What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (1 Viewer)

Damn - a corporate America icon. RIP
I saw him speak about 10 years ago. He had an interesting concept that makes a lot of sense when you thing about it. He said 20% of your workers are superstars and 20% are worthless. In his opinion, leaders spend way too much time on the bottom 20%. If that time was dedicated to the remaining 60%, you could add more value to them and help them get to the top 20%. 

*obviously the numbers were just for illustrative purposes and may differ in your experience. 

I saw him speak about 10 years ago. He had an interesting concept that makes a lot of sense when you thing about it. He said 20% of your workers are superstars and 20% are worthless. In his opinion, leaders spend way too much time on the bottom 20%. If that time was dedicated to the remaining 60%, you could add more value to them and help them get to the top 20%. 

*obviously the numbers were just for illustrative purposes and may differ in your experience. 
"Life is a bell curve man" - Russ Cohle

Eephus said:
Nick Apollo Forte, an obscure Italian-American lounge singer who found 15 minutes of fame as obscure Italian-American lounge singer Lou Canova in Woody Allen's Broadway Danny Rose.
my favorite Woody opus, hands down ... it's so freakin' underrated - one of the great lost mid-80s gems (alng with "After Hours" and "Something Wild").

Ahhhhhh-cheeee-ta/ my goombah/ in the gonzo/ when i eat/ he gets a treat/ in the bonzo 

he enjoys every meal/every bite that i can steal/Agita/my goombah/in the gonzo

Nick killed it!

my favorite bit was "Famous crooners from the past who are now deceased"  :lmao:

BARNEY DUNN!  "who's your fr-fr-fr-fr guest, Danny?"

STAR. SMILE. STRONG!

... and, not for nuttin', but the Rispolo bros were my brothers dopplegangers circa '85 🇮🇹

Jazz pianist McCoy Tyner was one of the giants of his instruments.  He joined John Coltrane's legendary quartet while still in his early twenties and with Elvin Jones and Jimmy Garrison formed the foundation for Coltrane's improvisational flights.  Tyner went on to make dozens of albums as a leader and was a huge influence on later generations of Jazz musicians.

Jazz pianist McCoy Tyner was one of the giants of his instruments.  He joined John Coltrane's legendary quartet while still in his early twenties and with Elvin Jones and Jimmy Garrison formed the foundation for Coltrane's improvisational flights.  Tyner went on to make dozens of albums as a leader and was a huge influence on later generations of Jazz musicians.
greatest jazz tune nobody knows. indeed, a giant. RIP -

Tyner's 70s stuff is interesting.  His forays into fusion were more subtle than a lot of his contemporaries.  There aren't stiff rock or funk rhythms but the records are more heavily arranged than his work before or since.  There are more horns and strings in the head but they mostly get out of the way during the solos.  Of course, McCoy plays like a mutha.

We're losing the jazz legends. 

I'm not even a big jazz guy, but for some reason this one hurt. :(

El Floppo said:
We're losing the jazz legends. 

I'm not even a big jazz guy, but for some reason this one hurt. :(
Not a lot of the 50s post-bop crew left.  Sonny Rollins, Benny Golson, Roy Haynes, Kenny Burrell, Jimmy Cobb, Lee Konitz.  I'm sure I'm missing a few but they've gotta all be over 85.

I think Tyner fell in more with the guys from the next phase like Ron Carter, Wayne Shorter and Herbie Hancock.

Max Von Sydow, 90

Will forever be remembered by me as Ming. (HM to Brewmeister Smith)
So many fantastic roles...sprung to life by a truly fantastic actor.

His hit man with a code in three days of the condor is a fave after his Bergman performances. Like 80s, love the seventh seal performance...and yeah, topical.

COVID-19 claims Italian architect, Vittorio Gregotti. designed buildings including the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Stadium, Grand Théâtre de Provence in Aix-en-Provence, the Arcimboldi Opera Theatre in Milan, Lisbon's Belém Cultural Centre and the Università Bicocca in Milan.

Granted, at 92... so full life led, just snuffed out early.

The Hollywood Reporter‏Verified account @THR 5h5 hours ago

Stuart Whitman, the rugged actor who starred on TV's 'Cimarron Strip' and received an Oscar nomination for playing a convicted child molester trying to rid himself of psychological demons in 'The Mark,' has died at age 92

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stuart-whitman-dead-cimarron-strip-mark-star-was-92-1033764?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
"To help make ends meet, he bought, operated and hired out his own bulldozer."

Hard not to like the way he did things.

Grand Rapids native, Roger Mayweather. He was 2 weight world champion, uncle and trainer of Floyd Mayweather Jr. 

Grand Rapids native, Roger Mayweather. He was 2 weight world champion, uncle and trainer of Floyd Mayweather Jr. 
One of those younger me things...but back in the mid 80's I remember seeing him getting knocked out over and over in one of ABC's Wide World of Sports intros (agony of defeat or something).  Just a short clip with Marv Albert yelling "Oh Mayweather is down".  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread