Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

QB Deshaun Watson, HOU - 09.12.21 - Adam Schefter reports the Texans are seeking a combination of six players and picks in a Deshaun Watson trade


Faust

Recommended Posts


 

Quote

mike freeman @mikefreemannfl

It will sound odd to say after so many accusations against Watson, but Jenny Vrentas’ reporting is a watershed moment. Jenny is one of the best of the best and the accuser she speaks to isn’t a Buzzbe client. 
I think this case will force the NFL to take action against Watson.

https://twitter.com/mikefreemannfl/status/1376645563177971723?s=21

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Why did you like it better when women could be assaulted without anyone knowing or being able to put an end to it?

I didn’t like it.  I’m just saying I don’t want to know about this.  I think we’re inundated with bad news because of the internet.  Everything you read is 90% bad news.  That can’t be healthy for people’s mental state.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I didn’t like it.  I’m just saying I don’t want to know about this.  I think we’re inundated with bad news because of the internet.  Everything you read is 90% bad news.  That can’t be healthy for people’s mental state.

Meh.  That’s why I don’t watch the news on TV and rarely read much about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Faust said:

Mike Freeman, USA Today Sports 'Race and Inequality Editor'. What? who worked previous stints for the NYT and my hometown (com)Post?

Umm 'Take his opinion on this matter with a grain of salt for $1000, Alex'!

'Race and Inequality Editor'...c'mon, man.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

I didn’t like it.  I’m just saying I don’t want to know about this.  I think we’re inundated with bad news because of the internet.  Everything you read is 90% bad news.  That can’t be healthy for people’s mental state.

It isn't good for people's mental health, you are 100% spot on in my book. I watch NFL games and very little else on TV. I stopped watching news all together sometime during the pandemic. Not to get off topic but folks would do great to just keep those TVs off when not watching a live sporting event and even then I gotta turn down the announcers a good chunk of the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watson did this all wrong. You fly TO VEGAS yourself, not fly them in to see you. You book a room at the Bellagio(I've heard) and you can get a "masseuse" for anything you desire, this comes down to Watson being cheap and lazy. 

There are websites that run ads for a "Masseuse" in most local areas, most of those women are running ads that indicate it is a sensual massage and that there will be a happy ending to the get together, whatever that happy ending means to you. 

Lets not pretend that the oldest profession in the book has not come under intense heat with many sites being over taken by the FBI and I think you all know why and where I am going with this but it revolves around human trafficking. 

I don't think Watson is involved in any of that but I definitely think he views any masseuse that will get on a plane and land in another city to massage him as being open to any of his advances. I would like to know what these ladies were charging to massage him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you shelled out $500 lets say for a an Hour of massage therapy with a lady who was willing to board a plane, do you think most guys would be under the impression they might get a little extra at the end? 

He could have had a pornstar come massage his groin for an entire weekend if he woulda just shelled out the money, this is going to cost him so much more in the end. 

What on God's Green Earth are these pro athletes thinking? They got nobody around them to put in the stoppers and say "Hey DeShaun, I know they have team therapists that are way better than Hot Bunny the Masseuse. So let's go get you what you really want at the Bunny Ranch and stop playing games." But nobody cares and the egos are so big but soft so they surround themselves with pushovers. 

I should be a full time Manager for athletes with lots of money and need mentoring on how to get away with things and not get caught. Be smart about it.  

Edited by Ministry of Pain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

 

I should be a full time Manager for athletes with lots of money and need mentoring on how to get away with things and not get caught. Be smart about it.  

There's a reason all pron isn't just, "women who come over for money and do whatever you like".

If all this is true, it's clearly his thing, his fetish. 

 

 

Being mystified about guys doing dumb stuff to get off is dang hilarious.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, menobrown said:

Let me explain to some of you why I said in "many ways' her account is good for him.

First let's start with what should be have been understood but seems to have passed over a few of you that in "many ways" does not mean "in totality".

"Mary' sounded very credible. She at this point has not entered into a civil suit, does not seem to want anything as of yet.

If you believe Watson is 100% not guilty of the slightest misconduct, has always behaving like a model citizen during all of his massages this would not be good news.

If you are like me and believe it's likely Watson did some things he should not have been doing, believe with this smoke there is something, but at the same time don't believe EVERYTHING everyone women is claiming this might be applicable to you.

Per her account he kept his hands to himself, he forced nothing on her, he did not try and make his penis touch her, his main offense was getting naked.

Now I'm not legal expect but forcing someone to perform oral sure sounds like rape.

Touching someone with your penis sure sounds like sexual assault.

Demonstrating a pattern of dropping your towel during a massage would at most seem to make you guilty of indecent exposure.

So when you got 20 people suing for money, some making claims of forced oral sex(rape), most making claims of him making sure his penis touched their hand(sexual assault)but one lady not wanting money or suing anyone saying his main offense was  dropping his towel and improperly exposing himself.

If Watson did exactly as this lady said in all of his appointments but did NOT do what the others say he did which again ranges from rape to sexual assault then his worse offense is indecent exposure. That's what I mean this being good news for him in some ways because someone credible with nothing to gain as of now is indicating with her she did not do the things the others are accusing him of doing. And if he did what she is saying in all of his appointments he'll get suspended, might have to settle, will see his pristine image take a hit, but it's not remotely close to the damage he'd face if faced with multiple counts of rape or sexual assault.

I hear what you are saying. The one thing to consider though is the timeline. Mary's account happened in the fall of 2019, before any of the 19 lawsuits. Usually with a sexual addiction (or any addiction really) behavior escalates until the person realizes they have a real problem and want to stop or until they get caught. It's possible in 2019 he was just doing his thrusting. By 2020, he had graduated to moving his penis so it touched their hands. It is even possible that it moved on from there to forced oral sex, although without any other corroborating evidence, it will take a very credible plaintiff to convince a lot of people of that.  

Edited by dhockster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dhockster said:

I hear what you are saying. The one thing to consider though is the timeline. Mary's account happened in the fall of 2019, before any of the 19 lawsuits. Usually with a sexual addiction (or any addiction really) behavior escalates until the person realizes they have a real problem and want to stop or until they get caught. It's possible in 2019 he was just doing his thrusting. By 2020, he had graduated to moving his penis so it touched their hands. It is even possible that it moved on from there to forced oral sex, although without any other corroborating evidence, it will take a very credible plaintiff to convince a lot of people of that.  

exactly.  just because he didn't touch one girl with his wang, or even attempt to, does not mean he didn't try it on others.  he can read the room.  it sounds like Mary made it very clear to him that she wasn't going to participate in his pornhub fantasy.  Other women may have not been as forceful so he would push it as far as he could.  that may have, in some cases, gone as far as coercing them to do oral. 

The Mary story is brutal for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, massraider said:

Being mystified about guys doing dumb stuff to get off is dang hilarious.

The dumbest part is not settling this quietly if he in fact had the chance, even if he didn't do any of the serious crimes he is accused of. 

They clearly have enough to drag him through the mud regardless of actual guilt. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

51 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

They clearly have enough to drag him through the mud regardless of actual guilt. 

Don’t take much. All they need is a used washcloth & a little DNA. :shrug: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amazing if he actually did any of this. Athletes and powerful men in general got away with this for millennia, but in the age of #metoo you have to be an absolute narcissistic moron. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So basically whatever information Buzbee gathered is strictly for a civil trial or settlement. If Watson ever faces criminal charges it won't be based on any information Buzbee provides because he's never going to provide any information.

 

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1377075714902622213

 

Tony Buzbee, in an Instagram post, said that he "will go elsewhere to provide our evidence to investigative authorities" because the son of Deshaun Watson's attorney is "part of the Command Staff" of the Houston Police Department and "has a position that would compromise HPD."

 

 

 

  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, menobrown said:

Tony Buzbee, in an Instagram post, said that he "will go elsewhere to provide our evidence to investigative authorities" because the son of Deshaun Watson's attorney is "part of the Command Staff" of the Houston Police Department and "has a position that would compromise HPD."

 

Ah. So on 30/03/2021, after decades of practicing in Houston, he receives this small piece of information. :lol: 

Hoping he finds another channel to submit the info to, otherwise he'll be stuck having to focus solely on a civil case... and there's NO way he'd want that, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, menobrown said:

So basically whatever information Buzbee gathered is strictly for a civil trial or settlement. If Watson ever faces criminal charges it won't be based on any information Buzbee provides because he's never going to provide any information.

 

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1377075714902622213

 

Tony Buzbee, in an Instagram post, said that he "will go elsewhere to provide our evidence to investigative authorities" because the son of Deshaun Watson's attorney is "part of the Command Staff" of the Houston Police Department and "has a position that would compromise HPD."

 

 

 

This seems like a very clear message to Watson’s attorney:  “please make a large settlement offer now.”

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the very least this guy's image is taking a wild ride this offseason. Now there's video of him playing doorway basketball with an adult film star in an apron at his house.

What's the over/under for how long until he checks into rehab for sex addiction?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jtd13 said:

At the very least this guy's image is taking a wild ride this offseason. Now there's video of him playing doorway basketball with an adult film star in an apron at his house.

What's the over/under for how long until he checks into rehab for sex addiction?

Is he married (I honestly don't know) but if he's not...why does he have to have a sex addiction just because he's having fun with an adult film star? If I was worth millions and wasn't married, and I had a chance to fly in Gal Gadot and play doorway basketball or hide the  salami or whatever...do I need rehab? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ffmail4me said:

Is he married (I honestly don't know) but if he's not...why does he have to have a sex addiction just because he's having fun with an adult film star? If I was worth millions and wasn't married, and I had a chance to fly in Gal Gadot and play doorway basketball or hide the  salami or whatever...do I need rehab? 

Not that I'm disagreeing with your premise, but since when is Gal Gadot a porn star?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Is he married (I honestly don't know) but if he's not...why does he have to have a sex addiction just because he's having fun with an adult film star? If I was worth millions and wasn't married, and I had a chance to fly in Gal Gadot and play doorway basketball or hide the  salami or whatever...do I need rehab? 

Oh agreed. I'm just saying that will be his excuse to recover his image (assuming he gets out of the legal stuff relatively cleanly).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again, if he merely proposed sexual encounters, big fn deal. 

If he did anything beyond suggesting, charge him CRIMINALLY. 

This civil stuff is a joke. If he was broke this wouldn't even be remotely on the table, and everyone knows it. Insane that it's even a choice. 

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

Again, if he merely proposed sexual encounters, big fn deal. 

If he did anything beyond suggesting, charge him CRIMINALLY. 

This civil stuff is a joke. If he was broke this wouldn't even be remotely on the table, and everyone knows it. Insane that it's even a choice. 

The only way he'll be charged criminally is if the prosecutor believes it's a slam dunk to convict him. There may not be enough physical evidence to make it a certainty. That doesn't mean it's a "big f'n deal" or that he didn't do anything that makes him a sick ####.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

Again, if he merely proposed sexual encounters, big fn deal. 

If he did anything beyond suggesting, charge him CRIMINALLY. 

This civil stuff is a joke. If he was broke this wouldn't even be remotely on the table, and everyone knows it. Insane that it's even a choice. 

unfortunately that is the world we live in today.....but either way, whether he was rich or broke, actually proving something criminal is going to be difficult and basically he said/she said....doubt there is really any physical evidence to speak of.....so the only play to really get any sort of "justice" is to try and get it financially....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

seems like it might be a long time before all this is settled even if no criminal complaint is filed. Will be interesting to see how the NFL handles it if by august it's clear that a number of these complaints are going to civil trial route. will they suspend him or let him play while the court cases proceed. 

if no criminal charges i'd have to imagine he just plays. though i suppose goodell can say, hey perv, your pervy behavior is bad. enjoy your 6 game ban to start the year. i dont think they would suspend him an entire year because civil cases are being worked through. 

Edited by iamkoza
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

If anyone is wondering why 99% of the members here are dudes, this topic is a great example. lol 

i feel like the majority of ppl in this thread think he should be punished criminally, if he committed criminal acts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Soulfly3 said:

i feel like the majority of ppl in this thread think he should be punished criminally, if he committed criminal acts. 

Yes, but that's not what I was referring to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

i feel like the majority of ppl in this thread think he should be punished criminally, if he committed criminal acts. 

The civil system has long been a way for people to get some form of justice and tort law is in place to discourage negligence and bad actors. Its an easier standard to win as well. I think there's room for both.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

The civil system has long been a way for people to get some form of justice and tort law is in place to discourage negligence and bad actors. Its an easier standard to win as well. I think there's room for both.

What we call sexual assault in my country, rape (i believe) in yours, should ALWAYS be criminally tried, imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

What we call sexual assault in my country, rape (i believe) in yours, should ALWAYS be criminally tried, imo. 

Well sure, of course - it’s not mutually exclusive though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

What we call sexual assault in my country, rape (i believe) in yours, should ALWAYS be criminally tried, imo. 

That's great.  

Pretty much every cop in the country, and most attorneys will tell you it's very hard to get someone to prosecute.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

right. but this case seems to be exclusive to civil only. And i strongly disagree w that

I guess just imagine yourself as the prosecuter.....do you think you would win a criminal case with what seems like will be close to zero physical evidence/video/etc.....?....maybe if some more texts or something start coming out....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, iamkoza said:

seems like it might be a long time before all this is settled even if no criminal complaint is filed. Will be interesting to see how the NFL handles it if by august it's clear that a number of these complaints are going to civil trial route. will they suspend him or let him play while the court cases proceed. 

if no criminal charges i'd have to imagine he just plays. though i suppose goodell can say, hey perv, your pervy behavior is bad. enjoy your 6 game ban to start the year. i dont think they would suspend him an entire year because civil cases are being worked through. 

It's probably going to take awhile but I'm holding out slim hope he settles and this is wrapped up before the draft so he can be traded but seems unlikely.

I would forget about criminal charges, I literally would factor that in zero.

At this point it's all civil and what the NFL decides to do. If this was in-season I think he'd get put on exempt list but I don't see that happening. My opinion is when the player is "hot" the NFL likes them to go away until it cools over. It's why they sent AP away for the season and basically put out word that they would put  word AB would get placed on it which is why NE likely cut him and why no one would touch him in 2019. But again using AB as an example he was allowed to play last year despite his case still hanging open. When the stories first came out on AB and AP it was in-season, and again the NFL just wanted them to go away for a bit and let things simmer down but by September things will likely have settled down for Watson.

Of course what complicates this and makes this so interesting to me is Watson's trade demand and my thought BEFORE any of this occurred that he'd sit all or most of the year out.  So now what happens if this is not resolved before the season but Watson does not want to play unless he's traded but Houston can't really deal him until it's resolved? Tricky.

One thing for sure it would benefit Watson greatly if he is facing a suspension to get that suspension handled in the 2021 season due to way his contract is structured and in general the sooner  his potential NFL punishment is known the better so the Texans can try and move him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

right. but this case seems to be exclusive to civil only. And i strongly disagree w that

Is your strong disagreement with it being civil and not criminal because you want to see him punished if what they say is true or you think what they say is not true because this has not advanced to criminal charges?

For me I'm just not worked up about no criminal charges. Other then fact it's harder to win in criminal court is the fact no one as far as anyone knows has even lodged a criminal complaint on him. So for me I'm the second part of the question I asked you to some degree. I'm dubious of the claims of the women in the civil suit not because Watson is not facing criminal charges but because not a single one of them so much as called law enforcement on him and if he's such a serial predator I find that difficult to grasp. I get a lot of people victimized by sexual assault don't report it. I always think of this joke about a Houston area guy who was raping men and 6 of them had reported it to the police. The joke was if 6 men came forward this guy must have raped 1,000 of them. But still not a single person lodged a criminal complaint on him that anyone knows or has been reported and that leaves me thinking his actions in his massage appointments were probably more in line with what "Mary" in the SI hit piece said. A little freaky, odd, and highly inappropriate but also long long way from rape and sexual assault.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Is your strong disagreement with it being civil and not criminal because you want to see him punished if what they say is true or you think what they say is not true because this has not advanced to criminal charges?

 

criminals should be punished (or tried) as such.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

Again, if he merely proposed sexual encounters, big fn deal. 

If he did anything beyond suggesting, charge him CRIMINALLY. 

This civil stuff is a joke. If he was broke this wouldn't even be remotely on the table, and everyone knows it. Insane that it's even a choice. 

If he was broke and had no power he never would have tried this ####.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Faust changed the title to QB Deshaun Watson, HOU - 09.12.21 - Adam Schefter reports the Texans are seeking a combination of six players and picks in a Deshaun Watson trade

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...