What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Deshaun Watson, CLE (3 Viewers)

It's probably going to take awhile but I'm holding out slim hope he settles and this is wrapped up before the draft so he can be traded but seems unlikely.

I would forget about criminal charges, I literally would factor that in zero.

At this point it's all civil and what the NFL decides to do. If this was in-season I think he'd get put on exempt list but I don't see that happening. My opinion is when the player is "hot" the NFL likes them to go away until it cools over. It's why they sent AP away for the season and basically put out word that they would put  word AB would get placed on it which is why NE likely cut him and why no one would touch him in 2019. But again using AB as an example he was allowed to play last year despite his case still hanging open. When the stories first came out on AB and AP it was in-season, and again the NFL just wanted them to go away for a bit and let things simmer down but by September things will likely have settled down for Watson.

Of course what complicates this and makes this so interesting to me is Watson's trade demand and my thought BEFORE any of this occurred that he'd sit all or most of the year out.  So now what happens if this is not resolved before the season but Watson does not want to play unless he's traded but Houston can't really deal him until it's resolved? Tricky.

One thing for sure it would benefit Watson greatly if he is facing a suspension to get that suspension handled in the 2021 season due to way his contract is structured and in general the sooner  his potential NFL punishment is known the better so the Texans can try and move him.
do you honestly think a team would trade for this guy.....?....would you really want the GM of your favorite team to trade for this guy and bring him in as the new face of your franchise.....because thats what QB's are, especially the really good ones....and at what it would cost.....and not knowing if after you trade if some other women come out and you go through all this again.....what GM is going to hang his hat and career on that kind of deal.....it would be the kind of move you are tied to forever....I think the "teams will do whatever if they think it will help them win" is overblown sometimes and doesn't really apply here....again this isn't a one off thing where he had a bad night out drinking or a DV thing with his wife or he was involved in something like Vick was.....this has a creepy vibe to it that will make people feel uncomfortable no matter how talented he is......not only is it creepy but if true it actually shows a great deal of stupidity, repeated bad decision making and not being in touch with reality......if I am a GM this is a hard pass....plenty of other places I can hang my hat.....this ain't one of them....

I'm not even sure some players would want to be in the huddle with this guy or high fiving him on the sidelines.....I feel the damage has been done no matter the outcome really....his rep has taken a huge hit.....IMO his best option at this point is to tuck tail and thank the organization who just gave him a mega deal for "standing by him"....and show up and play football for HOU.... if allowed.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, if he merely proposed sexual encounters, big fn deal. 

If he did anything beyond suggesting, charge him CRIMINALLY. 

This civil stuff is a joke. If he was broke this wouldn't even be remotely on the table, and everyone knows it. Insane that it's even a choice. 
If I was assaulted sexually or otherwise by wealthy and powerful person, I would be happy to spread the story through the media and get a large sum of money from the person. That does more for me than the person just going to jail or having to do some therapy and community service.  

so he became a (alleged) sexual abuser because of money? 

i dunno, sounds like he was just a ####ty dude with or without money if that's what he did
I don't necessarily disagree with where you are coming from.....but if he was broke he wouldn't be able to put himself in these situations and probably wouldn't have developed the sense of entitlement that seems to come along as part of the package (no pun intended)....

He doesnt want to take the "evidence" to the police. 🤣🤣🤣

Also, are you the same guy who has legendarily defended a criminal named Josh Gordon? I digress. 

When I have evidence of crimes, I too dont take them to the cops and the people in charge of investigating said crimes. 

You all gonna look silly soon....and I bet you all can trust I will be here doing nothing but reminding you of such

I couldnt imagine being the people on the side of the guy not wanting to take the evidence to the cops. lol Dude is just stringing this out for a settlement, cuz he cant file a fake police report so thats why none have been filed. 
just an fyi....thats not allowed around here....and will garner you a suspension....I speak from experience #tyreekhillthread

He doesnt want to take the "evidence" to the police. 🤣🤣🤣

Also, are you the same guy who has legendarily defended a criminal named Josh Gordon? I digress.
gordon isn't a criminal, he was a drug user. 

