Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Deshaun Watson - In Limbo with no real news happening, speculation & rumours filling the thread

Wikipedia / Tony Buzbee

...Buzbee earned a B.S. in Psychology from Texas A&M University and a J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center.[3]...

...In 2016, Buzbee hosted a fundraiser at his River Oaks mansion for then presidential candidate Donald Trump. Later on, following the release of the Access Hollywood tape, Buzbee disavowed Trump and stated his intention to write-in veteran Dan Moran for president.[14] Subsequently, Buzbee gave $500,000 to Trump's inauguration committee.[15]...

...In March 2016, Buzbee was arrested in Harris County on suspicion for driving while intoxicated.[22] In December of the same year, the Harris County District Attorney, Devon Anderson, personally dismissed the case.[23] Controversy ensued when it was revealed that Buzbee completed the year-long probation program in only eight months and had contributed to Anderson's election campaign in 2014....

• Thinking 1
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now you see why women are hesitant to come forward, you have 13 of them saying the same thing and still there is a not insignificant amount of people who assume they are just trying to hustle a bu

I find it humorous that some people think it's just an easy thing for a woman to lie about something like this about a high profile person, let alone finding 15+.  Like they just decide they're lookin

Any word on Bill Cosby?

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

i agree with this, but I also recall Kareem Hunt's incredible run in KC. And just like that, he's a Brown. 

Well the Chiefs claimed they cut Hunt because he lied to them and Watson sure did not lie to the Texans because he won't even return their calls.

• Laughing 1
1 minute ago, menobrown said:

Well the Chiefs claimed they cut Hunt because he lied to them and Watson sure did not lie to the Texans because he won't even return their calls.

Fair point. Still...it's not unprecedented that players get cut for less. 

4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I kinda feel like literally ANY coordination between Buzbee & the Texans = a conspiracy. 

I also think that's one hell of a gaslighting headline telling us to ignore the blatantly obvious. If there was coordination that led to the timing of this tanking Watson's value just as he was demanding a trade, that is absolutely a conspiracy. 

It doesn't mean Watson is innocent - those are mutually exclusive topics. But if Buzbee was sitting on this and given the go-ahead, it begs the question of what would have happened had Watson not demanded a trade, and would Buzbee have ever gone public? That in an of itself is deeply, scandalous if true. 

If you consider each franchise as competing in a business, which they are... then if McNair and Buzbee had conspired this would evolve into ant-trust. This would be a gigantic problem for McNair and Buzbee. 

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, dhockster said:

If that is true, than if all of them were consensual, wouldn't he have asked to use them again and wouldn't at least some them agreed because they were fine with it the first time?

This is just more evidence to prove that there's no such thing as a great HJ.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
3 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

I hate this crap.  I quit reading news because it was so negative and use fantasy football as an escape.  I guess there is no escape.

Yes, you’re the real victim here. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 3
Just now, Capella said:

Yes, you’re the real victim here. 

Good lord man.  That was a very weak sling of poop.  You turn a statement I made saying I hate reading about this kind of stuff and use fantasy football as an escape from all the negative news from MSM, into I'm not the real victim here.  You're a piece of work.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Yes. Is naivety and believing women as if we those of us who grew up with 5 sisters and a single mother dont know they just sit and make up stories, is that your position? lol

Is the better position just believing women without evidence cuz they say so when a lawyer begs people to contact him and make up stories? 

What type of evidence would you need to see to believe the claims?

3 hours ago, satch said:

To be fair, most of us don’t, and never will, know the Dalai Lama, but should we discover his fetish for deep taint messages and surprise rollover ejax I think it would be fair to say a character change appeared to have taken place. 

I just want to say that not enough discussion is happening about these messages on the Dalai Lama's taint.  Are they tattoos?  Or does he ink a new one there every day?  And are the messages themselves deep, or was that describing placement?

• Laughing 1
56 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Watson sure did not lie to the Texans because he won't even return their calls.

