What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Carson Wentz, KC (1 Viewer)

was thinking they might wait until after their bye week to bring Wentz back, but that's not until week 9. No way they wait that long for a "convenient" 2 weeks off to ramp him back in. Better have a really good backup QB in leagues where you own Wentz...

Simply put, he hasn't been cleared yet for contact.  That's a medical/doctor issue - so doesn't matter how good he looks in practice, until he's cleared for contact, he's out.

I think Wentz will take a while to get things going from a fantasy perspective. I think his injury, plus not having Alshon and Wallace, will hinder the passing game for the first few weeks. He will be playing with a receiving corps similar to 2016 and he struggled with that group. Ertz and Agholor are much better when they get one-on one matchups, and without the receivers on the outside to threaten the defense they are going to get added coverage.

Josh Adams getting promoted.  Not sure whose leaving - Assuming they aren't going to try and sneak Mailata to the 53, DJ Alexander or Laroy Renolds maybe. Don't think we need 5 OLB's on the team.  Maybe cutting Smallwood.

Josh Adams getting promoted.  Not sure whose leaving - Assuming they aren't going to try and sneak Mailata to the 53, DJ Alexander or Laroy Renolds maybe. Don't think we need 5 OLB's on the team.  Maybe cutting Smallwood.
Wrong thread but ya, not sure what they're doing here.  I think Mailata will be on the field this week though.  Wasn't he already on the 53 though?

Last edited by a moderator:
Carson Wentz completed 21-of-30 passes for 286 yards, three touchdowns, and an interception in the Eagles' Week 8 win over the Jaguars in London, adding 28 yards on the ground.

Wentz had an eventful opening drive. He caught a batted-down pass and scampered for a third-down conversion, he converted another third down with a circus throw to Jordan Matthews, and then he lost a fumble on the very next play. The up-and-down play continued on the next drive when he marched the Eagles down the field only to throw a bad interception in the end zone, his first since Week 3. He settled down after that on his way to a big game. He found Dallas Goedert open deep down the middle of the field for a 32-yard score just before the break for his first score. His second touchdown was a much-easier screen pass to Wendell Smallwood, but Wentz converted two third downs on that drive. His final touchdown was a laser to Zach Ertz from five yards out to put the game out reach. Fully recovered from his injury, Wentz has been on fire over the last month. He will be a solid QB1 against the Cowboys following the bye.

Oct 28 - 12:28

Is it me but are we seeing extra zip in every Wentz's pass as if he was shooting laser?

Is it me but are we seeing extra zip in every Wentz's pass as if he was shooting laser?
seriously, in his rehab, they worked on all his mechanics, and his measurables, in terms of velocity increased significantly. How they are applying sports science these days is fascinating.

It's really crying shame to see Eagles being slowly decimated by injuries and crumpling defense. 
Agreed. My knee jerk reaction is it is Jim Schwartz's fault as the defense only seemed to perform poorly the last two weeks after they got a big lead and it looked like they went to more of a prevent defense which then allowed the other teams to start moving. But I could be wrong about that.

Carson Wentz completed 32-of-44 passes for 360 yards with two touchdown and an interception in Week 10 against the Cowboys.

The Eagles didn't even try to run in this one, with the 44 attempts Wentz's second most of the year. Wentz rebounded from an early pick, but couldn't rally the Eagles to a fourth quarter comeback. Both of his touchdowns came on red-zone throws to Zach Ertz. Wentz has been locked in with at least two TDs in six straight games. He gets a likely shootout with the Saints in Week 11.

Nov 11 - 11:32 PM

Carson Wentz completed 19-of-33 passes for 156 yards, zero touchdowns, and three interceptions in the Eagles' Week 11, blowout loss to the Saints.

Wentz entered this game on a hot streak, completing 71.6 percent of his passes with 14 touchdowns to just two interceptions over his previous six games, but he was completely shut down in this one. With the Saints blanketing his receivers, Wentz struggled to move the offense all game, and all three of his interceptions were essentially give-up throws deep down the field. Wentz should have better luck next week against the Giants, who he tossed three touchdowns against in Week 6.

Nov 18 - 7:56 PM

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Carson Wentz still isn't fully recovered from ACL surgery.

Wentz hasn't looked limited since his return, but it's not a surprise he's still dealing with some lingering issues. Despite a career high completion percentage, Wentz's mechanics have been a little off. It's nothing to be concerned about, but Wentz may not be fully back until 2019.

Source: NFL Network 

Users who are viewing this thread