What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (1 Viewer)

dgreen

Footballguy
Let's get this started.

Was 2015 another blip on the radar of the last 23 years or the start of being consistently competitive for multiple seasons?

How heavily do you want to commit to Kirk?

What offseason moves are you looking for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, started a week later than we all thought lol

The Kirk decision is the biggest of the offseason. I have no idea how much/long they'll sign him for. I wouldn't hate franchising him, just to make sure he wasn't a one year wonder. I think if we do a long-term deal, it would need to be one we could get out of after a year or 2, just to be safe on the team's end. Kirk certainly played well this year and will get paid for it. I just have no idea what that price tag should be. I'm glad we have someone like McCloughan here to make that decision and not Bruce/Dan or Vinny.

I really don't think we'll see major changes this offseason. We get 2 key guys back on the OL in Lavauo and Steiger. I think we'll add some more depth there, but that will probably be it for the OL.

Morris is another tough decision. I love Alf, but I don't know if he fits with what the offense is trying to do going forward. If he wants to come back on a hometown discount, by all means bring him back.

Like to see some depth added along the DL and in the secondary as well. Getting Culliver back should help.

First: thanks for starting this.

Second: Kirk -- I agree with Matt Fancy that it would be good to sign him to a creative deal for a few years to see how he does. However, this will depend on what his agent thinks he could pull from other teams. We aint going to lowball him with an offer good for us and not for him because he will just go free agent or force us to franchise him. Personally, I'd like to see some creative contract where we pay him a boat load of money but don't tie up as much cap space every year. For instance, sign him to a back heavy contract with less cap hit in current years and more in later years that allows us to cut or restructure him in later years. If needed, sweeten the pot with good signing bonus that makes him want to sign anyway. Throughout all of this, be prepared to franchise him. You cannot let him walk away though. I've heard people say, "but you'll get 2 # 1's". Yes, but without a QB we will still suck. They HAVE to sign him.

Third: I think we have the 21st pick in the draft. Where do you guys think we should focus that pick?

Fourth: Alf, I love him, but don't think he is worth signing to a large contract, particularly with other needs. I would try to sign him to a reasonable deal but if he won't do it we have to let him walk. We just cannot tie much cap money up with a player who is honestly having a marginal impact.

Fifth: DJax -- I woudn't mind keeping him but before pulling the trigger on that explore the possibility of drafting or trading for a speedster. I really think DJax is a game changer but fear that he also has liabilities such as injury and boneheadedness that may not justify a great deal of cap space. If we can';t find a replacement though, we need to resign him unfortunately. Don't do what Chip Kelly did. He cut off his nose to spite his face.

Sixth: Defense: I'm not sure what to say here. ON the one hand, I like our individual players. On the other hand, we really collapsed vs. GB. Something needs to be done there. Perhaps we still need to look for a truly dynamic pass rusher...someone who can wreak havoc in the backfield? I think our secondary is actually serviceable but feel that we need to wreak more mayhem up front.

Random worthless thoughts there...looking forward to hearing others...

Draft needs:

DT

Pass Rushing OLB

Safety

CB

DE

WR

sorta in that order of need.

Draft needs:

DT

Pass Rushing OLB

Safety

CB

DE

WR

IF Galette recovers, is re-signed, and can be impactful next season, OLB will be a team strength. Even if he doesn't, I'd lower OLB as a need based on Preston Smith's play the last month or so. Smith and Kerrigan make a decent duo. Sure, it's always good to add another pass rusher or two, but I wouldn't put it above safety as a team need.

On offense, I think RB will be a need and I'd like to see some improvement to the interior OL.

Draft needs:

DT

Pass Rushing OLB

Safety

CB

DE

WR

IF Galette recovers, is re-signed, and can be impactful next season, OLB will be a team strength. Even if he doesn't, I'd lower OLB as a need based on Preston Smith's play the last month or so. Smith and Kerrigan make a decent duo. Sure, it's always good to add another pass rusher or two, but I wouldn't put it above safety as a team need.

On offense, I think RB will be a need and I'd like to see some improvement to the interior OL.
I can see looking for a burner WR mid to late rounds in the draft, to start weening our way away from Jackson.

Anyone who can put heat on the passer will be welcomed.

RB i really think they are counting on Jones to be the man next year. Let's just hope he can solve the fumbling problem.

Depth in the secondary and offensive line would be nice. I'm not even opposed to taking another offensive lineman early. You just can't have enough of them, and we need to seriously upgrade our rushing attack.

RB i really think they are counting on Jones to be the man next year. Let's just hope he can solve the fumbling problem.
It's more than just fumbling. Too often, he lined up in the wrong spot, had some false starts, went the wrong way on runs/passes, wasn't looking on some passes, and missed some blitz assignments. And, on its own, I don't worry too much about that time he flipped the ball away after making a catch against the Bears, but I have to rethink that after all the mental mistakes he seemed to make.

His physical abilities are awesome. I love when he has the ball in his hands. But, he also put the offense in bad situations too often with his mistakes. Maybe a strong offseason can work that out and he can be the #1 guy next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they bring someone else in.

One thing that kind of bothers me with the whole Kirk contract talk is that he keeps saying, "I want to go where I'm wanted". Is he taking a shot at the organization or am I reading too much into that? If he wants to stay, why not just say, "I'd love to be here long-term"?

Draft needs:

DT

Pass Rushing OLB

Safety

CB

DE

WR

pretty sure preston smith played a ton of 'all fours' DE, which is where I project him next yr. I'm still seeing a need opposite Kerrigan if that's the case.

One thing that kind of bothers me with the whole Kirk contract talk is that he keeps saying, "I want to go where I'm wanted". Is he taking a shot at the organization or am I reading too much into that? If he wants to stay, why not just say, "I'd love to be here long-term"?
Translation: "Show Me The Money".

Just a total guess: Jay Gruden has wanted him. But Snyder has not always wanted him. I can see Snyder being a stubborn man. If he screws this up it will be a major bitter pill for Redskins fans to swallow. I'm not saying pay him whatever, but AT LEAST franchise him...I agree it's a funny statement, but I haven't seen the whole context either.

It's more than just fumbling. Too often, he lined up in the wrong spot, had some false starts, went the wrong way on runs/passes, wasn't looking on some passes, and missed some blitz assignments. And, on its own, I don't worry too much about that time he flipped the ball away after making a catch against the Bears, but I have to rethink that after all the mental mistakes he seemed to make.

His physical abilities are awesome. I love when he has the ball in his hands. But, he also put the offense in bad situations too often with his mistakes. Maybe a strong offseason can work that out and he can be the #1 guy next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they bring someone else in.
It seems like folks can pluck RB prospects late rounds so why not bring in competition, I agree.

I'm not impressed with Joe Barry. Seems like everyone is giving him a pass. The defense was terrible yesterday. The Packers had a make-shift offensive line and they were giving Rodgers all day to throw and opening hole for James freaking Starks. Packers were sacked over 5 times in two straight games. They have shown to be vulnerable against the blitz. Every time I looked we were only bringing 4 or sometimes even 3 pass rushers. Marshall Faulk said in the highlights that the Skins D line was playing patty cake. He said "there's no scheme there. They're just running". I think our defensive coordinator bar was low with Haslett here that Barry's terrible job this year is being overlooked.

He said something similar a couple weeks ago and it worried me then too. It's agent-speak. Whoever offers the money respects you the most. I don't want to franchise him. I think that's a waste of big money. 20 mil for one year is insane for where he is right now. Then we could be stuck in the same boat next year.

