What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (4 Viewers)

I've heard.  I am going to try to get to the lot by 4:00 and go into the venue by 6:00.  

Will that work?
That's as good a plan as any.  You should get in easier that way.   There's a bit of a catch 22 with parking.  If you park closer to the gates, it's nice on the way in, but you will pay your dues trying to leave.  If you park further away, you may get out easier, but you could have over a mile walk to and from your car for some of those outer grass lots.  I probably won't get there until later...around 6 or so.  I wanted to get there earlier, but need to wait on one buddy to get home from work and another friend driving up from Kentucky probably won't get here until about 4 PM.   Anyway, it looks like the weather will be dry and this current heat wave will have moved out.  Should be a great night.

That's as good a plan as any.  You should get in easier that way.   There's a bit of a catch 22 with parking.  If you park closer to the gates, it's nice on the way in, but you will pay your dues trying to leave.  If you park further away, you may get out easier, but you could have over a mile walk to and from your car for some of those outer grass lots.  I probably won't get there until later...around 6 or so.  I wanted to get there earlier, but need to wait on one buddy to get home from work and another friend driving up from Kentucky probably won't get here until about 4 PM.   Anyway, it looks like the weather will be dry and this current heat wave will have moved out.  Should be a great night.
Do you know about the 2nd entrance off Northampton?  I'll jinx it, but even for sold out shows, we have never had issues getting in that way.

Do you know about the 2nd entrance off Northampton?  I'll jinx it, but even for sold out shows, we have never had issues getting in that way.
Yes, I do know.  Can be better, but I have still gotten backed up there in the past.  I am actually planning on using it.

Is that a secret?  Looks like roads coming from both Northampton and Akron Peninsula.  We are staying in Stow and Google is saying to come in on Steels Corners from the east side, passing Northampton.

Is that a secret?  Looks like roads coming from both Northampton and Akron Peninsula.  We are staying in Stow and Google is saying to come in on Steels Corners from the east side, passing Northampton.
From that direction you'd have to go up to 303 into Peninsula then take Akron-Peninsula south to Northampton. Steels Corners is the one that can be the problem. But if you're going at 4 then you're probably fine. 

But yeah it's a secret for non locals. No signs take you that direction. Back country roads in the hills and the woods.

From that direction you'd have to go up to 303 into Peninsula then take Akron-Peninsula south to Northampton. Steels Corners is the one that can be the problem. But if you're going at 4 then you're probably fine. 

But yeah it's a secret for non locals. No signs take you that direction. Back country roads in the hills and the woods.
Can you show me on a map?  The only road I see going in is Steels Corners

By the time you get to Northhampton coming from the east on Steels Corners you are basically already there.  No real advantage at that point.  303 to Peninsula is too far out of the way from Stow, IMO to have any value.  As MAC said, you'll be fine at 4 PM.  I wouldn't worry about alternate entrances.

ETA...The 303-Peninsula-Northhampton route makes more sense if coming from the north

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much not to like about the Citi Field setlists over the weekend. I took a peek on Youtube. Some good stuff. Bob should sing less, however.
:shrug:   I haven't listened to their Citi Field performances, but I would be fine with the setlist from either of those shows.

My youngest kids age 13 and 15 have become giant Beatles fans over the last year or so. I am not sure but I think the Beatles rock band game started but these kids are super into their music and the whole Beatles story. They both hate Yoko, lol.

Anyway I just scored some fourth row tickets to see the Beatles tribute band The Fab Four in January. I am super stoked, the kids are gonna love it. 

http://thefabfour.com/

this weekend - Arroyo Seco Fest outside the Rose Bowl.  

Neil Young, Jack White, Pretenders, Shakey Graves, Margo Price, Kings of Leon, Robert Plant, Gary Clark Jr. Alanis Morrisette, Third Eye Blind, Violent Femmes, Bangles, North Mississippi All Stars, Los Lobos and a lot more.  Should be epic

Took the girlfriend to see Maroon 5 last weekend in Tampa, and we're going to see Hall & Oats and Train this Friday.

My youngest kids age 13 and 15 have become giant Beatles fans over the last year or so. I am not sure but I think the Beatles rock band game started but these kids are super into their music and the whole Beatles story. They both hate Yoko, lol.

Anyway I just scored some fourth row tickets to see the Beatles tribute band The Fab Four in January. I am super stoked, the kids are gonna love it. 

http://thefabfour.com/
The guy that plays George is the best I’ve seen in a tribute band.

I’ve seen many Beatles tribute/covers, but probably the best cover band/tribute band I’ve ever seen is the Fab Faux. if you ever have the chance and they are in your area you have to see them. Band is led by Will Lee of the Paul Schaefer Band and Jimmy Vivano of the Conan OBrien Band. Their whole thing is replicating the band’s exact sound, especially the later studio years. They always focus on one specific album during their shows and mix in all kinds of other stuff as well. Always a 2.5 to 3 hour show here in Michigan every year. This year was Sgt. Peppers and Jimmy actually did play a sitar on Within You Without You. 

www.thefabfaux.com

enjoy!

