What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Deshaun Watson, CLE (4 Viewers)

Yes. Is naivety and believing women as if we those of us who grew up with 5 sisters and a single mother dont know they just sit and make up stories, is that your position? lol

Is the better position just believing women without evidence cuz they say so when a lawyer begs people to contact him and make up stories? 
Can you give me an example where double digit women accused someone of sexual misconduct and they pretty much all had the same story?   And you are kindof being a jerk insinuating all of these women are lying when there is a fair share that look to have professional businesses and licenses. 

But if you can show me this stuff happens at this magnitude then I can always change my opinion.

Thats a bold strategy cotton
If these women consented to some version of a rub 'n tug, they almost certainly would have done it before.  Shouldn't be too hard for the Watson defense team to find previous clients (unless they are married!).

I'm going to predict there will be no such evidence forthcoming.  But, I could be wrong.

Consent defense taking shape

Not surprising.  It is the only chance he has.
That’s what I called from the jump. I agree - consent is what matters, and IF Watson has any messages/voicemails/DM/‘s saved with direct or implied agreements, this all goes away in a hot minute.

A little reputation damage as a handjob junkie, but there’s worse things to be known for (see: Aaron Hernandez/Ray Caruth).

Except of course for the questions that would then spring up surrounding the odd timing & this possibly shady attorney, & his relationship with the Texans, which could lead to significant trouble / consequences / actionable jeopardy for everyone involved (except Watson at that point). 

Not saying that’s what happened, i’m just looking at the if/thens of the matter. 

This just in, shocker...

One of them already tried blackmailing him.

But believe her, right?

Deshaun Watson's lawyer Rusty Hardin issued a statement saying "any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false." Hardin also said one of the plaintiffs attempted to blackmail Watson
Are you saying all 14 are lying?  Simple question.

Seems like you are convicting him, based on nothing but "hey he did this."

Rusty Hardin says all of this is false.
I don't think it is at all believable that one of the best football players on earth would dm random women on instagram for legitimate massage therapy needs.  That's just a start.  14 women and counting?  yeah, he did it.

Were you one of the dudes convicting Brian Banks?

You be one of those dudes who think you are woke cuz you believe women without evidence. 

What is it with a site full of mostly men in a manly game battling to be the most woke that they believe all women as if they get a medal?

Wait, men cant talk like men cuz, you know...wokeness. I'm a man, I'll defend men against men just believing women are traitors. How about that? 

People dont like it when you defend men.

I feel no shame for defending men against women who do this stuff all the time. And we know it, but nope...wokeness is what matters not reality.
Holy hell 

If these women consented to some version of a rub 'n tug, they almost certainly would have done it before.  Shouldn't be too hard for the Watson defense team to find previous clients (unless they are married!).

I'm going to predict there will be no such evidence forthcoming.  But, I could be wrong.
Not too difficult to get someone to testify paying a woman to "get a message" in a national case? Lol, good luck. 

Were you one of the dudes convicting Brian Banks?

You be one of those dudes who think you are woke cuz you believe women without evidence. 

What is it with a site full of mostly men in a manly game battling to be the most woke that they believe all women as if they get a medal?

Wait, men cant talk like men cuz, you know...wokeness. I'm a man, I'll defend men against men just believing women are traitors. How about that? 

People dont like it when you defend men.

I feel no shame for defending men against women who do this stuff all the time. And we know it, but nope...wokeness is what matters not reality.
Some serious incel vibes here. You need some help.

@sarahbarshop 31m

Deshaun Watson's lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said his law firm has "strong evidence" showing that one of the lawsuits alleging sexual assault against the Texans quarterback is false and that it "calls into question the legitimacy of the other cases."

@sarahbarshop 31m

Deshaun Watson's lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said his law firm has "strong evidence" showing that one of the lawsuits alleging sexual assault against the Texans quarterback is false and that it "calls into question the legitimacy of the other cases."
apparently the prosecutor hasn't released most of the names so the defense can't verify the others at the current time

In a statement, Deshaun Watson's lawyer Rusty Hardin said Tony Buzbee has refused his requests "to confidentially provide the names of the plaintiffs so we can fully investigate their claims makes uncovering the truth extremely difficult."

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for Cliff Notes here...

14 Civil Lawsuits alleging Sexual Misconduct? Is that current count?

No known criminal investigation?

Buzbee requested a Grand Jury? That’s a matter for the Harris County DA, right?

No comments from LE rn?

Looking for Cliff Notes here...

14 Civil Lawsuits alleging Sexual Misconduct? Is that current count?
Yes - wait, allegedly 16, all still on the word of the attorney. No one has come forward other than to be listed as a Jane Doe. 

No known criminal investigation?
No

Buzbee requested a Grand Jury? That’s a matter for the Harris County DA, right?
Yes, but that could just be the attorney BSing. No known GJ has been convened 

No comments from LE rn?
No open investigation that we know of at this point, no. 

Yes - wait, allegedly 16, all still on the word of the attorney. No one has come forward other than to be listed as a Jane Doe. 

No

Yes, but that could just be the attorney BSing. No known GJ has been convened 

No open investigation that we know of at this point, no. 
Not sure what you mean by “on the word of the attorney”.  16 lawsuits have been filed.  The fact that the plaintiff is Jane Doe for privacy reasons doesn’t call into question whether they exist or not. 

Not sure what you mean by “on the word of the attorney”.  16 lawsuits have been filed.  The fact that the plaintiff is Jane Doe for privacy reasons doesn’t call into question whether they exist or not. 
I would assume there are some checks and balances - would anyone beyond Buzbee have independent verification of their identity? 

*at this point in the process. 

It , combined with the attorney's refusal to provide names to Watson's attorneys, calls into question literally everything about it.

The claim of "for privacy reasons" in context, is a schtick to prevent Watson's attorneys from investigating their claims/credibility, etc. 

This isn't an accusation by me, it is what it is. If they are reputable licensed sports massage therapists, they have no reason to "protect their privacy". In fact, their credentials & references as certified massage therapists would go toward the credibility of their claims. 

That's what I mean, "on the word of their attorney" - we have no idea who is claiming what. Right now *everything is at the word of the plaintiff's attorney*. So I meant exactly what I typed. 

I would assume there are some checks and balances - would anyone beyond Buzbee have independent verification of their identity? 

*at this point in the process. 
Watson's attorneys have every right to know who is accusing them. 

If it were you or I being accused, we would want to know who our accusers were. 

It , combined with the attorney's refusal to provide names to Watson's attorneys, calls into question literally everything about it.

The claim of "for privacy reasons" in context, is a schtick to prevent Watson's attorneys from investigating their claims/credibility, etc. 

This isn't an accusation by me, it is what it is. If they are reputable licensed sports massage therapists, they have no reason to "protect their privacy". In fact, their credentials & references as certified massage therapists would go toward the credibility of their claims. 

That's what I mean, "on the word of their attorney" - we have no idea who is claiming what. Right now *everything is at the word of the plaintiff's attorney*. So I meant exactly what I typed. 
I hear you.  But it is early days.  

At what point does the accused get to face his accusers?
At trial

But Watson's attorney(s) have the right to know who is making the accusations so they may conduct their own investigation and/or match up accusers with whatever evidence they may have that contradicts the accusers.  

Should be able to for this as well.  I don’t believe in anonymity unless they are underage.
Anonymity and "facing your accusers" are two different things. Generally speaking, complaints must name all parties, so their names will most likely become known to him. But as for seeing them in person and hearing their testimonials and side of the story, that won't happen unless they proceed with the trial. 

Pretty sure the thread is under the control of the fake trollers, who inflame for entertainment.

:IBTL:
Seems back on track. Hit a rough "incel/misogyny" patch for a minute there, but it seems to have steered back into the light. No need to lock. Maybe a need to give one dude a time-out though. lol 

Users who are viewing this thread