My season tickets are somewhat near the Redskins tunnel. After games, my kids like to head down closer to the tunnel to get a closer look. (But not me, of course, because I'm an adult and I'm not impressed with seeing professional athletes up close. :unsure: .) Since yesterday's game cleared out early, we were able to get a little closer than usual. I enjoyed watching McCloughan greet the players coming off the field as I think he does every game. Here's video from the Redskins with that:

https://twitter.com/Redskins/status/686653355188330496

In the video, and from what I saw, he seemed to have some special words for certain guys. After the Bills win, I remember seeing Scot and Jay give each other a big bear hug. Either Scot picked up Jay or Jay picked up Scot; can't remember which one.

On Kirk Cousins: he should get a Kaepernick or Tannehill type of deal. I have not looked out the specifics, but I think he should get around $90 M for 5 years ($18 M per year ave). A little less than half will be guaranteed. So around $42 M guaranteed. If Kirk flops, you can move on after two years. If he does well, you have him for 5. I would prefer to take the cap hits up front and not defer them. Otherwise, it gets harder to move on in years 3 or 4.

I think the biggest need are DL and OL. The one thing the Green Bay and first Dallas game showed is that the OL still has a lot of issues. They played remarkably well given how inexperienced they are and two starters were lost for most of the season. But they were badly exposed in some games. And the run blocking was never that good once we got to week 3.

The DL was beaten by GB's supposedly weak OL. They need a playmaker on the DL.

They need to improve at S and RB (assuming Alf leaves). You can always use upgrades at any position, including CB, WR, ILB, special teams.

Congrats to them on a nice season. Most of us pegged them between 6-10 and 8-8, and they overachieved. Some of that overachievement had to do with division rivals vastly underperforming, but no matter how they did it they made the playoffs.

To me the team is still tough to watch. Fan since 1971, but Snyder has still rubbed me wrong and I dislike everything he is. I don't care if he wants to win or not, the man is a jerk and liar. He ruined the team for so long that 1 small pearl of a season in 15+ years is not going to do anything more than keep me watching them on TV. No way I'll go to a game in Raljon, or buy jerseys, or spend a penny I really control that goes to Snyder. So while I am glad for the players, coaches and fans, at best my enjoyment watching the team is reserved. I do hope they win a SB, but it will never have the same enjoyment it did for me from 1971 - @1999. I am also glad they hired McCloughan. He piecemealed a roster that had enough heart and talent to overcome a lot of weaknesses.

1) Coaching has to improve a lot. Gruden is adequate. He is learning and I think he can improve. But he was outcoached many, many games this season. He will obviously be back next season, but if the team regresses he'll be out in my opinion.

2) Offense: It's close to very good. I've been a huge Cousins supporter for a long time and he outperformed even my expectations. But I do think he has some weaknesses that have started to show, and mainly show against quality teams. He can't handle pass protection breakdowns or ad-lib like the best QBs can. He's just a solid system guy. Although he had some comebacks, I think he gets frazzled when the team plays from behind. They do need to re-sign him because the only other option is starting over (again). With a little more depth the OL will be adequate. I think Moses run blocking and technique is a glaring weakness despite how much he was talked up. But add a couple of players for depth and it's a reasonable OL. Some TEs will return and that should be a strength next season. Need a big WR if you can find one. Probably should restructure Garcon and Jackson, hoping to keep either or both. But I think Jackson may be out. I think you can find a better player for what he's being paid. RB...hope they stay as is and find a way to keep Alf.

3) Defense: All those moves McCloughan last summer made were just stop gaps. The middle of the DL is very weak. They are desperate for more cover corners. They need more physical ILBs. I think they showed a ton of heart this year on D. But the talent is still missing. If Galette is back he will be a huge help. But I see getting more defensive talent in the secondary and middle of the defense as a point of emphasis for McCloughan this offseason.

Danny, please sell the team.

Until next season, all the best.

Offense:

1) Sign Cousins. Hopefully to like an Alex Smith type deal 4/68 - 17/year avg

2) Find a Center. Seeing Lich getting pushed back 3-5 yds on every play sucks. A solid Center with the rest of the pieces could make it one of the best in the league. Moses does need to get better but he's still young and can. Do everything to keep Callahan.

