What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Deshaun Watson, CLE (2 Viewers)

I’m hopeful that can start tonight. Every game I watch he’s shedding a tackle and running for his life behind that line... he’s shaking free and not getting sacked at times, but not turning it into some of those crazy big plays I watched last year.

Im stubborn when it comes to the QB I draft every year. So my chips are in on Watson. Time to turn the ship around, starting tonight.

Looking backward at the Dolphins schedule, there hasn’t been too many QBs that have had studly performances against them. I don’t watch enough Dolphins football to know what their defense is built to do well.
Same here. Watson is still my best QB by far, even with the two stinkers the last two weeks. Really wanting to start him tonight, but am leaning against it. 

Had to trade Watson away to get AB, but FWIW, I'm still a believer and think he'll produce at a top 5 level ROS.

Dealt Watson for Mahomes in a bigger deal before the game today and this doesn't make me feel as ecstatic about it lol. Great game for him

The conservative offense is killing my need to start this guy. Less than 25 attempts in 5 straight games. I'm surviving it but eyeing the waiver wire for weekly plays. Anyone else doing the same? 

The conservative offense is killing my need to start this guy. Less than 25 attempts in 5 straight games. I'm surviving it but eyeing the waiver wire for weekly plays. Anyone else doing the same? 
One of the biggest busts of the year. Im going to pick up eith Jackson or Winston and start them over Watson this week. A game vs TEN seems like the same formula to me.

One of the biggest busts of the year. Im going to pick up eith Jackson or Winston and start them over Watson this week. A game vs TEN seems like the same formula to me.
I'm looking at Mayfield @ Cincy, Mullen @ TB, and maybe Winston as well. 

He was supposed to be a set it and forget it guy. Smh

Watson was over drafted because of how great he was in a small sample size last year. 

If you thought he would do that every game then yes you are dissapointed.

Still a very good QB.

i've been starting TB qb's since watson got hurt week 5.... its been a LOT of fun... (not)

i finally gave watson a start yesterday and he barely outscored benched fitzpatrick. 

texans dont have any reason to change what isnt broken.

Deshaun Watson completed 19-of-24 passes for 210 yards and two touchdowns in the Texans' 34-17, Week 12 win over the Titans on Monday night, adding 70 yards and a third touchdown on the ground.

Watson's 70 rushing yards marked a new season-best, and he scored on the ground for the first time since Week 4. His 24 attempts was also the sixth-straight game he's thrown the ball 25 times or fewer. Watson needs the rushing output at that low passing volume for fantasy purposes, and he was able to get it tonight, scoring on a designed run from 15 yards away. His two air scores were 12- and 10-yard connections with Demaryius Thomas. Watson gets the Browns in Week 13.

Nov 26 - 11:33 PM

Deshaun Watson completed 22-of-28 passes for 294 yards and two touchdowns in the Texans' Week 15 comeback win over the Jets.

Watson's line is even more impressive when you account for the six sacks he took on constant pressure throughout the day, inevitably making him the first quarterback to get sacked 50 times this season. Even so, he tacked on 26 yards with his legs prior to engineering his fifth fourth-quarter/overtime game-winning drive this season. Without Keke Coutee (hamstring), both of Watson's touchdown throws went directly to (who else?) DeAndre Hopkins. In spit of low volume, Watson will be a top-five play against Philadelphia's swiss-cheese secondary in Week 16.

Dec 15 - 8:04 PM

2019 NFL minicamp live: Best of rookies, veterans from teams in action

Excerpt:

At the end of the Texans' spring workouts, Bill O'Brien said he felt quarterback Deshaun Watson did "an excellent job of improving the things that we've asked him to improve" during the offseason. "His grasp of our offense is light years ahead of where it was, obviously, when he first got here, but I would say even last year," O'Brien said. "I think we've really gotten better there and I'm excited about where he's at right now."

I play in a weird distance TD, 2 QB league.  I have the #2 pick and I know Mahomes is going #1.....Traditionally, the top QB's go like dominoes in the 1st round......Its a strange league, scoring-wise, but very fun.....I screwed around and took Gurley in the first last season, ended up with Jimmy G as my #1 and fisnished almost dead last!

I've been focused on taking Wentz at #2.  He should have a top 5 and potential top 3 season.  I haven't liked Watson as much based on his O-line, and injury prone weapons.......Hell, I've even considered Mayfield or Goff at #2!.......now after the Miami trade to get a legit LT and Stills, and he's pretty much the consensus #2.  I'm pretty torn now, and I dont want to over-think it......I know its sounds like a weird league, and you dont wont know the specifics of the scoring (unless i list em out) but Im just curious if anyone wants to weigh in.....or make fun of me.....

I play in a weird distance TD, 2 QB league.  I have the #2 pick and I know Mahomes is going #1.....Traditionally, the top QB's go like dominoes in the 1st round......Its a strange league, scoring-wise, but very fun.....I screwed around and took Gurley in the first last season, ended up with Jimmy G as my #1 and fisnished almost dead last!

I've been focused on taking Wentz at #2.  He should have a top 5 and potential top 3 season.  I haven't liked Watson as much based on his O-line, and injury prone weapons.......Hell, I've even considered Mayfield or Goff at #2!.......now after the Miami trade to get a legit LT and Stills, and he's pretty much the consensus #2.  I'm pretty torn now, and I dont want to over-think it......I know its sounds like a weird league, and you dont wont know the specifics of the scoring (unless i list em out) but Im just curious if anyone wants to weigh in.....or make fun of me.....
Take Watson...

