What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Deshaun Watson, CLE (7 Viewers)

He lied about the police calling his office per the police. 

He probably lied about being able to recognize the Mcnairs on the street given his manziel billboards social media post from 7 years ago. 

He's saying that this lawsuit is about preventing other victims from suffering, but hasn't involved law enforcement. 

The guy being full of crap is not mutually exclusive with Watson being innocent of course but it seems like he is brazenly bending the truth. 
He clarified that issue later and said that a “detective” contacted him, not the HPD. 

If the owner doesn’t intend to trade him then it doesn’t matter. If the owner has dissuaded other teams from wanting him then it is play for Texans or not at all. It seems far fetched, but something strange is occurring. On the one hand look at all the women coming forth... on the other, what weird timing and lawyer lying and rented billboard to convince McNair to draft Manziel yet says he knows no Mcnairs that are his neighbors. This is something you see the Ewing’s of Dallas soap opera wrapped up in. 
Seems like a very high risk and low reward scheme, if it is in fact some scheme, for this lawyer.

So yeah, there is something to this.

I’d read the attorney is a neighbor of the team owner? That would add some shadiness if true. 
When this story broke a few days ago I heard the attorney claimed to be his neighbor so I looked up their address, saw they live on the same street, went ahead and google earthed them and their houses are literally right next to each other, separated only by a street which runs parallel between both houses.

Now to be clear that's Bob McNair's house, were his ex-wive lives but the McNair's own another house right next to them so the idea he has no idea who Cal is is BS. Does not prove anything but it's a lie.

When this story broke a few days ago I heard the attorney claimed to be his neighbor so I looked up their address, saw they live on the same street, went ahead and google earthed them and their houses are literally right next to each other, separated only by a street which runs parallel between both houses.

Now to be clear that's Bob McNair's house, were his ex-wive lives but the McNair's own another house right next to them so the idea he has no idea who Cal is is BS. Does not prove anything but it's a lie.
When you say next to each other does that mean like 2-3 miles away? Because I imagine people like McNair and Busbee living in JR Ewing-style ranches.

:oldunsure:

(never you mind kiddos, it was a long time ago)

Last edited by a moderator:

Buzbee is a major character, known for high-profile flamboyant media stunts such as bringing a wheelbarrow of manure to a mayoral debate when he ran for mayor a few years ago and parking a Sherman Tank illegally on the main road in front of his house for months that you are talking about in River Oaks. He hosted a massive Super Bowl party at that house when it was in Houston last time and had $21M in artwork stolen from his home. He also married into serious old money a few years ago and owns multiple properties including a 7K acre ranch. Both he and the McNairs own properties in River Oaks on the main road leading into the clubhouse. That's the most prestigious and expensive neighborhood in Houston on THE most prestigious and sought after road where everybody who is anybody rich in Houston wants to own property for status.

Honestly, the fact that two multi-multi-millionaires in Houston have homes near each other doesn't mean a whole lot. These are huge like 10K sq foot mansions in that part of the neighborhood, it's not like he'd walk out to get his morning paper and waive at Bob McNair's ex-wife in the morning.

Buzbee is a major character, known for high-profile flamboyant media stunts such as bringing a wheelbarrow of manure to a mayoral debate when he ran for mayor a few years ago and parking a Sherman Tank illegally on the main road in front of his house for months that you are talking about in River Oaks. He hosted a massive Super Bowl party at that house when it was in Houston last time and had $21M in artwork stolen from his home. He also married into serious old money a few years ago and owns multiple properties including a 7K acre ranch. Both he and the McNairs own properties in River Oaks on the main road leading into the clubhouse. That's the most prestigious and expensive neighborhood in Houston on THE most prestigious and sought after road where everybody who is anybody rich in Houston wants to own property for status.

Honestly, the fact that two multi-multi-millionaires in Houston have homes near each other doesn't mean a whole lot. These are huge like 10K sq foot mansions in that part of the neighborhood, it's not like he'd walk out to get his morning paper and waive at Bob McNair's ex-wife in the morning.
What is the status of having these houses worth if other mega wealthy people in your exclusive elite rich circle (and country club?) wouldn't have any idea who you were if they saw you on the street? 

That’s the problem with the world today. Sports athletes and men in general are extremely exposed. I’m not saying Deshaun is guilty or not guilty. Women, children, and minorities hold all the cards these days. They can say or make up anything they want for financial or public gain with next to ZERO consequence yet on the flip side Deshaun's, life, reputation, and career are on the line. Very very sad world we live in. 

That’s the problem with the world today. Sports athletes and men in general are extremely exposed. I’m not saying Deshaun is guilty or not guilty. Women, children, and minorities hold all the cards these days. They can say or make up anything they want for financial or public gain with next to ZERO consequence yet on the flip side Deshaun's, life, reputation, and career are on the line. Very very sad world we live in. 
The pendulum swings.  I don't like it, especially as the father of 4 boys. But let's not pretend like guys haven't been able to get away with crap for many years.

