What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Christian McCaffrey, SF (3 Viewers)

CMC 2,000/1,000 WATCH V2.0

Game 1: 19 rushes 128 yards (2 TD), 10 receptions 81 yards

Game 2: 16 rushes 37 yards, 2 receptions 16 yards 

Game 3: 24 rushes 153 yards (1 TD), 3 receptions 35 yards

Game 4: 27 rushes 93 yards (1 TD), 10 receptions 86 yards

Game 5: 19 rushes 176 yards (2 TD), 6 receptions 61 yards (1 TD)

SEASON PROJECTION: 1,878 yds rushing, 892 yds receiving, 22 total TD's

Adjusted the tracker title. :cool:  

BEAST.   

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't understand why teams don't sell out to stop him? I understand hes good, like really good but the Panthers have NOTHING else on offense and an undrafted QB. Weve see good running back get shut down by teams all the time (because teams force other players to beat them) meanwhile this guy is making a mockery of the NFL.

Im just bitter I passed on him for Barkley.

CMC CMC MVP MVP CMC CMC

Yeah it's way too early and they always give it to the flashy QB, but at least for now he might be in the conversation.  

But at this rate, he's going to have a 4 year career.  #toomanycarries

CMC CMC MVP MVP CMC CMC

Yeah it's way too early and they always give it to the flashy QB, but at least for now he might be in the conversation.  

But at this rate, he's going to have a 4 year career.  #toomanycarries
Yeah I expect him to just turn into dust around the end of the season. I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts. Hope he has something left for the playoffs. 

Yeah I expect him to just turn into dust around the end of the season. I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts. Hope he has something left for the playoffs. 
CMC is carrying my team and all the touches are great but I cannot believe he isn't spelled more often.   He is going to run out of gas by week 12 at this pace.   

CMC is carrying my team and all the touches are great but I cannot believe he isn't spelled more often.   He is going to run out of gas by week 12 at this pace.   
This is my concern too. As a Panthers fan and also as someone who has him on a contending dynasty team 

Since Bonnafon did well feeling in for McCaffrey near the end of the game yesterday, hopefully he will get more opportunities to spell McCaffrey as the season goes on.

I hate to bring it up, but from a dynasty perspective, this is the RB world we live in - risk for holdout next offseason?

Carolina owner Tepper is a shrewd hedge fund guy who presumably moved to Florida to save on taxes.

I assume they'll exercise the 5th year option, but if he has an MVP like season and is locked in on a rookie contract for 2 more years...

Christian McCaffrey (back) did not practice Wednesday.

It was termed a "vet day" earlier Wednesday, but it's officially listed as a back issue. McCaffrey had to leave Week 5 early against the Jaguars with what was reported as cramps. For now, we'd expect McCaffrey to be out there Sunday against the Bucs in London but a transcontinental flight likely won't be easy if his back is acting up. Reggie Bonnafon would be the next man up, but we would be surprised if McCaffrey doesn't play and handle his normal workload.

SOURCE: Steve Reed on Twitter

Oct 9, 2019, 2:09 PM ET

Coach Ron Rivera said that the "Wednesday off day" is the new norm for Christian McCaffrey (back).

Rivera added that McCaffrey will return to practice Friday. CMC will be good to go come Sunday against the Buccaneers. Fantasy's overall RB1 has combined ridiculous tackle-breaking ability with plenty of big plays while handling the league's largest workload through five weeks. The Panthers should be giving him some rest when possible throughout the week.

SOURCE: Tiffany Blackmon on Twitter.

Oct 10, 2019, 9:00 AM ET

Christian McCaffrey (back) wasn't listed on the Panthers' final injury report for Week 6 against the Buccaneers.

Neither was DT Gerald McCoy (knee). Widespread panic ensued after McCaffrey was listed as a DNP Wednesday, though that proved to be a maintenance day for the third-year workhorse, who has seen an exhausting 136 touches (easily the league's most) through five weeks. Currently on pace to shatter Chris Johnson's yards from scrimmage record, McCaffrey should be viewed as the top running back play in fantasy any time he steps on the field.

SOURCE: Max Henson on Twitter

Oct 11, 2019, 10:48 AM ET

The Panthers fell in love with the 1st & 10 run up the middle play in the 2nd half.

So frustrating to watch when 1) It's the least efficient play in football and 2) It specifically wasn't working today. I get that they have a big lead, but it's just throwing away a down. Dumpoffs would be a much better way to get the ball into CMC's hands with little risk and much more opportunity to make a play, if you need to simulate the early down running game and it's not working. The Bucs interior run defense is the only thing they did right today and the Panthers were just content to run into the teeth of the defense to kill clock...for three quarters. 

If a QB who protects the ball better plays in this game, the Panthers get punished for this type of gameplan. 

So frustrating to watch when 1) It's the least efficient play in football and 2) It specifically wasn't working today. I get that they have a big lead, but it's just throwing away a down. Dumpoffs would be a much better way to get the ball into CMC's hands with little risk and much more opportunity to make a play, if you need to simulate the early down running game and it's not working. The Bucs interior run defense is the only thing they did right today and the Panthers were just content to run into the teeth of the defense to kill clock...for three quarters. 

If a QB who protects the ball better plays in this game, the Panthers get punished for this type of gameplan. 
Pretty sure that wouldn't be the game plan in a closer game.   Not that it makes sense to run into a wall over and over and over.  

Pretty sure that wouldn't be the game plan in a closer game.   Not that it makes sense to run into a wall over and over and over.  