Texans should call him pretending to be a promiscuous yet discreet masseuse, he might take that call.

• Laughing 2
3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Yes. Is naivety and believing women as if we those of us who grew up with 5 sisters and a single mother dont know they just sit and make up stories, is that your position? lol

Is the better position just believing women without evidence cuz they say so when a lawyer begs people to contact him and make up stories? 

Can you give me an example where double digit women accused someone of sexual misconduct and they pretty much all had the same story?   And you are kindof being a jerk insinuating all of these women are lying when there is a fair share that look to have professional businesses and licenses. 

But if you can show me this stuff happens at this magnitude then I can always change my opinion.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

Thats a bold strategy cotton

If these women consented to some version of a rub 'n tug, they almost certainly would have done it before.  Shouldn't be too hard for the Watson defense team to find previous clients (unless they are married!).

I'm going to predict there will be no such evidence forthcoming.  But, I could be wrong.

27 minutes ago, zoonation said:

Consent defense taking shape

Not surprising.  It is the only chance he has.

That’s what I called from the jump. I agree - consent is what matters, and IF Watson has any messages/voicemails/DM/‘s saved with direct or implied agreements, this all goes away in a hot minute.

A little reputation damage as a handjob junkie, but there’s worse things to be known for (see: Aaron Hernandez/Ray Caruth).

Except of course for the questions that would then spring up surrounding the odd timing & this possibly shady attorney, & his relationship with the Texans, which could lead to significant trouble / consequences / actionable jeopardy for everyone involved (except Watson at that point). 

Not saying that’s what happened, i’m just looking at the if/thens of the matter. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, zoonation said:

What type of evidence would you need to see to believe the claims?

Names, and a legitimate criminal complaint filed in a court of law to be publicly tried in front of a judge and/or jury.

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

This just in, shocker...

One of them already tried blackmailing him.

But believe her, right?

Deshaun Watson's lawyer Rusty Hardin issued a statement saying "any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false." Hardin also said one of the plaintiffs attempted to blackmail Watson

Are you saying all 14 are lying?  Simple question.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Seems like you are convicting him, based on nothing but "hey he did this."

Rusty Hardin says all of this is false.

I don't think it is at all believable that one of the best football players on earth would dm random women on instagram for legitimate massage therapy needs.  That's just a start.  14 women and counting?  yeah, he did it.

2 minutes ago, nittanylion said:

Names, and a legitimate criminal complaint filed in a court of law to be publicly tried in front of a judge and/or jury.

that's not evidence.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yes! 14 unnamed jane does, lol. Yeah, every single one is lying.

Also...Rusty Hardin vs. Tony Buzbee is like Lakers vs. Kings in 2002.

You be you guy,  Holy hell, you be you.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Getting a message is not sexual assault. 

That really escalated quickly, eh?

it is when you expose yourself and touch women with your junk.   and, you didn't address my point anyway.  which is fine, I already know the answer.

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You are correct, but you cant get to that part without ay evidence and thats why that part isnt even a shot when 14 people accuse you and you still aint even questioned? 

Anyone can file a civil suit. I may file a sexual harassment suit tomorrow just because. 

oof.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Were you one of the dudes convicting Brian Banks?

You be one of those dudes who think you are woke cuz you believe women without evidence. 

What is it with a site full of mostly men in a manly game battling to be the most woke that they believe all women as if they get a medal?

Wait, men cant talk like men cuz, you know...wokeness. I'm a man, I'll defend men against men just believing women are traitors. How about that? 

People dont like it when you defend men.

I feel no shame for defending men against women who do this stuff all the time. And we know it, but nope...wokeness is what matters not reality.

Holy hell 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Fair point. Still...it's not unprecedented that players get cut for less. 

I think getting put on "stay away from the facility" type of status usually comes into play first.....like if there were team activities going on right now, the Texans would maybe say "just stay away for awhile"....

