What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (9 Viewers)

Convinced my good buddy @Guster to go see Greensky Bluegrass with me on Tuesday.  I’m actually more interested in seeing the opener, Ghost Light.  

Last night caught Tool from front row risers side of stage (Adam Jones' side). Surprisingly cool view. Elevated a bit. Great view if Danny Carey and Maynard as well as Adam Jones. 

Got incredible tickets for Pearl Jam. Two GA/Pit sets (Ottawa/St Louis) plus front row risers next to GA (Quebec City) and back of floor (Nashville). 
Awesome. 

Saw them twice in the fall. Hope they come around again this year.

Picked up Roger Watters for Philly and NYC. Also have Billy Joel in May

Last edited by a moderator:
Just booked a “last minute“ trip to Atlanta on March 7th to see Wire. Heading back the next day at 11 am. About 15 hours total spent there. Really looking forward to seeing them. They’re another band I never thought I’d see live. 
Wow. I can't believe this. Checked to see if they were coming near me as soon as I saw this.

They aren't.

Regardless, have a great time, man. I'd never even thought about seeing them live, either. 

KFMA days announced the rest of their acts.

GodSmack- I really like their music, this is why I bought the tickets

Bad Wolves- I know the cover of Zombie but thats it, I think?

Rival Sons- I have no idea who this is

Saint Asonia- I have no idea who this is

Reading comments on social media and it is all over the place. Some folks super excited and others meh and saying this is a bad lineup. I got a deal on the VIP tickets ( actually they ended up being free) I am excited for it. I like seeing new stuff, I got the good tickets and worse case scenario I have great seats for GodSmack.
I saw Rival Sons open for STP recently. They're pretty solid.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GgnLwcKPernh6tDx9

Wow. I can't believe this. Checked to see if they were coming near me as soon as I saw this.

They aren't.

Regardless, have a great time, man. I'd never even thought about seeing them live, either. 
I wouldn’t have known either if it weren’t for an ifriend who let me know. Ticket was $30 and airfare/hotel were dirt cheap so it’s a no brainer. Pretty excited to see them.

Maybe I am just out of touch, but when did ticket prices require the equivalent of a mortgage payment to go to a show? Tickets to old guizers like Bon Jovi or Roger Waters (from Ticketmaster not second hand) were basically $300 each. So me and the missus would be $700 total with fees. Add in parking, dinner, drinks, gas, etc. and that's pushing a grand (even more if we stayed overnight somewhere). For shows where you missed the initial ticket release, it would be double the ticket price or more through a resale site. I guess people have more money to spend these days.

I’ve missed the Psychedelic Furs twice and they’re coming back around on tour again in mid-April. I’m not missing them again. 

ETA: Going solo to this one on 4/15 in Clearwater.

Maybe I am just out of touch, but when did ticket prices require the equivalent of a mortgage payment to go to a show? Tickets to old guizers like Bon Jovi or Roger Waters (from Ticketmaster not second hand) were basically $300 each. So me and the missus would be $700 total with fees. Add in parking, dinner, drinks, gas, etc. and that's pushing a grand (even more if we stayed overnight somewhere). For shows where you missed the initial ticket release, it would be double the ticket price or more through a resale site. I guess people have more money to spend these days.
You know you don't have to sit in the front row, right?  I paid $90 each for my Waters tickets, and that includes all the ridiculous fees.

Summer concerts set.

Taking my son for his birthday to his first Slipknot show on the Knotfest. We got 17th center on the isle. 17 rows in front of us will be the pit. That should be an interesting show. I am not a big fan at all...probably like about 8-10 tunes. My son really likes this band a lot. He is a huge Rush, Dream Theatre, Queensryche, Iron maiden kid....I have raised him right. But this is one of the bands he found himself. 

Then me and my two long time band mates will see The Black Crowes 15 days later 13th row dead center.

In July my wife and I are seeing Badflower (we love them) 311 and Incubus (we love Incubus and have not seen them since A Crow Left Of The Murder Tour).