PFT has been reading the forum:

It’s hard to believe that Buzbee doesn’t know that Cal McNair’s name is “Cal McNair,” or that Buzbee doesn’t know what Cal McNair looks like. Taking such an extreme position calls the credibility of the denial into question, and it invites curiosity as to whether he’s opting to throw as much dirt as possible on any potential connection, going so far as to feign ignorance of Cal McNair’s first name.

As Houston native Charean Williams said on Friday’s PFT PM, everyone in Houston knows who Tony Buzbee is, and everyone in Houston knows who Cal McNair is.

The pendulum swings.  I don't like it, especially as the father of 4 boys. But let's not pretend like guys haven't been able to get away with crap for many years.
Agreed 100 percent. I’m not blind to the other side. Not that it matters but I’m a father to 2 girls. We openly discuss these matters quite frequently. The last 2 years or so the world has become so unbelievably sensitive. Everyone is using the system to expose someone, use their sex, age, or background, etc, etc for some sort of gain. The worst part is we are setting the precedent that all of this is ok and digging the hole even deeper. 

I think as someone stated earlier. The ZERO police reports speaks volumes. 

If it turns out Deshaun was innocent in all of this and my daughter happened to be one of the massage therapists involved you better believe she would have some consequences coming her way. 

What is the status of having these houses worth if other mega wealthy people in your exclusive elite rich circle (and country club?) wouldn't have any idea who you were if they saw you on the street? 
listen I know developers who build skyscrapers together but can’t remember each other a few years later

Just so I am clear, this lawyer doesn’t attend Easterby’s gospel? Nor do any victims? Are we certain Easterby is not involved? 🤣

There’s some truth there, but also in light of your comment about minorities, consider the power structure here: Deshaun is black, and this is putting him in a position where some folks may not presume innocence until proven guilty. 

Looking at this situation I remain skeptical, given Watson’s track record. 

Hypothetically, a team owner is wealthy enough that if they wanted to say, hire a shady attorney, who would then (hypothetically) pay X # of women $250k each to make a fraudulent claim, it might be considered a prudent move to prevent that player from leaving your team if the amount of $ their team makes by having that player on the roster dramatically exceeds the amount that it would cost for the attorney & alleged victims.

I’m speculating here, but that scenario sure seems to make more sense than “squeaky clean player who’s never had any issues through HS to college to present demands a trade & out of nowhere the owner’s next door neighbor comes up with 10 victims he allegedly assaulted”. That’s just way too convenient. 

Again, this is a hypothetical based on nothing but my imagination - I’m not saying this happened & have no proof of anything. But when looking at the two possibilities, one seems more likely than the other. I’ve learned to not  underestimate the vindictive nature of very powerful people when scorned. 

So I’m gonna hold our judgement until Watson’s attorneys have addressed this. I have a suspicion he’s getting railroaded. 

It really is a sad state of affairs when people are prepared to create wild conspiracy theories to defend a pro sports athlete rather than believe two dozen women who all tell the same story. 

also, he can’t be a pervert because he is a good teammate in the locker room?  What?
It's a sad state of affairs to pick a side before knowing really anything.

It really is a sad state of affairs when people are prepared to create wild conspiracy theories to defend a pro sports athlete rather than believe two dozen women who all tell the same story. 

also, he can’t be a pervert because he is a good teammate in the locker room?  What?
really not sure why they haven’t already started to debit his account for the settlement payments we know are coming.

I gotta be honest, if I owned an M4 Sherman there would be an endless stream of opportunities to drive/park it somewhere, and some of those would be felicitous.

The unbelievable exaggeration in this day and age is jaw dropping too. Who’s to say Watson wasn’t picking up on some ques these women were giving? Massaging a little extra close to his soldier or rubbing up against him. Whether for a big tip or throwing him some signals this happens. So he acts out on this and he’s guilty and they’re not??? And you think they don’t know who he is before he goes for these massages either. 

The unbelievable exaggeration in this day and age is jaw dropping too. Who’s to say Watson wasn’t picking up on some ques these women were giving? Massaging a little extra close to his soldier or rubbing up against him. Whether for a big tip or throwing him some signals this happens. So he acts out on this and he’s guilty and they’re not??? And you think they don’t know who he is before he goes for these massages either. 
The women say it.  Soon to be 22 of them apparently. That’s who.  The fact that a top 5 QB was reaching out to dozens of random Instagram girls privately for massages makes zero sense.  Unless you’re looking for more than a massage. 

By multiple women?  If it was 1 or 2 then I would be open minded about this but its 20 or so now and his behavior isnt doing him any favors
How sure are we about that?  We don't have 20 some women out in the media accusing this as far as I have seen. We have one lawyer saying he has 22 woman saying this. 

Isn't it suspicious that all 22 women are using this same lawyer who is seemingly making this as big of a spectacle as possible?  Zero of these 22 women want a different lawyer who handles this much differently? 

I'm no legal expert to know if this stuff is normal for a case like this.  Would appreciate an education from other posters. 

I'm keeping an open mind here because I don't want to be too quick to judge.  Suspicious stuff on both sides at the moment. 

