What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (2 Viewers)

Alex Collins rushed 20 times for 101 yards and a touchdown, adding one catch for -3 yards in the Seahawks' Week 6 loss to the Steelers.

Collins didn't get much going in the first half – and neither did the rest of Seattle's offense – but he was productive in the second half, spearheading two successful touchdown drives to get the Seahawks back in the game. With Chris Carson on IR, Collins will headline this backfield for the next two games at least, although Travis Homer and DeeJay Dallas steal enough passing-down looks to meaningfully harm Collins' ceiling.

Oct 18, 2021, 12:20 AM ET

If he didn’t get dinged up too bad. Noticed him get up slow a few times and wasn’t in there during OT. Hope it’s nothing.

Pete Carroll said Alex Collins wasn't in the field in overtime due to hip and glute injuries. Doesn't know yet if that will affect him going forward.

@johnpboyle

Pete Carroll said Alex Collins wasn't in the field in overtime due to hip and glute injuries. Doesn't know yet if that will affect him going forward.

@johnpboyle
this is often the issue when a lead back gets injured and his replacement has to take the load. These either never got the load or haven't had the load in a long time so their body just take a toll. Even if these guys practice hard, etc.....there is nothing like the speed and the hits of a game. Not unusual for backups to get banged up due to all of the sudden they have to carry the ball 15-20 times, etc...

He got up really slow on that 14 yard run called back by holding, and was rarely in after that.

Yes, that's the one I remember. He was lying on his back out of bounds and trainers came over to him. Announcers missed it completely.

I'm pretty sure he never came back out on the field after that.

And of course, if he's dinged and isn't practicing we have SEA playing on Monday night to complicate matters.

May grab R. Penny later in the week. Doubt my league mates bother with him (since he'll have a 0 projection just coming off IR).

He didn't come back on the field after being down on the 14 yard run, but he was out there when that scary injury happened to the Darrell Taylor 🙏 and later on the sidelines during OT. At least he wasn't in the locker room getting tended to. 

Hopefully it's just normal RB maintenance. As long as nothing is broken or torn, I imagine Collins will find a way on to the field. RBs only get 1 or 2 shots to prove they're the guy and Collins finally did something. He's not going to give that up for a sore thigh or some bruises. 

Coach Pete Carroll said Monday that Collins (hip/glute) is dealing with injury after racking up 101 rushing yards and a score on 20 carries during Sunday's overtime loss to the Steelers, Doug Kyed of Pro Football Focus reports.

ANALYSIS
Carroll said that Collins has a shot to play Monday versus New Orleans, but that his availability can't be guaranteed due to a handful of big hits he sustained Week 6. With Chris Carson (neck) on IR, plenty of touches would be available to the next man up in Seattle's backfield if Collins ends up missing time. Currently, Travis Homer and DeeJay Dallas are operating behind Collins, but Carroll also said that he expects Rashaad Penny (calf) to resume practicing this week

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/740635-rb-alex-collins-sea/page/70/

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said Alex Collins (hip, glute) has a chance to play in Week 7 against the Saints. 

Collins was again the team's workhorse back in Week 6 with Chris Carson (neck) sidelined, handling 20 touches for 101 yards against Pittsburgh. He left late in the game with the hip/glute issue, which will certainly limit him in practice throughout the week and could sideline him against New Orleans. In other Seattle backfield injury news, Carroll said Rashaad Penny (calf) will return from injured reserve this week. Penny could function as the team's lead back this week if Carson and Collins are out. He should be rostered in most 12-team formats. 

... See More

RELATED: 

Rashaad Penny

, Chris Carson

SOURCE: Bob Condotta on Twitter 

Oct 18, 2021, 12:52 PM ET

Insein said:
Gonna have to put a pretty Penny down in FAAB just in case. 
Penny was a free agent this morning so I grabbed him. (Not even sure it’s Penny or Dallas if collins can’t go) Will be interesting to hear how serious collins injury is. He looked real good once he found his groove on that drive. But he also looked real bad the week before. Hopefully he gets to play, but the saints defense plays tough against the run. But, at this point, all of us are just looking for warm bodies.

Penny was a free agent this morning so I grabbed him. (Not even sure it’s Penny or Dallas if collins can’t go) Will be interesting to hear how serious collins injury is. He looked real good once he found his groove on that drive. But he also looked real bad the week before. Hopefully he gets to play, but the saints defense plays tough against the run. But, at this point, all of us are just looking for warm bodies.

For a 1 game play, I would definitely go after Dallas over Penny in PPR. First game back for Penny and the Saints run defense is really good. So, you should be able to count on the catches for Dallas.

For a 1 game play, I would definitely go after Dallas over Penny in PPR. First game back for Penny and the Saints run defense is really good. So, you should be able to count on the catches for Dallas.
This was my play. I put $42 for Penny (winning bid was $151) and $2 for Deejay. Ended up with Deejay. I'm ok plugging him in if Collins can't go. 

Did the Seahawks not practice today?  I didn’t see any Seahawks player updates… then second guessed myself if they were the Sunday or Monday night game.

Figured we’d know a little more about Collins by now.

Strangely went unclaimed in my league today. I scooped him up for free. Penny also available. we'll see how things play out the rest of the week but starting Collins in my flex and if he is ruled out will pivot to Penny

Monday night so first practice on Thursday 

If Penny is there, I don't see Homer having much of a role. Again just my opinion from what I've seen. And also I'm PPR. 

Dallas and Homer were both available to be the lead back this year but weren’t given the opportunity.

Collins was…….if he’s no able to go Penny will be given opportunity because Carroll likes certain guys for the bell cow roll or doesn’t 

Really wish he was healthy.  Him playing Monday and my alternative being D'Ernest Johnson playing tonight is no bueno.

