What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (2 Viewers)

He was a nice pickup off the wire last yr for me.

That said it was brutal watching him get pulled for no reason, at the goal line, after a couple nice runs, etc. No rhyme or reason for it and now Dixon is back too.

He can rush for 2000 yds this yr....I won't own him

If he could catch he would be a gem. Maybe he can learn. I have no doubt he can continue his game on the ground. It’s not easy to post that kind of breakaway game. I’ve found myself passing on him where he goes but I wonder if I’ll regret it. I do have concerns they’ll turn away from him with negative game script. Javorius Allen is probably the pass catching back still.
He may not be a great receiving back but he certainly wasn't a liability in the passing game. 64% catch rate for 8.1 ypc

He may not be a great receiving back but he certainly wasn't a liability in the passing game. 64% catch rate for 8.1 ypc
Certainly not BUT they did want to rely on Allen and he hasn’t gone away. I’m with CowboysFan8, as good as Collins was people have put the shared backfield in the past but it is still present with a potential new problem in Dixon.

Certainly not BUT they did want to rely on Allen and he hasn’t gone away. I’m with CowboysFan8, as good as Collins was people have put the shared backfield in the past but it is still present with a potential new problem in Dixon.
I don't think they wanted to rely on Allen at all actually. Collins just had to earn the trust of the coaching staff. Big year incoming for Collins. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree about the risk but I think that risk is priced into his ADP as an RB2.

I love Collins in the 4th.  Just grabbed him in a high stakes draft that ended and hour ago at the 4.06 spot.  I drafted him 5.02 in a high stakes draft back on 7/31.  Was surprised I grabbed him so late tonight. I debated between he and Henry at 3.07 because I have them valued the same. I went with Henry because I thought my chances of landing Collins in the 4th was better than the inverse... it worked out perfectly for me.

Rhythmdoctor said:
I love Collins in the 4th.  Just grabbed him in a high stakes draft that ended and hour ago at the 4.06 spot.  I drafted him 5.02 in a high stakes draft back on 7/31.  Was surprised I grabbed him so late tonight. I debated between he and Henry at 3.07 because I have them valued the same. I went with Henry because I thought my chances of landing Collins in the 4th was better than the inverse... it worked out perfectly for me.
i grabbed him off waivers last season and used one of my 2 keepers ....he became my 8th rd pick...cant go wrong at that position

**Just wanted to warn everyone here**

In my big money league, one of the owners is notorious for making terrible RB picks in rounds 2-4. Every year he screws it up. His past is littered with these blunders: Ameer Abdullah, Zac Stacy, Thomas Rawls, etc. Last year it was Crowell. 

So I am sure you can guess who his pick in the 3rd round at RB was this year. I would sell fast boys. 

In my big money league, one of the owners is notorious for making terrible RB picks in rounds 2-4. Every year he screws it up. His past is littered with these blunders: Ameer Abdullah, Zac Stacy, Thomas Rawls, etc. Last year it was Crowell. 

So I am sure you can guess who his pick in the 3rd round at RB was this year. I would sell fast boys. 
God dammit!!

I posed this same question in the K. Drake thread, but figured it's relevant here as well since I'm regularly having to decide whether I want to draft Collins OR Drake (almost always seem to be ranked within 2 RB-picks of each other).

Was all in on Collins as Miami added Gore to the roster, but after hearing the news from Gase saying he wants to give Drake 5-20 carries and see 6-8 targets per game + seeing the Collins enthusiasm wane a little, I'm starting to lean more toward the Drake side.

Is the Collins train still rolling or have we slowed a bit?

I posed this same question in the K. Drake thread, but figured it's relevant here as well since I'm regularly having to decide whether I want to draft Collins OR Drake (almost always seem to be ranked within 2 RB-picks of each other).

Was all in on Collins as Miami added Gore to the roster, but after hearing the news from Gase saying he wants to give Drake 5-20 carries and see 6-8 targets per game + seeing the Collins enthusiasm wane a little, I'm starting to lean more toward the Drake side.

Choo choooooooo! 

:tfp:

still rolling for me.

Drake looked amazing in the preseason. Against many future insurance salesmen. 

:pickle:

I'm expecting big things from Collins this year. I plan on starting him week 1 at home vs. Buffalo over Freeman (@Philly) in my non-PPR league.

And no, this isn't a thinly veiled WDIS post. I've already made up my mind...=)

just giving an example of conviction from an owner with other good options.

Remember when the Bills were going to run Spiller till he puked?  Remember earlier this pre-season when Dallas was going to give T. Austin 15 touches a game?

Coaches lie..its what they do.

