What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Deshaun Watson, CLE (2 Viewers)

12 lawsuits to be filed with 10 more coming; 22 women including one he saw just this month! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lawyer claims to not know the McNairs.

Posted this on IG in 2007:

tonybuzbee

Verified

Remember this? @jmanziel2 Seven years ago I put ten billboards up around Houston asking my neighbor Mr. McNair to draft the greatest college football player ever. Obviously, it didn’t happen.
Lawyer did not provide any further evidence at the press conference (yet) as they claimed they would, and is taking questions.

Up to 22 woman they claim.  Lawyer asking for more to come forward.

No criminal charges filed yet, but say its going to be their next step.  If the goal from the beginning is to stop this from happening again (as they say), wouldn't criminal charges be step one?  They also claimed that they would have made this go away quietly if Watson had paid up?  That doesn't sound like your motivation is stopping it from happening again?  Maybe just playing the PR game but that smells fishy.  Why not let the police conduct an investigation and use the results to help prove your civil case?  Maybe this is normal, I don't know.

Evidently he is going to submit a package to local police department. Seems like this could become criminal if the evidence is supporting these claims. 22 women now. Wow, this is getting bigger each passing day. 

The report that teams are still interested in trading for Watson reeks of a leak by a desperate Houston team....what team would trade one 1st rd pick ;let alone multiple for a guy in the middle of this storm.  He could easily be suspended or worse....I dont buy it....I think Houston is kicking itself for waiting on this and is desperate to get a market going again....

The report that teams are still interested in trading for Watson reeks of a leak by a desperate Houston team....what team would trade one 1st rd pick ;let alone multiple for a guy in the middle of this storm.  He could easily be suspended or worse....I dont buy it....I think Houston is kicking itself for waiting on this and is desperate to get a market going again....
Yeah, if that is true how is he not traded already.

This whole thing is hilarious.  This is a total hit job by McNair against Watson. 

First of all, I am not condoning this behavior at all, but lets be real...there are many athletes and celebrities who act like this. Watson has seven people alleging this stuff and all of it is 2020.  I work in an area where people are accused of stuff all the time and when it comes down to sorting it out, having seven different witnesses alleging the same thing is very bad.   As a matter of fact, if somebody was going to make something like this up I think it would be really tough to get even two or three people to go along and coordinate stories.  This is seven and it seems like it grows every day! 

This is Texas style justice.  He should have never abused those women and he should have never demanded a trade this early into his megadeal.

This whole thing is hilarious.  This is a total hit job by McNair against Watson. 

First of all, I am not condoning this behavior at all, but lets be real...there are many athletes and celebrities who act like this. Watson has seven people alleging this stuff and all of it is 2020.  I work in an area where people are accused of stuff all the time and when it comes down to sorting it out, having seven different witnesses alleging the same thing is very bad.   As a matter of fact, if somebody was going to make something like this up I think it would be really tough to get even two or three people to go along and coordinate stories.  This is seven and it seems like it grows every day! 

This is Texas style justice.  He should have never abused those women and he should have never demanded a trade this early into his megadeal.
or, and hear me out, he hit up many massage therapists for happy endings against their will after exposing himself to them.  this is also known as sexual assault.

I am with you on that.  I think there are lots of guys out there who behave like this and it gets swept under the rug because of team security, etc.  I believe his demands of the Texans organization led to them organizing this.  They had to have known about it.  

In any event, this is now a few steps worse than Ray Rice.  He is pretty much done with playing football.

Right, like a bunch of NFL teams decided today to leak to media that, why yes, we're TOTALLY still interested. 

I am with you on that.  I think there are lots of guys out there who behave like this and it gets swept under the rug because of team security, etc.  I believe his demands of the Texans organization led to them organizing this.  They had to have known about it.  

In any event, this is now a few steps worse than Ray Rice.  He is pretty much done with playing football.
the alleged ties between the lawyer and the team have already been debunked.  according to the lawyer for the women, he did it again after his agent advised him that there were allegations being made.  he's sick.

I don't think the Texans are coordinating all this.  That is a conspiracy theory.  But, i have no doubt we are going to find out.  sure looks like he is a serial sexual assaulter though.

what? How? a hit piece for what; to diminish any trade value Watson has?

Think I’m having trouble understanding the logic of McNair being behind this. That would diminish his trade value to other teams.

That said, at this point we have seven women represented by one lawyer. LE is not involved. That may change.

22? Good grief. I thought Tyreek would never play again and was proven wrong. It's truly incredible how quickly society moves on from one story to the next, and the next story is usually more heinous than the previous one so we all just move on. 

But man. How can a team have this guy as the face of their franchise now? Times have changed since Roethlisberger. 

All of it seems nuts...and again, even if he did do it (and NOTHING about his character and past would indicate this is who he is) IF he did do it, why wouldn't he have quickly and quietly paid them to hush? He's not stupid. Something just seems wrong here.... 
There are now like accusations from 12 different women with no connections to each other.  And it looks like a lot of them are legit operations who've been in business for a long time.

Everyone deserves their day when accused, but the odds are tipping pretty hard against him at this point IMO.

Their GM has mountains of justification to trade him now with the obvious that he wants out, and now with this stuff.

Good luck finding a trade partner right now though

The more that comes out I agree...it doesn't look good. Still, after Hill, I wouldn't fire sale yet...interested to see if he or attorney says anything now. 

@houstonpolice 12m

At this time, HPD is unaware of any contact between HPD and Houston attorney Tony Buzbee regarding the allegations contained in his recently filed lawsuits and no incident reports regarding these allegations have been filed in our jurisdiction.

The more that comes out I agree...it doesn't look good. Still, after Hill, I wouldn't fire sale yet...interested to see if he or attorney says anything now. 
But they have 20 some complaints now? These aren't random people unless the lawyer is ######. They had to have given him a massage, there has to be records to prove at least that. Who even has massages with 22 different people? Looks pretty bad for him.

Not sure what this means for his future. Maybe a suspension for 8 games to a year? No way is his career over. It's gross for sure but people do way worse every day.

PS-I do think the idea that someone complained to the Texans and they hooked them up with the lawyer has some legs. Seems like there was some real bad blood and clearly the Texans ownership/management has some serious problems. Glad I quit cheering for Houston when the Oilers left. Doesn't get much uglier than this right now.

There are now like accusations from 12 different women with no connections to each other.  And it looks like a lot of them are legit operations who've been in business for a long time.

Everyone deserves their day when accused, but the odds are tipping pretty hard against him at this point IMO.
This is really messed up either way it goes. 

This lawyer seems really fishy with his "I was lying earlier but now I'm telling the truth" vibe.  More reputable representation would make this look even worse than it already does for Watson. 

Just gotta wait for it to play out and we can never know before then I guess, but our dynasty decisions are due now I guess. 

But they have 20 some complaints now? These aren't random people unless the lawyer is ######. They had to have given him a massage, there has to be records to prove at least that. Who even has massages with 22 different people? Looks pretty bad for him.

Not sure what this means for his future. Maybe a suspension for 8 games to a year? No way is his career over. It's gross for sure but people do way worse every day.

PS-I do think the idea that someone complained to the Texans and they hooked them up with the lawyer has some legs. Seems like there was some real bad blood and clearly the Texans ownership/management has some serious problems. Glad I quit cheering for Houston when the Oilers left. Doesn't get much uglier than this right now.
It's so weird.  If you want something like deep glute or groin massages and know it might make masseuses feel weird wouldn't you stick to the same one who knows how to attack your knots? 

Lots of questions everywhere.  

The lawyer has been FLAT OUT LYING. Seems like a lot of talk for very little.
I don’t see why he would be lying, he’s already rich, famous, has given over $20 million to charity.  I think his net worth is over $700 million.  He seems more than just a sleezy lawyer that some are calling him.   But if he is lying like you say he is, I will be surprised.

I’ve been holding back judgement until more news comes out (and to a large degree still am)...but it is super sus that all this comes out right as Watson demands a trade from a team that doesn’t want to deal him.

it’s an ugly situation either way, but it seems to be A. He did this stuff, and it’s weird timing that it allllll happened to come out right now, or B. He’s innocent & this is a weird shake-down / attempt to ruin him as he demands a trade.

Again; not judging until the whole picture comes out, but something shady is going on. Eager to learn how it develops / resolves. 

I don’t see why he would be lying, he’s already rich, famous, has given over $20 million to charity.  I think his net worth is over $700 million.  He seems more than just a sleezy lawyer that some are calling him.   But if he is lying like you say he is, I will be surprised.
I’d read the attorney is a neighbor of the team owner? That would add some shadiness if true. 

I’d read the attorney is a neighbor of the team owner? That would add some shadiness if true. 
This is his statement regarding that:

“I need to dispel some silly rumors,” Buzbee said. “Yes, I live on River Oaks Boulevard and I live near the McNair family. I don’t know the McNair family. I wouldn’t recognize Cal or Hal or whatever his name is, if I saw him on the street. This case has nothing to do with the Texans, has nothing to do with free agency. The timing? I don’t know anything about that silliness and frankly don’t care about it. The Texans are not a team that I follow. This case is about brave women who are willing to step forward knowing that they will be criticized and ostracized and we should all get behind them, applaud them for their bravery and support them.”

How do you think he got a net worth of $700m in the first place?

This is his statement regarding that:

“I need to dispel some silly rumors,” Buzbee said. “Yes, I live on River Oaks Boulevard and I live near the McNair family. I don’t know the McNair family. I wouldn’t recognize Cal or Hal or whatever his name is, if I saw him on the street. This case has nothing to do with the Texans, has nothing to do with free agency. The timing? I don’t know anything about that silliness and frankly don’t care about it. The Texans are not a team that I follow. This case is about brave women who are willing to step forward knowing that they will be criticized and ostracized and we should all get behind them, applaud them for their bravery and support them.”
Yes. I’m sure he’s explaining it all away. again - I’m waiting to see how it all breaks. It’s a lot of coincidences. Either Watson is guilty or he ain’t, but for it to all come out juuuust as he wants out with a team that very publicly didn’t want him to leave with no record of any of the alleged assaults surfacing before & an attorney who just happens to be a neighbor of the owner. 

That’s just an awful lot of coincidences of timing & circumstance. 

Let’s see how it plays out. There’s too sides to every story. The side we know if this one came out of left field as the most opportune time for the Texans. 

It’s all pretty weird. 

A few months ago, I was trying to move McLaurin for Watson--which I felt was crazy overpaying--but I was stacked at WR and started Trubisky in the fantasy championship.  The guy still shot it down.  Unbelivable swing.  

I don't even want to buy low now.  I'd be afraid I'm throwing away 2 cents on the dollar.  

Completely disgusting situation if true--and the texts make me think there's some fire to the smoke.  As always, let the justice system play out.  

He lied about the police calling his office per the police. 

He probably lied about being able to recognize the Mcnairs on the street given his manziel billboards social media post from 7 years ago. 

He's saying that this lawsuit is about preventing other victims from suffering, but hasn't involved law enforcement. 

The guy being full of crap is not mutually exclusive with Watson being innocent of course but it seems like he is brazenly bending the truth. 

A few months ago, I was trying to move McLaurin for Watson--which I felt was crazy overpaying--but I was stacked at WR and started Trubisky in the fantasy championship.  The guy still shot it down.  Unbelivable swing.  

I don't even want to buy low now.  I'd be afraid I'm throwing away 2 cents on the dollar.  

Completely disgusting situation if true--and the texts make me think there's some fire to the smoke.  As always, let the justice system play out.  
Who would trade Watson for McLaurin?  You're dreaming.

Who would trade Watson for McLaurin?  You're dreaming.
In Super-Flex or 2 QB leagues, sure.  

In standard 1 QB leagues--I see McLaurin ranked higher in all of the trade charts/calculators.  I feel like I always see McLaurin drafted before Watson in startups.  QB's in 1 QB-leagues don't carry a ton of value.  But at least 1 guy in my league agrees with you.

Why would the Texans purposely lower Watsons trade value?
If the owner doesn’t intend to trade him then it doesn’t matter. If the owner has dissuaded other teams from wanting him then it is play for Texans or not at all. It seems far fetched, but something strange is occurring. On the one hand look at all the women coming forth... on the other, what weird timing and lawyer lying and rented billboard to convince McNair to draft Manziel yet says he knows no Mcnairs that are his neighbors. This is something you see the Ewing’s of Dallas soap opera wrapped up in. 

Users who are viewing this thread