What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Dalvin Cook, Free Agent (4 Viewers)

So frustrating. If he's not 100%, they shouldn't be playing him at all. IMO, he's unstartable until he's shown he is 100% and can carry a full load. At the rate things are going and how the Vikings are handling this, that may not be until next year.

I hate it, but I have Kenyan Drake in over him today.

There's no way I start him this week. I don't even care if he goes off. This 80%....70%....65% is all I need to hear.

There's no way I start him this week. I don't even care if he goes off. This 80%....70%....65% is all I need to hear.
Yeah, I cant start him this week either. Bull####

What is messing with me more is I was hoping he would sit so I could start Murray to cover Ingrams bye in another league 

OH ##### Roto is saying he's inactive because he had a setback during warmups. Trying to get confirmation via Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kwai Chang Caine said:
Wasn't he leading he league in rushing last year before he got hurt?
He was good last year but no, he was at least 150 yards behind the league leader in rushing when he got hurt..

ESPN had a shot of him walking into the locker room earlier and he looked like he was walking a little gingerly. This was before he was ruled out. 

Hmm. I have Miller as well but I see Blue eating into his carries.
Yes, but if Houston passes it to their RBs like they were last week Miller could pick up 5-6 receptions, which is what they should've done all year. It doesn't impact me as much since I play non-PPR, but that yardage bump may push Miller over.

Now the question is, were they really dumb enough to not only play him knowing he was still gimpy and dumb enough to also announce that to their opponent first, or did they know all along that they weren't playing him but threw that out there to monkey with their opponent?

telling your opponent youre going with cook only to switch to murray at gametime isnt scaring anyone. cook has 4 decent games to his name in his nfl career. i dont think anyone schemes against cook or loses sleep over the never has been rb that he is.21 games into an nfl career and hes played 4 of them. see ya time to go 

Dalvin Cook (hamstring) is practicing in full for Week 7 against the Jets.

Cook was a surprise inactive last week but appears to be on track for Sunday's game in East Rutherford. With Cook's hamstring giving him problems—he's already had one setback—it's hard for fantasy owners to start him with any kind of confidence. Latavius Murray fared well in Cook's absence last week (24 carries for 155 yards and a touchdown), though he's also been inconsistent. Only four teams have averaged fewer rushing yards per game than Minnesota this year.

Source: Minnesota Vikings on Twitter 

Oct 17 - 5:27 PM

How far is Cook's dynasty value gone into the tank? He was between 12 and 16 preseason... Gotta be wayyy less now.

I'm thinking of buying, but also wary of trying to catch a falling knife...

Surprised to see him dropped last night and swooped in to pick him up. Adding him to my roster along with Fournette who was dropped a week ago and I suddenly have a lot of hope in a redraft team that has great receivers and tight ends but crappy RBs. Get healthy dudes.

Cook has played in 7 career games out of 22 that his team has played.

That's not necessarily predictive, but it's not good either...

His situation also seems pretty iffy this year with Minny having problems on the ground (except last week), and his passing game usage is bi-polar.

How far is Cook's dynasty value gone into the tank? He was between 12 and 16 preseason... Gotta be wayyy less now.

I've had Cook on the block in a dynasty.  Best offer was a 1st that would fall between 1.03 and 1.06.  Not close.

Surprised to see him dropped last night and swooped in to pick him up. Adding him to my roster along with Fournette who was dropped a week ago and I suddenly have a lot of hope in a redraft team that has great receivers and tight ends but crappy RBs. Get healthy dudes.
How is this possible?

Dalvin Cook (hamstring) remained "full" in Thursday's practice.

A reporter caused a mini-Twitter furor when he posted that Cook had "left" practice, but it was not anything out of the ordinary. We have been conditioned to expect Cook setbacks, but this was not one of them. He will be back against the Jets. Cook is a risk/reward RB2 in an ugly running back landscape.
Updating an earlier item, Dalvin Cook (hamstring) was officially "DNP" on Thursday.

Alrighty then. The "DNP" designation comes less than an hour after coach Mike Zimmer said Cook was "not limited" on Thursday. Perhaps it was just a rest day. Whatever it was is confusing. We would still consider Cook on track to return against the Jets, but Friday has now taken on much greater importance.
AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA

tkrull said:
I've had Cook on the block in a dynasty.  Best offer was a 1st that would fall between 1.03 and 1.06.  Not close.
Wasn't Cook drafted between 1.03 and 1.06 on average?  What's he truly done on the field that has him worth more than that?

kittenmittens said:

It will probably take until the offseason for his value to correct.  His current owners are either optimistic, or overpaid for him, or both.

No setback today. He is not listed on injury report and is ready to roll. I am starting him this week and feeling very comfortable.

(RotoWire) Cook (hamstring) was not limited in practice Thursday, head coach Mike Zimmer told Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Analysis: Cook left practice during the period open to reporters, but apparently it wasn't due to a setback to his hamstring injury. By participating in two full days of practice, it increasingly looks like he could return this week against the Jets after missing three of the last four games.

(Article Link)

Wasn't Cook drafted between 1.03 and 1.06 on average?  What's he truly done on the field that has him worth more than that?
I believe he looked good last year before he got hurt.  When I look at picks 3-6 in 2018 I see a bust in RoJo, not quite a bust in Penny, an incomplete grade with Chubb, and a tentative hit with Sony.  It's early but I don't see 2019 as a better class.

It's all speculation, but I see a better chance Cook succeeds than my chance to pull a rabbit out of a bust-filled hat.

No setback today. He is not listed on injury report and is ready to roll. I am starting him this week and feeling very comfortable.

(RotoWire) Cook (hamstring) was not limited in practice Thursday, head coach Mike Zimmer told Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Analysis: Cook left practice during the period open to reporters, but apparently it wasn't due to a setback to his hamstring injury. By participating in two full days of practice, it increasingly looks like he could return this week against the Jets after missing three of the last four games.

(Article Link)
Someone is lying. He left the field to either take a bathroom break or something, but somehow got marked as a DNP? If he was fine why did he get a DNP on the official report? And why the verbal haranguing by saying he was "not limited"?

this is bizarre, coach says he wasnt limited today.... is zimmer clueless or lying? i seem to recall that the nfl reviwews practice tape to verify participation levels so its not like they can lie on the report

Not looking good.  

Andrew Krammer (@Andrew_Krammer)

10/19/18, 12:15 PM

Dalvin Cook warmed up but left the practice field again, like he did yesterday and was listed DNP. #Vikings pic.twitter.com/vEtVpPVkcn

Users who are viewing this thread