What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (4 Viewers)

Aerosmith tomorrow night in Vegas  

This time of year is rough. Seemingly get presale notifications every single day of concerts I want to go to. Tim McGraw and Luke Combs on sale tomorrow. Man. Already caved in for Stapleton last week. 

Anyone sit GA at Red Rocks?  Apparently its something like the first 25 rows and the last 2 but that varies by show.   I'm trying to get a feel for the scene in those rows.    Is it gonna be packed in where there's no room to move and everyone is standing for the entire show?    When I was last there for a couple of DMB shows 14 years ago, everything in the higher rows seemed very spacious b/c so many people just bring chairs and sit along the aisles.   I don't recall what it was like down in GA though.   

So, uh, Rage Against The Machine snuck in a full tour announcement yesterday...

Bucket list show for me.
Just bought my tickets for the show here in St Louis.  When it was my choice to pick seats, I picked 2 in the middle section (price is same for every seat) but kept getting an error.  I think the seats I was picking were sold out.  I picked 2 seats in the upper section and got em with no issues.

Just bought my tickets for the show here in St Louis.  When it was my choice to pick seats, I picked 2 in the middle section (price is same for every seat) but kept getting an error.  I think the seats I was picking were sold out.  I picked 2 seats in the upper section and got em with no issues.
I got busy at work and missed the front of the queue. All that was left by the time I got in was upper level seats almost behind the stage at the top. Not doing that, and not paying an exorbitant amount for resale so I guess I'm ####ed.

I got busy at work and missed the front of the queue. All that was left by the time I got in was upper level seats almost behind the stage at the top. Not doing that, and not paying an exorbitant amount for resale so I guess I'm ####ed.
I'm close to the stage, on one side.

well I showed up 15 minutes before for rage tickets to Oakland and now that I'm in the room there are 2000+ people ahead of me. :kicksrock:  Not holding my breath that I get tickets for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
well I showed up 15 minutes before for rage tickets to Oakland and now that I'm in the room there are 2000+ people ahead of me. :kicksrock:  Not holding my breath that I get tickets for this.
I had the same thing, but was able to get tickets here.  It whittled down rather quickly.

I had the same thing, but was able to get tickets here.  It whittled down rather quickly.
Yeah I was able to get some, at first only nose bleeds were available but lower ones would pop up then be sold before I could grab them. Ended up with section 212 row 6 so should be looking right at the stage and not too high.

I had the same problem, it kept saying there weren't 2 tickets available.  Missed the floor but ended up somehow sneaking into the lower level after refreshing about a million times.  

I had the same problem, it kept saying there weren't 2 tickets available.  Missed the floor but ended up somehow sneaking into the lower level after refreshing about a million times.  
Mine was scarier to me.  It kept saying it "couldn't process on this platform" or something like that.  I was using Chrome on a browser, so I was freaking out a bit.  Then thought ... what if the seats I picked are simply gone.  That's when I tried for seats in the upper section, but towards the front.  Got the first 2 that I picked.

Building up a tradition of Valentine's Day concerts with my wife. 

2014 - Arctic Monkeys
2019 - Heart Bones
2020 - Brandi Carlile (at the brand new venue in Minneapolis, the Fillmore)

Going to do my part to represent the AOR/Easy Listening/80s/Hair Band demographics this year:

• 6/18: James Taylor & Jackson Browne
  • 6/20: ZBB
  • 7/25:  Bryan Adams & Bon Jovi
  • 8/22:  Def Leppard/Poison/Motley Crue/Joan Jett & the Blackhearts

Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers Friday night. 
This was an awesome show. It was not as packed as it was 10 years ago but he still has it. It is so easy to lose track of how much I am drinking at shows like this. I was stumbling when I left and that is something I try to avoid. I guess it's ok every once in a while.

Building up a tradition of Valentine's Day concerts with my wife. 

2014 - Arctic Monkeys
2019 - Heart Bones
2020 - Brandi Carlile (at the brand new venue in Minneapolis, the Fillmore)
I really liked Brandi Carlile when I saw her. Was funny because I went to see Old Crow Medicine Show and I thought Brandi Carlile was opening for them. Turned out it was the opposite although they both played full sets. During the break my wife and myself started noticing that we kind of stood out in the crowd. We stood out as one of the minority heterosexual couples there. I knew about Carlile and her sexuality but I did not realize that the entire lesbian army of Arizona would be there. This was a night I promised my wife I would not drink so I was stone cold sober and I was again very much in the minority. I almost got in a fight with a pretty good sized girl. She accused me of kicking over someones drink. I didn't and I was being super polite but she would not stop. I eventually just asked where she thought this was headed and I swear I thought she was gonna start swinging. A bunch of girls pulled her away and came back to apologize. It was really pretty funny. I felt I was in a no win situation. I could beat up a girl or I could get beat up by a girl. Neither one of those scenarios is good for me. 

Brandi Carlile was awesome though. I love the twins she has playing in her band.

I’ve got quite a few tickets in hand for shows in the next couple months.