3) Need a young bigger WR - 1st/2nd round talent.

4) I think Jones can get it done. He should improve on the mental mistakes and he seemed to correct the fumbling issue. Redd is back from injury and can compete for the back up role with either a later draft pick or plethora of decent RBs that could be picked up. I don't see Alf back - Pierre Thomas fits the offense better.

Defense:

1) Need young talent about everywhere.

2) DL - Bye-bye Hatcher and his 10m cap hit. Bye-bye Potroast and 350 defensive snaps a season for 5m. 1st or 2nd round draft pick - later round pick too. At them moment there seems to be a few good FA possibilities past the top guys like Wilkerson and Jackson that could be signed for a reasonable amount.

3) LB - Galette resigning would be good. we have right of first refusal I believe. We need better ILB. Hoping Scot can find a gem in the 3rd or 4th. Maybe a FA if it makes sense.

4) DB - hopefully everyone comes back healthy. Safety help would be nice or maybe the young guys develop or Hall on a cap friendly contract gets better at FS.

Coaching:

I think the jury is still out on Gruden and Barry. This team was really devoid of talent at key positions. The secondary was just a mess in the playoff game so I can't totally blame Barry. They'll get a chance to show more next season.

One thing that kind of bothers me with the whole Kirk contract talk is that he keeps saying, "I want to go where I'm wanted". Is he taking a shot at the organization or am I reading too much into that? If he wants to stay, why not just say, "I'd love to be here long-term"
Update: apparently on the radio today Cousins did clarify this remark and in fact sounds like he is very warm to the idea of staying on the team. Check out:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2016/01/11/kirk-cousins-expects-contract-talks-to-last-a-while/

I'll just quote snippets here, but worth while to go and read the whole article.

From the article:

On Monday, Cousins was asked during his weekly radio appearance with 106.7 The Fan’s Grant Paulsen and Danny Rouhier if he’d prefer to strike a deal quickly or enjoy free agency for the first time in his career.

Despite the franchise tag ensuring a player is paid an average of the top five salaries at his position, many players frown upon being franchise tagged, rejecting the thought of being deprived the opportunity to be courted by other teams, as they’ve worked so hard to do, or putting off long-term financial stability for another year.

Cousins doesn’t appear to see it that way, at least not when asked whether he’d like to avoid being franchise tagged if possible.

“Yeah, I think when you look at the dollars and cents of it, like you said, to be paid among the top five in your position… why wouldn’t you like that?” he said.

“I think guys love having a long-term plan, love kind of knowing where they’re going to be, feeling like they can settle in, and the peace of mind that comes with that I think is what guys like. But for me, I’ll be happy either way. I think it’s kind of a win-win either way, and I think it was important for me to play well this season and earn the opportunity to be in a win-win situation, and while it wasn’t perfect, I think we’ve been able to do that and now it’s just a matter of figuring out what’s best for the team and best for me, and try to find a happy balance where we can operate with success for a long time going forward.”

Several weeks ago, Cousins spoke of his upcoming free agent status, saying, “I want to be where I’m wanted,” while also adding, “we’ll find out where I’m wanted in a few months.”

Cousins was asked again, with Washington’s season now over, if he feels wanted by the franchise.

“I think to this point we haven’t really discussed the specifics of that, but I do feel believed in here,” he said. “I feel like this organization, they put their necks on the line for me at the start of the season, and so that says a lot right there.”

Brunell4MVP said:
To me the team is still tough to watch. Fan since 1971, but Snyder has still rubbed me wrong and I dislike everything he is. I don't care if he wants to win or not, the man is a jerk and liar. He ruined the team for so long that 1 small pearl of a season in 15+ years is not going to do anything more than keep me watching them on TV. No way I'll go to a game in Raljon, or buy jerseys, or spend a penny I really control that goes to Snyder. So while I am glad for the players, coaches and fans, at best my enjoyment watching the team is reserved. I do hope they win a SB, but it will never have the same enjoyment it did for me from 1971 - @1999.
I'll drop the gloves for a second.

