What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Dalvin Cook, Free Agent (1 Viewer)

SayWhat? said:
No, it's not.  It's pretty rare for a player to go down like that and it end up not resulting in a torn ligament.
You are probably correct but Cook owners should wait for the final verdict before losing their minds.  

GroveDiesel said:
That's almost certainly a torn ACL. Sucks. He was off to a great start.
Sad for it to end like that.  I was really down on him, so I don't own him.  My opinion of him has changed much, so I wanted to see if it would work out all season.

Cook is special. Him & Hunt will be battling for years to come.

In fact, if Bradford hadn't gotten hurt, I believe Cook would've given Hunt a run for his money as the top rookie RB.

Last edited by a moderator:
 In the league I got hunt in the sixth, I took cook in the second and AJ Green on the first. Along with Tate, Martavis Bryant, and Parker, plus Ty Montgomery in the third, I'm feeling pretty stacked. 

:pickle:
I bet you feel like NEVER playing this game again,after losing Cook and Ty since this post.....Never brag about your stacked teams bc the Fantasy Gods will not like you.

Cook doesn’t have Hunt’s vision, but he is a better athlete. Hopefully, he doesn’t lose any speed/quickness with this MAJOR knee injury.

Cook doesn’t have Hunt’s vision, but he is a better athlete. Hopefully, he doesn’t lose any speed/quickness with this MAJOR knee injury.
That's always a worry, but ACL injuries, especially with younger players, have a great prognosis.

I wouldn't expect any loss of speed/quickness if this is a typical ACL tear.

I bet you feel like NEVER playing this game again,after losing Cook and Ty since this post.....Never brag about your stacked teams bc the Fantasy Gods will not like you.
I've played FFB for close to 2 decades. Ive always been cursed by "fantasy gods". I wasn't bragging, I was happy I had a what seemed to be a good team for the first time in a couple seasons. 

and supposedly I only lost TyMont for part of one game. 

But I appreciate you rubbing it in my face that two of my players got hurt. That's super nice of you. I don't feel like quitting FFB, but I will never see another of your posts again now that you're on ignore. 

Not following you, LOL.

I'm simply saying with Bradford, Cook has more FF potential. He was doing well with Keenum in there, but Bradford makes a huge difference to that offense.
Seemed like you were implying Cook got hurt because Bradford got hurt.

Guess I misunderstood. No worries. 

That's always a worry, but ACL injuries, especially with younger players, have a great prognosis.

I wouldn't expect any loss of speed/quickness if this is a typical ACL tear.
The initial prognosis is it’s a complete tear, which would be more severe than a typical acl repair.

I've played FFB for close to 2 decades. Ive always been cursed by "fantasy gods". I wasn't bragging, I was happy I had a what seemed to be a good team for the first time in a couple seasons. 

and supposedly I only lost TyMont for part of one game. 

But I appreciate you rubbing it in y face that two of my players got hurt. That's super nice of you. 
I've been playing since 92 or 93...I'm not rubbing anything in...I was just making a statement about the Fantasy Gods,bc I learned long ago,even if I have a good team,I don't say a thing about my teams,until a Championship is won..Then I talk about my team,bc by then the Fantasy Gods can't do a thing about it....I'm going to lose this week most likely in my big money league bc Jones got knocked out with his hip pointer....Those are the breaks of playing this GAME.....

The initial prognosis is it’s a complete tear, which would be more severe than a typical acl repair.
I was actually referring to a complete tear. They do amazing things now with knee injuries. If it's just an ACL tear, his chances of returning to 100% are excellent. At his age, you should expect a 100% recovery. Countless RBs have come back from ACLs & have been as good as ever.

Look at Todd Gurley & what he's doing now. Heck, take Nick Chubb & his mangled knee. It took an extra season, but even after that catastrophic injury, he's getting close to 100%.

Nope, not true. The question is whether any other ligaments were torn as well. If there are other ligaments torn, that complicates things and generally leads to a longer more difficult recovery.

Neuro vascular, surrounding ligaments and tendons, meniscus, and musculature damage are the questions. 

The vast majority of ACL replacements are complete tears. That's not unusual at all and no more major than an incomplete tear if replaced. 

Nothing about the mechanism looked unusual. 

Neuro vascular, surrounding ligaments and tendons, meniscus, and musculature damage are the questions. 

The vast majority of ACL replacements are complete tears. That's not unusual at all and nor more major than an incomplete tear if replaced. 

Nothing g about the mechanism looked unusual. 
Yeah, the first blurb I got was that Cook suffered an "ugly" knee injury, but upon watching it, his knee didn't give too much at all & seemed relatively stable.

I was actually referring to a complete tear. They do amazing things now with knee injuries. If it's just an ACL tear, his chances of returning to 100% are excellent. At his age, you should expect a 100% recovery. Countless RBs have come back from ACLs & have been as good as ever.

Look at Todd Gurley & what he's doing now. Heck, take Nick Chubb & his mangled knee. It took an extra season, but even after that catastrophic injury, he's getting close to 100%.
Did gurley blow out his knee?

Not gonna lie fellas. This one hurt bad. Not just for FFB, I really liked this kid and loved watching him play. 

Sucks that this is part of the game of football. 

I guess I'm gonna drop cook for Murray but honestly I don't know if I would start Murray unless I was super desperate.

Does anyone know how bad McKinnon's injury was? I think he'd be the target in ppr.
He was back in the game after he was hurt. After watching him drop balls today, not sure - I think Murray slides in as the replacement for Cook, while McKinnon's usage  is similar to now but more snaps - like 60-40 split with the 2 of them instead of 75-20-5 like it was with Cook/McKinnon/Murray

Users who are viewing this thread