What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oregon Militia Takeover - Ammon Bundy arrested (3 Viewers)

So, the Pony Express finally delivered the news to these guys? Aren't they a couple years late and a few states west? Too many die of dysentery?

“The facility has been the tool to do all the tyranny that has been placed upon the Hammonds,” Ammon Bundy told the Oregonian, adding that he would not rule out violence. “We're planning on staying here for years, absolutely. This is not a decision we've made at the last minute.”
Neat group.

This is happening right now? Is this getting live coverage on CNN/FOX?
They took over an unoccupied wildlife refuge center or something. Not like a huge building in some busy downtown.
Oh, gotcha. It sounded like a bigger deal. Sounds like a bunch of nuts.

The militia guys are all from out-of-state. They are protesting on behalf of a couple ranchers who were convicted of starting a wildfire.

The ranchers are supposed to report to prison on Monday. The militia guys were hoping to create some sort of standoff to save the ranchers, but the ranchers have basically disowned them. So far the Sheriff's office has completely ignored them as well.

It may get interesting on Monday, but I have a feeling that the ranchers will go quietly and after a couple days the militia guys will get hungry and leave.

I'm trying to imagine the response if a group of heavily armed Black Lives Matter protestors took over a federal building in Baltimore. Or if a group of heavily armed Muslim Americans took over a federal building in Detroit. Would the government be cautious in response?

The facility has been the tool to do all the tyranny that has been placed upon the Hammonds, Ammon Bundy told the Oregonian, adding that he would not rule out violence. We're planning on staying here for years, absolutely. This is not a decision we've made at the last minute.
Neat group.
Oh, so they are protesting that hack Norm McDonald who stole the KFC Colonel job from uncle Darrell? Makes sense now.

Last edited by a moderator:
An unoccupied building on a wildlife refuge isn't exactly worthy of being called a high profile "federal building".

I'm trying to imagine the response if a group of heavily armed Black Lives Matter protestors took over a federal building in Baltimore. Or if a group of heavily armed Muslim Americans took over a federal building in Detroit. Would the government be cautious in response?
It's actually pretty easy to imagine the response, unfortunately....

What on Earth does that have to do with this?

“The facility (Malheur National Wildlife Refuge) has been the tool to do all the tyranny that has been placed upon the Hammonds,” Ammon Bundy told the Oregonian, adding that he would not rule out violence. “We're planning on staying here for years, absolutely. This is not a decision we've made at the last minute.”
Who knew Wildlife Refuges were such serious business.

This was Clive Bundy guy that Fox crowd was all pumped about until he dropped his sweet knowledge about "The Negro" right?
You guys make every thread something political. Why?
According to Adam Nagourney at the New York Times, here’s what Bundy had to say.

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

These guys just handed the gubmint a golden opportunity. The shark move here is to surround the facility at a safe distance and arrest anyone attempting to enter or leave the area. Then, sit back and wait. Eventually the terrorists will realize they're in a no win situation, and they'll either escalate or surrender.

Considering that BLM have been handled with kids gloves, it seems like a ridiculously stupid point. But you are the zen master at making ridiculously stupid posts these days. What has happened to you? It is like a switch went off in your brain and you lost all rationality.

I am trying to imagine what would happen if Hillary was president and Clive donated $200k to the Hillary library. The question becomes would Hillary pardon Clive immediately or would she wait until the 11th hour of her presidency?

I'm trying to imagine the response if it was a group of Swedish bikini model protesters taking over a federal baby oil and whipped cream processing facility.

I think the policy is to give those groups space to destroy things, but I'll grant you that this case appears to be a blatant and provocative violation of gun free zone laws.

I suspect the answer has a lot to do with whether there are hostages or not. If not, and the building is rarely used anyway, caution seems appropriate so as not to damage federal property. If there are hostages, caution still seems appropriate with these clowns or BLM, but not so much with ISIS supporters, as they tend to shoot the hostages rather than use them as bargaining chips.

This was Clive Bundy guy that Fox crowd was all pumped about until he dropped his sweet knowledge about "The Negro" right?
You guys make every thread something political. Why?
Isn't this whole occupation political?
In the most broadest interpretation of the term. Do you believe either party supports this?
In the most broadest interpretation of the term. Do you believe either party supports this?

Secretly? Probably lots.

A huge swath of people supported them/these types before. That time - had they just not said "Negroes" out loud...

The GOP has gone off the rails lately, but I think my least favorite thing about liberals these days is the tendency to tell us what everyone else is thinking. This is a new thing, right?

Users who are viewing this thread