What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (1 Viewer)

My 1st time watching a Ravens game this season. I had to start Collins due to Gurley's bye. Have they always done this with Collins? He does something good for like two plays in a row then they take him out for Allen. 

I almost dropped him in my best ball league because I need a kicker with Greg the leg on the bye, so glad I didn't. Championship time!!!

My 1st time watching a Ravens game this season. I had to start Collins due to Gurley's bye. Have they always done this with Collins? He does something good for like two plays in a row then they take him out for Allen. 
Yep and most of the time they're losing, so Collins isn't able to get 20 carries.

Buck fumbled. What a turd.
Technically that's on Mallett, and not just because a fumbled exchanged is always charged to the QB. It was an awkward handoff and Buck never had it.

Still, sucks for those riding Collins. For the first time tonight, I feel slightly better about sitting him.

Yenrub said:
For the last 3 games. They supposedly don't trust him due to Collins being a fumbler in college. It's maddening because he's worked on it and has shown he can handle the rock so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well enjoy the vindication but this offense still has problems. This was an unusual matchup but I'll be happy to start AC34 week 9, kinda have to.

Honestly this could be best case scenario. To me it looked like buck had possession and just dropped it. That was not on mallet. 

Yep Ravens won't get it back due to the TAINT. Probably kneeldown if they do.

Final line for Alex Collins: 18 carries, 113 yards. 2 receptions for 30 yards.

Frustrating as hell, now I understand all the complaints from the Collins owners. With that said I must say, even though I felt OK about starting Collins 16.3 points is more than I could have hoped for. 

This may be the game where the Ravens realize Collins should be their feature back.

The difference between Collins & Allen is rather large. If Collins gets involved in the passing game, look out.

While I'm quite happy with Collins' performance.  I'd be lying if I said, Buck's goal line usage, didn't leave me a tad salty.  

Harabugh = Poop

I've enjoyed this thread more than any other this year, yet somehow I still dropped him last week for Dion Lewis.   :wall:

Maybe the terrible coaching decisions will keep the higher waiver priority folks away but doubtful. Nice call for those who held.

Alex Collins rushed 18 times for 113 yards in the Ravens' 40-0, Week 8 win over the Dolphins, adding two receptions for 30 additional yards.

Both before and after Joe Flacco's (concussion) injury, Collins put the Ravens on his back, consistently ripping 5-6 yard gains and keeping the Ravens' dismal offense out of 3rd-and-long situations. Collins seemed shot out of a cannon, decisively hitting the hole and breaking arm tackles. He's now averaging 5.97 yards through 80 carries. He's begging for more work, but out-touched Buck Allen just 20-18 this evening. Allen's workload was partly-scoreboard related, as the Ravens were playing from (way) ahead. Collins is banging down the RB2 door, and has a solid Week 9 matchup in the Titans.
Check the Miami @ Baltimore game thread, more Collins believers on the way.

So, I’m in a league with several Raven homers; I picked Collins up preemptively after he was activated from the PS before week 2. Have been holding onto him since, waiting for the breakout that would allow me to trade up with one of the flying rat fans. But he looked so good tonight; got some passes, got a couple of “10 zone” carries & J Allen looked bad, IMO.  Is the smart move to hold him or try to upgrade?

So, I’m in a league with several Raven homers; I picked Collins up preemptively after he was activated from the PS before week 2. Have been holding onto him since, waiting for the breakout that would allow me to trade up with one of the flying rat fans. But he looked so good tonight; got some passes, got a couple of “10 zone” carries & J Allen looked bad, IMO.  Is the smart move to hold him or try to upgrade?
I think the answer to that could be both. Collins is coming on & he's a great hold. On the other hand, his situation is uncertain & if you could get a legit stud RB pairing Collins with a player you don't depend on, I'd do it.

Started him in on league and benched him in another. Need a kicker in the one I benched him, guess I'm dropping Darkwa.

As always depends on what you could get.

Collins is good though. Don't sell him short. Even with the somewhat mind boggling usage by Harbaugh.

I think Harbaugh is becoming a believer as well.

As always depends on what you could get.

Collins is good though. Don't sell him short. Even with the somewhat mind boggling usage by Harbaugh.

I think Harbaugh is becoming a believer as well.
Most likely trades would be for a WR like Dez, T Hill, A Jeffrey.  Having Collins as a viable RB option seems like it would be more valuable. Those WRs would likely be a regular flex for me, but Collins with this type of production (a TD or 2 wouldn’t hurt) could be my new #2 RB

Most likely trades would be for a WR like Dez, T Hill, A Jeffrey.  Having Collins as a viable RB option seems like it would be more valuable. Those WRs would likely be a regular flex for me, but Collins with this type of production (a TD or 2 wouldn’t hurt) could be my new #2 RB
You said upgrade so I assumed you meant to move Collins along with extra compensation to upgrade at RB.

Trading Collins for another position depends on more factors. Lots of things to think about there.

Users who are viewing this thread