What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (1 Viewer)

Saw the Eagles last week.  Really good show.  It's amazing how much Deacon Frey looks and sounds like his dad.  Joe Walsh can still play, although his status has to be day to day.  They played for 2 1/2 hours.

my oldest son is 13 and one of his favorite bands is Dropkick Murphy.  So now I have 2 tickets to DM at Masonic Temple in Detroit on June 5th.  Never seen them myself and I'm somewhat of a fan so I'm looking forward to it.  Flogging Molly is with them too.

as of now, I have Dropkick, Foo Fighters and Ozzy tickets between now and October.  Looking for some smaller shows....Nathaniel Ratecliff is coming around with Willie Nelson in June that I'm thinking about.  I believe Old Crow Medicine Show is also playing that festival.  I've tried to get tix to every Greta Van Fleet show around here but they sell out in presale in a matter of minutes.  

Eephus said:
The The announced a short tour of big US cities this fall.  It'll be their first American dates in 18 years.
Awesome.  Saw them (him) back in the early 90s with Frank Black and the Cranberries in Philly.  

ETA:  Dang.  Not coming to a city anywhere near me  :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw one of the last shows on the Miranda Lambert 2018 arena winter tour two weeks ago in Newark, NJ.  Decent show, but seriously undersold (arena moved everyone to the lower bowl + floor).  Caught a guest appearance by The Old Ridge Boys (guess they were crusing through Newark that night for some reason) on “Elvira”.

Never got to Judas Priest that same week due to a work conflict.

Next up, Bon Jovi who are having difficulty selling out two nights in NJ.

But we really don’t get started until the shed season kicks off in mid-May.

Saw one of the last shows on the Miranda Lambert 2018 arena winter tour two weeks ago in Newark, NJ.  Decent show, but seriously undersold (arena moved everyone to the lower bowl + floor).  Caught a guest appearance by The Old Ridge Boys (guess they were crusing through Newark that night for some reason) on “Elvira”.

Never got to Judas Priest that same week due to a work conflict.

Next up, Bon Jovi who are having difficulty selling out two nights in NJ.

But we really don’t get started until the shed season kicks off in mid-May.
Oak ridge boys 

2018 update.  Convinced the wife to see Tedeschi Trucks.  Should buy Band of Horses any day. 

Seen:
Umphrey's McGee

Have tickets:
Dead and Co.
Roger Daltrey w/ Dayton Philharmonic
Tedeschi Trucks, Drive By Truckers
Radiohead
Phish

Considering:
Outlaw Music Festival feat. Willie Nelson & Family, Sturgill Simpson, The Head and the Heart, and Old Crow Medicine Show
Lord Huron
Old 97's
Band of Horses
David Byrne

Saw her open for Lady Antebellum.  Very good performer.  Lots of energy. You'll like her
Yea, excellent show.  The venue held maybe 1,500 people and such a small setting really helped her connect with the fans, plus the fact that you're so close.

She's building up an excellent song library, kind of a Taylor Swift lite.  She just hasn't really crossed over yet, but she's only 24.  But like I said, really enjoyable show. 

Not a concert per se, but saw Colin Mocharie and Brad Stevens from Who’s Line in their traveling improv  show. Friggin hilarious. Totally recommend if they come to your area. 

I have Rhett Miller this weekend, Margo Price next, Tedeschi-Trucks with Charlie Parr opening later this spring, Hot Rize in Chicago in May.
Its the middle of freakin April and Margo Price cancelled her show in Milwaukee today because she's can't get out of Minneapolis due to snow.  Hope she comes back soon and plays the same venue, which would have been great.  I also added a Blackberry Smoke show this summer and Lake Street Drive in early fall to the list.

2018 update.  Convinced the wife to see Tedeschi Trucks.  Should buy Band of Horses any day. 

Seen:
Umphrey's McGee

Have tickets:
Dead and Co.
Radiohead
Phish

Considering:
Outlaw Music Festival feat. Willie Nelson & Family, Sturgill Simpson, The Head and the Heart, and Old Crow Medicine Show
Lord Huron
Old 97's
Band of Horses
David Byrne

How are Phish shows these days as far as the scene as well as how much of the show is newer material as opposed to what us that followed them 15 years ago would be into? 

How does the new stuff compare?

If any of you out west have the chance to see the Glam Skanks, I highly recommend doing so.  They rock.   :headbang:

How are Phish shows these days as far as the scene as well as how much of the show is newer material as opposed to what us that followed them 15 years ago would be into? 

Despite being a huge fan since the early 90's, the first time I saw them was last year.  So I can't comment much on the scene.  The show I went to last year, I thought the lot pre-show absolutely sucked.  

They play plenty of older material.  Check out setlists here.

Just saw North Mississippi All Stars at a small venue in Asbury Park. Highly recommend checking them out if you are into blues/roots scene. Blend of covers and their own material with recent covers album being released. 

Luther is one tremendous guitarist.

Seen:
Umphrey's McGee

Have tickets:
Dead and Co.
Radiohead
Phish

Considering:
Lord Huron
Old 97's
Band of Horses
David Byrne

Drive By Truckers still bring it.  Seems like they've brought politics into all their newer songs, but its still The ROCK SHOW! 

I don't think they're coming around Jackson this year unfortunately.  

I've heard a lot of good reviews coming out of the David Byrne shows lately.  I'd catch him if you could.  

We don't get too many good acts around here, but we're catching Panic at Mud Island for 2 nights this summer.  I don't like them as much as I used too, but they're getting old...never know when the last show will be.  

Going to catch Arcade Fire this summer in Birmingham.  I've only seen them once and it was years ago in a small theater in Memphis.  Anyone going to that?  Something called Sloss Fest in Birmingham.  

The new stuff is different from the old stuff.  Nonsensical lyrics aren't really their thing anymore,  I think most like their newer stuff. 

If you liked Phish in the 90's, you'll still have a blast today.   

This summer tour should be great.  They haven't had a full blown tour in a year or so.  Summer was pretty much all in NYC last year.  I'd love to make it to their festival or the ##### run this year, but the dang wife and kids...    

Future shows planned:

Bowling For Soup - April 18

P!nk - May 1

Sum 41 - May 4

Bruno Mars - October 15
P!nk tonight! Looking forward to the show. Thought we were going to get a meet-and-greet before the show but it didn't work out.

Got tickets for The Offspring in September. Last time I saw them was 20 years ago when I was young enough to be in the pit and crowd surf. 

Justin Timberlake tomorrow night in Phoenix.  Mrs. Smails bucket list so taking one for the team.  Should be entertaining and dots are guaranteed.

A bunch of my friends are Deadheads so thinking of seeing Dead and Company at Dodger Stadium in July.  I'm not a big stadium show guy but may go anyway.

P!nk tonight! Looking forward to the show. Thought we were going to get a meet-and-greet before the show but it didn't work out.

Got tickets for The Offspring in September. Last time I saw them was 20 years ago when I was young enough to be in the pit and crowd surf. 
Nice lineup.  Bruno Mars is a great show.  Haven't seen Pink but supposedly great performer live.  Saw the Offspring post races at Del Mar 2 years ago.  They still had tons of energy and sounded awesome though the crowd was a bit rough for me

Since I’m dragging my wife to some shows this summer, I agreed to go see X Ambassadors with her a few weeks ago.  Meh from me, although I do kind of like Renegade.  

Opening act was Son Little, who I thought was pretty good. 

I went to the Merlefest this past weekend, and some of the standouts were Kris Kristofferson, Jamey Johnson, Robert Earl Keen, The Mavericks, Bela Fleck and Abigail Washburn, Buddy Miller, Steep Canyon Rangers w/ Steve Martin, Rhiannon Giddens, The Devil Makes Three, Mandolin Orange, Rodney Crowell, Jerry Douglas with John Medeski, and a fantastic set by Paul Thorn with The Blind Boys of Alabama and The McCrary Sisters. The festival regulars Sam Bush and Jim Lauderdale were good too.

Every Saturday of the Merlefest on the Hillside stage, The Waybacks play a classic rock album in its entirety, and this year it was Full Moon Fever by Tom Petty.

I would love to get to Merlefest some day - always looks like an awesome lineup.

I'm going to see some top shelf Bluegrass on Friday - Hot Rize at the Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago.  One of the premier bluegrass acts of my lifetime and still going strong by all accounts.

I’ve seen hundreds of concerts of all genres and Timberlake was in the all time worst five. That bad. Terrible. Acoustics in Phoenix sucked but it didn’t matter. Man of the Woods might be the worst idea/concept ever. What JT fans want to see him dressed like he’s starring in Bonanza sitting around a campfire? So many boring stretches. And he hardly sung. Even good songs he’d sing 5 words and let the audience or his 20 member band sing for him. All I heard was 2 hours of noise. People yawning. Don’t waste your money. 

Got tix to see Billy Joel at MSG in December.  The wife is a huge fan and we saw his stadium tour a couple of years ago so looking forward to seeing him in a somewhat smaller, indoor venue.  Got good not great tix but any chance to spend some time in NYC is a win in my book. 

It's been a light couple months for me. Sloan coming up on May 17 and Bonnaroo 5 weeks today.

Anyone jump on any of the LiveNation $20 concerts? I want to go to Portugal the Man/Broken Social Scene but so far no takers to go with me.

simey said:
Every Saturday of the Merlefest on the Hillside stage, The Waybacks play a classic rock album in its entirety, and this year it was Full Moon Fever by Tom Petty.
This year the Bonnaroo Superjam is a Tom Petty tribute led by two of the guys from My Morning Jacket and I am very excited.

I’ve seen hundreds of concerts of all genres and Timberlake was in the all time worst five. That bad. Terrible. Acoustics in Phoenix sucked but it didn’t matter. Man of the Woods might be the worst idea/concept ever. What JT fans want to see him dressed like he’s starring in Bonanza sitting around a campfire? So many boring stretches. And he hardly sung. Even good songs he’d sing 5 words and let the audience or his 20 member band sing for him. All I heard was 2 hours of noise. People yawning. Don’t waste your money. 
Funny you say this.

I thought of checking him out figuring he would be a great show. I'm not a fan per se but I think the dude is super talented but after watching the superbowl show I was soooooooo disappointed. 

I didnt bother to look into any shows after seeing that.

I thought maybe the setlist for the SB was just poor but heard bad things

Todd Rundgren’s Utopia last night at the Fillmore in Detroit. Excellent excellent  show. They played only from the Utopia catalog, nothing from the solo years, which was very cool.

Anyone seen Hairball?  I'm having a hard time figuring out if they lean more towards the harder rock side of hair metal, or the schlocky side?

Upcoming

The Revivalists - bought these tickets on a whim, and *then* listened to the latest record. Wow, I really dig it.

Portugal the Man - seems like it will be fun show

Charlie Puth & Hailee Steinfeld - Daughter's first concert :bag:

Saw Human League and Book of Love last Saturday night in Vegas.  Book of Love still stinks and Human League was awesome.  

Next up in a few weeks, Peter Hook and the Light performing Joy Division and New Order’s entire Substance albums.  Really looking forward to this show.

I got tickets for Justin Townes Earl next month in Phoenix. He is playing at the music instrument museum. https://mim.org/

I am pretty stoked to spend the day as I have heard great things about this museum. My understanding is the acoustics are really good here as well. I believe it holds about 300 people. I'm a big fan and I hope to get a better show then when I saw him play a dump in Tucson.

Dirks Bentley at Meriweather Post last night.  Dirks spent a lot of time running through the crowd and was high energy the entire show.

He sounded great and the show was awesome. 

Was happy to see depeche mode doing another NA leg.

6/3 in philly looks good. 

Told my wife im taking my 12 year old daughter again.

She almost knocked the chandelier off the ceiling with her eye roll

Users who are viewing this thread