What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Christian McCaffrey, SF (4 Viewers)

I just bought Barkley in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty leagues, giving up Julio, Gurley, 1.3 pick for Barkley, Isabella, and Irv Smith Jr.  

CMC was sold in one of my FFPC leagues this off-season.

Gordon, OBJ, Jacobs for CMC, Keenan Allen

Didn't like it then, dont like it now.  Not nearly enough.

I just bought Barkley in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty leagues, giving up Julio, Gurley, 1.3 pick for Barkley, Isabella, and Irv Smith Jr.  
That's really, really cheap. Julio in dynasty? And Gurley? What is up with this owner? Is he paying att'n? I moved Julio because he'll be thirty-two in five months, and I love Julio. I just needed something for him to show so I traded him for 3/4 value even. 

Last edited by a moderator:
hispeedthinmint said:
Hey, it's captain obvious!
You upset everyone didn't agree with you on this one and lash out at someone?

You didn't seem to get that someone needs wowed with an offer to move off players like Barkley and CMC when you called his valuation insanely high.  I was trying to help you make the connection on you overvaluing your own players (Barkley), but thinking someone else has a crazy valuation (CMC) on a player equal or greater to in value.  Have a good one and stay excellent.

You upset everyone didn't agree with you on this one and lash out at someone?

You didn't seem to get that someone needs wowed with an offer to move off players like Barkley and CMC when you called his valuation insanely high.  I was trying to help you make the connection on you overvaluing your own players (Barkley), but thinking someone else has a crazy valuation (CMC) on a player equal or greater to in value.  Have a good one and stay excellent.
This was a nicer response than the one that immediately came to my mind. Nice job being excellent. :thumbup:  

I was offered CMC in dynasty PPR for my Henry & D. Hopkins or Dalvin Cook & Hopkins. I passed. Am I overvaluing my guys?

I also have Barkley & Fournette @ RB (Start 2 RB, 3 WR & 2 flex) & have Tyreek, M. Evans, MT, Golladay, AR15, Landry, Harry @ WR as well
With that team you can probably afford to move Henry and Hopkins for McC. A starting line-up of McC, Barkley, Cook, Thomas, Tyreek and any one of those other WRs seems pretty unbeatable. It also seems like there must be some really bad teams in your league - as that would be a great lineup in a 2 man league.

I can afford it, but it is an overpay? If so, how much of an overpay?
I'd probably stay put. I'm not sure McCaffrey is that big of an upgrade from what you have, and if the COVID stuff gets going, you may need that depth. 

McCaffrey is a 100% lock to regress some. Combined with a new staff and new QB, I wouldn't be shocked if Henry or Cook outproduced him, and Hopkins is a pretty massive second piece to add for a slight upgrade.

hispeedthinmint said:
He countered with my Fournette & Hopkins for CMC. Hmm...
Well that is an easy accept then. Fournette is a guy I'd be looking to get rid of before the bottom falls out. 

I rode CMC to a championship in one league last year, big fan.  But I just found out I have #1 pick in a non-PPR draft next week, and I will take Saquon. 

Partially. And partially because I think Saquon is equally as talented, and more due for a monster year. History suggests CMC is unlikely to be RB1 at the end of this season.  I do not like to pay for last years stats.  
Are you the guy who told me last year you weren’t interested in Kelce because no one had ever finished Te1 3 years in a row or something?

Christian McCaffrey rushed 23 times for 96 yards and two touchdowns in the Panthers' Week 1 loss to the Raiders, adding three receptions for 38 additional yards. 

There was nothing spectacular about McCaffrey's performance, as he produced a long run of 15 yards and a long reception of 16. Yet he remained ultra-reliable, especially near the goal line where he scored on a 6-yard run and a 3-yard run. The Panthers were driving for a potential game-winning touchdown, but Joe Brady elected to hand the ball off to FB Alex Armah on 4th & 1 instead of McCaffrey. The result did not go in their favor. McCaffrey remains a high end RB1 against the Bucs in Week 2.

- Rotoworld

I know it’s only week one ... but I’m thinking already that I’m a bad spot in my dynasty league.

trading CMC could bring in a huge haul - and get me back in track for the future. 

what type of package would you guys need to move him? 

at first thought I’m thinking 2 (1st’s) and a starter. Not many teams have that sort of draft capital obviously.

so ... you dynasty dudes - what would it take for you to move CMC?

I know it’s only week one ... but I’m thinking already that I’m a bad spot in my dynasty league.

trading CMC could bring in a huge haul - and get me back in track for the future. 

at first thought I’m thinking 2 (1st’s) and a starter. Not many teams have that sort of draft capital obviously.

I sold low prior to week one for CEH, Akers, Gibson.

More players than I'd be allowed to roster.

Christian McCaffrey (ankle) rushed 18 times for 59 yards and two touchdowns in the Panthers' Week 2 loss against the Bucs before exiting in the fourth quarter with an ankle injury.

Add CMC to the list of superstars who suffered an injury in Week 2, although McCaffrey's does not appear to be as serious as others. He jogged slowly off the field following his second touchdown run, and was seen having his ankle wrapped by trainers on the sideline while being announced as Questionable to return. After the Bucs scored the game-ending touchdown, CMC was then ruled out. McCaffrey added another four catches for 29 yards against Tamp Bay. Hopefully he is healthy enough to face the Chargers in Week 3. Mike Davis saw every snap in his absence.

- Rotoworld

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey (ankle) will miss multiple weeks. 

The league's injury Armageddon continues. McCaffrey underwent an MRI after suffering an ankle injury Sunday against the Bucs. Mike Davis came in for CMC Sunday and caught all eight of his targets for 74 yards, operating as the workhorse behind McCaffrey. He should be added in all leagues, and could be a boon for fantasy players in PPR leagues. Panthers HC Matt Rhule complimented Davis' training camp performance last month and made it clear he would be second in line behind CMC. Trenton Cannon, listed as Carolina's RB3 behind Davis, is a reasonable pick up in deep leagues. Davis could be a fine RB in Week 3 against the Chargers. 

- Rotoworld

CBS Sports has this also. 

Panthers' Christian McCaffrey: Expected to miss multiple weeks

23 mins ago

McCaffery (ankle) is expected to sit out "multiple weeks" due to the injury he sustained during Sunday's 31-17 loss to the Buccaneers, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

McCaffery suffered the injury late during the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss, and he's slated to undergo an MRI on Monday to officially determine the nature of his ankle issue. If the every-down superstar is indeed forced to miss multiple weeks, Mike Davis will be the top candidate to replace him in Carolina's backfield. Curtis Samuel and Trenton Cannon could also see reps at running back.

Users who are viewing this thread