BBQ in Newport Beach.  Great dude - up and comer.

Broke down and bought Eagles tix when they added a 3rd show in LA.  Still expensive but now great seats side of stage vs same price upper deck.

Arroyo Seco Weekend  is back for year 2.  Pretty serious lineup!  Couldn't decide Day 1 vs Day 2 so going to both.

https://www.arroyosecoweekend.com/

Just grabbed some tickets to see The Frights Monday night in Tucson. I saw them in Phoenix last year and really enjoyed the show. Bad news is it is a Monday night and they are playing in a dump. Should be fun though.

Saw Little Big Town in Reading PA on Friday, really good show.  I've been buying good seats lately and the shows are much more enjoyable to me when I can actually see and relate to the act.  A little more money but well worth it imho. 

Current concert plans:
Steve Earle 
Willie Nelson with Dwight Yoakum
Turnpike Troubadours 
U2 (if I can get tickets)
Metallica
Lord Huron

Last night I saw:

Dirt Friends, Playboy Manbaby, and The Frights

I had never heard Playboy Manbaby but they were awesome live. I suspect they may be better live then on an album. They bring a lot of energy.

The Frights were also fantastic. I was down front with my daughter and her friend and I am not sure if I am just getting to old for the pit or if it was just a random dude out of control. I thought I was going to get into a full on fist fight with a dude. Really got into a #### you shouting match with him. He kept going and hats off to the guitarist of the frights who got his attention and told him to relax. Crowd was very appreciative of that. I certainly felt like I was in the right as the crowd was definitely backing me. I would love to go to a frights show where I could just chill and watch instead of playing bodyguard for me daughter. They are a talented group.

Curious if anyone caught Judas Priest in Wilkes-Barre, PA.  Considering hitting the show in Newark, NJ next week.

Curious if anyone caught Judas Priest in Wilkes-Barre, PA.  Considering hitting the show in Newark, NJ next week.
Some videos out on Youtube and it is looking great!

I'm going to the April 2nd show in Minneapolis.

It will be my 7th time seeing them live..  figure it is probably the last chance to see them live with KK leaving a few years ago and now Glenn out for health reasons..
Getting old sucks :(

Any ways.. The set list released looks :headbang:

Going to Shovels and Rope tonight in a small venue.
Just got home and all I can say is Whoa!

Sound output was mesmerizing and felt like early White Stripes when S&R were playing fully electric. 

Sat in the 7th row center of an old movie theater in Westhampton.

Long Islanders should look at the upcoming schedule for any show at this hall that may intrigue them.  It is a great venue.  Went there for Derek Trucks, Dickie Betts, Johnny Laing and Robert Cray multiple times and a great time overall.  The Record Company was there a few weeks ago.

Acoustically S&R sounded the best but that is the intention of their show IMO.

As you say, depends on act/venue. I mostly go to smaller venue (say 600-3k capacity) shows in Toronto and the majority sell out much more than two weeks in advance of the event.

For arena, stadium, yeah you can usually wait, not tie up your money and sometimes get a better deal.

I'm probably going to see Lorde/Run the Jewels/Mitski on Thursday. It isn't sold out, so I'll just grab some last minute StubHub seats. Any reason to use seatgeek instead? I've used them before (with a promo code) but have generally found StubHub cheaper.

Just got back from Vegas. Massive weekend. 

Chris Stapleton was AWESOME.  One of the best, pure performances I’ve ever seen. When it was just him and his guitar on Whiskey and You it was mind blowing. He jammed up tempo stuff as well.  An all-time talent. Fantastic set! Don’t think I’ll ever miss one of his shows when he comes out West  That good  

Kid Rock has not been getting great reviews on this tour so I had low expectations. Energy wise it was as good as ever. Saturday night in Vegas and the crowd was amped. It was the last show of his tour and it showed. He had no voice. I know nobody goes to a Kid show for great vocals but the last several times I’ve seen him he’s been great. Not this time. Had to stop several songs because he couldn’t hit the notes. Nothing came out. One time he just said “My voice is ####ED”. I think he was partying like it was the last show of the tour, too. Eyes were glazed. Still a fun time but disappointing. 

Some videos out on Youtube and it is looking great!

I'm going to the April 2nd show in Minneapolis.

It will be my 7th time seeing them live..  figure it is probably the last chance to see them live with KK leaving a few years ago and now Glenn out for health reasons..
Getting old sucks :(

Any ways.. The set list released looks :headbang:
OK, well tonight's the night this 50 year old man finds out if he can still :headbang: with the youngsters.. WISH ME LUCK!!

I'm probably going to see Lorde/Run the Jewels/Mitski on Thursday. It isn't sold out, so I'll just grab some last minute StubHub seats. Any reason to use seatgeek instead? I've used them before (with a promo code) but have generally found StubHub cheaper.
I went to this and I get Run the Jewels now.

Lorde is a superstar :wub:  

Just got home and all I can say is Whoa!

Sound output was mesmerizing and felt like early White Stripes when S&R were playing fully electric. 

Sat in the 7th row center of an old movie theater in Westhampton.

Long Islanders should look at the upcoming schedule for any show at this hall that may intrigue them.  It is a great venue.  Went there for Derek Trucks, Dickie Betts, Johnny Laing and Robert Cray multiple times and a great time overall.  The Record Company was there a few weeks ago.

Acoustically S&R sounded the best but that is the intention of their show IMO.
Shovels and Rope are great. Saw them at Hogs for the Cause in NOLA a year ago. Awesome show. 

Users who are viewing this thread