What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (6 Viewers)

Went to 2 of the 4 Wilco hometown "Winterlude" shows. Robyn Hitchcock opened up Sunday night and came on for encores with the band of Tomorrow Never Knows and the Soft Boys song, I Wanna Destroy You. 

Last night Sharon Van Etten opened and came out with other background singers to end the show with Lennon's Happy Xmas (War is Over). I think tonights final show is being broadcast on WXRT, and I bet they play that again. It was really good.

edit: I found a link of Happy Xmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkQicGKhHPQ

Last edited by a moderator:
With the year ending, thought I'd recap the bands I saw in concert in 2019:

The Who

The Cure

The Pixies

The Deftones

Judas Priest

REO Speedwagon

Blues Traveler

Black Flag (with one original member)

Pink

Noel Gallagher

80s concert with: Flock of Seagulls, Dramarama, Wang Chung, Missing Persons, The Vapors, When in Rome, Bow Wow Wow, The Tubes, The Escape Club, Real Life

Obviously my favorite was The Who. Daltry and Townshend still got it, and they look great for about 75. They played with an orchestra at the Hollywood Bowl, and the violinist killed it at the end of Baba. She was sexy too. Ringo Starr's son played the drums. Noel Gallagher opened.

The '80s concert was the most fun. You might have to look up some of these bands, as I did, but when you do you'll recognize at least one song from each. Each band only played 2-3 songs, so basically at least every other song was a hit.

I went to Pink just because a friend wanted to go and it was near my place, but her swinging all around Staples Center while singing So What was the most incredible thing I've ever seen in concert.

New Order coming up for me in Miami on the 18th. Last time I saw them was in the summer of 89 with PIL and the Sugarcubes. It’s been a while. 
Ooooh.....My wife and I were driving in downtown Miami yesterday and had SiriusXM on and Blue Monday came on. I told my wife that I played the #### out of Substance back in the late 80's when it came out.. I was living in London at the time and was really into them. Brings back some good memories....

Ooooh.....My wife and I were driving in downtown Miami yesterday and had SiriusXM on and Blue Monday came on. I told my wife that I played the #### out of Substance back in the late 80's when it came out.. I was living in London at the time and was really into them. Brings back some good memories....
They’re doing 4 nights at the Fillmore. I am going on the last night.

Listened to Substance recently, myself. Contender for best of decade for sure.

I saw them in '89(?) with Sugarcubes and PiL. I remember them being good but wonder what they're like live now.

Listened to Substance recently, myself. Contender for best of decade for sure.

I saw them in '89(?) with Sugarcubes and PiL. I remember them being good but wonder what they're like live now.
I’ll let you know in a few weeks 
Mrs. Eephus has seen New Order and Peter Hook's new band in recent years.  She says Hooky puts on a better show.

The New Order Decades documentary currently airing on Showtime is terrific. It offers a glimpse of what they’re like live these days. 

This summer will be a :headbang: blast.. Just bought tickets for Crue, Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett on  Saturday, June 27th, then Ozzy on Friday, July 3rd..

Not sure how my 52 year old ears and neck are going to survive, but it will be worth it!!!
#### yeah !!!!!!!

Sucks to be you.  They absolutely kill.  No goofy lasers and ####. No stupid, buzz killing banter between songs.  Great mix of old and new,

Just 4 musicians putting on a vicious live show.
i had heard good things about the pixies and considered going to see them once.

but, there is one stupid, mega whiney song that get overplayed around here, and when i found out it was them my mind was shut.

every hear a band that has one song sooo bad you just run away.

Here's my end-of-year list of concerts that I went to in 2019: 

My Morning Jacket
Sharon Van Etten
Gary Clark Jr.
The Growlers
John Prine
Josh Ritter, St. Paul & the Broken Bones
Lennon Claypool Delirium
Phantogram 
Built to Spill
Brandi Carlisle 
Lord Huron, Lucius 
Milk Carton Kids 
Atmosphere, De La Soul
Nappy Roots
JID, Saba, Mereba
Goodie Mob
Flatbush Zombies, Underachievers, Joey Badass
Method Man & Redman
Logic, JID
Earl Sweatshirt
Vince Staples 
Prof
Spose
Injury Reserve 
Earthgang
Wu-Tang Clan, Jedi Mind Tricks, Immortal Technique
Danny Brown
Schoolboy Q
Freddie Gibbs, Cousin Stizz, Conway the Machine