I know other people that feel this way, and I really just don't get it. #### Snyder. Fine. Got it. What I don't get is how you think your resentment towards him affects him in any way. You're just causing yourself drama. Not him. If you really didn't give a #### about Snyder, you wouldn't give a #### about Snyder. I don't. Hate him all you want. The Redskins are bigger than him. They were before him and they will be after him. Don't let his ownership define you as a fan. I don't. It's easy. I just don't give a #### about Snyder. Newsflash: he isn't the worst owner we've ever had. You don't need him to die to make you happy. He doesn't care. You shouldn't either.

rabblerabblerabblerabble

Believe it or not I deleted other ramblings in this post.

Hail

Put me down for getting rid of DeSean and hoping to restructure Garçon. It would also be great if a top WR fell to us in the draft.

RBs... I've loved Alf. LOVED him. Still do. I don't think he's a fit for Jay Gruden though. Good or bad, it just isn't a fit. I think it's an easy bet that he's gone. It would be cool to have an RB that the other team has to gameplay around, but seems like it is such a crap shoot sometimes from that guy to a cheap difference maker. I don't want to give Forte a top 5 RB in the league deal, but not sure we can strike David Johnson or Thomas Rawls gold. Or even Alf 2012. Lots of room in the middle. All about system with RBs these days. Just look at McCoy and Murray.

Jason Hatcher is considering retiring due to wear on his knees.

Junior Galette plans to be back next year.

Morris wants to be back. If they let him go they've made a mistake. I understand that he "doesn't fit Gruden's scheme" but Gruden's scheme hasn't exactly produced a decent running game. Build the offensive line, improve the run blocking (a huge weakness this year) and Morris is a starting RB for 3 more years and will produce solidly. Matt Jones, fumbles and injuries aren't good building blocks for a starting RB. Maybe he'll improve, maybe not. Thompson and Thomas are free agents I believe.

The Redskins signed seven players to futures contracts: RB Mack Brown, WR LaRon Byrd, T Takoby Cofield, DL Anthony Johnson, CB Al Louis-Jean, C Austin Reiter and LB Lynden Trail.
ILB is now a strength. Other than that the defense needs building up. I'm not impressed with Barry -- it seemed he had no answer for the Packers hurry up offense. Did he not know they'd run that? Still, he gets another year.

If they let Jackson go they can plan on their offense being more constipated next year. Short passes, crowded middle, crowded LOS, reduced offensive output. Work out a deal that's fair to the team and the player and sign him. Otherwise offensive output will regress.

Anyone think Jordan Reed makes it through next season uninjured?

TE is a weakness. None of them can run block and it affected the run game greatly. They have to be able to run.

TE is a weakness. None of them can run block and it affected the run game greatly. They have to be able to run.
Paul and Paulsen potentially back from injury, though, right?

Also was Carrier on a multi year deal?
I don't remember. Who has a link to one of those sites that has all the contracts and cap hits by year?

Jason Hatcher is considering retiring due to wear on his knees.

Junior Galette plans to be back next year.

Morris wants to be back. If they let him go they've made a mistake. I understand that he "doesn't fit Gruden's scheme" but Gruden's scheme hasn't exactly produced a decent running game. Build the offensive line, improve the run blocking (a huge weakness this year) and Morris is a starting RB for 3 more years and will produce solidly. Matt Jones, fumbles and injuries aren't good building blocks for a starting RB. Maybe he'll improve, maybe not. Thompson and Thomas are free agents I believe.

