What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (1 Viewer)

Oh wow, it felt like he was going to pull thru, young man leaves behind a lovely wife named Amanda and a son named Elvis. 

My heart goes out to his wife, she is trying to be a mom to a 1-year old while she is losing the love of her life to the Covid-19. If that story doesn't grab some folks for a second then you don't have much of a heart IMHO. 
I didn't think so. If you're on the ventilator more than a week, odds of survival drop the longer you're on it. Poor guy had other issues too like. He certainly fought hard. God bless him. 

I’ve been to Charlie Daniel’s park in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee. He was a pretty good country singer I guess but I only really know the Devil went down to Georgia. 

one of my best friends during my Reno days was the Charlie Daniels impersonator in the "Legends" show @ the Flamingo Reno. is it weird that i feel the need to look him up now?

RIP, Mr Daniels

You might have run across his "Uneasy Rider" in a bar somewhere without knowing who it was.

RIP

I’ve always been a fan of Still In Saigon, which hit #22 on the pop charts back in 1982.
Off the top of my head, In America, South's Going to Do It Again (Catchy as hell, especially the jam towards the end, but probably would not be looked on too favorably in today's climate), Legend of the Wooley Swamp, and Long Haired Country Boy all climbed the charts in their time.  

Was Charlie really tweeting about Benghazi and abortion a day ago? Does anyone know his cause of death? Surely it’s someone else tweeting on his account...

Was Charlie really tweeting about Benghazi and abortion a day ago? Does anyone know his cause of death? Surely it’s someone else tweeting on his account...
Charlie was definitely on the Fox News Network several times according to memory. I think he was awfully friendly and sympathetic to the overall worldview of Fox. 

Charlie was definitely on the Fox News Network several times according to memory. I think he was awfully friendly and sympathetic to the overall worldview of Fox. 
Found out that he actually tweeted the same thing every day. Kind of strange...

Found out that he actually tweeted the same thing every day. Kind of strange...
Perhaps he had an auto-tweet thing set up? I don't even know it that's possible, but I can see getting tired of checking with Twitter and having that have been set up for some reason.

"Hey, Jack, this is Charlie. I want you to make sure that I tweet the same thing about Benghazi and abortion every day for the next two hundred days. Takin' a break from it all!" 

-Charlie

Things I just learned:

1. Mary Kay Letourneau was involved with the person she molested for a total of 23 years (including 14 years of marriage).

2. her father was a former California state senator whose political career was derailed after it was discovered that he fathered 2 children with a mistress who was one of his former students.

3. her brother is a foreign policy advisor to Donald Trump.

Mary Kay was far from the first. She wasn't even the first in the '90s. Pam Smart was the first one that I remember.

I suppose Mary Kay might have been the first female teacher to: 1) be busted for having sex with a 13-year-old, and 2) have a child which was fathered by the victim, and 3) marry the same victim. That's quite an unholy trifecta right there.

I’ve been to Charlie Daniel’s park in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee. He was a pretty good country singer I guess but I only really know the Devil went down to Georgia. 
Been quite often as he was a big part of Mt. Juliet and its right down the road.  

Seoul mayor went missing- found dead

Seoul (CNN)The mayor of the South Korean capital Seoul has been found dead, hours after he was reported missing and police launched a massive operation to find him.

Park Won-soon was reported missing by his daughter on Thursday evening, according to a police official with knowledge of the case. Nearly 600 police officers and firefighters, along with three rescue dogs, were deployed to search for the mayor.

Park's body was found in the city's mountains seven hours into the operation, Seoul police confirmed in a text message early Friday to journalists.

Hundreds of police officers were deployed to find the mayor on Thursday night.

Earlier search teams had scoured Waryong Park, where police say he was recorded on CCTV footage at 10:53 a.m. on Thursday. His last cell phone signal was detected in the Seoul neighborhood of Seongbuk-gu, very close to his official residence in Jongno-gu, a police official with knowledge of the case said.

The 64-year-old longtime civic activist, who has been Seoul's mayor since 2011, was seen as a likely hopeful for the liberals in the 2022 presidential elections.

When Park was elected in a landslide victory against the ruling party nearly a decade ago -- with no political ties or experience -- it sparked a public frenzy. His unexpected rise to the second most powerful position in the country was seen as a sign that South Koreans were tired of traditional politics.

The former human rights lawyer, who ran independently but forged an alliance with opposition parties, championed city welfare projects and became a symbol of reform.

He was reelected as mayor in 2014 and again in 2018.

This is a breaking story, more to follow...

Things I just learned:

1. Mary Kay Letourneau was involved with the person she molested for a total of 23 years (including 14 years of marriage).

2. her father was a former California state senator whose political career was derailed after it was discovered that he fathered 2 children with a mistress who was one of his former students.

3. her brother is a foreign policy advisor to Donald Trump.
4. The boy she raped, bore children to and married also provided care to her during the last month of her life.

Kelly Preston, breast cancer. Didn’t know she was sick. Just watched Twins a few weeks ago with my family, and I don’t know that there has ever been a sexier, more beautiful woman than she was in that role. 

Don’t means to belittle her memory, as I know she was much more than that... mother, wife (to John Travolta.) But damn if she didn’t make me bite my fist when she was on screen!

Kelly Preston Has Died
She was stunning. Always one of my favorites. 

This one stings. Grant was absolutely my favorite Mythbuster. He brought so much to the table and was the only one, I felt, who didn’t seem to be playing a character. He was just a damn likable guy that I learned quite a bit from over the years. 

Also, his scream of “Holy crap, RUN!!!”  is my favorite moment from the entire series. 

This one stings. Grant was absolutely my favorite Mythbuster. He brought so much to the table and was the only one, I felt, who didn’t seem to be playing a character. He was just a damn likable guy that I learned quite a bit from over the years. 

Also, his scream of “Holy crap, RUN!!!”  is my favorite moment from the entire series. 
Yeah...the science and robotic/animatronics...he was so good.  Seeing this today was a big surprise...very sad.

I thought they said he was asleep when they found him.  I sure hope so.  I'm hoping his memories of that day fade.
The current narrative of events is that they went swimming, but the boat drifted away. She swam him to the boat and pushed him up but somehow couldn't get herself on board. He was found napping later...which based on the narrative, could have been from exhaustion from the swim, and/or the heat and exposure imo. When the story first broke they only had the napping part, which could have implied lots of other scenarios. Tragic for sure, and I agree hoping that the kids youth can wash away this terrible memory.

Man. Not real smart to go swimming by yourself with a 4 year old. 

I just took my 7 year old down to the bank of a major river the other day. Saw some people in the water but I’d never take her in there. 

Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age, but the whole story seems strange to me.

Renting a boat by yourself, especially when your child is barely old enough to understand and/or enjoy boating?

Randomly deciding to go for a swim in the middle of a lake without dropping anchor or having a rope tied to you?

Letting a young child swim in the middle of a lake without a life jacket?

Having enough strength and energy to somehow push your child out of the water and back into the boat, yet apparently collapsing back into the water the moment that the child was safe?

It just doesn't add up.

Man. Not real smart to go swimming by yourself with a 4 year old. 

I just took my 7 year old down to the bank of a major river the other day. Saw some people in the water but I’d never take her in there. 
Single parents can take their four year olds swimming, for crying out loud.  Questionable judgement to do so alone without a lifejacket on, no doubt.  

And river =/ lake.  There’s far more danger swimming in a river than there is in a lake.  

Single parents can take their four year olds swimming, for crying out loud.  Questionable judgement to do so alone without a lifejacket on, no doubt.  

And river =/ lake.  There’s far more danger swimming in a river than there is in a lake.  
Tragedy. Water is dangerous. Hey I almost died snorkeling by myself in St. John.  Went around a reef and got pulled out to sea. Took everything in my power to swim back. Collapsed when I made it. Can see how people drown. 

Supposedly this lake (near me) has strong currents. Hindsight is 20/20. She wanted to take her kid out for a nice day on the water. No need to judge. 

Tragedy. Water is dangerous. Hey I almost died snorkeling by myself in St. John.  Went around a reef and got pulled out to sea. Took everything in my power to swim back. Collapsed when I made it. Can see how people drown. 

Supposedly this lake (near me) has strong currents. Hindsight is 20/20. She wanted to take her kid out for a nice day on the water. No need to judge. 
Yes and if she was not experienced she may have made some really poor decisions.  Easy to think it's nothing and then forget to do simple things.  You get fatigued, panic sets in and you exhaust yourself.  Very sad

I thought the kid was in a life jacket. 

I dunno...it's tragic, and mistakes were obviously made- but a grown up going for a swim with their kid next to their boat doesn't seem like a normally terrible decision to me. Not having it anchored, being tethered or near enough land to swim there all do.

Kelly Preston, breast cancer. Didn’t know she was sick. Just watched Twins a few weeks ago with my family, and I don’t know that there has ever been a sexier, more beautiful woman than she was in that role. 

Don’t mean to belittle her memory, as I know she was much more than that... mother, wife (to John Travolta.) But damn if she didn’t make me bite my fist when she was on screen!

Kelly Preston Has Died
Man, that sucks. Total bombshell . Fell in love with her in the movie Mischief.

RIP

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread