What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (4 Viewers)

Just bought tickets to Tedeschi Trucks Wheels of Soul 2019 edition at Red Rocks two night July 26 and 27th.(will be my 11th and 12th time to see them there). Joining TTB will be Blackberry Smoke and Shovels and Rope. Kinda missing some "soul" IMO. But it's Red Rocks and it's always the show of the summer. John Prine is playing with the symphony on Sunday at RR - so hopefully he'll drop in for a song. MMJ play the next weekend - I wish it was closer to this show and we could get an awesome mashup going  

Whoa whoa whoa Tedeschi Trucks at Red Rocks is on my bucket list 
Presale code is TRUCKS - https://www.axs.com/events/366534/tedeschi-trucks-band-tickets .  You can get one day tickets or 2 day tickets.

You might want to look at a seating chart - seats in the 20-65 # range are more in the middle in the down low rows. # of seats in a row expands as you go higher.  Yesterday I was still seeing some decent VIP tickets in the first 10 rows still around.

You can go Gen Admission and get in line early and pick a spot between row 10 and 26 - just need to get there early.

And tickets  around rows 26-35 are not bad - sound is great and the overall view is nicer if you want to see the city lights.

more floppinho shows coming up...

his first actual school performance is on friday morning (just the 14 kids in his grade). we've recently found out that some of these kids are already touring europe and asia playing (piano and violin), so I have a feeling dis gonna be good. it's all individual performances, not ensemble. the school focuses on individual- lessons and performing- ensemble stuff is extracurricular, other than chorus... and we have his first chorus performance friday night. 
hfs.

I played piano until I graduated HS... was in my HS orchestra, did smaller regional competitions- was serious, but not overly so (practiced 1hr/day, not 4 like my teacher wanted).

these 11yos are so far beyond what I was doing and capable of doing as an 18yo, it's insane... and that's just on piano (lots of chopin etudes). there were 5 pianos, 5 violins, 1 flute, 1 clarinet, 1viola and floppinho on percussion (scared the #### out of his classmates and parents with the first couple hits- they're not used to hearing something that loud). there was a tiny little girl who wandered out to play violin... so small I felt immediately protective of her in case she messed up. ended up being a virtuoso superstar. I can't believe my kid knows these kids, let alone goes to school with them... compltetly  blow away.

Saw Cloud Nothings over the weekend. And while they put on a good show, I really do hate the 'here's our new album' and the band belts it our track by track to open the show shtick. Luckily, I had given it a few listens and like it, but really think a concert loses something when a band does that. Majority of the people there probably weren't up to speed on the new album and you could see a distinct positive change in the mood of the room once it was done and they started playing things everyone is more familiar with.

Saw Lauren Alaina, Dustin Lynch and Cole Swindell last week (for the daughter's Xmas present). I wasn't expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised. Lauren Alaina is really good. Great energy and that girl has some serious pipes. Dustin has some great songs and performs well. I was probably least impressed by Cole (the headliner), but overall still better than I expected. And they performed a few numbers all together that were solid. 

Really looking forward to Luke Combs in February and Strait/Stapleton again in March. 

As mentioned above went to Anders Osborne Christmas shows this weekend at Tips.

Here is encore from Friday - a smoking "Isis" straight out of the Rolling Thunder Revue.

Gina Forsyth and Theresa Anderson on fiddles. Joan Osborne on vocals.

https://youtu.be/d7gfOb3TSXA

As mentioned above went to Anders Osborne Christmas shows this weekend at Tips.

Here is encore from Friday - a smoking "Isis" straight out of the Rolling Thunder Revue.

Gina Forsyth and Theresa Anderson on fiddles. Joan Osborne on vocals.

https://youtu.be/d7gfOb3TSXA
Theresa Anderson was so incredibly hot back in the day.  I remember seeing Anders back in the '90's at Jazz Fest and would just stare at her.  She's now almost 50 and still doing well as far as I can tell.  Its good to see Anders is all cleaned up an still making great music.  The last time I saw him, he had to pull out his reader glasses to read lyrics he had on a tablet mounted to his mic stand - still an awesome show, just wildly different from his dreadlock days.

CletiusMaximus said:
Theresa Anderson was so incredibly hot back in the day.  I remember seeing Anders back in the '90's at Jazz Fest and would just stare at her.  She's now almost 50 and still doing well as far as I can tell.  Its good to see Anders is all cleaned up an still making great music.  The last time I saw him, he had to pull out his reader glasses to read lyrics he had on a tablet mounted to his mic stand - still an awesome show, just wildly different from his dreadlock days.
Survey says:  YES

Saw Steven Wilson a couple weeks ago and was the show of my life, a religious experience actually. Already have tickets for Hotel California in January, Between the Buried and Me with Tesseract in February, Dream Theater in April, Walk Off The Earth in May and Queen in August.