My Morning Jacket
Sharon Van Etten
Gary Clark Jr.
The Growlers
John Prine
Lennon Claypool Delirium
Phantogram 
Built to Spill
Brandi Carlisle 
Lord Huron, Lucius 
Milk Carton Kids 
Atmosphere, De La Soul
Nappy Roots
JID, Saba, Mereba
Goodie Mob
Method Man & Redman
Logic, JID
Earl Sweatshirt
Vince Staples 
Prof
Spose
Injury Reserve 
Earthgang
Danny Brown
Schoolboy Q
cool.  you went to a lot of concerts.  Here's my list of what I went to:

Rolling Stones 

This summer will be a :headbang: blast.. Just bought tickets for Crue, Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett on  Saturday, June 27th, then Ozzy on Friday, July 3rd..

Not sure how my 52 year old ears and neck are going to survive, but it will be worth it!!!
Same way my 52 year old ears will survive - 2/3 days of pain after the show.

Bought the same tickets yesterday - Crue, Lepard, Poison & Jett @ Citifield Aug 23rd.

:headbang:

Same way my 52 year old ears will survive - 2/3 days of pain after the show.

Bought the same tickets yesterday - Crue, Lepard, Poison & Jett @ Citifield Aug 23rd.

:headbang:
WIth our luck, our ears will be recovered from the Saturday Concert and then a couple days later Ozzy will destroy them again :lol:   

My Morning Jacket
Sharon Van Etten
Gary Clark Jr.
The Growlers
John Prine
Lennon Claypool Delirium
Phantogram 
Built to Spill
Brandi Carlisle 
Lord Huron, Lucius 
Milk Carton Kids 
Atmosphere, De La Soul
Nappy Roots
JID, Saba, Mereba
Goodie Mob
Method Man & Redman
Logic, JID
Earl Sweatshirt
Vince Staples 
Prof
Spose
Injury Reserve 
Earthgang
Danny Brown
Schoolboy Q
Wow, do you work? 

I’m vowing to hit more shows this year 

I finally figured out timing to get tix to a monthly Billy Joel show at the Garden. Wife's complaining finally wore me down to get them.

Hate dragging into the city to see concerts these days. I would rather see them in Atlantic city. 

Here you go, @Nigel. Night 4 (and final night) of New Order‘s residency at the Fillmore was amazing with this exception.

I bought these tix last June and had a big issue getting in. All the ticket brokers sold this show out immediately so I had no choice but to buy them 3rd party which in this case was StubHub. Tix get sent (electronically) to me a week ago and I show up in South Beach Saturday night to a huge line for general admission. We get the tix codes scanned and are rejected. Wtf? Box office can’t help since they’re 3rd party so I call StubHub. Customer service hooks me up and gives me 2 other tix Immediately and we get inside without issue. These tix were not cheap and many thanks to StubHub for making it right. I’ve been waiting to see them live again for 30 years. I waited in a huge line for merch and bought 3 shirts including a replacement Love Will Tear Us Apart shirt I have that is roughly 26 years old. 

New Order played a lot of older songs with newer songs mixed in. They played 3 Joy Division songs (1 early on and 2 as the finale). They sounded terrific. Since I’ve been in FL I’ve never been in a crowd with so many die hard fans and it felt great. 

They played Your Silent Face which is one of my favorite songs (Subculture too). Wished they could have played Touched by the Hand of God like they did earlier in the week as well and maybe 1 or 2 more Joy Division songs, but I’m not complaining.  Great video accompanied every song.  Here is the setlist from Saturday night. The other 3 nights are available too. 

@Eephus, I would say New Order played all their songs great, but Peter Hook and the Light definitely does Joy Division songs better and New Order songs not as good. If I have the opportunity to see either band again, I won’t hesitate. They are my favorite bands for sure. 

Saw the Hootin Hallers last night at The Dead South concert. I really liked them reminded me of George Thorogood. If you get a chance to see them take it they rocked the House of Blues.

Just bought tickets for Howard Jones in March on an acoustic/storytelling tour. Should be interesting.

Seeing Colin Hay in May

Bought tickets for Hall and Oates with Squeeze and KT Tunstall in August. I saw both opening acts last Labor Day in Milwaukee. Mrs. O loves Hall and Oates so it was a no brainer.

