What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Christian McCaffrey, SF (2 Viewers)

C-Bound said:
Any concern about his rushing usage today?  Only a few more carries than CJA but still seemed to be in the game for every play. Cam seems to be more of a threat to his rushing productivity than CJA.

I don’t quite get how a team’s top 2 RBs are both raking in 5.0 ypc and the QB leads the team in rushing attempts.  That just doesn’t seem very bright to me.

I don’t quite get how a team’s top 2 RBs are both raking in 5.0 ypc and the QB leads the team in rushing attempts.  That just doesn’t seem very bright to me.
An argument could be made that both RBs are over 5.0 ypc because the QB is the leading rusher.

I haven't watched the game to see if there is merit to that, but it seems like running QBs create opportunities for their backs fairly regularly as defenses key on them instead of the RBs.

Definitely expected more from CMC, however, I still feel confidant in him going forward.  Let's not over react from week 1. 

Yea, he did.  He looks small but is built like a truck and has a knack for positive yardage between the tackles.

My only issue is I have another great option each week so won't just plug him in automatically.

Unless Rivera gets too cute like cam running it in or give it to the up back just for the hell of it or passing 3 times on the 2 yd line....1 game does not equal a trend ...we shall soon see if it is.  :unsure:

It's how we win.

Cam’s magic number? Eight

The magic number of carries for Newton, in fact, turns out to be eight. If he has eight or more rushes in an NFL game (excluding kill-the-clock kneel-down plays), ESPN Stats and Info has figured out that his record is 22-9-1. When he rushes the ball seven or fewer times, Newton is 32-33.

In other words, those ESPN numbers show that Newton wins 70.3 percent of the time with eight or more carries and 49.2 percent when he doesn’t. On Sunday, he had exactly eight carries.
Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article176592426.html#storylink=cpy

That was posted last year.  He's 8W and 3L since then when rushing 8 or more times.  30-12-1.  When he didn't rush 8 times they are 1-1.

Starting to regret taking CMC over Gordon. I was higher on him than most so def reached. But same could be said for Gordon. I considered them both Top 5 potential. My regrets have nothing to do with production, I just really can’t stand watching the Panthers because I loathe Cam. And I actually like the Chargers. That should have been my tiebreaker. 

It's how we win.

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article176592426.html#storylink=cpy

That was posted last year.  He's 8W and 3L since then when rushing 8 or more times.  30-12-1.  When he didn't rush 8 times they are 1-1.

That may be all well and good, but this is a different set of RBs in the backfield and I’m having a difficult time justifying the wisdom of a starting QB leading the team in rushing when the top two RBs are performing at such a high level of productivity.

The RPO they were running with Cam and McCaffrey over and over was ridiculously effective.  Basically, everybody on defense bit on the handoff or fake handoff to CMC leaving Cam wide open to run or pass it up the middle.

The RPO they were running with Cam and McCaffrey over and over was ridiculously effective.  Basically, everybody on defense bit on the handoff or fake handoff to CMC leaving Cam wide open to run or pass it up the middle.
Yeah, that was the worst game I've ever seen Sean Lee play

When are we actually going to start to see him produce RB1 numbers? People have been building him since last year but that stat line is pretty much the same as last year. Cam gets goal line TD's and that leaves him with what?

Didnt he finish as a RB1 in 12 team ppr? And a high end 2 in standard. As a rookie. 

Edit to add- and the 15.5 points he scored yesterday would have been rb10 last year in ppr.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the percentage of people who play in PPR versus standard leagues? I'm specifically talking about him in standard leagues. 

What are the percentage of people who play in PPR versus standard leagues? I'm specifically talking about him in standard leagues. 
If I had to guess the majority are PPR these days. 

ETA: Last year ESPN made PPR their default league. 

Starting to regret taking CMC over Gordon. I was higher on him than most so def reached. But same could be said for Gordon. I considered them both Top 5 potential. My regrets have nothing to do with production, I just really can’t stand watching the Panthers because I loathe Cam. And I actually like the Chargers. That should have been my tiebreaker. 
I actually traded Gordon today so I'm more in on CMC than ever.  Lets see what happens in ATL this weekend before passing judgement.

Correct forgot about that. Either way I don’t see much sense in complaining about a high end rb2 1 game into his second season. 
Just saying that many people were drafting him to be much more than that, especially given how he was used in the pre-season. Only one game into the season but looks like it's going to be the same thing as last year. 

