What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (3 Viewers)

Motley Crue/Def Leppard/Poison/Joan Jett Stadium Tour is finally starting to cancel some dates.

July 2nd in Cincinnati and August 28 in Chicago have been cancelled. 

Had tickets for Miami concert on July 7th but will get a refund when cancelled. Besides, it will be hot as balls in Miami in July. 

I'm a little disappointed because I don't go to many concerts and this is one my wife and I were looking forward to going to see together. Also would have been the first concert for my 15-year old (although he would much prefer to go so  Trippy Red or Rolling Loud...)

I listen to Steve Earle's show he has called Hard Core Troubadour. He has said more than once that no one will be touring this summer. He say's don't let anyone fool you, there will be no live music this summer. I am not sure if he truly knows but he is in the business more than me. :shrug:

I have heard him say this on multiple shows.

Jason Isbell is rescheduling - in my case, from next week to a show at the same venue in April.  Happy to see Strand of Oak rescheduled with him and will still be opening the show.

I am sitting on tickets for 5 or 6 other shows, and this is the first one to reschedule, so I guess that's good news.  I miss live music tremendously. First world problems I suppose, but I did not fully realize how important it is to me to get out to a show a couple times a month.  Its not so much the music, although that is a big part of it, but I really miss my gang of show-going buddies and the good times we always have going to shows together.

Jason Isbell is rescheduling - in my case, from next week to a show at the same venue in April.  Happy to see Strand of Oak rescheduled with him and will still be opening the show.

I am sitting on tickets for 5 or 6 other shows, and this is the first one to reschedule, so I guess that's good news.  I miss live music tremendously. First world problems I suppose, but I did not fully realize how important it is to me to get out to a show a couple times a month.  Its not so much the music, although that is a big part of it, but I really miss my gang of show-going buddies and the good times we always have going to shows together.
The Billy Bragg tour we talked about before shutdown has been pushed back to 2021 sans the Milwaukee dates.

I'm a big Strand of Oaks fan.  Tim is such a sweet guy.

The Billy Bragg tour we talked about before shutdown has been pushed back to 2021 sans the Milwaukee dates.

I'm a big Strand of Oaks fan.  Tim is such a sweet guy.
Damn - Maybe he was just coming here due to the DNC going on at the same time.  That sucks, was looking forward to seeing him again.

This whole thing sucks.

Anyone start getting refunds?

I think most of my shows have been postponed. Tool just canceled their tour so fans can get money back. Will wait to see when that happens 

comfortably numb said:

I think most of my shows have been postponed. Tool just canceled their tour so fans can get money back. Will wait to see when that happens 
I’ve gotten refunds for 3 shows. One was almost immediate and the other two took one month and 3 months. Waiting for another summer show to get cancelled, but hasn’t happened yet. 

comfortably numb said:

Got refunds to the shows that weren't postponed but outright canceled.

For many of the shows that were postponed there was an option to get a refund, I just kept the tickets for next year.

comfortably numb said:

Was offered refund when Rage rescheduled for next summer.  I opted to hold on to the tickets.

Last Saturday, Big Head Todd did a concert from Red Rocks with no audience. It was pretty cool.

Tonight would have been the Black Crowes concert here in Austin. 😢

I’d pay for quality live shows done remotely. Do polls for section for song requests, etc. Make it interactive but flow. I’d equate to what I’d pay for  PPV. Fight, UFC etc. Stones do a show I’d pay more than a lesser act.  Fly acts into Red Rocks or other great venues. Sell it worldwide. 

I’d pay for quality live shows done remotely. Do polls for section for song requests, etc. Make it interactive but flow. I’d equate to what I’d pay for  PPV. Fight, UFC etc. Stones do a show I’d pay more than a lesser act.  Fly acts into Red Rocks or other great venues. Sell it worldwide. 
I would be in on this.

Sixthman, a company that specializes in producing music festivals at sea, The Rock Boat, Kiss Cruise, Cayamo et.al, have been hosting a variety of concerts over the past couple of months with a variety of artists and musicians from their homes in their Mi Casa Su Casa series. They have had over 90 individual concerts since March 17th, 2020.

https://www.sixthmansessions.com/

Some upcoming in their Mi Casa Su Casa series:

Thursday June 18, 2020 @ 6p ET
SAMMY BRUE

Monday June 22, 2020 @ 2pm ET
HANNAH WICKLUND

Monday June 22, 2020 @ 5pm ET
BRIAN WRIGHT

Tuesday June 23, 2020 @ 6pm ET
CAROLINA STORY

Tuesday Jun 30, 2020 @ 5pm ET
ALEX MCARTOR

Hmmm

I dont recall submitting anything being my show was outright canceled 

I have to try to reach them it looks like

Thanks
FWIW, both of the shows were rescheduled and I was given the option of refund or hold tickets for the new date. Would think if outright cancelled, it should have been prioritized for refund, but would guess you would have to start the process (at least to get a timely response...:))

Thursday (the band) is set to begin live streaming from Brooklyn in about twenty or so minutes. Have a ticket, will watch. So much of post-hardcore is visceral presence that I wonder how it will translate to this format.

Bandsintown is putting up some high quality live stream concerts. Watching Blackberry Smoke now from the Ryman. Awesome. $25. Would do it every day of the week. First time I feel like I’m back at a live concert. Highly recommend 

It's remote, but watching the 34tg annual Tibet House benefit live right now. Angelique Kidjo absolutely slaying some Talking Heads covers.

Artistic Director Philip Glass will be joined by Laurie Anderson, Phoebe Bridger, Tenzin Choegyal, Cage The Elephant, Brittany Howard, Chocolate Genius, Inc., Valerie June, Rubin Kodheli, Angelique Kidjo, Annie Lennox, Flaming Lips, Iggy Pop, Black Pumas, Jesse Paris Smith, Patti Smith, Tessa Thompson, Saori Tsukada, Eddie Vedder, and Drepung Gomang Monastery.

Phillip Glass on piano backing Alan Ginsberg reciting a poem about wichita.

Black Pumas were good.

Flaming Lips showed a song from the bubble show.

Annie Lennox still gots pipes. Her on piano singing to what sounds like a zoom call on her phone. Sound quality not tippy top, but damn she sounds amazing.

Valerie June covering Fake plastic trees is...not working. Whoa. Really not working.
Ew.

Nah, I kid. "Fake Plastic Trees" feels so long ago to me, like that melancholy kid in his 20s doesn't even exist anymore. I can't hear The Bends without going back in time, which is sometimes bad for the lasting quality and emotion of music. When it becomes too tied to a period in your life, and you've moved on, the meaningfulness of the song can just be flat. That's "Fake Plastic Trees" to me.

Are you watching this too, or just responding?

That valerie june set was ...something 

Brittany Howard on now thank God.
No, just responding to your updates. I saw this thread get bumped and immediately missed the ability to see live shows and also realized while reading that I'd posted about Thursday webcasting a concert, so figured I'd comment on you going through the webcast experience in a sort of form of solidarity. Webcast watchers, unite!

:hifive:

Now with Rob Moose (?) on violin. ...eta Moonsong

She looks and sounds amazing. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread