What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (3 Viewers)

If you said you are passing on the Seahawks I would agree. Passing on the Giants and Ravens when there is clearly a back to own is kinda silly.
I'd prefer Seattle's options to either of these, but along those lines I have indeed made no effort to chase Seattle backs..  I'd describe those backfields as clear backs NOT to own.

eta - obviously if you are in a desperate position, these backfields might offer some hope if they ever settle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd prefer Seattle's options to wither of these.  I'd describe those backfields as clear backs NOT to own.
Well that's why we play the game. At least I am able to grab these guys for free based on others doubt.

Do you ever go after lotto tickets or are you completely against them? I see you in every lotto RB threads advocating against them.
My bench is 1 WR and 7 RBs.

Demaryius Thomas

Martin

Coleman

Cohen

Murray

Collins

McFadden

Rawls

So far I've owned and dropped duke Johnson, Lewis, Burkhead, Breida, Smallwood, Charles, Chris Johnson, and probably a few others I've forgotten.

I'm a RB lotto ticket hoarder.

Just not a Gallman believer.

Not really. Most fumbles are caused by guys just having one hand on the ball and valuing an attempt for extra yardage over ball security. Guys like Collins like to show off and flash their elusiveness which is difficult to do with two hands on the ball. 

In reality, Collins should have the ball against his chest with one hand under and one hand on top of the ball. In that scenario, there's literally no way for the ball to come out except for a freak ball-rip which rarely happens when you have it tucked in that fashion. 

Collins will have to choose to forego his flashy elusiveness for ball security if he wants to hang onto the ball and hang onto his job. 
I think this is it, and I've heard ex-RBs on tv say this. It's a conscious decision to take the yards gotten and go down with the ball secure. It's a coaching, maturity and learning thing.

davearm said:
My bench is 1 WR and 7 RBs.

Demaryius Thomas

Martin

Coleman

Cohen

Murray

Collins

McFadden

Rawls

So far I've owned and dropped duke Johnson, Lewis, Burkhead, Breida, Smallwood, Charles, Chris Johnson, and probably a few others I've forgotten.

I'm a RB lotto ticket hoarder.

Just not a Gallman believer.
Why did you drop Duke Johnson?

He is near worthless in standard.  
Over 4 weeks Duke Johnson is RB 20 in standard scoring averaging 9.6 points per game. He was useless in week one of the season with only 2 points, week two he had 8 points, week 3 16.4 points week 4 12 points. 

He has performed as a RB 2 in standard format.

In PPR he is better RB 16 over the first four weeks. He has scored similarly to Lamar Miller and LeSean McCoy in PPR format.

Over 4 weeks Duke Johnson is RB 20 in standard scoring averaging 9.6 points per game. He was useless in week one of the season with only 2 points, week two he had 8 points, week 3 16.4 points week 4 12 points. 

In PPR he is better RB 16 over the first four weeks. He has scored similarly to Lamar Miller and LeSean McCoy in PPR format.
Wow guess I haven't been paying attn and letting my own bias for how I viewed him in preseason cloud me.  Didn't realize he is rb20. In standard.  I have zero shares and pay zero attn to him or crow.   

Wow guess I haven't been paying attn and letting my own bias for how I viewed him in preseason cloud me.  Didn't realize he is rb20. In standard.  I have zero shares and pay zero attn to him or crow.   
He only has 57 rushing yards over four games which is not good although he has only had 10 rushing attempts. He has scored two TD.

As a receiver he has 28 targets 20 receptions and 207 yards. 10.4 yards per reception is well above average for a RB (around 7 yards on average).

Duke Johnson has been one of the better receiving RB in the league in his short career so far.

Let's see if he keeps getting one yard touch downs in blow outs. I have a good feeling he will drop out of top 30 standard very very soon.

Let's see if he keeps getting one yard touch downs in blow outs. I have a good feeling he will drop out of top 20 standard very very soon.
Could.

I know Hue Jackson has a point of view that a larger RB is better when it gets cold. Which to me is completely illogical, but Hue seems to believe in this. See Giovanni Bernard vs Jeremy Hill with the Bengals.

In my view Duke Johnson is a better RB than Crowell just as I think Bernard is a better RB than Hill. But my opinion doesn't matter much when the coach has a different view.

Is this the Vereen, Gallman, Duke Johnson, or just want to hear myself text thread...or Collins? A full page of private conversations. Yay.

I'm liking the matchup. The coach have looked the other way about fumbles, they want him to be he guy.

Have him fostered, still waiting for that 15+ carry game so I can start with confidence.

Am I crazy for starting him (standard league) in my flex over mccaffery?  Marvin jones?  John brown?  Brown vs philly is really tempting.   I'm feeling a long td. 

But I'm also feeling that this week could be a breakout game for collins.  Like 15-20 carries in a good game script.  Ej Manuel isn't doing much today.  I see a grind it out  game bw 2 crap teams.  

I have a good feeling about collins in general.  Good college player.  Getting his shot and looks so electric every time he touches the ball.  I think the only thing that can derail him today is another fumble.  

Hope I'm making the right decision keeping this guy rostered over some other options on my wire. 

It's not just Collins or the coaches' views of the RBs, the offense as a whole has to be better. Another round of Flacco flopping around and the D getting beat isn't going to help anyone.

It's not just Collins or the coaches' views of the RBs, the offense as a whole has to be better. Another round of Flacco flopping around and the D getting beat isn't going to help anyone.
True. Of course a reliable running game would go a long way towards that end.

Still think people aren't concerned enough about the quality, or lack thereof, of the offensive line. They lost their best player and look like a bottom 10 unit right now.

I have Allen and Collins in ppr.  Allen seemingly still the 3rd down or pass catching back who projects higher.

Hope I'm making the right decision keeping this guy rostered over some other options on my wire. 
You and everyone else in here. 

The good news is that we will have some more clarity about Collins vs all the other lotto guys (Gallman, Rawls/Lacy, McKinnon/Murray, McGuire, etc. etc. etc.) after this week.

The bad news...I'm not willing to even think about what happens if Collins fumbles again right now.

Need a solid start from Collins today, so choo f'n choo, butterhands notwithstanding.

I have Allen and Collins in ppr.  Allen seemingly still the 3rd down or pass catching back who projects higher.
Hope you are not basing line up or roster decision based on yahoo projections. Starting Collins over Gallman this week.

For whatever it's worth I'm starting Collins over Gallman.  Seems like there are a number of us all trying to make the same decision.

For whatever it's worth I'm starting Collins over Gallman.  Seems like there are a number of us all trying to make the same decision.
I'm doing the opposite, I'm going to roll with Gallman. I'm worried that Collins fumbles early and then puts up a goose egg. He does have a higher ceiling than Gallman but I'm going with the higher floor with Perkins out.

Hope you are not basing line up or roster decision based on yahoo projections. Starting Collins over Gallman this week.
I've also been debating this all week, made the switch to Collins based off the dreaded "Hot hand" approach in ny and with it being rainy and wet, seems to be a darkwa kind of game.

I'm going Collins over Gallman despite Gallman having the better match-up. It comes down to the fact that I believe BAL is more willing to hand the reigns over to Collins at this point. If Collins doesn't fumble I could see him getting 15-20 touches. I have no idea how NYG plans to divy out touches between Gallman, Darkwa and Vereen. Darkwa wasn't active last week.

I'm going Collins over Gallman despite Gallman having the better match-up. It comes down to the fact that I believe BAL is more willing to hand the reigns over to Collins at this point. If Collins doesn't fumble I could see him getting 15-20 touches. I have no idea how NYG plans to divy out touches between Gallman, Darkwa and Vereen. Darkwa wasn't active last week.
Would you start Collins over Jones (GB) too? I've been wrestling with who to start between Collins, Gallman and Jones all week. Gallman seems to have uncertainty over workload, Collins with the fumbling, have not seen Jones run.

Would you start Collins over Jones (GB) too? I've been wrestling with who to start between Collins, Gallman and Jones all week. Gallman seems to have uncertainty over workload, Collins with the fumbling, have not seen Jones run.
With the news that Jones has been taking first team reps ahead of Williams I'd probably start Jones over Collins but it's close, as are all of the decisions with these murky backfeilds.

Needed a bye week kicker and didn't want to drop Lutz, Funchess or Hoyer (super-flex league starting QBs are too valuable) so I dropped...

...Wendell Smallwood and kept Collins.  Without Smallwood's knee injury I may have chosen otherwise.

With the news that Jones has been taking first team reps ahead of Williams I'd probably start Jones over Collins but it's close, as are all of the decisions with these murky backfeilds.
Agreed and murky is about the best way to describe it. I usually much prefer to use my own eye test but since i've only seen Collins on highlights, and Jones not even that, difficult. I guess today will shed more light  :thumbup:

i wasnt talking about Gado`s skill set compared to Collins

just the hype
Was there actually hype around Gado? Seem to remember that he just came out of nowhere after Ahman Green and Najeh "Don't Look in the Hamper" Davenport went down and the guy posted like 3+ 100 yard games with multiple TDs. Kinda became a must own/must start until he himself went down with a knee injury for the season.

The guy got his chance that year and simply blew the doors open, then was traded to the Texans to be the backup there, then as bench/backup depth on Miami.

Seemed like a guy that was critical add in 2005 and proved every inch of it, but then was clearly fantasy irrelevant afterwards -- not like there was any hype or even a chance for him to be meaningful for fantasy teams thereafter. So not sure there was any hype, as opposed to a glorious multi-week span in 2005 where he was by far worth his weight in wire gold.

Pairing Collins with Ellington over Gallman & Ameer. 

Jeez my RBs are awful :(   at least  Ingram comes off the bye next week 

Users who are viewing this thread