Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music memories, it was a good run

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

user name checks out.

Just returned from New Orleans and Jazz Fest...spent 13 days in the Crescent City eating food and listening to music. Some highlights: First night went to Foundation Gala and had a lot of food an

https://twitter.com/i/status/1112263845421240321

I just clicked on the "new post" button and it took me to March 8 of last year. :cry:

Miss this so much.

As of right now I have tickets to a drive-in show on May 11, and a Red Rocks show in July. Really hope Red Rocks happens. I feel optimistic.

48 minutes ago, Worm said:

As of right now I have tickets to a drive-in show on May 11, and a Red Rocks show in July. Really hope Red Rocks happens. I feel optimistic.

We've got tickets to 3 shows in early June at RR, but I just don't see it happening.  Question is, when are we going to find out?  I need to determine whether to make travel arrangements.

15 minutes ago, shuke said:

We've got tickets to 3 shows in early June at RR, but I just don't see it happening.  Question is, when are we going to find out?  I need to determine whether to make travel arrangements.

Airlines are flexibile with changes right now, so I'm going to book soon.

And I am going to look for an airbnb with a flexible cancellation.

I just want to go.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Worm said:

Airlines are flexibile with changes right now, so I'm going to book soon.

And I am going to look for an airbnb with a flexible cancellation.

I just want to go.

Good point.  I just booked flights and hotel.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 12:17 PM, shuke said:

Good point.  I just booked flights and hotel.

My show in July was cancelled today. :cry: 

• Sad 3

Nothing planned until mid to late September so I’m still hoping it’s enough time. Supposed to go up to Philly for one show and spend some time in the Poconos. 🤞🏻 

5 hours ago, Worm said:

My show in July was cancelled today. :cry: 

Sucks, but I'd rather know now than later.  

Listening to Newsome I’m confident that outdoor venues including sports and concerts are opening up. Question is what percent will be in attendance and how do they they decide who? Will big acts play stadiums that are 1/4 full? 1/2 full? Or just wait?

More outdoor vs indoor venues for awhile? Maybe Dodger Stadium or Sofi 1/4 full instead of full house indoor at the Forum? Both seat 15-20K in those cases

I got a text yesterday from a friend reminding me the last live show I saw was one year ago today - The Travelin McCourys at Space in Evanston Illinois. The opening act was Chickenwire Empire. We were all buzzing after the show, out on the street, and one of my buddies had some crazy theory about COVID he got reading Zero Hedge.  We all had tickets for Molly Tuttle a week later at the Old Town School of Folk Music - never happened.  

• 2 weeks later...

Guns N Roses with Smashing Pumpkins at Fenway.

Rage Against the Machine. Haven't decided where. Def NYC, but would like to roadtrip to another place. Honestly thinking about Vienna  🇦🇹 in September. 

• Like 1

Washington State going to open up live music on March 22 with some crowd size restrictions.  I don't know that I really want to go to a show in a club with a mask on.   Sounds pretty awful.

I'm 100% confident everything during the summer will be on.  In Ventura County we almost dropped 2 tiers in a week.  At a minimum it'll be 50% capacity if not more.  Artists and venues will do what it takes to not lose 2 summers in a row.

27 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

The GNR show at Wrigley Field is also back on this summer. Lady Gaga, too. 

I think all of the shows that were postponed at Wrigley in '20 are back on this summer.   A nice bonus for Chicagoans - Ravinia will have shows this summer.

Edited by FairWarning
  • 2 weeks later...

Had tickets for three shows in June for Red Rocks that were rescheduled from 2020.  Lord Huron shows now rescheduled for 2022 and JRAD cancelled.  

• Sad 1

Willie Nelson show that was rescheduled a year ago to this coming April 26.  Its still on the calendar at the venue and on Willie's website, but I've been told by a friend who works the venue that everyone knows it won't happen.  None of my shows are cancelling/refunding - all just being kicked down the road.  I get it, none of these artists or venues are in a position to refund cash, and its probably hard enough on them to put on a show this year for essentially no or very little new revenue from ticket sales.  At the same time, I think its kind of like a gift certificate.  Its paid for, but alot of people either can't or won't track all this stuff and probably won't make it to these shows if/when they actually happen.

Kenny Chesney at Sofi stadium was rescheduled to 7/24/21.  Got an announcement that it's pushed back again to 2022. Sucks.  Artists who can sell out stadiums probably don't want to take the 25-50% attendance.

Bought tickets to Alanis Morissette / Garbage / Liz Phair in December 2019 that was scheduled for July 3, 2020 at the amphitheater near Virginia Beach (not going to list the mile-long name of that place).

Was rescheduled to August 25th :clap:   I'll be there with bells on

:banned:

On 3/27/2021 at 10:42 PM, drunken slob said:

Bought tickets to Alanis Morissette / Garbage / Liz Phair in December 2019 that was scheduled for July 3, 2020 at the amphitheater near Virginia Beach (not going to list the mile-long name of that place).

Was rescheduled to August 25th :clap:   I'll be there with bells on

:banned:

Tempted to go this show when they come to Tampa August 17th, but it’s an outdoor show and it will be hot af

On 3/26/2021 at 11:34 AM, shuke said:

Had tickets for three shows in June for Red Rocks that were rescheduled from 2020.  Lord Huron shows now rescheduled for 2022 and JRAD cancelled.  