The Redskins signed seven players to futures contracts: RB Mack Brown, WR LaRon Byrd, T Takoby Cofield, DL Anthony Johnson, CB Al Louis-Jean, C Austin Reiter and LB Lynden Trail.
ILB is now a strength. Other than that the defense needs building up. I'm not impressed with Barry -- it seemed he had no answer for the Packers hurry up offense. Did he not know they'd run that? Still, he gets another year.

If they let Jackson go they can plan on their offense being more constipated next year. Short passes, crowded middle, crowded LOS, reduced offensive output. Work out a deal that's fair to the team and the player and sign him. Otherwise offensive output will regress.

This part was maddening. Sneaky little Aaron Rodgers always does that quick hike to draw you offsides or catch you off guard. It wasn't a surprise. He's been doing it all season. And yet, we seemed to be caught totally unaware. That one play Gruden trying to call time out....Rodgers scrambed around for a score. The defensive lineman were standing flatfooted as the ball was hiked.

It's like in the old days when Buffalo and Jim Kelly first started doing no huddle every play. You knew they were going to do it so you schemed for it up front. Why didn't we do that? Weak.

I wouldn't read too much into what people are saying right now. It's all positioning. Cousins wants to get the best situation he can. That means money, sure, but also other factors. He's probably comfortable in DC, and knows that if he took a big-money free-agent contract there would be tons of pressure for him to carry a crappy team. On the other hand, he has some leverage (Washington doesn't want to lose him, and they'd probably prefer not to franchise him) so there's nothing wrong with him reminding the team of that fact.

My guess is they come to a deal. The market has been set over the past few years by Tannehill, Kaepernick and Dalton, and I'm sure Cousins knows he's not going to get paid above that tier after one strong (half) season. His only chance was if he pulled a Flacco and took the team to a Super Bowl (and given how that contract has hamstrung the Ravens, it might have been best for Washington's long-term prospects that he didn't, though I'm sure Ravens fans would still gladly make that trade-off).

Carrier is signed thru 2017. Cap hits of 900k and 1.075 mil the next two years.
Low price, but is he even worth it?
He played pretty well when Reed was hurt.
True, but will he be needed if Paul and Paulsen are back?
Paul is more of a receiving threat and Paulsen more of a blocker. Carrier seemed more well rounded, I'd think he would displace Paulsen but since they are all under contract it'll probably be a good competition for minicamp.

Also was Carrier on a multi year deal?
I don't remember. Who has a link to one of those sites that has all the contracts and cap hits by year?
Salary Cap Link

Paul is more of a receiving threat and Paulsen more of a blocker. Carrier seemed more well rounded, I'd think he would displace Paulsen but since they are all under contract it'll probably be a good competition for minicamp.
Heading into the season, Niles Paul was the starter on the depth chart. I assume Paul is a more all around TE and would do quite a bit of blocking. And Reed would come in more often on passing downs.

So assuming everyone recovers from their injuries, my guess would be Reed and Paul at the top of the depth chart with Paulson and Carrier battling for the 3rd TE spot. Note that Paulsen is 3 1/2 years older, which will work against him.

I also would not rule out the Redskins drafting another TE. Good TEs can be found in the 3rd round of the draft and can be good value picks for GMs that can find them.

Heading into the season, Niles Paul was the starter on the depth chart. I assume Paul is a more all around TE and would do quite a bit of blocking. And Reed would come in more often on passing downs.

So assuming everyone recovers from their injuries, my guess would be Reed and Paul at the top of the depth chart with Paulson and Carrier battling for the 3rd TE spot. Note that Paulsen is 3 1/2 years older, which will work against him.

I also would not rule out the Redskins drafting another TE. Good TEs can be found in the 3rd round of the draft and can be good value picks for GMs that can find them.
I think Paulsen will be the odd man out. I'd also like them to sign Morris again too with all of the injuries to RBs this year you sure can't have enough of those.

Looks like Paulsen is a UFA.

