What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Deshaun Watson, CLE (4 Viewers)

You mean other then you saying you read one side, said it looks bad, can't offer a plausible explanation for his behavior and then proceeded to say that you can imagine his defense and none of it would make sense. Yea, that's really weird of me to think you are waiting for him to have his say before determining his guilt.
What does any of that have to do how I think the legal systems works?

You're usually pretty level-headed. Seems like you're a tad emotional here.

What does any of that have to do how I think the legal systems works?

You're usually pretty level-headed. Seems like you're a tad emotional here.
And you are usually not one to lower yourself to insults but when I don't agree with you when I'm suddenly weird and emotional.  I'm not the one who sounds triggered here.

And you misunderstand what I wrote. I never said you think the legal system works differently. What I said was the legal system thankfully works better then it does in your thoughts were you are ready to determine guilt based on hearing just one side.

And you are usually not one to lower yourself to insults but when I don't agree with you when I'm suddenly weird and emotional.  I'm not the one who sounds triggered here.

And you misunderstand what I wrote. I never said you think the legal system works differently. What I said was the legal system thankfully works better then it does in your thoughts were you are ready to determine guilt based on hearing just one side.
That's not what you said, but OK.

Maybe before. I’m not vouching for innocence, I just want to see the actual and real evidence. 
He is accused of rubbing his #### on women, among other things.  What kind of evidence would you expect when something like that happens?  This case is always going to be "he said, 20 women said".

He is accused of rubbing his #### on women, among other things.  What kind of evidence would you expect when something like that happens?  This case is always going to be "he said, 20 women said".
He said / she said isn’t enough for me to indict someone. Text messages, physical evidence. There must be some reason this lawyer believes these women, I want to see what it is. 

edit: a videotape with Deshaun’s mom filming Deshaun while he’s holding up 2 forms of ID saying “that’s my won, always rubbing his genitals during massages.”

Last edited by a moderator:
He said / she said isn’t enough for me to indict someone. Text messages, physical evidence. There must be some reason this lawyer believes these women, I want to see what it is. 

edit: a videotape with Deshaun’s mom filming Deshaun while he’s holding up 2 forms of ID saying “that’s my won, always rubbing his genitals during massages.”
So, based on your required standard, you’d agree that many women could be sexually assaulted and not have the evidence necessary to convince you.  

No cameras in here? I’ll whip it out and try and get her to touch it.  Pretty sure if I don’t text her, I’ll be good.  No one will believe her, or 20 women like her, come to think of it.  

So, based on your required standard, you’d agree that many women could be sexually assaulted and not have the evidence necessary to convince you.  

No cameras in here? I’ll whip it out and try and get her to touch it.  Pretty sure if I don’t text her, I’ll be good.  No one will believe her, or 20 women like her, come to think of it.  
It could happen and that would be unfortunate, but “It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.”  It’s kind of the bedrock of our justice system. 

edit: Also stop acting like wanting to see the evidence = not believing women. 

It could happen and that would be unfortunate, but “It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.”  It’s kind of the bedrock of our justice system. 
Not sure what that principal has to do with your curious standard for required evidence in a case that will mostly be decided on credibility and circumstantial evidence. 

Study after study has shown that between 2-10% of sexual assault cases are falsely reported.  That number is significantly reduced further in cases where multiple women tell the same story of a pattern of abusive behaviour.   Explaining it away as they are all lying and out to get him, for whatever reason, borders on conspiracy theory.   

so, whether there are text messages between them, or other slam dunk physical evidence, is not and will likely Not be the applicable evidentiary threshold.  Nor should it be.  

Not sure what that principal has to do with your curious standard for required evidence in a case that will mostly be decided on credibility and circumstantial evidence. 