Just got offered Zach Moss for him. Jumped on that. I do think Collins has upside but the injuries and Geno scare me a bit. 

Alex Collins (core) remained sidelined at Friday's practice.

That's two straight DNPs for Collins, who is shaping up as a game-time decision for Monday night. Rashaad Penny, designated to return from IR this week, would likely draw the start if Collins misses Week 7.

SOURCE: Seattle Times

Oct 22, 2021, 7:13 PM ET

Picked up penny. Worst case scenario is if collins doesn’t play, penny goes off, and have a split back field next week with Carson coming back in 10. Quickly becomes the 49er or ravens backfield and I just escaped sermon and Tyson. 

Originally drafted Carson. Grabbed Collins before Carson went on IR. Now have Penny.

Ugh.

It's amazing how these backfield situations and me are like a moth to a flame. Originally was in on SF but got off that merry go round. I'm still somewhat invested in the BALT backfield, but after having a couple shares there, I'm soon to dump L. Murray. However, still stuck in this Seattle mess.

Best case scenario is Collins plays. Really want to ditch Penny. If Collins inactive I'll be forced to start Penny.

A complicating factor is the JAX matchup next week. I'd want to take advantage of that. 

Need Carson back after the bye to clean this all up.

Best case scenario is Collins plays. Really want to ditch Penny. If Collins inactive I'll be forced to start Penny.
Collins is going to play but I think you might regret what you wanted to see happen transpire because I think Penny with no Collins would have been a far superior play then Collins and Penny both active.

Also sounds like you are assuming Collins is the #1 now and going forward  until or if Carson returns?

Don't forget in the pre-season that Collins looked to me and many others like the better RB. That resulted in Penny opening as the #2RB and Collins being unemployed.  I'm not sure anything changed. Carroll may preach competition mantra all the time but it sure appears like they are going to give Penny every opportunity to prove himself meanwhile Collins is someone they've cut multiple times already.

Gregg Bell

@gbellseattle

RB Alex Collins officially questionable. But he practices, and Pete Carroll says he’s playing Monday night vs Saints.

Gregg Bell

@gbellseattle

RB Alex Collins officially questionable. But he practices, and Pete Carroll says he’s playing Monday night vs Saints.
I'm 

Collins is going to play but I think you might regret what you wanted to see happen transpire because I think Penny with no Collins would have been a far superior play then Collins and Penny both active.

Also sounds like you are assuming Collins is the #1 now and going forward  until or if Carson returns?

Don't forget in the pre-season that Collins looked to me and many others like the better RB. That resulted in Penny opening as the #2RB and Collins being unemployed.  I'm not sure anything changed. Carroll may preach competition mantra all the time but it sure appears like they are going to give Penny every opportunity to prove himself meanwhile Collins is someone they've cut multiple times already.
I was really hoping for just that - Collins out so Penny would get the lion's share. Now I'm tempted to pick up Freeman for Baltimore.  Having to pick between running back carousel of Seattle or Balt, at least game script for Balt should be better. 

I'm 

I was really hoping for just that - Collins out so Penny would get the lion's share. Now I'm tempted to pick up Freeman for Baltimore.  Having to pick between running back carousel of Seattle or Balt, at least game script for Balt should be better. 
Exactly what I did. Dropped Collins for Freeman. 

Exactly what I did. Dropped Collins for Freeman. 
Greetings,

I have tried to stay out of this because 70 pages of a back up level RB, I'm thinking I am mostly in over my head with Dynasty/Keeper but for those of us strictly redraft which is 98% of what I play, I have the same issue facing me. 

-Why Freeman? I thought he was washed up, what has he done in Baltimore that has everyone wanting to play him knowing he likely will just have a slice or piece, Collins had 20 carries and despite the Penny players in here trying to whip up a tornado, I still see Collins getting a lot of touches, he looked good when they ran him and 20 carries meant they believed in him in Pitt. I don't see Penny getting more than 6-8 carries missing a lot of time the last couple seasons, doubt they give him 15 carries out of the box. 

I could do similar with Freeman but I am not excited about his potential. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings,

I have tried to stay out of this because 70 pages of a back up level RB, I'm thinking I am mostly in over my head with Dynasty/Keeper but for those of us strictly redraft which is 98% of what I play, I have the same issue facing me. 

-Why Freeman? I thought he was washed up, what has he done in Baltimore that has everyone wanting to play him knowing he likely will just have a slice or piece, Collins had 20 carries and despite the Penny players in here trying to whip up a tornado, I still see Collins getting a lot of touches, he looked good when they ran him and 20 carries meant they believed in him in Pitt. I don't see Penny getting more than 6-8 carries missing a lot of time the last couple seasons, doubt they give him 15 carries out of the box. 

I could do similar with Freeman but I am not excited about his potential. 🤷‍♂️
I need the safety of what I feel Freeman will provide(10 pts give or take in .5ppr). It’s the uncertainty of the injuries Collins appears to be nursing, along with the return of Penny to siphon and Deejay Dallas taking all the receiving work. I suppose I’m hoping Freeman gets some more of Murray’s vacated touches also. 

I need the safety of what I feel Freeman will provide(10 pts give or take in .5ppr). It’s the uncertainty of the injuries Collins appears to be nursing, along with the return of Penny to siphon and Deejay Dallas taking all the receiving work. I suppose I’m hoping Freeman gets some more of Murray’s vacated touches also. 
15, 10, 17 last 3 weeks for Collins, Freeman is 5, 11 the last 2 weeks, where is this security ye speak of?

Users who are viewing this thread