That's the point, it never makes sense. 6 turnovers and they'll win by 11. It sucks to not see them be punished for how dumb they are, the Bucs ended up with like 3 extra possessions because the Panthers throw away all their 1st downs on negative runs, it's like watching the Redskins on 1st down.

Christian McCaffrey had 22 carries for 31 yards and a touchdown and caught 4-of-5 targets for 26 yards and a second score in the Panthers' Week 6 win over the Bucs.

McCaffrey struggled on a per-play basis, but he salvaged his day with a pair of TDs. His rushing touchdown was a goal-line conversion and he scored on a screen pass from 25 yards out. This is just the second time McCaffrey has been held under 100 total yards this season. McCaffrey may have been slowed by a back injury he missed practice time with this week. He'll get a Week 7 bye to rest up.

CMC 2,000/1,000 WATCH V2.0

Game 6: 22 rushes 31 yards (1 TD), 4 receptions 26 yards (1 TD)

SEASON PROJECTION: 1,648 yds rushing, 813 yds receiving, 24 total TD's

Tough yardage vs the Bucs D... but still...  

BEAST.    :cool:  

Christian McCaffrey rushed 14 times for 117 yards and a touchdown in the Panthers' Week 8 loss to the 49ers, adding four receptions for 38 additional yards.

CMC didn’t let the Panthers’ generally abysmal offensive performance ruin his fantasy day, creating chunk plays as both a rusher and receiver thanks to his always excellent blend of speed and tackle-breaking ability. McCaffrey’s performance on the ground featured two 40-plus yard runs along with a third that was nullified by a hold. The Panthers' bell-cow RB has racked up 29, 18, 27, 37, 25, 26 and 18 touches in seven games this season. Continue to fire up McCaffrey as the overall fantasy RB1 ahead of next week's home matchup against the Titans.

Oct 27, 2019, 7:22 PM ET

Remember when people in this thread were coloring him to Danny wood head BC he’s white?  That was fun. lol 

I have to say, as a CMC dynasty owner, I am over the moon ecstatic with his talent, situation, and production.  He’s with a group of coaches that quickly recognized how talented he was and made him the centerpiece of their offense even with newton being the big dog there. 

He just tore up one of the best defenses I the league while the rest of his team took a huge steaming dump all around him.   BEAST.  there simply isn’t another RB I’d rather have rt now.  

Remember when people in this thread were coloring him to Danny wood head BC he’s white?  That was fun. lol 

I have to say, as a CMC dynasty owner, I am over the moon ecstatic with his talent, situation, and production.  He’s with a group of coaches that quickly recognized how talented he was and made him the centerpiece of their offense even with newton being the big dog there. 

He just tore up one of the best defenses I the league while the rest of his team took a huge steaming dump all around him.   BEAST.  there simply isn’t another RB I’d rather have rt now.  
I couldn’t agree more

Oh I remember very well.  LOL. I was in the thick of those battles and I'm happy to report that I was dead right about CMC way back in 2016.

CMC 1,000/1,000 WATCH V2.0

Game 7: 14 rushes 117 yards (1 TD), 4 receptions 38 yards

SEASON PROJECTION: 1,680 yds rushing, 784 yds receiving, 22 total TD's

Still a beast.

Run of the mill 38 point week. This is like the old college game where Oklahoma ran on most plays and rolled up yards vs Iowa State 

Run of the mill 38 point week. This is like the old college game where Oklahoma ran on most plays and rolled up yards vs Iowa State 
Saw that last 50 yarder coming. Just felt like the back breaker spot. This guy is such a stud. So nice when a coaching staff actually designs an offense to revolve around their best player. 

Did he get hurt on that long td run? 
He just looked exhausted and landed hard on his side.  But haven't read anything that's just my take.

From Twitter:

@SteveReedAP: Christian McCaffrey was evaluated for a concussion and cleared. He is not in on this series, but standing on the sideline. He appeared to hit his head after being tackled near the goal line after that 58-yard TD run.

My math has AP's BMI (combine) at 27.86.  I don't use inches, though so that probably changes things slightly.  That said, McCaffrey's is 28.17.  Peterson was also a year and a half older than McCaffrey is going into the draft.  McCaffrey is only 20 years old and he doesn't turn 21 until June.  I'd say a 28 BMI at age 20 is pretty damn good if we're going that route as far as trying to predict if he can handle the load.  I'm quite sure he can handle the load.  I REALLY hope he gets drafted by a team who plans on giving him 22+ touches per game.  If that happens, he WILL be a perennial pro bowler.  Mark my words.  He's silly good and has done it at a VERY young age.  He was 19 when he broke Barry's record, he has NFL and Olympic blood lines and is known to be an extremely hard worker (he is white after all)  <<<  inside joke for the staple white NFL er, he's gritty/hard-working/lunch pale.... type of guy.  McCaffrey has elite vision and patience which is why he doesn't need to make ankle breaking cuts.  I've said it a ton, he sees things a second or 2 before they happen.  He's special and I sure hope whoever drafts him sees it the same way.
According to some, this take showed a 'stunning lack of football acumen'.🤣

I love me some CMC. 

CMC 1,000/1,000 WATCH V2.0

Game 7: 14 rushes 117 yards (1 TD), 4 receptions 38 yards

Game 8: 24 rushes 146 yards (2 TD), 3 receptions 20 yards (1 TD)

SEASON PROJECTION: 1,762 yds rushing, 726 yds receiving, 26 total TD's (!)

RUN CMC!

Users who are viewing this thread