What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (4 Viewers)

Most likely trades would be for a WR like Dez, T Hill, A Jeffrey.  Having Collins as a viable RB option seems like it would be more valuable. Those WRs would likely be a regular flex for me, but Collins with this type of production (a TD or 2 wouldn’t hurt) could be my new #2 RB
As your happy with keeping him (which I think a lot of people who have him should be) then go for Broke or just keep him.

Not sure Jeffrey would be enough but Hill has the second most points right now. Sure move Collins for him if you can.

Thats always the nice thing about having a good player, if the other guy doesn't want to give up much for the player, you are happy to keep him.

Dez and Jeffrey are WR 2's right now, so that likely is a fair exchange. I am just not particularly excited about either of those guys. Maybe you like them more than I do.

Depends on if this is redraft or dynasty too. Collins is only RB 45 going into this game (he will be higher than that after this week). He doesn't even have a TD yet. But I think Collins will be a RB two by the end of the season, possibly knocking on RB one level. I think he is about as valuable as Aaron Jones right now.

If this were dynasty then I would be more willing to trade him for WRs. I just would want some different WR than Jeffrey or Dez.

Maybe I am over valuing Collins with this view right now. He hasn't proven it yet. But what I have seen from him in previous games does have me thinking Collins will be a RB two by the end of this year and possibly borderline RB one.

Miami did not look good in this game and perhaps their rushing defense not as good as they looked statistically before this game. They are above average at least though and Collins doing what he did against them is impressive in my opinion.

Flacco being out might hurt the overall outlook for him, but maybe not. They got one of their guards back healthy and that seemed to help. There were some holes there. Collins does a lot of work on his own though.

I guess what I am trying to say is don't move him unless the player you are getting back is someone you really like more. I don't think what Collins did is flukey at all. He earned most of those yards with his skill and that is sustainable.

Was watching some highlights and seems that Collins could be even better with some consistent play around him.

One play was a pull from the right side, with a tackle and TE slanting/pilling left to open a hole between the tackles on the right side. In a blink Collins was in the secondary, breaking the safety’s ankles as he cut right.

He was tackled by the lone CB on the WR split right. That WR totally lazed out on his block, not even bothering getting in front of the CB.

The slightest block there? Collins had an easy open field down the right side of the field for a TD.

Literally this guy is a touch away from busting itcwide open on any play. He’s mired by mediocrity all around him - including behind the clipboard- but man is he exciting to watch.

Hopefully he won’t be denied the lion’s share forward. No question he deserves it.

Collins played on 49% of the snaps (season high) and was utilized 20 times (season high) (18 carries, 2 targets)

Allen played on 48% of the snaps (season low) and was utilized 20 times (17 carries, 3 targets)
This still scares me a bit. Especially with west and woodhead coming back soon. 

Like others I dropped him for dion, but could bid hard to pick him back up. Collins and Aaron jones are on waivers. Now to decide who to blow my faab wad on 

Good point about Woodhead, but I think his return will have a bigger impact on Allen. West could definitely cut into Collins’ touches. This was the perfect scenio for Collins to establish himself~ large lead and a backup QB- and it didn’t happen. He has minimal fantasy relevancy moving forward.

Good point about Woodhead, but I think his return will have a bigger impact on Allen. West could definitely cut into Collins’ touches. This was the perfect scenio for Collins to establish himself~ large lead and a backup QB- and it didn’t happen. He has minimal fantasy relevancy moving forward.
I tend to agree. Your couldn’t make up a better script. I don’t want to sound like a pessimist. I love this guy. But I’m not totally sold yet, harbaugh makes me nervous 

By the time Woodhead gets back, I expect Collins to be their feature back. Woodhead will kill Allen's value, but I don't believe he'll affect Collins much at all. Woody could possibly take some receptions away, but Collins should still get a few targets a game.

No reason to think the Ravens won't use Woodhead the same as they did on the first series of the year when he got hurt. He looked to be their CoP/pass-catching back on that drive & it's not likely to change, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
STarted solely to have a guy playing on an otherwise crap thurs night tilt...

Couldnt be happier.

Unless Harbs decided to use him on the goalline... But hey.... dummies be dumb.

It's all about the fundamentals here...no doubt there is legit talent here but his fumbling is the key...you can not put that aspect of his game in the rear-view mirror yet...not with a Coach like Harbaugh......as long as he doesn't put the ball on the carpet last night should be a sign of things to come although the Ravens are a funky team and it feels like every week is gonna be a little different as far as what type of game they are involved in...as far as dealing him IMO it depends on your depth at RB...if you are loaded then you can try to deal him for an upgrade at one of your starting positons...if not you sit back and cross your finger that he is one of those lottery tickets...after last night the owners who have been patient with him have to be happy because they now have options...good spot to be in this time of the year...