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, zoonation said:

If these women consented to some version of a rub 'n tug, they almost certainly would have done it before.  Shouldn't be too hard for the Watson defense team to find previous clients (unless they are married!).

I'm going to predict there will be no such evidence forthcoming.  But, I could be wrong.

Not too difficult to get someone to testify paying a woman to "get a message" in a national case? Lol, good luck. 

28 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Were you one of the dudes convicting Brian Banks?

You be one of those dudes who think you are woke cuz you believe women without evidence. 

What is it with a site full of mostly men in a manly game battling to be the most woke that they believe all women as if they get a medal?

Wait, men cant talk like men cuz, you know...wokeness. I'm a man, I'll defend men against men just believing women are traitors. How about that? 

People dont like it when you defend men.

I feel no shame for defending men against women who do this stuff all the time. And we know it, but nope...wokeness is what matters not reality.

Some serious incel vibes here. You need some help.

• Like 1

Why would you all argue on one side of the fence or another until this gets a chance to play out? We can all speculate. But this is a bit over the top where people are getting polarized. 

• Like 4

Somewhere Fonzie is sitting in a boat wearing a leather jacket, strapping on his water skis, staring at the direction this topic is headed and nodding solemnly. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1
1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Somewhere Fonzie is sitting in a boat wearing a leather jacket, strapping on his water skis, staring at the direction this topic is headed and nodding solemnly. 

Or Mr. Roper. 🙈🤪

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

:shark:

• Laughing 3

@sarahbarshop 31m

Deshaun Watson's lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said his law firm has "strong evidence" showing that one of the lawsuits alleging sexual assault against the Texans quarterback is false and that it "calls into question the legitimacy of the other cases."

3 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

@sarahbarshop 31m

Deshaun Watson's lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said his law firm has "strong evidence" showing that one of the lawsuits alleging sexual assault against the Texans quarterback is false and that it "calls into question the legitimacy of the other cases."

apparently the prosecutor hasn't released most of the names so the defense can't verify the others at the current time

In a statement, Deshaun Watson's lawyer Rusty Hardin said Tony Buzbee has refused his requests "to confidentially provide the names of the plaintiffs so we can fully investigate their claims makes uncovering the truth extremely difficult."

Edited by Soulfly3
  • Thinking 2

Looking for Cliff Notes here...

14 Civil Lawsuits alleging Sexual Misconduct? Is that current count?

No known criminal investigation?

Buzbee requested a Grand Jury? That’s a matter for the Harris County DA, right?

No comments from LE rn?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

No comments from LE rn?

Evidently, at 16 now. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/23/two-more-lawsuits-filed-against-deshaun-watson/

Still no LE involved that we know of. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Yes - wait, allegedly 16, all still on the word of the attorney. No one has come forward other than to be listed as a Jane Doe. 

No

Yes, but that could just be the attorney BSing. No known GJ has been convened 

No comments from LE rn?

No open investigation that we know of at this point, no. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Yes - wait, allegedly 16, all still on the word of the attorney. No one has come forward other than to be listed as a Jane Doe. 

No

Yes, but that could just be the attorney BSing. No known GJ has been convened 

No open investigation that we know of at this point, no. 

Not sure what you mean by “on the word of the attorney”.  16 lawsuits have been filed.  The fact that the plaintiff is Jane Doe for privacy reasons doesn’t call into question whether they exist or not. 

3 minutes ago, zoonation said:

Not sure what you mean by “on the word of the attorney”.  16 lawsuits have been filed.  The fact that the plaintiff is Jane Doe for privacy reasons doesn’t call into question whether they exist or not. 

I would assume there are some checks and balances - would anyone beyond Buzbee have independent verification of their identity? 

*at this point in the process. 

Edited by kittenmittens
2 minutes ago, zoonation said:

At what point does the accused get to face his accusers?

• Like 2
  • Faust changed the title to Deshaun Watson - In Limbo with no real news happening, speculation & rumours filling the thread