Full list:

UFA

Terrance Knighton
Colt McCoy
Logan Paulsen
Darrel Young
Kedric Golston
Alex Smith
Pierre Thomas
Will Blackmon
Cary Williams
Mason Foster
Brian De la Puente
Junior Galette
Josh LeRibeus
Frank Kearse
Kirk Cousins
Keenan Robinson
Alfred Morris

RFA

Duke Ihenacho
Tom Compton

ERFA (exclusive rights RFA)

Chris Thompson
Will Compton
Tress Way

Since Reed is neither a pure TE nor a pure WR, I'd consider having 4 TEs and one less WR and let Reed play both roles. Seemed to struggle to have enough TEs dress some weeks while these extra WRs sat around doing nothing.

UFA

Terrance Knighton - Sure, I guess
Colt McCoy - Bring him back
Logan Paulsen - Maybe
Darrel Young - Doesn't play, so no
Kedric Golston - Whatever
Alex Smith - No
Pierre Thomas - Maybe
Will Blackmon - Sure
Cary Williams - No
Mason Foster - Yes
Brian De la Puente - Probably not
Junior Galette - Yes, assuming healthy
Josh LeRibeus - Whatever
Frank Kearse - Whatever
Kirk Cousins - Just don't break the bank
Keenan Robinson - Tough one
Alfred Morris - Move on

RFA

Duke Ihenacho - Probably keep
Tom Compton - Who else is going to report eligible?

Chris Thompson - Yes
Will Compton - Definitely
Tress Way - Sure

UFA

Terrance Knighton - Sure, I guess

Colt McCoy - Bring him back

Logan Paulsen - Maybe

Darrel Young - Doesn't play, so no

Kedric Golston - Whatever

Alex Smith - No

Pierre Thomas - Maybe

Will Blackmon - Sure

Cary Williams - No

Mason Foster - Yes

Brian De la Puente - Probably not

Junior Galette - Yes, assuming healthy

Josh LeRibeus - Whatever

Frank Kearse - Whatever

Kirk Cousins - Just don't break the bank

Keenan Robinson - Tough one

Alfred Morris - Move on

RFA

Duke Ihenacho - Probably keep

Tom Compton - Who else is going to report eligible?

Chris Thompson - Yes

Will Compton - Definitely

Tress Way - Sure
Although wasn't Ihenatcho supposedly a really good signing? He was supposed to anchor the secondary I thought but I could be remembering that wrong.

UFA

Terrance Knighton - No problem with bringing him back. Not sure I'd make it a super long deal, maybe 2-3 years.
Colt McCoy - Sure why not
Logan Paulsen - Need TE depth and he's a good blocker
Darrel Young - Personally, would love to have him back. But he isn't utilized properly in the new system
Kedric Golston - Meh. Been here awhile, but think he's replaceable
Alex Smith - Maybe only if we can't re-sign Paulsen
Pierre Thomas - Like what he did down the stretch, but that's what Thompson is for
Will Blackmon - Nice find off the streets and would bring him back
Cary Williams - Camp body at best?
Mason Foster - Definitely
Brian De la Puente - Meh
Junior Galette - What love to see he and Kerrigan paired together
Josh LeRibeus - Nope
Frank Kearse - Meh
Kirk Cousins - He'll be back, just question of for how long and how much. Would prefer a team friendly deal that's easy to escape in case old Kirk shows back up
Keenan Robinson - Like him in 2014, bust this season. Maybe some cheap 1yr prove it deal
Alfred Morris - Would love for him to be back. Just not sure he fits with the new run style

RFA

Duke Ihenacho - Hasn't stayed healthy since he's been here, but has some potential
Tom Compton - Meh

Chris Thompson - His speed is very useful
Will Compton - Sure why not
Tress Way - Best punter we've had in awhile, bring him back

It was nice to see you guys get turned around last year. Must be exciting to start this off-season already heading in the right direction. I hope Snyder can stay out of the picture for both the team and the fans sake. Good luck.

~Seahawks fan stuck in Redskins country

Users who are viewing this thread