There was a special show for Anders Foundation "Send Me a Friend" - which everyone should check out BTW it's about helping musicians stay clean on the road - at the Maple Leaf on Sunday. Theresa was there and I stopped to say hello - and she is fantastic looking. Better than the picture above - here are some from the 2 night stand - https://relix.com/blogs/detail/anders-osborne-2018-holiday-spectacular-in-new-orleans-a-gallery/?fbclid=IwAR0sgPC7VNHuAEhSYnsenPHIds9shV-2vbhQkZiHnCmpaDiNVk-QkKhj81Q

Sunday afternoon she was looking great.

Need to find a video of the crew from Friday night doing Lafayette - Theresa and Gina went to town on fiddle and it just kept going and going - like you were doing the drive to Lafayette.

The Maple Leaf shows on Sunday were fantastic - Had Billy Iuso(killed it on Spanish Moon) and Brad Walker - then invited in Chief Monk Beaudroux and Chief Juan Pardo for a full on funky Indian get down - Shallow Water, Liza Jane, Gumbo - it was a true joy.

Anders still uses the readers and the tablet(I don't find it a distraction or negative) - the guy has probably been Americas most active songwriter in the last 4-5 years. He's putting out nearly 2 albums a year. He has a huge amount of songs in the back catalog and he has been working in a bunch of Dead groupings(Phil Lesh mainly) and other bands where he has a ton of covers in his head I'm sure. 

Extremely and criminally underrated as a performer and songwriter in my opinion. 

Caught the Gin Blossoms last night at our local venue.  Lots of hits that the whole crowd knew.  I love it when an older act doesn't mail it in.  They looked (all in great shape and looked like musicians who have a lot of time to hit the gym.  Sort of the anti Vince Neil) and sounded great.  Robin is going to tour as the lead vocalist for the Smithereens in 2018.  Fun night out.

Caught the Gin Blossoms last night at our local venue.  Lots of hits that the whole crowd knew.  I love it when an older act doesn't mail it in.  They looked (all in great shape and looked like musicians who have a lot of time to hit the gym.  Sort of the anti Vince Neil) and sounded great.  Robin is going to tour as the lead vocalist for the Smithereens in 2018.  Fun night out.
omg.  One of my favorite bands as a kid.

Holy crap the Gin Blossoms are coming to Baltimore in February!   Just bought tix.

Thanks Judge!

Last edited by a moderator:
Driving right now over to Macon.GA. Devon Allman, Duane Betts, Berry Oakley Jr. And other special guests. Maybe Duane's dad makes an appearance. Might get Chuck Leavell and Jimmy Hall in a Capricorn Reunion. Would be cool if Derek was driving up from Jacksonville with his wife.

Picked up tix to see Blackberry Smoke at the Fonda in LA in a few weeks.  Been waiting for them to come to So Cal.  Want to see this show for sure as I still haven't found a way to get to the Blackberry Smoke/Tedeschi Trucks Band tour this summer.  Red Rocks - I have a dream...

Seeing Eric Johnson play Ah Via Musicom front to back at the end of the month. 

Also taking our daughter and her friend to see Ariana Grande in April 😯

heading to see Candlebox on 2/16.  checked out their setlist from their latest sets and count like 8 songs from their 1st album  :thumbup:

also a good chance I see Flogging Molly on 3/8

I'm getting a little old for this game so I mainly look for weekend shows, which both of these two are.  Tuesday night shows are getting harder and harder to pull off

Saw Idles on Monday night and was just blown away. Never had heard of them before this week until a friend invited me out. British working-class kind of punk that sounded great and has lyrics that covers a broad range of topics and emotions. Loved some of the messages in them  - "If someone talked to you the way you talk to you, I'd put their teeth through - Love yourself!" Don't get me wrong - there is definitely some of the dark stuff in there - but some positive stuff to balance it out as well.

These guys are fantastic live, especially in a small venue. The frontman is really intense and brings it.  Highly recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CzNOD7ukMA&index=3&list=RDVODKZxsRa_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuQG6_evFc8&list=RDVODKZxsRa_E&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWM6jyQ0JFs (wait for it)

Looks like a few dates left on their West Coast tour -

10/5 Portland

10/6 Seattle

10/8 - SF

10/10 LA

10/12 - Perris, CA "Desert Daze"
I reacted to your idles post in the 2018 music thread... but really jealous you got to see them live. I'm a big fan, but have only seen them live on youtube. and it's interesting- I've watched a few of their shows at festivals, where its clear most of the people in the audience don't really know them.... start off disinterested, and very quickly get sucked in by the show and music- and by the end are rocking out with the band... a lot like it sounds like happened with you. the singer is hit or miss for a lot of people- but I love his approach and on-stage presence. also really dig the two guitarists who combine to create sounds I'm not used to hearing- and always working off each other. I'm not a big fan of the rhythm section's stage presence... but they don't detract.

they've been dealing with 'toxic-masculinity', immigration, equality, and generally positive stuff for the last two records (which are my favorite records of each year). their last record was written after the death of lead singer's mom, and it's got some thumpers on it. on this record even wrote a song about the still-birth death of the lead singer's baby (which I can't listen to... brutal... and they've said they'll never perform)... but mostly stick with the other, more positive stuff... including the message of the century- never fight a man with a perm.

just got a pre-sale info through spotify for their return trip to the states in may or june... I'm going to get tickets fo sho.
just got my tickets for May in brooklyn. :pickle:

just got my tickets for May in brooklyn. :pickle:
You'll love it. I had the benefit of seeing them in a tiny venue - maybe a couple hundred could fit in the place. 

The lead singer is intense.

ETA - looks like they're skipping CO this year. :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll love it. I had the benefit of seeing them in a tiny venue - maybe a couple hundred could fit in the place. 

The lead singer is intense.

ETA - looks like they're skipping CO this year. :kicksrock:
I wanted to see them in a tiny spot last year but was the one night the wife had made other plans for us. I think this will be a bigger, but not big venue. Turns out fontaines DC, an Irish band, is opening for them -also is one of my favorite albums of the year. Pretty psyched.

Had never seen Elton John before and if nothing else had to check this box before he hangs it up.  I've always liked his older stuff, especially Tumbleweed Connection but all his albums through Fantastic Cowboy are great.

Went Friday night and walked away really impressed.  I went in thinking I'd see a nostalgia act way past his prime but it would be fun regardless.  He might be older than his prime, he may remind me of an old lady at times when I see him interviewed but on stage, he's still has it.  His band was on point as well.  

Wasn't sure going in what song would be the highlight and he certainly went through many of the hits in the catalog.  Everything was well played but Levon was the jam of the night.  They really got the energy up for that one, which was sort of surprising for me, wouldn't have expected Levon to be the one I liked the best.

I'd say if anyone is thinking of seeing him, don't think any more about it, just pay the price, it will be worth it.

Had never seen Elton John before and if nothing else had to check this box before he hangs it up.  I've always liked his older stuff, especially Tumbleweed Connection but all his albums through Fantastic Cowboy are great.

Went Friday night and walked away really impressed.  I went in thinking I'd see a nostalgia act way past his prime but it would be fun regardless.  He might be older than his prime, he may remind me of an old lady at times when I see him interviewed but on stage, he's still has it.  His band was on point as well.  

Wasn't sure going in what song would be the highlight and he certainly went through many of the hits in the catalog.  Everything was well played but Levon was the jam of the night.  They really got the energy up for that one, which was sort of surprising for me, wouldn't have expected Levon to be the one I liked the best.

I'd say if anyone is thinking of seeing him, don't think any more about it, just pay the price, it will be worth it.
I just posted about Levon in the other thread.  We were all stunned how awesome that song was.

Going to see him in March and was expecting the worst and hoping for the best.  Now you guys have me optimistic. 

hoping to get tickets for the Rock and Roll hall of fame induction in Brooklyn, but I have a feeling I'll get screwed (all tickets going to bots, or for free to rich or famous people). for the wife. radiohead, the cure, stevie nicks... should be fun.

Saw the Fab Four on Saturday night. My two kids 13 and 16 are giant Beatles fans and they loved it. We had really nice seats for it as well. I enjoyed it but I think I had more fun peaking over at my kids and watching the joy on their faces. Was a good time. If you like the Beatles this show is pretty good.

Not technically right for this thread, but just went to a local theater for a showing of Stop Making Sense.

Such a brilliant show. The energy is amazing throughout and David Byrne is incredible. The music is great but its also such a visual spectacle.

Is it the best concert movie of all time?

Saw Santana Saturday night before the SuperBowl party in Vegas.  PHENOMENAL show.  $99 GA is the ticket.  Just go stand back at the bar.  Perfect view 40 feet from the stage at the House of Blues.  His wife just kicks ### on the drums.  So, so glad I saw him and already have tickets for his show with at the Hollywood Bowl this summer.

Judge Smails said:
Saw Santana Saturday night before the SuperBowl party in Vegas.  PHENOMENAL show.  $99 GA is the ticket.  Just go stand back at the bar.  Perfect view 40 feet from the stage at the House of Blues.  His wife just kicks ### on the drums.  So, so glad I saw him and already have tickets for his show with at the Hollywood Bowl this summer.
Santana concert was my first date with my current wife some 25 years ago or so. I remember it being a great show but it got a little weird when he started talking about angels and what not.

Seeing Eric Johnson play Ah Via Musicom front to back at the end of the month. 

Also taking our daughter and her friend to see Ariana Grande in April 😯
Johnson was awesome - just a great show. Did a set of random songs and then played Ah Via Musicom start to finish. Wonderful. 

Grande cancelled her show here. Ha. 

Just bought tickets to see Chris Stapleton in July. Will also get tickets to Shovels And Ropes/Frank Turner in May. 

Thanks to your heads up, I saw the Gin Blossoms on Friday here at Baltimore in a local venue.  Great show, took me back a bit.

In a month I'm seeing Elton John, Kelly Clarkson, and Kelsie Ballerini. 

Users who are viewing this thread