I have been playing in a league that the QBs score the same as RBs, WRs, and TEs. Mahomes went 1, Rodgers went 2, etc...

Take Watson...

I have been playing in a league that the QBs score the same as RBs, WRs, and TEs. Mahomes went 1, Rodgers went 2, etc...
Im considering Wentz, Rodgers, Matty Ice, and even Mayfield, to a lesser extent......Rodgers plays against really good defenses in his division, although Rodgers at his best, is obviously matchup proof.....Matty is prolly the safest pick with lowest floor.....Wentz and Mayfield are lottery tickets...high ceiling, lower floors, imo......Watson has a super high ceiling and a bad defense, but I just don't like Houston!  

Last edited by a moderator:
Im considering Wentz, Rodgers, Matty Ice, and even Mayfield, to a lesser extent......Rodgers plays against really good defenses in his division, although Rodgers at his best, is obviously matchup proof.....Matty is prolly the safest pick with lowest floor.....Wentz and Mayfield are lottery tickets...high ceiling, lower floors, imo......Watson has a super high ceiling and a bad defense, but I just don't like Houston!  
I just grabbed Watson at 39 last night in a pretty standard league. He was listed at 44 and I didn't want to wait, really. I had him last year. While his year seemed pedestrian, he was playing behind an awful line and still delivered a championship via his floors.

I just grabbed Watson at 39 last night in a pretty standard league. He was listed at 44 and I didn't want to wait, really. I had him last year. While his year seemed pedestrian, he was playing behind an awful line and still delivered a championship via his floors.
Yea, his numbers, thus far in his career are elite. Plus, his HC, who is also the GM, mortgaged the future to win now.  Hes trying to save his job, so not playing conservative with his star players I'm betting.....which bodes well for Watsons rushing numbers too.....as long as he avoids injury......I think I'm trying to talk myself into Watson over Wentz at this point.

Yea, his numbers, thus far in his career are elite. Plus, his HC, who is also the GM, mortgaged the future to win now.  Hes trying to save his job, so not playing conservative with his star players I'm betting.....which bodes well for Watsons rushing numbers too.....as long as he avoids injury......I think I'm trying to talk myself into Watson over Wentz at this point.
I'm not familiar enough with Wentz to give a really informed opinion partially because his seasons get...well...truncated, which is never good.

It’s funny I had the same Watson vs Wentz decision when I was ready to take a Qb and went with Watson.  Not sure if I am ready to label Wentz injury prone just yet but it does get the spidey senses nervous on him as a relatively high pick.

I'm not familiar enough with Wentz to give a really informed opinion partially because his seasons get...well...truncated, which is never good.
i think Eagles defense is significantly better than Houston defense, so Watson may be asked to do more. the Eagles will also have a running game that i'm not sure Houston will have. that is both good and bad, but Watson will have multiple weapons to throw to. i think if you think Houston will be .500 or better he will beat out Wentz in fantasy

Add a really good LT, plus Stills gives the Texans passing game a lift.  Hopkins, Fuller V, Coutee and Stills?   Can’t cover them all...not to mention Duke out of the backfield....Watson is going to have a big year IMVHO..
Agreed.  As a Texans fan, I hate the overall makeup of the team but I think this bodes well for Watson.  I see them playing a lot of catch up with the weak defense and likely non-existent running game.  

he might be the most undervalued dynasty qb out there. actually, it is undeniable
How can the (nearly consensus) #2 dynasty QB be undervalued? You can't really blame the people who have Mahomes at #1 given how good he's been so far and the injury risk with Watson. 

I own them both, so I like to think that I'm not biased one way or the other. I wouldn't give anyone who prefers one over the other a hard time, to be honest. 

undervalued because he doesn't get talked about like the consensus#2 dynasty qb, he barely gets talked about

That isn’t undervalued, it is under hyped.  You can’t be undervalued at #2 unless you should be #1.
You can be ranked as the #2 dynasty QB and still be undervalued, without needing to be ranked as the #1 QB.  I can view Watson as the clear #2 dynasty QB,l behind Mahomes, but if I’m willing to trade Watson for Devonta Freeman (because Watson is a QB) then it’s likely I’m undervaluing him.  His dynasty value doesn’t relate solely to other QBs.

Deshaun Watson completed 20-of-30 passes for 268 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception in the Texans' 30-28, Week 1 loss to the Saints Monday night, adding a fourth touchdowns and 40 rushing yards on the ground.

Watson got the scoring started with a helicoptering 21-yard touchdown run on 4th-and-1. He was hit as he soared through the air into the end zone and appeared to injure his back on the play. Watson spent the rest of the game in and out of the medical tent and getting bask massages on the sideline after the awkward fall. That didn't keep him from lighting up the stat sheet. Watson later found DeAndre Hopkins for two- and 16-yard touchdowns in the second and third quarters. And with 37 seconds left in the fourth quarter, Watson stood firm in the pocket and threw a strike to Kenny Stills for a 37-yard touchdown to put the Texans up by one only to see Saints K Wil Lutz make a field goal as time expired. Watson also took six sacks in this one after taking a league-high 62 in 2018. Watson will be a top-three QB1 next week at home against the Jaguars.

Sep 9, 2019, 10:29 PM ET

Deshaun Watson completed just 16-of-29 passes for 159 scoreless yards in the Texans' Week 2 win over the Jaguars.

He rushed four times for five yards and one touchdown, which somewhat saved his fantasy day, though it still obviously wasn't very good. The Texans were terrible, but the Jaguars were worse. Watson will try to rebound in a road game against the Chargers next week, though him taking so many sacks remains a problem.

Sep 15, 2019, 4:44 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread