What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (2 Viewers)

I was all over this guy as a rookie, had him in all three leagues.  Ran out of patience/taxi spots for him so had to move on, but fortunately was able to get him back in a bunch of leagues.

Thinking about picking him up in one dynasty, but here is the question. Short benches, best ball league, and I am a contender. Do I drop Blount and stash him? It is hard to stash people in this league with large starting lineup, and superflex.
If your only cost is dropping Blount, absolutely.

I say this as an Eagles fan who's watched every snap of preseason and regular season: Blount is cooked. I have no idea what sort of fairy dust Belichick sprinkled on him, but it's sure as #### worn off now. He just can't hit the holes before they close (and the Eagles have an above-average OL).

If you're a contender, I'd rather have a guy with a 10% chance of being a league-winner than a guy with a 90% chance of taking up space.

If your only cost is dropping Blount, absolutely.

I say this as an Eagles fan who's watched every snap of preseason and regular season: Blount is cooked. I have no idea what sort of fairy dust Belichick sprinkled on him, but it's sure as #### worn off now. He just can't hit the holes before they close (and the Eagles have an above-average OL).

If you're a contender, I'd rather have a guy with a 10% chance of being a league-winner than a guy with a 90% chance of taking up space.

But... by definition... if you drop Blount for someone who is a 10% chance of being a league-winner... the other 90% of the time that "league-winner" will also just be taking up space...

MATH!  :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
But... by definition... if you drop Blount for someone who is a 10% chance of being a league-winner... the other 90% of the time that "league-winner" will also just be taking up space...

MATH!  :lmao:
Okay, how's this? I'd rather have a guy with a 10% chance of being a league-winner than one with a 0% chance.

HIGHER MATH!  :P

Terrance West (thigh) returned to practice Friday.

We should have a final injury report soon, as the Ravens are across the pond in England. West's game status probably has more effect on Buck Allen's fantasy appeal than West's himself. Allen is worth starting no matter what
Not sure if he was full, limited or what but BLEH.

Cowboysfan8 said:
That was a short train ride 
I'm of no mind that this is West's backfield on any front.  They are working hard for someone to take it away from him.  Whoever that is, I don't know but he won't last

Terrance West (thigh) is questionable for Week 3 against the Jaguars.

Michael Campanaro (ankle), Anthony Levine (chest), Chris Matthews (ankle) and Za'Darius Smith (ankle, knee) also drew the questionable tag while Maxx Williams (ankle) has been ruled out. West didn't practice on Wednesday and Thursday but returned to a full session on Friday and should be good to go for Sunday's game at Wembley Stadium. Buck Allen has out-touched him 40-29 through two games, though West has two touchdowns to Allen's one.
So... he is practicing. But still questionable.  I think Collins is just a stash at this point, as most of these types of guys are.

Terrance West (calf) is active for Week 3 against the Jaguars in London.

West sat out the first two practices of the week, but he was able to get in a full session on Friday. Despite being active, West may not be ready for a full workload at less than 100 percent, and Buck Allen has out-touched him 40-29 through two weeks. Allen looks like the better fantasy play and a quality RB2 while West is more of a hope-for-a-touchdown FLEX option.
seems like the hype train on Collins has slowed a bit. With the above news, thoughts on his game script this morning?

If you look at Greg Roman's career as OC every season he has had a primary 1,000 yard back. Mostly iirc that was Gore then McCoy. I'd have to think they have a program or plan to find one to fit that mold at Baltimore. I have low expectations today, my one question is if Harbaugh saying Collins deserved more time for playing well win pan out and if a trend appears, that's it.

I guess this is a really good time for a London game. As someone else posted earlier, we can see how Collins is used today and drop him if he never sees the field. There's also a chance West is just active as an emergency back, Collins gets 15 carries and goes berserk on our benches, and we poor Champagne (not sparkling wine - Champagne) all over each other.

I guess this is a really good time for a London game. As someone else posted earlier, we can see how Collins is used today and drop him if he never sees the field. There's also a chance West is just active as an emergency back, Collins gets 15 carries and goes berserk on our benches, and we poor Champagne (not sparkling wine - Champagne) all over each other.
I’d love to see a big game from him!  I need one of my ‘lotto tickets’ to hit!

Maybe after the awesome display put on so far by the Ravens, they'll actually consider playing their best RB. 

They are going to have to play Allen after they go down 13-0 or 17-0. 

Obviously the game script is awful for this guy.

But he has looked good in limited run.  How are people evaluating him?  Any chance he takes the job over West?

He is my lotto ticket but Yahoo allows you to drop bench players in game, so I was thinking of dropping and moving on to another one in the 1 PM game.

Obviously the game script is awful for this guy.

But he has looked good in limited run.  How are people evaluating him?  Any chance he takes the job over West?

He is my lotto ticket but Yahoo allows you to drop bench players in game, so I was thinking of dropping and moving on to another one in the 1 PM game.
I was considering dropping him in favor of Collins just in case Bell gets hurt, but hard to drop another 70 yard performance... 

I think I'm going to hold one more week. This was the next best thing for Collins besides breaking out. Runners infront of him look inept. They need to change something.

9 carries for 82 so far. Some of them were garbage time but West fumbled in garbage time and Allen hasn't looked that good.

I know the Ravens are getting blown out - but 9 carries for 82 yds...come on Harbaugh - time to give this guy a start

I made the initial comment after just his one long run for 16 yards.  Obviously now he has continued to do well so I think he's a hold for me.

He's a hold. To me it's a bit concerning they haven't looked to throw him a pass, but these performances are going to create dots, and with enough dots you form a line creating a path to a bigger role.

82 yards on 9 carries right now. Why on Earth is anyone considering dropping him?
because it was mostly in garbage time.

it's like being encouraged by Bortles getting 300 yards and 2 scores but 200/1 came in garbage time. 

yes, it's encouraging and you'd expect Baltimore to give him the nod from here out. 

I'm likely holding now, but the coaching staff may be this guys biggest downfall

because it was mostly in garbage time. yes, it's encouraging and you'd expect Baltimore to give him the nod from here out. 

I'm likely holding now, but the coaching staff may be this guys biggest downfall
Two weeks in a row he's showed dominance in "garbage time." You did notice that Allen had runs during the same portion of the game? How did that work out?

Two weeks in a row he's showed dominance in "garbage time." You did notice that Allen had runs during the same portion of the game? How did that work out?
idk why you're arguing with me when I said I'd be holding. but you can't ignore how Baltimore seemed to game plan completely away from Allen. he had a great run then sat the rest of the entire drive. he's got talent but the coaching staff is holding him back big time. 

I'll be more encouraged about him when he is used more than in garbage time. I don't like to count on that scenario for my team. I'm sure others don't mind

"2 weeks in a row in garbage time he was great".... not really a winning argument there btw

idk why you're arguing with me when I said I'd be holding. but you can't ignore how Baltimore seemed to game plan completely away from Allen. he had a great run then sat the rest of the entire drive. he's got talent but the coaching staff is holding him back big time. 

I'll be more encouraged about him when he is used more than in garbage time. I don't like to count on that scenario for my team. I'm sure others don't mind
I apologize. Didn't mean to come off like an argument. Wasn't trying to be snarky.

Says the Buck Allen owner.

"lol"
You can find my comments in this very thread from  last year, I like Collins.  

You can also find my comments in Buck Allen thread last year, where I said I think he stinks.

I currently own the guy who gets carries when the game matters.  I could very well see Collins take over this job.  But his usage this week suggests the Ravens aren't thinking about it that way right now.  

Collins getting yards in garbage time, and using the word 'dominance' is a joke.  

After Collins performance and West's fumble I'd say Collins is going to now step into the "West role."

This guy is powerful and shifty. Have to keep him on the field.

I don't see how anyone can read the tea leaves in a game like this. The only thing that's confirmed is that West should be on the practice squad and Collins/Allen should be the only options. There's just no creativity in their playbook. 

Users who are viewing this thread