What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (1 Viewer)

That route Buck ran, Collins can’t do that. Buck will be the preferred passing down back and play a ton in game scripts like this because of that. And steal some goal line. And oddly get a few carries when it makes no sense to have Collins out in any game script.

Collins must be burning right now.  Puts up impressive per touch nUmbers, destroys Buck in production, but plays second fiddle.  

Bustaroosky fellas.  When Bell signs I’m in trouble.  

Last edited by a moderator:
dude...you`re JAG....Collins is a starting NFL rb ...a world class athlete...hes not JAG lol...i i dont mean that to be offensive...just putting that expression into perspective when JAG says things like that on a message board
I don’t think he meant relative to all people.  Just other football players.  

David Brent 

:context:

My biggest frustration is everyone sees the talent difference between Collins and Allen and yet he does not get the % of touches that the talent warrants. With that said I will say for the first time Allen at least did contribute something and did not look as pedestrian as he usually does.

My biggest frustration is everyone sees the talent difference between Collins and Allen and yet he does not get the % of touches that the talent warrants. With that said I will say for the first time Allen at least did contribute something and did not look as pedestrian as he usually does.
The talent difference is stark...

Watching this game reminded me of why I avoided Collins this year. I had him last year and it seemed like every other week, he would look great yet not get as many touches as you'd think he would, while some crappy RB got nearly as many.  It aggravated me last year and that must have been stuck with me which is why I turned my nose at him in every draft I did and didn't even consider him. 

I still think they want to get him the ball 18-22 times. Buck was only on the field in obvious passing situations the first 2-3 drives. Then the whole game fell apart and a big deficit is going to hurt his usage. And week 1 the starting O played 5 snaps into the second half before it was 40-0. Again 2 really weird game scripts. I’d be buying- buying a guy who is going to get about 20 touches and is going to see Buck Allen frustrate the hell out of me for a lot of the year. And who has fumble issues. There may be people selling Collins as a guy who will get 10-12 touches every week along with the last 2 points. I don’t think he’s that. 

Alex Collins rushed nine times for 35 yards in the Ravens' Week 2 loss to the Bengals, adding three catches for 55 additional yards.

Collins was breaking tackles — especially on his 24-yard catch-and-rumble in the third quarter — but coach John Harbaugh was addicted to giving Buck Allen touches. At one point in the broadcast, color commentator Troy Aikman matter of factly referred to Allen as the Ravens' goal-line back. Allen indeed converted from the one-yard line for a second quarter score. Collins failed on a one-yard attempt of his own just before the break. On a 3rd-and-1 in the fourth, Harbaugh dialed up a Maxx Williamsrun. Collins is the Ravens' most-talented — and most-used — back, but he has some work to do before nailing down true every-week RB2 status.

Sep 13 - 11:57 PM

You know, I had made an offer to the Alex Collins owner in my league and he said he might look to deal him next week. After this game I may not even bother with him. I refuse to go through the Collins/Allen headache again like I did last year. I don't even own him anymore and I got pissed watching it tonight.

You know, I had made an offer to the Alex Collins owner in my league and he said he might look to deal him next week. After this game I may not even bother with him. I refuse to go through the Collins/Allen headache again like I did last year. I don't even own him anymore and I got pissed watching it tonight.
He's a great runner. He'll get his. I'm quietly assembling RBs behind him though.

The talent difference is stark...
As a runner, they are not comparable. However, Collins doesn't appear to be a good pass protector from what I've seen and he body catches passes like it's a grenade. Buck Allen appears to be better in both regards.  That said, I can't explain the goal-line carries unless they prefer Buck's versatility in those packages. 

That said, I can't explain the goal-line carries... 
It is the single biggest indicator that the coaching staff still doesn't trust Collins's ball security.

People can point to whatever he did over eight games last year but it is obvious the coaching staff, who know his ability far better than any of us (stop, just stop. They do you don't--not referring to you NYRAGE) and they clearly, with absolute certainty don't trust him in those situations.

Great talent as a runner but people need to accept what he is, a flawed talent who will produce as a low end #2 RB in magic football. Be happy with that, it's a pretty remarkable story with a positive outcome (I refuse to say "happy ending" in front of this crowd...damn.)

Watching this game reminded me of why I avoided Collins this year. I had him last year and it seemed like every other week, he would look great yet not get as many touches as you'd think he would, while some crappy RB got nearly as many.  It aggravated me last year and that must have been stuck with me which is why I turned my nose at him in every draft I did and didn't even consider him. 
Ok but for where he was going in drafts all the running backs had these question marks. 

I chalk up last nights usage to game flow. They were down early, and passed a crapload. Did Collins fumble or something? I don’t see it in the stat line and everyone is talking about his fumbling. 

The Ravens were down 21-0 and the defense couldn't get a stop.  Collins had 20 yards at that point.  So I was actually pleasantly surprised to see him still getting most of the snaps and touches throughout the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  He looked great and ended up with 90 yards. Even got a goal line carry that he didn't convert.  Ravens went entirely with Buck for the 4th quarter while in no-huddle mode.

Not sure why people are talking about bailing on him.  If anything, I would say he's been a bit unlucky and will be fine.

Didn't see the game last night but most of the grousing (lack of touches, goal line vulturing, etc.) was covered extensively in here by the never-Collins side of the discussion.

This stuff shouldn't be a surprise. :shrug:

I wonder if Mixon owners are going crazy that Mixon had less points than Collins in a Bengal blow out?

Its far from a disaster, just a wait and see type situation. For me, he'll reward patience across the season and come good, kind of like he did last year. Admittedly, not ideal if he's locked in as your RB2. Luckily, I scooped Conner off the wire quickly a week or two back so Collins has been downgraded to my flex position for just now and he's fine in that role for just now

I chalk up last nights usage to game flow. They were down early, and passed a crapload. Did Collins fumble or something? I don’t see it in the stat line and everyone is talking about his fumbling. 
Yes, he fumbled like on the first drive but Ravens recovered.

Wow... were people expecting 20 fantasy points a week? 

What I see is a continuation of last year. His YPC is low, volume is low- but more do to game script (first week blow out, last night was a lot of passing to catch up). in ppr he put in a decent game, but I'm surprised at what it seems people were expecting from him. 

dude...you`re JAG....Collins is a starting NFL rb ...a world class athlete...hes not JAG lol...i i dont mean that to be offensive...just putting that expression into perspective when JAG says things like that on a message board
Hey, how do you know I'm not Odell Beckham Jr.??????   Obviously we are all JAGs on this site when compared to any NFL Players.  It's all relative though.  There is a considerable difference in talent between Gurley and Collins though.  Now, put Todd Gurley into a career in technology and he would most likely be considered JAG compared to Bill Gates.  All relative.

I did laugh at your post though.  No one has ever called me JAG and it doesn't feel good.  I apologize Alex Collins.  :hifive:

Wow... were people expecting 20 fantasy points a week? 

What I see is a continuation of last year. His YPC is low, volume is low- but more do to game script (first week blow out, last night was a lot of passing to catch up). in ppr he put in a decent game, but I'm surprised at what it seems people were expecting from him. 
He did okay but it is the number of snaps that he gets vs Allen that is concerning.    Also the scripts from Week 1 vs Week 2 were so different but yet played out the same way for Collins is a major concern to me.   If Allen is the change-of-pace guy AND short yardage back then I'm not sure exactly what game scenario is favorable to Collins.

Users who are viewing this thread