The women say it.  Soon to be 22 of them apparently. That’s who.  The fact that a top 5 QB was reaching out to dozens of random Instagram girls privately for massages makes zero sense.  Unless you’re looking for more than a massage. 
It makes zero sense either way.  It's even dumber -  much, much dumber - to do that when looking for more than a massage. 

Watson is blindly propositioning countless Instagram massuesues? Even after this lawsuit was made known to him?  doesn't seem to fit occams razor either. 

It makes zero sense either way.  It's even dumber -  much, much dumber - to do that when looking for more than a massage. 

Watson is blindly propositioning countless Instagram massuesues? Even after this lawsuit was made known to him?  doesn't seem to fit occams razor either. 
He’s addicted?

He’s addicted?
Could be.  This whole thing is just messed up. 

I think the he's addicted explanation is about as likely as the conspiracy by the Texans.

I don't believe that conspiracy either, but... To those wondering why the Texans would intentionally ruin Watson trade value, they have already shown that they value PR over football right now.  Football isn't the top priority there, clearly.  Maybe a billionaire ego who inherited the money is trying to make an example of his "inmate" for trying to buck the system.  I don't believe that but it's plausible. 

Until a shred of evidence emerges that the team is in any way involved, the narrative that they are involved is pure conspiracy theory.  Wild conspiracy theory.  

How sure are we about that?  We don't have 20 some women out in the media accusing this as far as I have seen. We have one lawyer saying he has 22 woman saying this. 

Isn't it suspicious that all 22 women are using this same lawyer who is seemingly making this as big of a spectacle as possible?  Zero of these 22 women want a different lawyer who handles this much differently? 

I'm no legal expert to know if this stuff is normal for a case like this.  Would appreciate an education from other posters. 

I'm keeping an open mind here because I don't want to be too quick to judge.  Suspicious stuff on both sides at the moment. 
That’s my issue as well. It all came out of left field and we’ve got one attorney who’s a neighbor of the owner, saying this at the most damaging time for a player who wanted out of the team. 

perhaps it’s my suspicious nature. 

maybe it’s all true & just an unbelievanle coincidence.

I’m not gonna go all-in on the narrative of one lawyer. I’ve known and known of too many crappy lying lawyers. 

Until a shred of evidence emerges that the team is in any way involved, the narrative that they are involved is pure conspiracy theory.  Wild conspiracy theory.  
And yet you’ll believe the attorney hook line & sinker without a shred of evidence? 

Ooooooookay. :shrug:  

Let's say it's all a conspiracy.  Which side is the lawyer on?  Is he for or against the Texans owner?

Being a neighbor sure as heck doesnt mean you like each other.  Quite the opposite much of the time

None of it makes sense.

so let’s all wait until we know more so it does. 

And I’ll be the 1st to speak out on behalf of these women if there’s some proof of his alleged assault on them. That’s unacceptable & I am vehemently on the side of the victims. 

unless we learn that Watson is the victim of a shake-down, which wouldn’t be unprecedented nor would it be considered a wild conspiracy. 

Let's say it's all a conspiracy.  Which side is the lawyer on?  Is he for or against the Texans owner?

Being a neighbor sure as heck doesnt mean you like each other.  Quite the opposite much of the time
Depends who hired him. But who knows. If it’s a conspiracy, see my hypotheticals in my previous post. 

If it’s an independent thing, then the attorney sure has a flair for timing. 

And what’s a super wealthy high profile attorney associating with masseuses? Were these women sports massage therapists or rub & tug shop girls? Why would this dude be the guy they all ran to?

I’m just having a hard time making sense out of any side here. 

I don’t believe 20 women would lie.  
Who are the 20 women? Got pics? Quotes? Police statements? Any shred of evidence they even exist? 

seems pretty crappy to ruin a guy’s career with nothing but an allegation by one dude. 

Or do you have nothing? Seems like nothing.

And with that we have Watson’s track record as a choir boy. So there’s that. 

I’d like to see some evidence. 

Also, maybe we should compare the treatment of someone like Payton Manning, who DEFINITELY put his junk on a sports massage therapist, and suffered exactly no consequences. Wonder what the difference between Manning & Watson is? 🤔 

I’m just sayin - some of this story doesn’t add up, wild conspiracies aside. 

Depends who hired him. But who knows. If it’s a conspiracy, see my hypotheticals in my previous post. 

If it’s an independent thing, then the attorney sure has a flair for timing. 

And what’s a super wealthy high profile attorney associating with masseuses? Were these women sports massage therapists or rub & tug shop girls? Why would this dude be the guy they all ran to?

I’m just a hard time making sense out of any side here. 
This guys seems like the worst possible attorney for this type of case. Unless it's a shakedown.  Then he's the best?

Agreed, nothing makes sense here. 

The Texans don't give a #### about their football team though, that is clear. I don't think you can prescribe football motivations to their actions (JJ Watt). 

Why would they just release JJ Watt who has trade value?  How does that help them? 

(Going for a PR win) 

Not saying conspiracy, just saying the logic to rule it out has been flawed so far. 

Users who are viewing this thread