What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (2 Viewers)

Still, the amazing Derrick Henry didn't do much better than Collins yesterday. Situation is almost everything, and reality is this Baltimore offense is a terrible situation. I'm kind of curious if there were any red zone touches, but then I really wonder if Baltimore even reached the red zone.
They reached the red zone at the end of the game when Chris Moore scored a TD on Trey Waynes.

41:1423MIN 18Joe Flacco pass complete short middle to Ben Watson for 6 yards (tackle by Eric Kendricks)9244.3704.78099.3

40:56110MIN 12Penalty on Jermaine Eluemunor: False Start, 5 yards (no play)9244.7804.32099.6

40:40115MIN 17Joe Flacco pass incomplete deep left intended for Chris Moore9244.3203.42099.7

40:34215MIN 17Joe Flacco pass incomplete short right intended for Chris Moore (defended by Trae Waynes)9243.4202.84099.7

40:30315MIN 17Joe Flacco pass complete short right to Nick Boyle for 4 yards (tackle by Trae Waynes)9242.8402.57099.0

40:03411MIN 13Joe Flacco pass complete short right to Chris Moore for 13 yards, touchdown
So Moore had 3 opportunities, Watson one and Boyle one.

According to SSND's spread sheet Collins has not had any red zone opportunities yet.

Curious,

At this stage of the game, who would people be dropping Collins for? 
Woodhead.

Am in PPR and Woodhead bring some more to the table and I suspect BAL gives him back some   meaningful usage.

Still not a great option given BAL’s overall offensive woes, but seems like the back most likely to succeed this year in this nightmare.

Are people still holding out hope for Collins or are people dropping him knowing that Baltimore’s inept offense effects his overall touches??

I'm hurting bad for rbs this week. Need to start Collins or Washington. Think I'm going to give Collins the start as a final farewell. If he doesn't do anything I may drop this week.

FWIW Collins did start last week, and I do think he is a better runner than Buck Allen is. That said Collins only played on 16 offensive snaps last week (25%) compared to Allens 41 offensive snaps (63%).

With the Ravens WRs injured, Allen led the Ravens in targets last week with 11 and had 10 rushing attempts compared to Collins 6 attempts.

Collins only has 2 targets so far this season and zero receptions.

The Ravens play the Dolphins who are tied for 5th best defense against he run in yards per carry given up (3.6). and 5th best in rushing yards per game given up (82.3).

The Dolphins defense is not as good as the Vikings, but they are still pretty good. Does not seem like a good match up for Collins based on this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an offer to trade Collins and Carson Wentz for Devonta Freeman. Seriously considering it as I also have Brady and really could use a legit RB2 to pair with Fournette.

Collins or Coleman for me during this bye week blues. 

Coleman seems like the logical play but ATL looks like dog excrement, and seem to have moved away from Coleman in the gameplan -- while coleman's rush attempt's have stayed the same at around 8/game, he's done less with them in the last two games, and dropped from 5-6 targets in the pass game to only one over the last two games. Worrisome trend for a guy I thought would provide some kind of floor in PPR.

So Collins seems to have comparative starting value, even though ATL has a better rushing matchup against the Jets than BAL has against the Fins, who have been somewhat surprisingly solid against the run.

Coleman seems safer but greater downside; Collins much more risky but seems to have more upside. 

Fitzgerald owner, after the Carson Palmer injury I am considering dropping for Sefarin-Jenkins.  12 team, ppr, redraft TE & WRs combined into one position.

Weebs210 said:
I'm hurting bad for rbs this week. Need to start Collins or Washington. Think I'm going to give Collins the start as a final farewell. If he doesn't do anything I may drop this week.
Not going to tell you what I decided just so you have a little hope for tomorrow.

Efritch4 said:
Are people still holding out hope for Collins or are people dropping him knowing that Baltimore’s inept offense effects his overall touches??
Holding, but that's more a result of a lack of options on the WW than it is a belief that he's going to become a viable starter.

Anyone else facing the dilemma where you know Collins is probably the best of a bunch of bad options but you're having trouble pulling the trigger because he's so damn uninspiring? It's like looking at a menu filled with unappetizing options and saying, "OK, I guess I'll have the kale salad."

Holding.  No one else is as enticing... currently being used, and has a similar upside as those on wire not currently being used.  

I dropped him in both leagues.  Not enough usage, Baltimore offense is offensive, and Woodhead coming back soon.  In fact, I need to male a mental note to add woodhead next week if he is available.

I dropped him in both leagues.  Not enough usage, Baltimore offense is offensive, and Woodhead coming back soon.  In fact, I need to male a mental note to add woodhead next week if he is available.
How many drives do you think you will get out of him? I'm guessing around 3 before he is out for the year. 

I can't believe owners are cutting bait after one bad game against the VIKINGS. Before that game he was solid on limited touches. If anything this should be the game that should be your deciding factor.

I dropped him in one league. 

But I have to start him in 2 other leagues this week (Bye week issues in one league and I traded some starters for future picks in a rebuild effort in the other league). 

I can't believe owners are cutting bait after one bad game against the VIKINGS. Before that game he was solid on limited touches. If anything this should be the game that should be your deciding factor.
Totally agree, but it is a tough bye week. Personally, I think that a player like Smallwood, who may be available in leagues, is more attractive this week and holds ROS value. Plus, Miami is pretty solid against the run and Baltimore’s receivers are not 100% healthy. 

As I mentioned upthread, I think part of it is that it just doesn't feel good to roll him out there. You're right that prior to last week he was pretty consistently producing 5-7 points per week, which isn't terrible. And you have to assume he falls into the end zone eventually. But he's the NFL equivalent of an "innings eater", the pitcher who throws five innings per start and gives up three or four runs, and who you hope at least keeps you in the game until the bullpen can take over.

Still undecided (and I guess I only have a few more hours to make this decision), but I'm leaning toward starting Riddick over him under the assumption that Tate sits. If Theo's floor is a little lower (say, 3-5 instead of 5-7), that's not a huge loss, plus he also has some TD upside.

I will say that if you're only holding on to him for depth, particularly if your starters are past their byes, I don't really see any point. It's really hard to imagine a scenario where his value increases significantly from what it is now. Consider the parallel with Dion Lewis, who has been putting up similar numbers to Collins the past few weeks (with a few more goal-line carries). The thing is, we all remember two years ago when Lewis was a dynamic force in the passing game, and that potential makes him a worthwhile stash even if you would never start him based on current production. Collins offers no such upside.

Bottom line is still no passing game or goal line love hurts his value in a big way. Even if he busts two 80 yard shuck'n'jive, highlight reel TDs tonight if he doesn't get a target or a conversion opportunity inside the five (heck even a 3-and1 opportunity between the 20s) it will be just as difficult to justify rolling him out next week.

As soon as I see him get those opportunities I will give him my official, and just as obnoxious, stupid button pushing Jim Cramer BUYBUYBUY!!! seal of approval.

Bottom line is still no passing game or goal line love hurts his value in a big way. Even if he busts two 80 yard shuck'n'jive, highlight reel TDs tonight if he doesn't get a target or a conversion opportunity inside the five (heck even a 3-and1 opportunity between the 20s) it will be just as difficult to justify rolling him out next week.

As soon as I see him get those opportunities I will give him my official, and just as obnoxious, stupid button pushing Jim Cramer BUYBUYBUY!!! seal of approval.
Agree, but worry that given the way Harbaugh is approaching this, even if Collins lets loose with a few TDs, it won't alter his approach of miring this backfield in mediocrity by spreading out the touches still.

Window is closing as West gets healthier. If Collins can't break out and separate himself from the pack before West returns (which I have to believe is sooner rather than later as he'll have been out for ~5 weeks come next weekend's games), that is definitely a nail in the coffin.

Flexing him (over Snead) in a 16 team basic with bye constraints. I have just barely that much confidence, but I don't plan on cutting him with not a lot out there. A reception or 2 would be good, as would some short yardage trust and success. Nothing yet says we aren't moving forward (Vikes game not withstanding), but nothing compelling says we are, or that we won't be retreating with Woodhead and West returning. I think he's a hold if you have room and a fairly easily easy cut if you need a one game grasp at great upside or have quality options.

Curious,

At this stage of the game, who would people be dropping Collins for? 

Dion Lewis was on waivers, 12 team 0.5 ppr, dropped collins for him this week.  Will still follow this thread closely as the kid has looked good.  Want him to succeed, either in the NFL or as a a riverdancer.

Dion Lewis was on waivers, 12 team 0.5 ppr, dropped collins for him this week.  Will still follow this thread closely as the kid has looked good.  Want him to succeed, either in the NFL or as a a riverdancer.
Yeah I thought about buying on Lewis last week. Anarchy talked me out of it. 

Not sure I'd buy in on that mess of a backfield (worse than even if West and Woodhead were healthy), but to each their own. I can see how Lewis' scenario is just as favorable as Collins for future lotto chances

Yeah I thought about buying on Lewis last week. Anarchy talked me out of it. 

Not sure I'd buy in on that mess of a backfield (worse than even if West and Woodhead were healthy), but to each their own. I can see how Lewis' scenario is just as favorable as Collins for future lotto chances
I think the difference is we've seen Lewis be something much more than what he currently is. Collins doesn't have that track record.

I think the difference is we've seen Lewis be something much more than what he currently is. Collins doesn't have that track record.
And the fact that Dion is on one of the best if not best offenses in the league, that has one of the worst Ds in the league. 

I think Dion's ceiling is massive compared to Collins, with a relatively similar floor, especially in 0.5 or full ppr.

We've also seen Lewis be much less than he currently is.  We've also seen the NE backfield be as unpredictable a situation as there is.  We've also seen Lewis NEVER able to stay healthy for an extended period.  His current 7 game healthy streak might be the longest of his career.  

I would rank Lewis ahead of Collins, without question; but it's not like he doesn't have issues or concerns of his own.

Rolling hm out tonight against the fins

hopefully the Ravens D can force some TOS and set up a short field against Moore and the fins....there has to be a reason why the fins  went straight to Cutler rather than rolling with Moore.....

i feel like Collins can break one at any time....he has not been a workhorse, so he should be more rested than the defense....

ps: I also had limited options

I’m sad about him.  His breakout is fizzling.  Still holding in dyno and redraft though BC if you saw the stank on my ww you’d know that his upside is better than anything on there.  Hope he does something positive of note tonight. 
Well, tonight is the biggest teller of what we can expect going forward. He had a horrible match up last week, and this one is a little more favorable with game flow. It'll be interesting to see how he does. If he flops I think it's safe to say he is who he has been, and will likely be nothing more this season due to usage and the limits of his team. If he takes a step in the right direction and can shoulder more of the load and make up for the poor offense, maybe he has some hope going forward. He needs a TD, this has been stated many times. If he gets 60 yards again and no score (goal lines vultured), I'm not sure I can buy. I'll still hold until someone better comes along, as my WW is pretty well bare right now, but expectations will be tempered. 

Locking in Collins into my RB2 spot. My WR/TE core should be solid enough to cover me if he gets another 10/30 (3 fantasy points).

Anyone else facing the dilemma where you know Collins is probably the best of a bunch of bad options but you're having trouble pulling the trigger because he's so damn uninspiring? It's like looking at a menu filled with unappetizing options and saying, "OK, I guess I'll have the kale salad."
Been holding him for wks, bout to drop him I think...I need a kicker ?

Lock and loaded. Collins in my lineup and my gun so after the game I can pull the trigger.

Bye week crunch in a deep lineup league, debating between Goodwin (Q) and Collins...damn. Wish we had any indication he'd be trusted with RZ carries

Didn’t want to give up on him, but had to. I got the QB blues with Mariota off, and as my only QB in my keep 2 league, so I flipped him for Philip Rivers. 

Tonight is the Alex Collins coming out party!!

:ph34r:

Due to injuries and half my team on bye, I'm starting Collins and Foreman for the first time on my first place team. I believe in the up down theory and think the Ravens pull this one out at home against the surging Dolphins. Just hope Alex gets enough touches for a couple of his long runs and one to the house.

I'm losing patience. Been holding out hope on a contending team for one hot game to flip him but everyone's cold on him at this point. Obviously not injury related, but the hype/delusion is reminding me of my long ride on the D Washington train from last year. I'm done after this game. 

Users who are viewing this thread