Not much not to like about the Citi Field setlists over the weekend. I took a peek on Youtube. Some good stuff. Bob should sing less, however.
I like his singing on his songs and some covers, but not the Jerry stuff. His singing on Stella Blue is dreadful, a crime which is harder to get past for me than the frequent slow tempo issues he is responsible for. Love Bob, but those two things keep me from wanting to see this band enough to go.

I like his singing on his songs and some covers, but not the Jerry stuff. His singing on Stella Blue is dreadful, a crime which is harder to get past for me than the frequent slow tempo issues he is responsible for. Love Bob, but those two things keep me from wanting to see this band enough to go.
Yep. Exactly why I don't go. Bob, please don't sing Peggy O. And never mind that Bob looks angry all the time. 

I've heard people complain about this on some of the hosted call-in sessions on the Sirius GD channel but the hosts are pretty diehard and not the most objective people. 

@Galileo PM me a picture so I know to look for you tomorrow.  @Bobcat10 are you going?
:thumbdown:  Unfortunately, no.  I'll regret, but commitments that D&C can't trump.  I'd fight to the death for PJ, MMJ or Phish though. 

Have a great time!  I did snag Jim James solo acoustic tickets yesterday for November!   :D

this weekend - Arroyo Seco Fest outside the Rose Bowl.  

Neil Young, Jack White, Pretenders, Shakey Graves, Margo Price, Kings of Leon, Robert Plant, Gary Clark Jr. Alanis Morrisette, Third Eye Blind, Violent Femmes, Bangles, North Mississippi All Stars, Los Lobos and a lot more.  Should be epic
Third Eye Blind?

Pixies/Weezer show was awesome last night.  The Wombats were pretty good too.  Hot af, but that’s Florida for you.  Upcoming for me:

1. Erasure

2. David Byrne

3. Simple Minds

4. Ed Sheeran (against my will)

Some takes from Arroyoseco weekend 

1) Robert Plant killed Zep stuff but his own music is all over the place 

2) Chrissie Hynde is a baddass at 66. Pretenders were awesome 

3) Fantastic Negrito was the find of the festival. I’ll see this dude anywhere. Saw he’s playing at Antoine’s in San Antonio soon. I’d kill to see him at that venue. Phenomenal performer. 

4) Third Eye Blind is in fact very fun to see live. Crowd ate it up 

5) Kings of Leon were solid  Just not my favorite music

6) Prince’s band, Revolution, was great  

7) The Specials were anything but  Worst lead singer ever

8) Violent Femmes sounded like a bad version of the B52’s  Couple hits but bad

9) Los Lobos - huge, huge fan of these guys  Great

10) Gary Clark Jr - love him but thought he could have played louder. Might have been the mix.  I've seen him several times including opening for Eric Clapton and he was brilliant.  Off day I guess.

11) Neil Young - first time seeing him  Mad respect  What a musician  Every song was  a 15 minute jam. Don’t know why I haven’t seen him before  Very good 

Also Jack White was interesting. Love the unique sound and his guitar playing but couldn’t make out a single lyric. Still the energy was great 

Bangles were ok. Didn’t see Alannis Morrisette or Gomez

11) Neil Young - first time seeing him  Mad respect  What a musician  Every song was  a 15 minute jam. Don’t know why I haven’t seen him before  Very good 
Saw him with CSN&Y about 20 years ago.  He & Stills would go off on similar back-and-forth guitar jams.  Never knew Stills was that good.  Not sure if they ever tour together anymore, but worth seeing them if they do IMHO.

10) Gary Clark Jr - love him but thought he could have played loude. Might have been the mix 
I saw him a couple years and was really underwhelmed. His set was low key and he just didn’t seem into it at all. The opening act - Black Pistol Fire - blew him out of the water. Maybe he was under the weather, but very disappointed with his show. 

7) The Specials were anything but  Worst lead singer ever

8) Violent Femmes sounded like a bad version of the B52’s  Couple hits but bad
Bummer about both of these.  The Specials more so as I am a big fan.  Not a fan of the Femmes, but wanted to go see Echo and the Bunnymen with them in Orlando.  I think I am going to pass.

Imagine Dragons tomorrow at Jiffy Lube Live.  I've read so many horror stories about getting out of that place that I think it may ruin the concert for me.

Imagine Dragons, great show!  After going to so many country acts it was good to see a rock show with such a percussive element.  They played for about an hour and a half in what had to be > 100 degrees on stage since it was at least 90 in the pavilion.  Great energy, showmanship, and musicianship.

Highly recommended.

If I can score a good price, I'll be going to see the Foo Fighters on Friday. 

Oh and parking was as bad as advertised.  We parked a mile away and walked in no problem but past just a straight traffic jam on the way in and out.

Saw Roger Daltrey last night.  Thought it was ok.  He had a band backed by the local orchestra.  I thought the guitars were too high in the mix, hard to hear the other instruments.  They did Tommy then a few other songs.  During Baba O’ Riley a violinist was doing the crescendo part at the end.  Should have been the highlight of the show but the mic kept going in and out. 

Going to some local fireworks thing tonight.  Five for Fighting and The Fray are  playing.  Don’t really know anything about them but my wife is excited. 

Users who are viewing this thread