What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Christian McCaffrey, SF (7 Viewers)

I'm glad you started this thread.

Just because he's white, doesn't mean everyone should compare him to just white guys. LOL He is NOTHING like Alstott was. Alstott had about 30 lbs on him and wasn't nearly as fast as McCaffrey is. He's about the same size as Jamaal Charles, but just about a 1/10 slower in the 40. Same thing with Peyton Hillis - he had more size than McCaffrey.

I was astounded at McCaffrey's speed and vision today. I had no idea he was that fast. I had not seen him play, and now I felt like I've missed out on watching him. He is going to be a fantastic player at the NFL level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read he is 212 and runs 4.48. Based on hands, speed and vision he should be a top RB in 2017 draft. But he's white and will be competing against the hoard of 2017 NFL draft eligible RB's. Could be a steal.

Just because he's white, doesn't mean everyone should compare him to just white guys. LOL He is NOTHING like Alstott was. Alstott had about 30 lbs on him and wasn't nearly as fast as McCaffrey is. He's about the same size as Jamaal Charles, but just about a 1/10 slower in the 40. Same thing with Peyton Hillis - he had more size than McCaffrey.

I was astounded at McCaffrey's speed and vision today. I had no idea he was that fast. I had not seen him play, and now I felt like I've missed out on watching him. He is going to be a fantastic player at the NFL level.
Think it may have gone over your head

Read he is 212 and runs 4.48. Based on hands, speed and vision he should be a top RB in 2017 draft. But he's white and will be competing against the hoard of 2017 NFL draft eligible RB's. Could be a steal.
40 times means zip with elusiveness like he displays. It'd just be a bonus.

Have seen comparisons to Gio, Westbrook

I'm impressed with his quick feet, hands and vision. Shows good toughness and versatility.

Runs between the tackles, doesn't go down on first contact.

Combine will be very important for the measurables, but he has everything else

Personally, if he is sub 4.5 and over 205lbs, I think he may sneak into the first round. Seriously.

The way the NFL game is evolving, it's easy to see him having success in the NFL

I have seen him listed as 6 201, 6'1 205, hes only 19 so you figure by the time hes fully grown into a man he should be 6'1 215sh pounds. He is the next Woodhead for sure!

buck naked said:

John Riggins comp down?

The only similarities between McCaffery and Czonka/Riggins is skin color. Very different running styles. Both Czonka and Riggins were power runners. and neither returned kicks IIRC.

This guy would be a nightmare in the NFL if the Patriots ever got a hold of him. I'm all for the Giants acquiring another McCaffrey.

Many of you are missing the sarcasm in this thread...

The elephant in the room is that he is white and there hasn't been a successful, quick twitch, white halfback in the history of the game.(not a fullback like Riggins and not a third down/part time back like Woodhead)

He'll be a marketing/brand sensation if he is the first all pro white halfback of the modern era.

The elephant in the room is that he is white and there hasn't been a successful, quick twitch, white halfback in the history of the game.(not a fullback like Riggins and not a third down/part time back like Woodhead)

He'll be a marketing/brand sensation if he is the first all pro white halfback of the modern era.
Lunch pail kind of kid. Country strong.

The elephant in the room is that he is white and

there hasn't been a successful, quick twitch, white halfback in the history of the game.(not a fullback like Riggins and not a third down/part time back like Woodhead)

High motor guy blessed with a high football IQ as well. Teammates love him.

there hasn't been a successful, quick twitch, white halfback in the history of the game.(not a fullback like Riggins and not a third down/part time back like Woodhead)

Gym rat. Gritty.

not to mention that every white WR in the past 15 years has been compared to his dad...

This guy would be a nightmare in the NFL if the Patriots ever got a hold of him. I'm all for the Giants acquiring another McCaffrey.
if he can figure out how, there's no way Elway doesn't draft him. Local kid, from Stanford, and Elway is all about nepotism.

Gym rat. Gritty.
Hard Worker. Smart.

SeniorVBDStudent said:
Ilov80s said:
Houston turmOiler said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Too small for the next level?
Does a lot of things well. Catches, returns kicks. Few every down backs anymore, got to think there's a place for him. Guy is just a good football player. Woodhead seems to be the obvious comparison right now...
Woodhead is an awful comparison.
Not really. Its woodhead with a little kevin faulk mixed in.
Those are both very short RBs that can almost hide behind an oline and get lost in the mix. McCaffrey is over 6 feet tall.

Rotoworld:

Stanford sophomore RB Christian McCaffrey set a Rose Bowl Game record with 368 total yards in Friday's 45-16 drubbing of Iowa.

In addition to setting the total yardage record, McCaffrey also became the first player in Rose Bowl Game history to record 100-plus rushing yards and 100-plus receiving yards. A further breakdown of the 6-foot, 197-pound sophomore's historic day: McCaffrey rushed for 172 yards on 18 carries (9.6 YPC average, long run of 30 yards), caught four passes for 105 yards (including a 75-yard touchdown reception just 11 seconds into the game), tacked on a 63-yard punt return touchdown early in the second quarter and added a 28-yard kick return (non-touchdown species) just for good measure. He might have lost the Heisman to Derrick Henry, but his performance in the Rose Bowl Game is as good an offensive performance as you're ever going to see.

Jan 1 - 8:41 PM

Gym rat. Gritty.
Hard Worker. Smart.
Student of the game.

Scrappy

Not true at all. Before he blew out his knee Craig James fit the bill. But there hasn't been a White guy like this since the King and Jon Arnett. If you are going to compare him to a guy from anything beyond that era it would be a smaller Marcus Allen or a faster Reggie Bush. Did this guy run track in high school?

Users who are viewing this thread