GnR at Target field can't possibly be any good, right? I mean, Axl's voice was terrible live in their prime.

Same for Crue/Def Leopard/Poison/Jett at US Bank...

Summer concerts set.

Taking my son for his birthday to his first Slipknot show on the Knotfest. We got 17th center on the isle. 17 rows in front of us will be the pit. That should be an interesting show. I am not a big fan at all...probably like about 8-10 tunes. My son really likes this band a lot. He is a huge Rush, Dream Theatre, Queensryche, Iron maiden kid....I have raised him right. But this is one of the bands he found himself. 

Then me and my two long time band mates will see The Black Crowes 15 days later 13th row dead center.

In July my wife and I are seeing Badflower (we love them) 311 and Incubus (we love Incubus and have not seen them since A Crow Left Of The Murder Tour).
Slipknot pretty much exists due to their live shows, their music can be tough to listen to. Who else is playing that show with them? Thought I saw it was A Day to Remember and some others.

GnR at Target field can't possibly be any good, right? I mean, Axl's voice was terrible live in their prime.

Same for Crue/Def Leopard/Poison/Jett at US Bank...
Def Lep and Poison are solid.  I never really got into Poison but I saw them open for Lep a few years ago and they were honestly pretty great live.  Engaging, sounded good, put a lot into it and this was Baltimore aka phone-it-in town.   I expect Crue will be on point? I've never actually seen em

Def Lep and Poison are solid.  I never really got into Poison but I saw them open for Lep a few years ago and they were honestly pretty great live.  Engaging, sounded good, put a lot into it and this was Baltimore aka phone-it-in town.   I expect Crue will be on point? I've never actually seen em
Vince Neil's voice is totally shot. And he is fat as a freaking house. I am passing on the show because I can't stand stadiums shows, the tickets are outrageous for decent seats and I saw all these bands several times in their absolute prime in the 80's.

Poison does put on a great live show. 

Vince Neil's voice is totally shot. And he is fat as a freaking house. I am passing on the show because I can't stand stadiums shows, the tickets are outrageous for decent seats and I saw all these bands several times in their absolute prime in the 80's.

Poison does put on a great live show. 
I went to see Motley Crue 2 tours ago and Neil was so bad I left before the "boob cam" was rolled out.

Yeah let's do this.. tix on sale tomorrow or what?  It's at the ballpark yeah?
They are already available via my presale links but I have to now see if I’ll be here in august :wall:  I have some training and I forgot the dates. I’ll see tomorrow and shoot you a text 

So, uh, Rage Against The Machine snuck in a full tour announcement yesterday...

Bucket list show for me.
Ditto.  Had a buddy here in St Louis that was trying to talk me into going to El Paso and catch a show before their Coachella dates.  Told him that was too far to go.  Now, find out they are coming here.  Woo hoo.

What day you seeing starting prices at $300 for Bon Jovi?

What day you seeing starting prices at $300 for Bon Jovi?
Floor seats and first tier tix in Boston 7/16 were $250-300. They recently added seats behind the stage for half that. Third tier seats were much cheaper. There are also premium package prices that are $500+. 

Gonna go see my daughter in NYC. 
When and where?

You know you don't have to sit in the front row, right?  I paid $90 each for my Waters tickets, and that includes all the ridiculous fees.
At least in NYC, that means youre sitting in the nosebleeds watching the video screen. Whee. Concerts. No gracias for me. I'm either watching the band as in scale humans on a stage nearby or I'll watch a screen for free and comfort at home.

So, uh, Rage Against The Machine snuck in a full tour announcement yesterday...

Bucket list show for me.
Won't know til tomorrow where our seats are, but our live nation in got us 4 for $145 each. Just to get in the arena is $125, which is unheard of around here.

Floor seats and first tier tix in Boston 7/16 were $250-300. They recently added seats behind the stage for half that. Third tier seats were much cheaper. There are also premium package prices that are $500+. 
Ok, that makes sense.   I would expect tix for those seats to be at least a couple hundred.  

Users who are viewing this thread