Study after study has shown that between 2-10% of sexual assault cases are falsely reported.  That number is significantly reduced further in cases where multiple women tell the same story of a pattern of abusive behaviour.   Explaining it away as they are all lying and out to get him, for whatever reason, borders on conspiracy theory.   

so, whether there are text messages between them, or other slam dunk physical evidence, is not and will likely Not be the applicable evidentiary threshold.  Nor should it be.  
Please find where I said or even remotely implied “Explaining it away as they are all lying and out to get him, for whatever reason, borders on conspiracy theory.”  

One interesting thing about Watson's defense that it was consensual is that his own defense has probably cost him more money than he will lose in these cases.  He's lost tens of millions in endorsement money with his admission that he behaves like this, even if it is ruled consensual.  No company is going to want him to represent them.

One interesting thing about Watson's defense that it was consensual is that his own defense has probably cost him more money than he will lose in these cases.  He's lost tens of millions in endorsement money with his admission that he behaves like this, even if it is ruled consensual.  No company is going to want him to represent them.
If he never plays again he wont make that money anyway

Is this turns out to be overblown and no Criminal charges are ever filed, and he’s only suspended for six games or eight games for “conduct unbecoming“, there will be 20+ teams lined up to have him as their starting quarterback. And inside of a year this will get flushed down everyone’s memory holes and Watson will get plenty of endorsements.

i’m not saying it’s good and I’m not saying it’s right… I’m just saying.

Is this turns out to be overblown and no Criminal charges are ever filed, and he’s only suspended for six games or eight games for “conduct unbecoming“, there will be 20+ teams lined up to have him as their starting quarterback. And inside of a year this will get flushed down everyone’s memory holes and Watson will get plenty of endorsements.

i’m not saying it’s good and I’m not saying it’s right… I’m just saying.
I have no doubt he will be able to continue his career as a QB if that happens, but I really doubt anyone is going to give him a lot of money to represent their company.

Pride comes before the fall 

I have no doubt he will be able to continue his career as a QB if that happens, but I really doubt anyone is going to give him a lot of money to represent their company.
Vick got endorsements when he made his comeback. The man strangled & electrocuted dogs. 

If he can get endorsements, captain handjob will get endorsements. 

Maybe it’ll be from a hand lotion or sex lube company, but he will get endorsements. 

Vick got endorsements when he made his comeback. The man strangled & electrocuted dogs. 

If he can get endorsements, captain handjob will get endorsements. 

Maybe it’ll be from a hand lotion or sex lube company, but he will get endorsements. 
IIRC Vick only an endorsement from small company who thought that any publicity is good publicity.  He never made any serious money from it again and I'm sure his representation lost the company customers.  Watson's days of representing companies like Nike where he can make the millions are over.

IIRC Vick only an endorsement from small company who thought that any publicity is good publicity.  He never made any serious money from it again and I'm sure his representation lost the company customers.  Watson's days of representing companies like Nike where he can make the millions are over.
Vick was also a lot older and only played for a short while. Watson is 25. If this blows over he’ll have million dollar endorsements by the time he’s 27. 

I think the damage is already pretty significant and unrecoverable from a public perception perspective.  Look at how many people call Tyreek Hill a PoS child abuser still even though we have evidence it was not true. 

I wonder how many people to this day would say the Duke lacrosse kids are guilty? 

unrecoverable? 

it's sport... ppl really dont care as much as we pretend they do. sure, sponsors might shy away, but he'll still make 200M+ over his nfl career

the only ppl who will "care" in the longrun, are social media trolls.

I think the damage is already pretty significant and unrecoverable from a public perception perspective.  Look at how many people call Tyreek Hill a PoS child abuser still even though we have evidence it was not true. 
you overestimate people’s memory holes. People in the FF world remember Tyreek’s off-field issues. 

Casual observers have completely forgotten about it. 

All that will be relevant here is if it goes to trial and/or has a criminal charge associated with it. If not, this too shall fade away like Tiger Woods 1,274 affairs. 

unrecoverable? 

it's sport... ppl really dont care as much as we pretend they do. sure, sponsors might shy away, but he'll still make 200M+ over his nfl career

the only ppl who will "care" in the longrun, are social media trolls.
Just mean it's never going back to where it was, regardless of how it goes from here. 

I follow some working NFL scout on twitter(who is anonymous but Jim Nagy knows him and he's legit) who in a since deleted tweet last night said that the Texans had been aware of this behavior from Watson and that he heard that a friend of the owner tipped off the attorney after Watson made his trade request.

He also said that he heard Buzbee's plan was to just inundate Watson with so many civil lawsuits that it was just an attempt to avalanche him and get him to settle. This scout is in no way saying Watson did nothing, he point blank said Watson is going to miss at least some time and potentially the whole season depending on how things go, but he also said based on what he heard we should believe nothing Buzbee says unless we see proof.

Again he deleted the main tweet last night alluding to the owner's friend tipping off Buzbee. He did leave a new one about an hour ago saying Watson was for sure hooking up with women, but a "randy" is what he referred to him and not a rapist. He said based on word going around Watson was a little dumb and being dragged through crap because of stupidity but he isn't likely a rapist.

menobrown said:
I follow some working NFL scout on twitter(who is anonymous but Jim Nagy knows him and he's legit) who in a since deleted tweet last night said that the Texans had been aware of this behavior from Watson and that he heard that a friend of the owner tipped off the attorney after Watson made his trade request.

He also said that he heard Buzbee's plan was to just inundate Watson with so many civil lawsuits that it was just an attempt to avalanche him and get him to settle. This scout is in no way saying Watson did nothing, he point blank said Watson is going to miss at least some time and potentially the whole season depending on how things go, but he also said based on what he heard we should believe nothing Buzbee says unless we see proof.

Again he deleted the main tweet last night alluding to the owner's friend tipping off Buzbee. He did leave a new one about an hour ago saying Watson was for sure hooking up with women, but a "randy" is what he referred to him and not a rapist. He said based on word going around Watson was a little dumb and being dragged through crap because of stupidity but he isn't likely a rapist.
This tracks with the general football malpractice going on in Houston.  What a complete disaster.  These people are morons. 

The Buzbee angle is clear also.  That's why he is threatening to involve police but not actually do it.  It's the posturing to get Watson to settle. 

Watson being dumb also tracks.  Talk about at best a very dumb situation he is mired in. 

This tracks with the general football malpractice going on in Houston.  What a complete disaster.  These people are morons. 

The Buzbee angle is clear also.  That's why he is threatening to involve police but not actually do it.  It's the posturing to get Watson to settle. 

Watson being dumb also tracks.  Talk about at best a very dumb situation he is mired in. 
if any of that can be proven (e.g. the collusion between owner / attorney / timing) then regardless that Watson did dumb & morally questionable things, he’d have a pretty good case against the Texans, ownership & the attorney. 

Hypothetically speaking. 

he’d have a pretty good case against the Texans, ownership & the attorney. 

Hypothetically speaking. 
I'm wondering about this quite a bit.  I'm too dumb to understand the nuances of whether the lawyer has enough he can hide behind.  If it ends up being a stretch, and Watson sues for defamation, I don't know how much of the story would never come out because of attorney client privilege 

Soulfly3 said:
what's odd? Wasnt buzbee supposed to deliver the docs to the police 5 days ago? (Monday)

His own words, by the way. 

So, what about the take is odd, exactly?
Why does it matter if he goes to the cops?  Does that make Watson less guilty?

I'm wondering about this quite a bit.  I'm too dumb to understand the nuances of whether the lawyer has enough he can hide behind.  If it ends up being a stretch, and Watson sues for defamation, I don't know how much of the story would never come out because of attorney client privilege 
So what I know:

it wouldn’t be defamation because the things alleged by the attorney were technically true (in this hypothetical, of the situation described above).

But colluding with owners/team harmed Watson’s image by timing the release of information until it could do the most damage is almost certainly actionable. 

An attorney would have to put it into legal terms for us, but from my memory of tort law, there’s absolutely economic & repetitional harm done to Watson, coordinated between team/owners & this attorney.

that’s purely in this hypothetical scenario where no criminal charges are ever filed & some/all women recant or drop their civil suits. 

if any of that can be proven (e.g. the collusion between owner / attorney / timing) then regardless that Watson did dumb & morally questionable things, he’d have a pretty good case against the Texans, ownership & the attorney. 

Hypothetically speaking. 
It will be a he said/she said, which is impossible to prove, no?  

Not unlike each of the masseuse's claims against, Watson.  Which makes all these demands for criminal complaints a bit naive.  These DA's don't just file charges so that these alleged victims can prove something to a bunch of dudes on the internet predisposed to disbelieve every woman who accuses a famous man.  (Not directing this at you, Hot Sauce, obvi).

It makes me smile thinking about a defamation case Watson might file. I can imagine Buzbe now: "Yer, honor, I'd like to call up these 14 women to the stand, one after another...."  LOL

Yeah, Watson won't be filing that case anytime soon.  

Unless there is some stuff like with Michael Jackson where the victim identified his penis or whatever.  
Sir, I have never seen Michael's alleged penis, but I bet you that I can describe it all right? Let me guess... there's a head, a shaft, some balls, hair - maybe pressed, permed hair, with glitter sprinkled on it.

I can’t be the only one that thought of Chapelle Show right? 🤣

It will be a he said/she said, which is impossible to prove, no?  

Not unlike each of the masseuse's claims against, Watson.  Which makes all these demands for criminal complaints a bit naive.  These DA's don't just file charges so that these alleged victims can prove something to a bunch of dudes on the internet predisposed to disbelieve every woman who accuses a famous man.  (Not directing this at you, Hot Sauce, obvi).

It makes me smile thinking about a defamation case Watson might file. I can imagine Buzbe now: "Yer, honor, I'd like to call up these 14 women to the stand, one after another...."  LOL

Yeah, Watson won't be filing that case anytime soon.  
See next post I put up after this one. It’s not defamation in that hypothetical because allegations might be true.

but colluding to cue them up & time it with Watson’s trade demands would likely rise to the level of being actionable.

Watson could be guilty of getting 100 handjobs, and while professionally embarrassing if there’s nothing non-consensual then he will have a very good case against the Texans/owner. 

the reason I mentioned criminal charges is related purely to the hypothetical. If there’s no crime, Watson will likely only face a suspension. That’s the point of mentioning the criminal aspect. 

And this proves his innocence how?
It doesn’t prove Watson’s innocence.

but it does prove posturing by the attorney which calls into question his other claims, since he put a lot into credibility by virtue of that claim of bringing it to the cops for what he implied was a slam dunk criminal case. 

Tony Buzbee claims four more cases have been filed against Deshaun Watson

The number of lawsuits against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson has now reached 20.

After three days of relative quiet in connection with the controversy arising from allegations that Watson committed misconduct while receiving massages, attorney Tony Buzbee has announced on social media that the total number of claims has increased by four, from 16.

“Today we filed case number twenty against Deshaun Watson,” Buzbee said on Friday night. “Voices will be heard. These cases will be resolved in court.”

Buzbee’s declaration implies that any efforts to resolve these claims will be rejected, and that all 20 cases will proceed to trial.

Via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, the four new cases have not yet been posted on the Harris County court’s website. Buzbee has said that he and his firm ultimately may file at least 24 cases.

Watson has denied wrongdoing, both directly and through his lawyer, Rusty Hardin.

Lol all you have done is implied the lawyer (and by proxy the girls) are lying.  Gtfo
i have not implied the lawyer lied, i have stated factually that the lawyer has lied. 

and take your proxy bs elsewhere, please. only proxy because you want it to be. 

Users who are viewing this thread