Looking at that schedule, and seeing all the shows that are cancelled.  Michael Franti and Big Head Todd are still on, which is just the most Colorado thing ever.  <_<

• Like 1
1 hour ago, massraider said:

Looking at that schedule, and seeing all the shows that are cancelled.  Michael Franti and Big Head Todd are still on, which is just the most Colorado thing ever.  <_<

Sounds bittersweet.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if any of you have access to Sky Arts (UK), but they’re airing a New Order show right now, Depeche Mode is next, and The Cure are later. Good stuff. 

Roger Waters postponed from last year finally rescheduled, for August 2022.  

Tedeschi Trucks postponed until July 2022.  

:sadbanana:

• Sad 2

Just got tickets for new announced Mt. Joy and Trampled by Turtles show at a new venue here in Cincinnati for September.

Also bought tickets for the Sea Hear Now festival in Jersey in September.  This is going to be a surprise anniversary gift for my wife, since we aren't going to Red Rock to see Lord Huron this year.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Friends are going to see Alanis Morissette with Liz Phair and Garbage 7/31 in Portland so I am tagging along after a few days in San Diego. I know she's coming to Tampa, but there's no way in hell I am seeing an outdoor show here in late August and none of my friends here wanted to go anyway. 

So far, all of the Fall shows I have (4 in 2 weeks at the end of September and early October) are still scheduled. Hoping for a good streak of fun and something different. :thumbup:

Picked up a 2 day VIP pass for the Railbird Festival in Lexington (at Keeneland) today. Nice little lineup overall. I’m there mostly for My Morning Jacket, but Band of Horses and DMB are solid. Haven’t seen full band DMB in ages. Billy Strings, Black Pumas, etc. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bobcat10 said:

Picked up a 2 day VIP pass for the Railbird Festival in Lexington (at Keeneland) today. Nice little lineup overall. I’m there mostly for My Morning Jacket, but Band of Horses and DMB are solid. Haven’t seen full band DMB in ages. Billy Strings, Black Pumas, etc. 

Very tempted.  But this is sandwiched between Phish weekend at Deer Creek (keeping fingers crossed) and the Sea Hear Now festival in NJ.  Might be too old for all this.

41 minutes ago, shuke said:

Very tempted.  But this is sandwiched between Phish weekend at Deer Creek (keeping fingers crossed) and the Sea Hear Now festival in NJ.  Might be too old for all this.

Ah screw it.  Tickets purchased.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
37 minutes ago, shuke said:

Ah screw it.  Tickets purchased.

That was quick! Have you ever gone to this festival?

Obviously I’m still hoping for phish but my joint may be Hershey. 

1 hour ago, shuke said:

Might be too old for all this.

Part of the reason we chose VIP. The price was right too. Was looking at Ohana as well and this is half the price and drivable. 

Edited by Bobcat10
9 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

That was quick! Have you ever gone to this festival?

Obviously I’m still hoping for phish but my joint may be Hershey. 

Never been.  Lived in Lexington for a few years and love Keeneland.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:30 PM, Judge Smails said:

Thought everything was opening up. Exact opposite. Everything postponing. Stapleton today. 2022

Same thing happened with Rage.  Last year it was delayed until July 2021.  Got an email a few weeks ago that it has been delayed until 2020 now.

Latest was Matchbox Twenty and the Wallflowers. Outdoor late summer at Hollywood Bowl. Just moved to spring 2022. On the other hand, Santana is now selling tickets starting in Aug in Las Vegas residency and Live Nation starting to book other concerts

1 hour ago, Judge Smails said:

Latest was Matchbox Twenty and the Wallflowers. Outdoor late summer at Hollywood Bowl. Just moved to spring 2022. On the other hand, Santana is now selling tickets starting in Aug in Las Vegas residency and Live Nation starting to book other concerts

I think a lot has to do with logistics/travel/timing.  Some shows are being pushed to next year, but like in the case of Santana, it's to accommodate different touring plans.  

On 4/16/2021 at 11:31 AM, shuke said:

Just got tickets for new announced Mt. Joy and Trampled by Turtles show at a new venue here in Cincinnati for September.

Can't wait to check this place out, along with the one in Newport. Curious to see how the shows shake out and who plays where, but hopefully the days of travelling to Dayton/cbus/lville/Indy for mid tier shows are over.

Paid for a Thomas Rhett livestream Friday night.  He did a full stage performance in front of I think friends and family for a new record drop.  Very good production - sounded great.  $17 or so couldn't beat it.  Just made some cocktails at home and enjoyed. Not the real thing but entertaining

• Like 1
On 4/16/2021 at 11:31 AM, shuke said:

Also bought tickets for the Sea Hear Now festival in Jersey in September.  This is going to be a surprise anniversary gift for my wife, since we aren't going to Red Rock to see Lord Huron this year.

Lord Huron announced two nights prior to this festival for the Rooftop at Pier 17 in lower Manhattan.  Got tickets for one night.  Place looks pretty cool.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

IDLES just announced a fall US your. NYC in Oct....very tempted, even though it'll be at a place that's too large.

• 2 weeks later...

Four of my favorite local venues (common ownership) are now partnered with AXS Tickets for all sales.  Dang - maybe its just that I'm old, but these guys make me pine fondly for Ticketmaster in comparison.  Nearly 50% markup for fees.  These tickets had a face cost of $49 and they add $20 per ticket for fees.

Convenience Fee - $15.86

Sales Tax - $7.09

Per Order Fee - $6.70

Historic Preservation Fee - $7.72

Promoter Fee - $2.06

Fee Total - $39.43

• Sad 5