Jesus, I carry this bum all season, and am forced to drop him to cover byes THE WEEKEND he loses his mind. Sometimes fantasy football is a real kick in the nads. 
Opposite here. I've been trying to trade Collins away for low-level WR depth nonstop the last few weeks. Luckily there were no takers.  I'll just consider getting "stuck" with him to be great coaching on my part.  :P

I still have a few shares but didn't use him. In my one very important legaue I dropped him last week for Dion. Of course my opponents this week scooped him up and used him...

Got outbid for Darkwa by the Big Blue homer in my league, who now has 5 Giants in his team - after dropping OBJ. Enjoy your stay in 8th place, bruh.

Collins was the consolation prize. The plan (subject to change) is to hold because I love his schedule Weeks 13, 14, & 16. With Bell, Martin, Mixon, & Smallwood I doubt he starts on my magic football team before then, but I like this guy a lot as a RL football player.

Not surprised Buck Allen is crushing him in the pass receiving Dept but I’m hoping Harbough will start using him in short yardage more, & provided he does his job WRT ball security, give this some RZ shots. He’s got some Marion Barber / Chris Ivory -type demon inside him.
Spent a buck on him 9 days ago, dropped 24 hours later for Ivory.

Alright fellas, how much is this gonna cost me? I got $70 FAAB left. Full PPR. My other RBs are Bell, Martin, Mixon & some lottery tickets.

40-50%?

He’s has two tough run Ds left, the bye week, one neutral and four plus matchups (Weeks 11, 13-14, & 16.)

You said upgrade so I assumed you meant to move Collins along with extra compensation to upgrade at RB.

Trading Collins for another position depends on more factors. Lots of things to think about there.
I'm allright at WR 1 & 2, but weak at RB2, and have been using a couple guys in an out at my flex.  My most consistent flex has been Gronk (using Brate as my TE).  My main RB2 has been Gore.  I'm not sure the difference at flex is worth what I might be giving up with Collins at RB2.

Few thoughts:

Woodhead (lel) even when be comes back I'll give him 5 series before he is done for the year. If he some how stays healthy he will cut into Allen's touches.

Schedule ROS looks like games perfect for Collins getting 20+ touches. Only game that scares me is Houston. That could get out of hand quickish.

Collins is trending in the right way to get the goal line touches as trust continues to build.  Bucks terrible goal line touches continue which helps this as well.

Edit: Tried to tell you fellas cream always rises to the top.

As your happy with keeping him (which I think a lot of people who have him should be) then go for Broke or just keep him.

Not sure Jeffrey would be enough but Hill has the second most points right now. Sure move Collins for him if you can.

Thats always the nice thing about having a good player, if the other guy doesn't want to give up much for the player, you are happy to keep him.

Dez and Jeffrey are WR 2's right now, so that likely is a fair exchange. I am just not particularly excited about either of those guys. Maybe you like them more than I do.

Depends on if this is redraft or dynasty too. Collins is only RB 45 going into this game (he will be higher than that after this week). He doesn't even have a TD yet. But I think Collins will be a RB two by the end of the season, possibly knocking on RB one level. I think he is about as valuable as Aaron Jones right now.

If this were dynasty then I would be more willing to trade him for WRs. I just would want some different WR than Jeffrey or Dez.

Maybe I am over valuing Collins with this view right now. He hasn't proven it yet. But what I have seen from him in previous games does have me thinking Collins will be a RB two by the end of this year and possibly borderline RB one.

Miami did not look good in this game and perhaps their rushing defense not as good as they looked statistically before this game. They are above average at least though and Collins doing what he did against them is impressive in my opinion.

Flacco being out might hurt the overall outlook for him, but maybe not. They got one of their guards back healthy and that seemed to help. There were some holes there. Collins does a lot of work on his own though.

I guess what I am trying to say is don't move him unless the player you are getting back is someone you really like more. I don't think what Collins did is flukey at all. He earned most of those yards with his skill and that is sustainable.
If he had had this game a few weeks back, I'd have tried to package him with another player for RBs like Montgomery, CJ Anderson, or McKinnon.  Now, the shine is off those RBs, to some degree.  Might see if I can work something out for Mckinnon, but I'm not convinced that he's going to be a huge upgrade over Collins, and I wouldn't have to give something else up to keep Collins.

Wish I started him over Ajayi. Oh well!

I may try to package him with D. Murray for a better RB. Or maybe I should move Ajayi instead. Hmm...

Keep in mind, the Ravens are still the Ravens. They just happened to play a team that is more pathetic than them. I see this being a high point for Collins, not suddenly the norm. He will be TD reliant because he will never have more than a catch or two a game. 

What didn't happen?

The guy gained 140 yards from scrimmage, added a few receptions and GL carries that hadn't been there prior, sustained a crazy YPC, and continued to outplay Allen.

Curious what more he should have done  to "establish himself".

Keep in mind, the Ravens are still the Ravens. They just happened to play a team that is more pathetic than them. I see this being a high point for Collins, not suddenly the norm. He will be TD reliant because he will never have more than a catch or two a game. 
There are definitely a few factors that have that voice in my head whispering "sell high".

Could be one fumble away from permanent irrelevance.

West and Woodhead returning soon.

Ravens offense is still lousy, and may now have Mallett at QB.

Harbaugh's steadfast commitment to a RB committee.

Buck Allen is that you?

I don’t mind the sell high posts.   It might be a smart thing to do.  I would sell high IF I was getting a King’s ransom in return.  At this point in the season, starting rbs are a very hot commodity.  Collins is a young back coming into his own and gets featured more and more every week.  And every time they feature him more he produces like an elite back.   

So if I trade him, it will be for a top 10 wr.  Or a top 2 te.  That’s about it.  Other than that I will gladly keep him and start him over ajayi moving forward until I’m proven wrong for doing so.  

Buck Allen is that you?
As a Buck Allen owner, it is obvious that Collins is the most talented Ravens RB.  The biggest problem with any of the Raven RBs is that the Ravens O stinks.  That was why Allen had value.  He was the passing down RB.  Collins will have value when Baltimore is playing with a lead and Allen will have value when the Ravens are passing.  I guess you could use Collins or Allen depending on their competition that week.  West and Woodhead should not be in the discussion.  West is not good and Woodhead will not stay on the field for long when he does return. 

I don’t mind the sell high posts.   It might be a smart thing to do.  I would sell high IF I was getting a King’s ransom in return.  At this point in the season, starting rbs are a very hot commodity.  Collins is a young back coming into his own and gets featured more and more every week.  And every time they feature him more he produces like an elite back.   

So if I trade him, it will be for a top 10 wr.  Or a top 2 te.  That’s about it.  Other than that I will gladly keep him and start him over ajayi moving forward until I’m proven wrong for doing so.  
That’s not a small sample size leading the NFL in YPC.

What didn't happen?

The guy gained 140 yards from scrimmage, added a few receptions and GL carries that hadn't been there prior, sustained a crazy YPC, and continued to outplay Allen.

Curious what more he should have done  to "establish himself".
This is where I am.  From my perspective, he absolutely did establish himself.  Allen getting all those carries was about game script.  If they don't possess the ball for 107% of the game I think Allen is the one getting less work, not Collins.  And when Woodhead gets back it's going to be Allen that makes room, not Collins.  Woodhead can't run with Collins' power or effectiveness.

I'd sell for Tyreek Hill in a heartbeat, like giving myself an MI type heartbeat.  I'd happily take Dez too assuming you don't have to start a new RB in place of Collins. 

Spent a buck on him 9 days ago, dropped 24 hours later for Ivory.

Alright fellas, how much is this gonna cost me? I got $70 FAAB left. Full PPR. My other RBs are Bell, Martin, Mixon & some lottery tickets.

40-50%?

He’s has two tough run Ds left, the bye week, one neutral and four plus matchups (Weeks 11, 13-14, & 16.)
Spend $20-25 on him MINIMUM. This guy is a Harbaugh revelation away from being a legit RB2 with RB1 upside if he gets consistent goal line work/couple receptions per game.

No it's reality. Something that doesn't exist for the one player that has an exorbitant amount of man crush on FBG each year ;)

coming from a Collins owner since week 3. 
Reality? More like delusion. You don't think Collins will have another 20 touch game this year after establishing himself as the lead back this week? Have you seen his schedule? He has many match ups ahead where he will touch the ball 20+ times again...Most likely with some TDs. Good luck with Allen though.

Reality? More like delusion. You don't think Collins will have another 20 touch game this year after establishing himself as the lead back this week? Have you seen his schedule? He has many match ups ahead where he will touch the ball 20+ times again...Most likely with some TDs. Good luck with Allen though.
As I said, I am a Collins owner. But keep playing the forum tough guy role with the Allen comebacks. Just trying to contribute to discussion not drop snide remarks. 

Users who are viewing this thread