Just saying that many people were drafting him to be much more than that, especially given how he was used in the pre-season. Only one game into the season but looks like it's going to be the same thing as last year. 
He was drafted Rb11 in standard. And it also looks like Mathew Stafford is going to throw 64 picks this yeah and New Orleans is going to give up about 2748272828 points. I’d give it a minute.

He was drafted Rb11 in standard. And it also looks like Mathew Stafford is going to throw 64 picks this yeah and New Orleans is going to give up about 2748272828 points. I’d give it a minute.
I understand what you are saying but that's the same argument used last year, he is still young, give him more time. Maybe next year the same argument will be used. Who knows?

I understand what you are saying but that's the same argument used last year, he is still young, give him more time. Maybe next year the same argument will be used. Who knows?
I’m not even saying give him specifically more time to develop I’m saying give the season time to actually unfold. 

Back off the ledge boys:

Christian McCaffrey played 85.1 percent of the snaps Week 1, the highest rate he's had in any game to start his career.

McCaffrey received 39.1 percent of the Carolina passing targets, the highest rate for any running back in the league.

McCaffrey averaged 8.1 targets per game with Greg Olsen inactive a year ago as opposed to 5.7 per game with Olsen active.

The Falcons have allowed the most receptions to opposing backfields three years in a row and now will be without Deion Jones and Keanu Neal

Back off the ledge boys:

Christian McCaffrey played 85.1 percent of the snaps Week 1, the highest rate he's had in any game to start his career.

McCaffrey received 39.1 percent of the Carolina passing targets, the highest rate for any running back in the league.

McCaffrey averaged 8.1 targets per game with Greg Olsen inactive a year ago as opposed to 5.7 per game with Olsen active.

The Falcons have allowed the most receptions to opposing backfields three years in a row and now will be without Deion Jones and Keanu Neal
Great stuff. 

This is the kind of day we love to see from CMC and why we drafted him.

Over 100 combined, 8/37 on the ground, 10/69 in the air, and trailing in the 4th.

Would love to see more rush attempts but he's the leading rusher so far in attempts, likely given game flow.

Looks like the most targeted and effective receiver so far as well, despite TDs going elsewhere.

TDs will come, in the meantime, PPR gold with a super high floor.

This is the kind of day we love to see from CMC and why we drafted him.

Over 100 combined, 8/37 on the ground, 10/69 in the air, and trailing in the 4th.

Would love to see more rush attempts but he's the leading rusher so far in attempts, likely given game flow.

Looks like the most targeted and effective receiver so far as well, despite TDs going elsewhere.

TDs will come, in the meantime, PPR gold with a super high floor.
Not gonna lie - could see him finishing #1 if not for Cam’s potential for vulturing. 

Although Kamara and Gurley would most likely argue. 

20 receptions through 2 weeks.  Seems like 100 receptions is very likely this season.  Assuming he remains healthy, I think he's a lock for top 5 RB in PPR formats.

CMC 1,000/1,000 TRACKER

Game 1: 10 carries for 50 yards, 6 receptions for 45 yards

Game 2: 8 carries for 37 yards, 14 receptions for 102 yards

PACE: 696 yds rushing, 1,176 yds receiving

Anthony Staggs (@PyroStag)

9/17/18, 8:37 AM

Currently six NFL RBs are on pace to break the single season reception record for an RB.

CMC - 160 reception pace
Chris Thompson - 152
Saquon Barkley - 128
Melvin Gordon -120
Alvin Kamara- 120
Theo Riddick - 112

• Smile
Reactions: ZWK
Anthony Staggs (@PyroStag)

9/17/18, 8:37 AM

Currently six NFL RBs are on pace to break the single season reception record for an RB.

CMC - 160 reception pace
Chris Thompson - 152
Saquon Barkley - 128
Melvin Gordon -120
Alvin Kamara- 120
Theo Riddick - 112
What does this say for WRs and Oline play?

Crazy. 

Seems every time I look, another lineman is hobbling or getting carted off the field. Anybody have a healthy O line, never mind a good one?
They really do deserve the money the "skill" positions are making.  They're not sexy but if a team fielded the 5 best O lineman in the game at their respective positions, that team would score at will with just about any NFL caliber talent.

Users who are viewing this thread