KFMA days announced the rest of their acts.

GodSmack- I really like their music, this is why I bought the tickets

Bad Wolves- I know the cover of Zombie but thats it, I think?

Rival Sons- I have no idea who this is

Saint Asonia- I have no idea who this is

Reading comments on social media and it is all over the place. Some folks super excited and others meh and saying this is a bad lineup. I got a deal on the VIP tickets ( actually they ended up being free) I am excited for it. I like seeing new stuff, I got the good tickets and worse case scenario I have great seats for GodSmack.

KFMA days announced the rest of their acts.

GodSmack- I really like their music, this is why I bought the tickets

Bad Wolves- I know the cover of Zombie but thats it, I think?

Rival Sons- I have no idea who this is

Saint Asonia- I have no idea who this is

Reading comments on social media and it is all over the place. Some folks super excited and others meh and saying this is a bad lineup. I got a deal on the VIP tickets ( actually they ended up being free) I am excited for it. I like seeing new stuff, I got the good tickets and worse case scenario I have great seats for GodSmack.
Saint Asonia is the new band of the previous singer of Three Days Grace. Music is meh, but they are decent live.

Haven't seen Rival Sons yet, I'm sure I will cross paths with them on some festival this summer.

I don't know all their stuff but what I have heard of rival sons I've really liked, from oldest to newer songs, check out

Pressure and Time

Electric Man

Open my Eyes

Do Your Worst

They have toured with some pretty big bands like, black Sabbath, areosmith, Sammy Hagar, DP

Thinking about going to see the Doobie Brothers this summer, since they have Michael McDonald back.

Plus Hall and Oates, The Black Crowes, Sammy Hagar, etc.
Thought Doobie's were great opening for Santana last year, and that was without McDonald.  I'm debating seeing Sammy.  Really want to but I hate the venue they are playing at here in So Cal...

Seeing Aerosmith in a few weeks in Vegas and they better be 1,000X better than that #### show at the Grammy's

Have tickets for:

Band of Horses
Lord Huron (Red Rocks!)
Joe Russo's Almost Dead (Red Rocks!)
Barenaked Ladies/Gin Blossoms/Toad the Wet Sprocket
Tedeschi Trucks
Roger Waters

Also put in for lottery for a couple nights of Phish at Deer Creek.  Trying to find someone to go to Greensky Bluegrass with me next week, may have to go solo.  Waiting to see the single day lineups for The National's "Homecoming" festival.

Also thinking about:
Pigeons Playing Ping Pong/Goose
Melvin Seals
Bob Mould
James McMurtry
Steely Dan/Steve Winwood

Have tickets for:

Band of Horses
Lord Huron (Red Rocks!)
Tedeschi Trucks
Roger Waters

Also put in for lottery for a couple nights of Phish at Deer Creek.  Trying to find someone to go to Greensky Bluegrass with me next week, may have to go solo.  Waiting to see the single day lineups for The National's "Homecoming" festival.

Also thinking about:
Melvin Seals
Bob Mould
James McMurtry
Steely Dan/Steve Winwood

I love James McMurtry, seen him a few times.

Have tickets for:

Band of Horses
Lord Huron (Red Rocks!)
Tedeschi Trucks
Roger Waters

Also thinking about:
Melvin Seals
Bob Mould
James McMurtry
Steely Dan/Steve Winwood

#### yeah!

Just booked a “last minute“ trip to Atlanta on March 7th to see Wire. Heading back the next day at 11 am. About 15 hours total spent there. Really looking forward to seeing them. They’re another band I never thought I’d see live. 

Last night caught Tool from front row risers side of stage (Adam Jones' side). Surprisingly cool view. Elevated a bit. Great view if Danny Carey and Maynard as well as Adam Jones. 

Got incredible tickets for Pearl Jam. Two GA/Pit sets (Ottawa/St Louis) plus front row risers next to GA (Quebec City) and back of floor (Nashville). 

Kiss now has David Lee Roth opening for them on this leg of their tour. This is his setlist:

You really got me

Unchained

Jaime's crying 

Panama

Dance the night away

Running with the devil

California girls

Ain't talking about love

---encore---

Just a giggle

Jump

Really solid set list, but encore for an opening act? 

Users who are viewing this thread