What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (1 Viewer)

just caught "Paths of Glory" this past weekend on the Mobdro Kubrick stream ... R.I.P. to a certified GIANT/Legend. 
Ace in the Hole, Spartacus, Out of the Past, The Bad and the Beautiful, so many great movie. 

I think this makes Olivia de Havilland the last truly great star of the classic era left. Crazy to even think one of the main characters from Gone with the Wind is still alive. 

Ace in the Hole, Spartacus, Out of the Past, The Bad and the Beautiful, so many great movie. 
hell yeah ... i mentioned "Paths" because it was one i had never seen - straight up nails. 

I think this makes Olivia de Havilland the last truly great star of the classic era left. Crazy to even think one of the main characters from Gone with the Wind is still alive. 
wow ... god bless her!

103 years old and one of the last of the golden age of Hollywood. 

RIP Kirk Douglas
Man, he was 103? 

I heard Michael Douglas on a radio spot for Michael Bloomberg the other day and thought to myself "wow, he sounds OLD".  That makes his pop even older.

God bless.

Last edited by a moderator:
hell yeah ... i mentioned "Paths" because it was one i had never seen - straight up nails. 

wow ... god bless her!
Just to put it into perspective, the next 5 lead billed actors of Gone With the Wind and when they passed  Clark Gable 1960, Vivien Leigh 1967, Leslie Howard 1943, Thomas Mitchell 1962, Hattie McDaniel 1952. Olvia still going in 2020. 

I was thinking about putting on Paths of Glory, but I just noticed that I have “Lust for Life” sitting on my DVR, which I have not seen. May do that as my tribute tonight.

RIP - one of the greats

Funny. I remember back in the 70's playing in a softball league. One guy on one of the other teams was a pro boxer (short career) whose pro name was Doug Kirk. He took that name because he looked like Kirk Douglass (IIRC he did, except he was bigger).

Interesting stat I saw on Twitter:

Kirk Douglas lived through the terms of 40% of the US Presidents.
After the SOTU the other night, we were looking at the list of Presidential Medal of Freedom winners.  Douglas was on the list but the interesting thing to me was that he was given the award during the Carter administration.

Lancaster and Douglas were terrific as adversaries in John Frankenheimer's Seven Days in May.
I was always more of a Burt Lancaster fan than Douglas. He seemed to do quirky films like Atlantic City, Local Hero, and The Swimmer just as easily as he did bigger films in his heyday. He also banged Mamie Van Doren while on a LSD trip with her. I can't imagine Kirk Douglas doing that.

Orson Bean

jeez, horrible way to go - 91 yrs old, and clipped like that  :cry:

guy was ubiquitous back in the day ... used to see him in/on everything ... last i saw him was on "Modern Family" some seasons back. 

R.I.P.  

RIP :(

Used to get Bean confused with Orsen Welles. Also didn’t realize he was married to Mrs. Arnold from The Wonder Years.

Orson Bean

jeez, horrible way to go - 91 yrs old, and clipped like that  :cry:

guy was ubiquitous back in the day ... used to see him in/on everything ... last i saw him was on "Modern Family" some seasons back. 

R.I.P.  
:cry: Our greatest Vermonter (suck it Bern) - but his passing does move me up to #417. Clever performer (capped by a great turn in Malkovich), everywhere on 60s TV like you said, especially good on the panel game shows like To Tell the Truth, What's My Line. Fine feller, ayup. RIP -

RIP :(

Used to get Bean confused with Orsen Welles. Also didn’t realize he was married to Mrs. Arnold from The Wonder Years.
My first thought was "How could a 91-year-old be married to the mom from Wonder Years?!?" But he was only 23 years older than her. Man, I'm getting old.

Also, he actually took his stage name from Orson Welles -- his real name was Dallas Burrows, which would have made a great Hollywood name in its own right.

Also, here's some trivia for you: his father was one of the founders of the ACLU, and his daughter was married to Andrew Breitbart.

My first thought was "How could a 91-year-old be married to the mom from Wonder Years?!?" But he was only 23 years older than her. Man, I'm getting old.

Also, he actually took his stage name from Orson Welles -- his real name was Dallas Burrows, which would have made a great Hollywood name in its own right.

Also, here's some trivia for you: his father was one of the founders of the ACLU, and his daughter was married to Andrew Breitbart.
Thanks, I was where the wingnuts in the comment section got the Breitbart thing from.

I watch old game shows and know Orson Bean from them. What's more tragic is he was going to see his wife's show and died in front of that building. I know her from her role on the soap Bold & Beautiful. RIP.

Maybe the best competitor on Battle of the Network Stars.
He was legit angry at Gabe Kaplan for some unknown technical glitch in the 1976 episode. Conrad wasn't just a quick runner, he was also quite quick with the ethnic jokes (he hits about three in the first minute) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqWU9huMMco

He was also on one of the more convoluted episodes of Columbo. Usually, I can figure where Columbo is going, but this one seemed so out in leftfield. 

:cry: Our greatest Vermonter (suck it Bern) - but his passing does move me up to #417. Clever performer (capped by a great turn in Malkovich), everywhere on 60s TV like you said, especially good on the panel game shows like To Tell the Truth, What's My Line. Fine feller, ayup. RIP -
I remember him from Dr Quinn

wikkidpissah said:
Jim West, the 'Mer'can James Bond and significant hero of my youth. Guess he ran out of batteries.........RIP -
I loved WWW when I was a kid. I remember something about his contract on the show requiring at least one moment with his shirt off. He was definitely of his Hollywood generation.

Users who are viewing this thread