Keeping Collins for a 12th/14 round pick this year. It's great value and I can't pass it up. I may try to trade him at some point possibly, but Dixon hasn't shown much so it's very possible Collins is the guy for better or worse. I am hoping the draft board falls to me in such a way that Collins can be my RB2b. Picking 4th I'll have the left overs from the top 4, and then I am hoping a solid RB falls to me at 21 overall. 

Also keeping JuJu for 14th/14th and JimmyG at 13th/14. So I have lots of value this year. 

Cowboysfan8 said:
He was a nice pickup off the wire last yr for me.

That said it was brutal watching him get pulled for no reason, at the goal line, after a couple nice runs, etc. No rhyme or reason for it and now Dixon is back too.

He can rush for 2000 yds this yr....I won't own him

the guy fumbled about once every 15 carries (iirc) going back to college. not exactly no reason...

the guy fumbled about once every 15 carries (iirc) going back to college. not exactly no reason...
I may have the wrong player but I believe he fumbled at the goal line twice last year. Possibly in the same game. I just remember getting excited about him finally getting goal line carries and then thinking "well that was fun while it lasted" 

I may have the wrong player but I believe he fumbled at the goal line twice last year. Possibly in the same game. I just remember getting excited about him finally getting goal line carries and then thinking "well that was fun while it lasted" 

i don't think collins had any fumbles near the goalline last year. (at least they're not showing up at football reference.)

but he did have a couple fumbles early with the team and a long history of coughing up the ball, so they were cautious with him near the end zone, especially earlier in the season.

You have the wrong guy. Buck did at the goal line vs Miami. 

He fumbled once every 41 touches in college which is very poor. If it were once every 15 he wouldn’t be anywhere close to a NFL field.

Rhythmdoctor said:
Similar to my draft - I took him at 4.07 as my RB2 and couldn't be happier (started Kamara, Allen, Gronk).

Rhythmdoctor said:
I realize nobody really cares, but below are my starters from this draft quoted above. I really like this team.  I'm not sure it's my favorite team that I've drafted but it's up there.  I really wanted Watson over Wilson but I have them both ranked pretty darn even, so I'm thrilled with Wilson as well.  Wilson is a game changer.  I also think AJ Green is vastly underrated this year.  I think he is a lock for top 10 with high probability of top 5.  Everyone is sleeping on the reliable stud vet.  If the Bengals can avoid being crummy again and just get back to slightly above average, Green will be good.  He got hurt in 2016 and put up nearly 1,000 yards in 10 games.  Green is a legit elite WR and he's slipping in drafts.

Russel Wilson

Leonard Fournette

Derek Henry

Alex Collins (Flex 1)

Adrian Peterson (Flex 2 - Alfred Morris / Nick Chub / Courtland Sutton / Mike Williams on deck)

AJ Green

Michael Crabtree

Jimmy Graham

Harrison Butker

JAGUARS

That came from an ESPN report. The reporter asked Drake if he can be "the guy." Drake made a statement about yeah if we're kind of flat I wanna be that big playmaker that turns the game around. The reporter then does to Gase and says "Hey Drake says he can be your best player this year." Yeah, well, if we can run 75 plays a game, I could see Drake getting....

Miami averaged 62.2 plays per game in 2017. The NFL average was 63.3. This is not news. 

It means absolutely nothing.

A week ago Rotoworld reported Frank Gore will be the starter and both backs will see work. If you follow the blurb back to the Miami Herald story, it wasn't a story sourced to coach quotes. It was a general review the 2018 Dolphins roster. At RB the have veteran Frank Gore and youngster Kenyon Drake, they'll be some kind of split, and both will see touches. Nothing about Gore starting.

Regardless, I love Drake's talent, I don't know that the offense will be very good, and situation is kind of important in FF.

Anyway....

Just as a football fan, I love watching Alex Collins. Like even short gains, he just looks explosive. He is just about my favorite running back to watch. I owned him last year, did not draft him in full PPR redraft this season. But I really hope he has a monster year.

I think I have heard more "experts" bash him as an average talent than any other emerging talent the last few years. Isn't that elusive, doesn't have long speed, yada yada ya. And I'm always like "are you guys watching the same game I am?"

I think it's mostly because he he got cut by Seattle and nobody saw it coming. Some people who do this for a living hate admitting they were wrong about a player.

Weebs210 said:
I also like to make up stuff up on the internet.
haha i couldn't find it again but i just remembered it was a lot a lot.

someone else corrected and said every 41. i can't verify that. if that's right, i feel silly for being that far off but, hey, that's still a #### ton of fumbles for a high volume guy. so hyperbole, mistake, bad memory. whatever. he fumbled a ton in college.

someone else corrected and said every 41. i can't verify that. if that's right, i feel silly for being that far off but, hey, that's still a #### ton of fumbles for a high volume guy. so hyperbole, mistake, bad memory. whatever. he fumbled a ton in college.
I got 17 fumbles from the below Baltimore Sun article and divided by his number of college touches per pro football reference. I read in another article that he fumbled 17 times and lost 9 of them.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-alex-collins-fumbling-1006-story,amp.html 

Hoping this guy falls to the late 4th for me in a 10-team non-PPR tonight.  Perfect RB2 with low-end RB1 upside.
10-team i’d Say there’s an outside chance, but hardly bankable. I took him 35th overall in a 12-teamed, but only because I was certain 1.12 was going RB/RB. I would have waited had the turn already drafted a RB (and later learned that he wouldn’t have made it back regardlsss) so 34-36 overall seems to be about his current average draft spot. 

A few weeks back he fell to the 4th, but never to late 4th. I’d be very skeptical that he’d be available there tbh. 

Went 3.08  :(

But can’t say I’m too upset...

1. ODB 2. Cook 3. Fitz 4. Ingram 5. Rudolph 6. Goodwin

Peyton Barber in the 6th? This is my first draft in over a week but that’s 2 rounds higher than I had seen previously.

ETA: Fitz and ODB same bye hah  :wall:

You're in a big money league with Otis?

A throwback to the LHUCKS "I didn't make it up, I guessed"  defense

10-team i’d Say there’s an outside chance, but hardly bankable. I took him 35th overall in a 12-teamed, but only because I was certain 1.12 was going RB/RB. I would have waited had the turn already drafted a RB (and later learned that he wouldn’t have made it back regardlsss) so 34-36 overall seems to be about his current average draft spot. 

A few weeks back he fell to the 4th, but never to late 4th. I’d be very skeptical that he’d be available there tbh. 
I'm also hoping Collins falls late 4th in two drafts this week, but thinking this is now highly unlikely.

Really like his setup, but finding it a bit of a reach to possibly grab him early in the 3rd with pick 27 overall. Seems too early.

I'm also hoping Collins falls late 4th in two drafts this week, but thinking this is now highly unlikely.

Really like his setup, but finding it a bit of a reach to possibly grab him early in the 3rd with pick 27 overall. Seems too early.
Just went pick 30 in my redraft yesterday. The info source most of us in that draftroom use has Collins pretty much ranked as a legit FFB RB1 -- a low-end RB1, but still starting in FFB.

All depends on the flow of the draft. 

ADP has a high and a low. 

If 16 of the first 24 picks are RBs and Collins is there at 3.03, it’s a long way to wait to see if he’s there. 

Just a hypothetical, of course; but strange  things happen on draft day.

With McKinnon out for the year, and the Bell situation getting ugly, that’s 1 fewer RB (& possibly one more depending on Bell’s situation)  picked ahead of him. 

Anyone drafting this late should be looking past ADP and understanding that a “reach” doesn’t always mean it’s a bad pick.

after Collins/Freeman, RBs kind of fall off a cliff.  There’s some value guys like Barber & Hyde; but I’ve see their values jump lately too (5/6 round) but that’s 2 dudes for a lot of teams drafting. You have to decide if you can risk it.

the downside is missing the values & having Frank Gore, Latavius Murray & Deion Lewis as your 3 top backs.   :X

All depends on the flow of the draft. 

ADP has a high and a low. 

If 16 of the first 24 picks are RBs and Collins is there at 3.03, it’s a long way to wait to see if he’s there. 

Just a hypothetical, of course; but strange  things happen on draft day.

With McKinnon out for the year, and the Bell situation getting ugly, that’s 2 fewer RBs picked ahead of him

Anyomw drafting this late should be looking past ADP and understanding that a “reach” doesn’t always mean it’s a bad pick.

after Collins/Freeman, RBs kind of fall off a cliff.  There’s some value guys like Barber & Hyde; but I’ve see their values jump lately too (5/6 round) but that’s 2 dudes for a lot of teams drafting. You have to decide if you can risk it.

the downside is missing the values & having Frank Gore, Latavius Murray & Deion Lewis as your 3 top backs.   :X
Are you suggesting Bell is not drafted ahead of Collins?

This is a GREAT point. It ain't a reach if you have a turn pick and you know a guy won't come back to you 20+ picks later ... you pull that trigger with confidence.
I'm not a big fan of predetermining draft strategy, but I know that my best teams always seem to be RB heavy early on. I'd like to get 2 RBs in my first three picks.

At 2 or 3 overall in two leagues, I know I'm getting one stud. I can then grab either Gronk or a WR late 2nd and then it's the early third that's the big debate.

J. Howard is usually sitting there. Not sure I'm a fan of Mixon. So it's here...if Howard is gone...I'm considering Collins. 

I guess it isn't a reach if you think Collins is a rock solid #2 RB.

Users who are viewing this thread