And I've pointed out countless times that Watson should, imo, be criminally charged if he is what THEY say he is. Not civil. That doesn't sit right with me, at all. 

Buzbee not submitting that info is not a good look

Noted! Just know when this is all proven to be nonsense, I'll just post a smiley and be done with it. 
just curious....you really think there is nothing to see here....it will disappear....no criminal charges....no settlements....and it will not affect his ability to play football (no missed games due to suspension, etc.)....?

DWat with no evidence....TRY HIM LIKE A CRIMINAL!

JG fails a test over and over and over and breaks a fed drug law...let him play football. 

Im just pointing out credibility, it matters when you are slamming a player and defending others. 
I would say 19 eyewitness testimonies is evidence. Also, comparing sexual assault to marijuana use is a terrible comparison. People thought Gordon should be able to play because the majority of Americans believe marijuana should be legal. I would assume the legalization of sexual assault doesn't poll so well. 

18 massage therapists, with names attached, voice support for Deshaun Watson.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/31/18-massage-therapists-with-names-attached-voice-support-for-deshaun-watson/

So, they are women, we must believe them right? According to all the men here, those women defending Watson must be believed, not believing them is a crime against humanity and makes you less then human if you dont believe these women. Right?

Right, Im just trying to understand the who to believe rules day by day as they change to benefit the accusers. 
You can believe both sides. Just because he didn't sexually assault person X doesn't mean he hasn't evenr sexually assaulted anyone. Killers are arrested all the time and neighbors, friends, family are shocked and can't believe the person was capable of that. The case will either go somewhere or nowhere. It just needs to play out. None of us know what happened but this many women making similar claims is concerning. 

Isnt it funny. No charges, no paperwork, no names, a lawyer with a checkered past and just accusations and so many here claim moral high ground for buying it? Just as many women/masseurs put there names out there defending him. Wouldnt sexual abuser supporters who put there name out there risk public backlash just the same as people who file sex charges that may not be true? These women put their names to defending a so called sex abuser, why? Why would they risk it?
if he has gotten as many massages as it seems.....probably not hard to go through his rolodex and find some that he didn't do anything inappropriate with.....and get them to say as much....that doesn't mean he wasn't with the others..... :shrug:

Ummm, not one single person has put their name forward or went to the cops and filed a report, there is technically not one single named witness. Not a one. 

Im not comparing one said weed isnt a crime, keep up with the context. Wait also...I bet you think since I said weed is a crime that I dont light up every day? No, what I am is a reasonable man who relies on facts.
And nobody is saying he should be banned from the league or suspended or anything. You are fighting against the air. We just want to see this play out. If there is evidence and he is a predator, then lets get it out. If this is an attempted scam than it will fizzle out because the lawyer doesn't have anything. 

LOL, both sides eh?

Just needs to play out? We just need to keep accusing this man of horrible things based off nothing but un-named women who refuse t got o the cops. Lets just let it play out, until then....Ill keep believing the women who dont have evidence or guts to go to the cops and much rather settle for a payday.
I have never accused Watson of anything 

I dont want to see a man get crushed by lies as much as you do, clearly. 
Since I am not related to any of the parties involved and am not a member of the criminal justice system, I don't really have any involvement. You act like I am crushing him. I am not doing anything other wanting to see what happens with this. 

So, you already made up your mind....without any charges and withotu any named people going to the cops? 
no not at all.....you actually seem to be the one who has there mind made up......most of these "men" in this thread have pretty much stated they are squarely in the innocent until proven guilty camp and let's wait and see even if the optics don't look real great right now....."all the men" in here are not saying they believe the women cause we have to believe all women or whatever crap you were spewing.....you called yourself a reasonable man, but with all due respect and I don't mean this in a mean way.....you just come across really bitter for some reason....at least it is presenting itself that way here.....and you may have valid reasons for feeling that way, but I think you are misreading the temperature of this thread in a pretty big way....just IMO

I forget which outlet it was, but they interviewed a therapist who is not part of the lawsuit, but did have an encounter with Watson that when you hear her account is pretty damning.  She even stated that she didn't join the lawsuit bc she didn't like the atty, but her story basically matches up with the other women involved.  She also reported it to the person who referred watson to her (at the time of the incident) and to someone close to her.  

I think Watson maybe screwed... (no dog in the fight when it comes to him, just my opinion)

Why didnt she go to the cops?

It seems everyone is doing everything but going to the cops. Maybe because trying to mack on a woman isnt a crime. Asking a woman to touch your parts isnt a crime. Forcing them to against their will is, any evidence of that? We are confusing hitting on women as criminal now, too? 
Sweet Jesus, there is so much just WTF in this post.  Godalmighty

I mean, maybe not crushing but us men need to defend against this exact situation. If Watson did something wrong, do it up. 

You think if there is video of him violating a woman Im cool with that? Not in a million years, I have daughters. I also have a mother and sisters, I know lies are real and conniving and ####### evil. All women, we all grew up with women. I know its woke to act like they are all great, but for real? You all ever go through a bad break up? Ever have kids with a woman you are no longer with? The evil can run deep to hurt a man. 

Give me evidence, or just #### with your accusations ladies. Real evidence, at the very very very least, file a police report. 

Edit: *I didnt even cuss once, but I got words blocked out. lol
We are of no significance to the case so the lawyer and women have no obligation to give us any evidence. I am not a lawyer, I have no clue how to represent people in a case like this. I am not rushing to defend or persecute anyone. You are the person here most emotionally worked about the situation and looking to take a side. 

It seems everyone is doing everything but going to the cops. Maybe because trying to mack on a woman isnt a crime. Asking a woman to touch your parts isnt a crime. Forcing them to against their will is, any evidence of that? We are confusing hitting on women as criminal now, too? 
when I talk of you misreading the temperature of the room, it's because probably every single person in this thread hopes you are right.....that nothing inappropriate actually happened to a single one of these women....none of us want anybody to be treated inappropriately.....and if it is all a scam, hopefully those involved will be held accountable....

We are of no significance to the case so the lawyer and women have no obligation to give us any evidence. I am not a lawyer, I have no clue how to represent people in a case like this. I am not rushing to defend or persecute anyone. You are the person here most emotionally worked about the situation and looking to take a side. 
Agree. 

In the article, she stated "she was just starting her business" and she was concerned about the backlash.  Consindering the way you are reacting, I can't understand what she was referring to.

Yes, Absolutely, Im allowed to make up my mine in the negative as no evidence is provided that can convict. It is on the prosecution/accuser to provide proof. Heck, turn on any news channel and see that real life burden of proof in court right now. 
There is no conviction in a civil case; which is significant b/c the burden of proof that you allude to is MUCH lower than in a criminal court.

A new lawsuit against Deshaun Watson alleges the Houston quarterback has "unsent" Instagram messages to massage therapists he allegedly sexually assaulted. 

There are now 21 lawsuits filed against Watson for sexual misconduct against massage therapists, many of whom he contacted through Instagram. Attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents the women suing Watson, said Sunday night that Watson was deleting Instagram messages and contacting the women "who formally provided him massages, in an attempt to settle" those cases, ESPN reports. Watson, through his attorney, denied both allegations. "Like a lot of people, Deshaun regularly deletes past Instagram messages," said Rusty Hardin, Watson's lawyer. "That said, he has not deleted any messages since March 15th, the day before the first lawsuit was filed." Buzbee said in a Tuesday Instagram post that he "doesn't feel comfortable going to the Houston Police Department" with information, according to ESPN. Buzbee said he and his clients "will go elsewhere to provide our evidence to investigative authorities."

SOURCE: ESPN.com 

Mar 31, 2021, 12:43 PM ET

Being a Clemson fan this is very disturbing reading the stories from all these women.  Up to 21 now!    Watson must have a sexual disorder and seems to be a predator type.  Forget about football as his career is in jeopardy. Watson need serious help if he does not end up in jail  just to get his life back in order.

People getting awfully worked up.  Both sides are posturing right now, Watson's lawyer providing 18 massage therapists statements that likely won't mean anything in court, Buzbee with veiled conspiracy theory Houston PD crap, it's all for the court of public opinion.  Let it work itself out and we'll more than likely find out if Watson was doing criminal things, inappropriate things, or is being railroaded.

sooooo....can someone explain it to me like I am a 3rd grader....how things work here as far as "moving forward" and being "investigated"....working itself out.....if its not criminal, and there are no police, DA, etc. involved......

who exactly is investigating what....?

does investigating just mean on their own both sides are looking for evidence in case it goes to civil court at some point....

just curious about what kind of timeline we are looking at etc....

tia

sooooo....can someone explain it to me like I am a 3rd grader....how things work here as far as "moving forward" and being "investigated"....working itself out.....if its not criminal, and there are no police, DA, etc. involved......

who exactly is investigating what....?

does investigating just mean on their own both sides are looking for evidence in case it goes to civil court at some point....

just curious about what kind of timeline we are looking at etc....

tia
Investigating for the NFL will likely just be questioning witness, reviewing any texts, DM, etc.  If Buzbee is willing to let them see it.  Otherwise if it isn't criminal then it's a civil case and likely not much of substance will be revealed until it got to a discovery phase.

#NotALawyer

Investigating for the NFL will likely just be questioning witness, reviewing any texts, DM, etc.  If Buzbee is willing to let them see it.  Otherwise if it isn't criminal then it's a civil case and likely not much of substance will be revealed until it got to a discovery phase.

#NotALawyer
thanks....and this question isn't necessarily for you..........sooooo....

1. Watson could settle tomorrow and be done with all 20+ or whatever

2. Watson's side says "we ain't settling ####" ......and then Buzbee and the 20+ could sit around for as long as they want and then eventually ask for a date for a civil trial....if so, how long can they drag it out and sit around and wait to file?

3.  meanwhile if #2 is happening....the NFL is doing their own thing.....but will they eventually have to wait for #2 to play out?

4. I guess I'm just wondering how long we kind of sit through what is going on now before there is actually something moving forward to a resolution....and does/will the NFL wait for said resolution before determining Watson's "status"....

like if the season were to start next week.....what if anything does the NFL do....?

Buzzbee is a civil litigator (albeit a slimy one) not a prosecutor - he doesn't get to make that choice.
correct. but he can choose to deliver all that "damning" info to the Houston police, like he said he would, correct?

And didnt. And apparently wont. 

correct. but he can choose to deliver all that "damning" info to the Houston police, like he said he would, correct?

And didnt. And apparently wont. 
because....conspiracy theories!

nevermind that the district attorney's office operates outside the political influence of the Houston PD, or that the Houston PD understands that a national audience is watching this story closely.  we're supposed to take buzbee at his word.  not happening.

He's a slime-ball, no doubt.
And this slime-ball behavior is not helping these women in the least. 

Instead it makes their claims seem fraudulent, which they very likely aren't (or at least not all of them)

Did his clients ZERO favors w that stunt. 

And this slime-ball behavior is not helping these women in the least. 

Instead it makes their claims seem fraudulent, which they very likely aren't (or at least not all of them)

Did his clients ZERO favors w that stunt. 
Hes made over 700 million dollars by being a lawyer, I think he knows a bit more about what he is doing then some rando with a josh gordon infatuation named soulfly. 

Rusty Hardin spitting truth....

Since March 19, Mr. Tony Buzbee has repeatedly promised to submit evidence to the Houston Police Department in support of his anonymous clients' complaints against Deshaun Watson. So far, he has not done so. Now, in response to media inquiries, Mr. Buzbee has abandoned his promise altogether and, in his words, will go "elsewhere to provide his evidence to investigative authorities."

His latest excuse for failing to go to law enforcement is also his lamest. Anyone who has dealt with HPD, as I have for many years, would know that Mr. Buzbee's suggestion that the Department would overlook legitimate complaints based upon a family connection of one of its officers is ludicrous. It is also insulting to the dedicated professionals at HPD and to common sense. 

Hmmmm, it seems more people are coming around to what I said earlier.

This is all a stunt, start to finish as I have said....gonna suck for some of you to understand that 20 women are lying, but get ready.
Can you point to another scandal where double digit women (or people for that matter) all lied about the same thing.  Or are you going to tell me this is the first time in history that it has happened?

Users who are viewing this thread