Traveling McCouries (saw Del with his band last month)

Willie Nelson

Isbell w/Strand of Oaks

Pert Near Sandstone 

Mollie Tuttle

Black Crowes

Anyone going to or been to Firefly?  Of course, RATM is my major interest here but some interest in other bands and wondering what the atmosphere is like in general.  The venue is a little less than an hour away from my parents' house and could head back there each night.  My brother and his daughter (15) are big into concerts and have gone to a bunch and will be going.  My boys (14 and 12 at that point) not as interested but think it could be a fun weekend and intro to live music.  I would probably just buy two tix and take only one of the boys each day and go with my bro and niece.  We're thinking VIP just to make it a little easier with the kids in tow.

Already going to PJ in Phoenix in April. Ticketmaster released a few more seats for San Diego a couple nights later so I picked up a single there too.

Going to see Eli Young Band...wife likes country.  :shrug:  
Post concert review, Eli Young Band was pretty good, but it was the strangest concert experience I've ever had.  We went down to Des Moines, as that was the closest they were coming to the Twin Cities.  It was at the Minnesota Wild minor league affiliate's stadium, after they had a game.  Arena is decent sized with 16,000 capacity, but it was only 2/3 full for the game.  After the game, they put some carpets on the ice for people who paid extra to be on the floor.  Concert stage was at one end of the rink.  GA section filled less than out to the blue line, the rest of the main floor was open.  No one stood for the whole concert, except for a couple randoms, and the section or two closest to the stage (not us).  At the start of each song, people would start to leave, so as the concert went on, the non capacity crowd got smaller and smaller, until the stadium was less than half full at the end.  Very weird, and have never seen that for a concert before.  Granted, this wasn't the typical concert set up going on after a minor league hockey game, but still...

Post concert review, Eli Young Band was pretty good, but it was the strangest concert experience I've ever had.  We went down to Des Moines, as that was the closest they were coming to the Twin Cities.  It was at the Minnesota Wild minor league affiliate's stadium, after they had a game.  Arena is decent sized with 16,000 capacity, but it was only 2/3 full for the game.  After the game, they put some carpets on the ice for people who paid extra to be on the floor.  Concert stage was at one end of the rink.  GA section filled less than out to the blue line, the rest of the main floor was open.  No one stood for the whole concert, except for a couple randoms, and the section or two closest to the stage (not us).  At the start of each song, people would start to leave, so as the concert went on, the non capacity crowd got smaller and smaller, until the stadium was less than half full at the end.  Very weird, and have never seen that for a concert before.  Granted, this wasn't the typical concert set up going on after a minor league hockey game, but still...
I'm from Des Moines, but haven't lived there in a long, long time.  What buiding/stadium/arena was it in?

I'm from Des Moines, but haven't lived there in a long, long time.  What buiding/stadium/arena was it in?
Wells Fargo Arena.  Not a bad arena, better than I was expecting for Des Moines (but I have a biased "big city MN resident" opinion of Des Moines).

Wells Fargo Arena.  Not a bad arena, better than I was expecting for Des Moines (but I have a biased "big city MN resident" opinion of Des Moines).
That was built after I left, so I've never been in it.  Growing up, most concerts were at Vets (ie Veterans Auditorium).

Just found out Clan of Xymox (who?) is coming to Orlando March 20th. Ticket was like $29 with fee. Yet another band I never thought I’d see live. I hear good things about them on stage.  :thumbup:  

Thinking about going to see the Doobie Brothers this summer, since they have Michael McDonald back.

Plus Hall and Oates, The Black Crowes, Sammy Hagar, etc.
I saw the Black Crowes back in the early 90s and to this day is still one of my most memorable shows I've attended. 

Enjoy. 

A great rock band that does not get much notoriety. I am going to see Rival Sons for the first time on a club headlining tour in May. I am stoked. Love these guys.

Went last weekend to see Silversun Pickups at Cains ballroom in Tulsa.  Such a great old venue.  Crowd was great, show was great.  SSPU love that venue so they even played a deep cut that's never been done live before.  Oh, and I caught one of the drumsticks.  (We may be old, but we crowd to the front 5-6 rows for these SRO shows.)

Opener was Elisa and the Delusionals.  I really like the little I know of them and they were a good opener and had the crowd really into the song that have been released.  

Seeing Front 242 October 4th. Last leg of their short US tour. I’ve only ever had 2 chances to see them and missed them the first time back in the late 80s.

Next few shows on the docket:

Sturgill Simpson/Tyler Childers

Best Coast

Sweetwater 420 Festival (Oysterhead, Trey Anastasio Band, Cage the Elephant headliners)

John Stickley Trio

Pet Shop Boys and New Order just announced a co-headlining tour in North America this Fall. Think I’m heading to Philly September 11th to see them. 

ETA: Confirmed. 20th row center  :thumbup:

Kraftwerk just announced a full US tour with lots of stops. Closest to me is Orlando, but I’m probably not going. 

Lots of good shows coming through the Baltimore/Washington area this year.

Third Eye Blind playing the 930 club and Maddie and Tay playing the Soundstate in Baltimore.

Both venues are small, Soundstage very small, like 1k capacity at most. 

Journey with the Pretenders August 21st. Another outdoor show in FL in Summer (ugh) and I’m doing lawn seats. Big fan of the Pretenders. 

Debating Santana with Earth, wind and fire in June. Hopefully I find out my knee surgery date soon so I can plan out my summer concerts 

Users who are viewing this thread