What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (2 Viewers)

I hope you mean you put him in one of your RB slots ;)

Putting a Thursday night player in a Flex position is sub-optimal. You don't get different scoring, of course, if he's in that slot. Doesn't matter if Collins is in your RB1 slot and Kareem Hunt is in your Flex, they score the same, but I've seen too many teams burned over the years by putting a Thursday player in a flex spot, then left reeling on Sunday when there's a surprise inactive, injury, suspension, coaches demotion, wife in labor, or other shakeup that leaves you stuck without the actual flexibility that position is supposed to have. Managers who rank their starters and put the 3rd best guy in the "flex" position are doing it wrong. 
While you are right it doesn't matter unless you have questionable players

That score should keep the script in Collins' favor for the half... Collins early doing what he always does, runs hard and gets good yardage.

I hope you mean you put him in one of your RB slots ;)

Putting a Thursday night player in a Flex position is sub-optimal. You don't get different scoring, of course, if he's in that slot. Doesn't matter if Collins is in your RB1 slot and Kareem Hunt is in your Flex, they score the same, but I've seen too many teams burned over the years by putting a Thursday player in a flex spot, then left reeling on Sunday when there's a surprise inactive, injury, suspension, coaches demotion, wife in labor, or other shakeup that leaves you stuck without the actual flexibility that position is supposed to have. Managers who rank their starters and put the 3rd best guy in the "flex" position are doing it wrong. 
Meh..ok

If Collins could get involved in the passing game we'd be looking at a potential FF stud provided he can become their feature back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread