What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (2 Viewers)

Utilization: 7 > 9 > 11 > 12 > 15

Snaps: 12% > 17% > 25% > 24 % > 30%

In maths, we call that a trend.
Agreed.

But getting West & Woodhead back will probably #### that up.  And even without them he is, so far, non-existent in the passing game or near the goal line.  He's close to ripping off a long TD but that cannot be relied upon.

Now may be a good time to use SSND's utilization argument to try and deal him in redraft leagues because it looks unlikely that his upside is that of a Kingmaker.

Possibly never? Harbaugh is a dinosaur of a coach.
He did his now patented move of going for it on 4th down, in FG range, even though they need a FG and TD to win. They actually got the 1st down this time but a couple plays later Flacco threw an INT. Now if they kick the FG, they are down 7 instead of still down 10. They can go for it the next series....instead of kicking the FG then (which they did :lmao: ) and they would have actually won the game in regulation with the TD they scored late. Instead, they ran out of time before they could get Tucker close enough to try another FG. Classic moron Harbug. He's so stupid it's mind boggling.

Tucker has to be thinking, this guy is so stupid.

• Smile
Reactions: J R
Agreed.

But getting West & Woodhead back will probably #### that up.  And even without them he is, so far, non-existent in the passing game or near the goal line.  He's close to ripping off a long TD but that cannot be relied upon.

Now may be a good time to use SSND's utilization argument to try and deal him in redraft leagues because it looks unlikely that his upside is that of a Kingmaker.
I was early to this party but I fear you may be right. If he couldn't top 30% usage yesterday in a fairly close game with West and Woodhead both out, you have to ask yourself what his realistic ceiling is likely to be.

A nice bye-week fill-in? Absolutely. But that's not what I'm looking for out of my back-end-of-bench dart throws..

The question is what can one hope to get for him?  Gotta be a great salesman, and have a RB desperate league mate, to get anything of real value.

The question is what can one hope to get for him?  Gotta be a great salesman, and have a RB desperate league mate, to get anything of real value.
He's a pretty good speculative shop for dynasty leagues.  Offer him to a 1-5 team for Larry Fitzgerald.  It probably doesn't get done straight up but can be the lynchpin piece.

He's a pretty good speculative shop for dynasty leagues.  Offer him to a 1-5 team for Larry Fitzgerald.  It probably doesn't get done straight up but can be the lynchpin piece.
He's probably a much easier sale in dynasty but I am talking redraft.

I might make a play for Amari Cooper, whose stock simply cannot be any lower, because that owner has Lynch, Forte, Ellington and Lacy as his only RBs.

I have also floated an offer for Doug Baldwin because that owner has McGuire, Crowell, Gillislee & Breida as his RBs (A.Brown, Kelce & DeSean are his other WRs).

I doubt either owner will bite but I am definitely trying to move him.

Mr. Irrelevant said:
I was early to this party but I fear you may be right. If he couldn't top 30% usage yesterday in a fairly close game with West and Woodhead both out, you have to ask yourself what his realistic ceiling is likely to be.

A nice bye-week fill-in? Absolutely. But that's not what I'm looking for out of my back-end-of-bench dart throws..
My thoughts on this exactly. I believe I'm dropping him in my short bench league. The offense is a mess, the backfield is too much of a timeshare, and West and Woodhead will be back in the picture at some point. I like the kid, but I think 2018 is when his impact will likely be felt.

Everything depends on your league and who is available. It would be useful if you mentioned who you’re dropping him for...

Everything depends on your league and who is available. It would be useful if you mentioned who you’re dropping him for...
Well as I mentioned it's a short bench league (and very unique: 12 team, QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, K, K, DEF, DEF, IDP, only 5 bench). My reasonings really won't help anybody else in here because of the uniqueness to this league. I have 5 bench spots, so 2 are taken up by a QB and TE. I have to drop K, DEF and IDP on bye weeks and find a FA to hold me over. That leaves only 3 bench spots for RB/WR. Tough to justify holding Alex in one of those 3 spots.

Have a claim in for Darkwa, debating Dion Lewis if I don't get Darkwa but I would probably stick with Collins.

Last I heard, they were targeting a Week 11 return for Woodhead. That timetable could change or update, but seems to me to still be enough time for the patient owner for Collins to have one or two breakout games and cement himself at a higher utilization level. 

Yes, I'm grasping. But stranger things happen.

Last I heard, they were targeting a Week 11 return for Woodhead. That timetable could change or update, but seems to me to still be enough time for the patient owner for Collins to have one or two breakout games and cement himself at a higher utilization level. 

Yes, I'm grasping. But stranger things happen.
There is a lot to like about watching this guy run and his increased utilization. I hope we haven't seen his high water mark with 15 touches but it's possible.  Anyone know what West's timetable to return is?  Last update I read said "multiple games" even so it is tough to like the match-up in Minnesota.  The Dolphins seem like a better opportunity as do the Titans but those games are two and three weeks away followed by the Ravens bye week.  The schedule looks a little easier after the bye but presumably West and Woodhead both return week 11

So what are the realistic expectations for Collins ROS?  As much as I want to believe this kid could be a King Maker I just don't see how the stars could align to make that happen.

Hope I'm wrong...unless I drop him tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread