Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

______ Passed Away Today, RIP

2 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Not so fast my friend:

TMZ updates a story about actor Tanya Roberts (That ’70s Show, A View to a Kill), saying that she is in fact alive despite earlier reports from her rep and multiple outlets that she had died

Outlets like CNN and The Hollywood Reporter, in addition to TMZ, reported Roberts’ death and stars of That ‘70s Show publicly shared condolences, but TMZ now reports that Roberts’ representative was mistaken and the actor is alive and in an LA hospital.

I just saw that and came here to retract! 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My grandmother passed yesterday.  No celebrity but she did lead an amazing life and knew Ike and Tina Turner and met Mick and Keith at the infamous Hell's Angels concert. She was 106 years old th

I worked the door of a place in NYC in the early-mid 90's. Me and the 4-5 other guys working would have to stand out there for 8 hours so to pass the time we did this thing where if someone walking by

My 14 year old black lab, Duke.  RIP

23 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Not so fast my friend:

TMZ updates a story about actor Tanya Roberts (That ’70s Show, A View to a Kill), saying that she is in fact alive despite earlier reports from her rep and multiple outlets that she had died

Outlets like CNN and The Hollywood Reporter, in addition to TMZ, reported Roberts’ death and stars of That ‘70s Show publicly shared condolences, but TMZ now reports that Roberts’ representative was mistaken and the actor is alive and in an LA hospital.

Cool. 

But........You Only Live Twice

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 2
1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

Not so fast my friend:

So you're saying there's a chance......

Many won't know him unless you are big music guitarist fans and or heavy metal fans into Death metal, Symphonic Metal, Glam, Black metal. 

Alexi Laiho 41 the Lead Singer/guitarist of recently broken up Finnish Metal Band Children of Bodom (Finland) died last week at his home in Finland. Laiho had battled health issues the last few yrs. He's also a recovering alcoholic. There is no word on how he died other then he had battled the health issues over the last few yrs. Laiho was my generations Eddie Van Halen. A great pioneer for the younger generation and Laiho was one of those Youngsters who looked up to EVH growing up. Laiho is wasn't just know for his Musicianship but his song writing. he was divorced from his first wife from their first band Sinergy but remained really good Friends. Alexi's second wife is from Australia and he was a caring husband and step father. COB broke up in 2019 after band disagreements that Laiho says were impart by him do to miscommunication. Without Children of Bodom there probably is no Something Wild, Hatebreeder, and Follow The Reaper - Trivium. 

Alexi and COB had a big influence for me in college. I met a very now close friend Named Phil. We had an English class together and were waiting for the public bus after class. We noticed we had been in the same class started talking. He was Greek and had a twin sister who was really good looking petite little thing but you could tell from her personality right away she was one of the guys. We all loved Sports and music and wrestling. Phil was into some heavier stuff than me but always like a lot of same bands I did from the 80s. He was always missing class to attend some metal festival I never heard of in NYC/ Delaware Maryland etc. Phil got me into more of the death metal hardcore acts like Arch Enemy and such but also me into bands like Nightwish, Kamelot, Avantasia, Edguy, Helloween etc. Mayhem was a band that had to grow on me and finally hit me this past year. Immortal was another band he was really into who he thought I liked as they dressed similar to KISS. But the band he was able to get me hooked on right away was Children of Bodom. one of the Reasons is Laiho had a super Group called the Local Band with some of the new wave Sleaze/Glam bands I liked. The group consisted of Jussi 69 of 69 Eyes and founding member, Olli Herman Crash Diet (post Dave Leppard Death) and Reckless Love, Archie Cruz of then Santa Cruz & Alexi Laiho Children of Bodom Founding member. One of their big hits was a cover of Sunglasses at night by Carey Hart a famous 80s song. Bodom is a bit hard at first to listen too but you can get past the screaming the beats and guitars are just amazing. How Laiho mixed Keyboards with Guitar solos and all was phenomenal as well creating a sound that was kick ###, Brutal but very fun. I never got to meet Alexi but from people who did there is nothing but great things. He was literally my Generations Eddie Van Halen in terms of friendliness. From bands saying he was great helping them get their head start to just being a great friend. People who aren't even big Death Metal Fans like Sebastian Bach even had fun comments. Nita Strauss Former Iron Maidens now guitar player for Alice Cooper has two of Laiho's signature guitars. This really hit me hard as it was unexpected but at the same time for whatever reason it hit me harder then Eddie dying.  COB also did some sweet cover songs of Britney Spears Oops I did it again, Shipping up to Boston from Dropkick Murphys, Jessie's Girl by Rich Springfeild and Andrew W.K. She is Beautiful Here is a statement from his family and management on his Facebook page 

Guitarist Alexi Laiho deceased

One of the most renowned guitarists in the world, Alexi Laiho, has passed away. The musician, most notably known as the front man of Children of Bodom, died in his home in Helsinki, Finland, last week. Laiho had suffered from long-term health issues during his last years.

Alexi Laiho and drummer Jaska Raatikainen founded Children of Bodom in 1993, and the band was one of the most internationally acclaimed metal acts in Finland up until their very last farewell concert in December of 2019. Last year Alexi Laiho put together Bodom After Midnight, who recorded three songs and shot one music video, which will be released later on posthumously.

Besides Children of Bodom, Laiho was known for acts such as Warmen, Sinergy, Kylähullut and The Local Band. Awarded with a Metal Hammer Golden Gods and several other international prizes, the guitarist was also the main star, leading a group of one hundred guitar players at Helsinki Festival in 2015 in "100 Guitars From Hel" – a massive concert piece he composed.

"We are crushed by the sudden passing of our dear friend and band member. Words cannot describe this shock and the profound sadness that we feel", Daniel Freyberg, Mitja Toivonen and Waltteri Väyrynen from Bodom After Midnight state.

The talented guitarist and musician relished his roles as stepdad in his patchwork family, and as uncle and godfather. Especially during the last years, the important family ties brought a welcomed balance to his life and the active touring. Laiho was particularly close with his big sister, parents and his sister's daughter. Laiho's sister says:

"We are all absolutely shocked and devastated. We ask for privacy and understanding during these hard times. My little brother's funeral will take place privately."

Alexi Laiho will also be deeply missed by his family in Australia.

"Alexi was the most loving and magnificent husband and father. Our hearts are eternally broken", Kelli Wright-Laiho says.

The remaining members of Bodom After Midnight do not give any interviews at this time.

Jouni Markkanen

Bodom After Midnight management

Rest In Peace WILDCHILD 

Edited by DJackson10
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

I am just saying - might be worth a little investigative time with the PR rep who sent the death story to various outlets...  :oldunsure:

TMZ:

4:25 PM PT -- We just spoke with Lance, Tanya's long-term partner. He tells us he went to the hospital Sunday after getting a call from doctors saying Tanya was fading fast, and it was going to end in her death.

He went to the hospital, and as he sat in her room she opened her eyes and tried to grab on to him, but her eyes closed and she "faded."

He said he was devastated and walked out of the room and then the hospital and never spoke with medical staff.

3:34 PM PT -- Tanya's rep, Mike Pingel, tells TMZ ... her domestic partner, Lance, was at the hospital Sunday when he saw Tanya's eyes close. For some reason, he says he thought she was dead so he left devastated.

What's unclear ... why did Lance think she was dead as opposed to just sleeping? Pingel does not know if Lance spoke to any medical staff before leaving and Lance isn't answering his phone now for clarification.

Pingel did tell us, he picked Lance up from the hospital and he said, "She died in my arms."

• Thinking 1
4 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Not so fast my friend:

I'm not dead yet!

• Thanks 1
On 1/2/2021 at 10:43 PM, Binky The Doormat said:

this hit me.

Paul Westfaul was one of my favorites.  

back when the NBA still kept the one-and-half steps ...

the traveling in basketball today just makes me sad

and it's pervasive in college basketball now as well ...2 and a half steps is nothing

Might as well lower the rim while they're at it.

19 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:
4 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Not so fast my friend:

I'm not dead yet!

I feeeeel....HAppppyyy!

On 1/4/2021 at 9:31 AM, DocHolliday said:

I watched Beastmaster twenty times because of her.  She was gorgeous 

This. I watched it way more than 20 times. That summer of 1982, it could be argued that I was the true Beastmaster. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
2 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

This. I watched it way more than 20 times. That summer of 1982, it could be argued that I was the true Beastmaster. 

But not the master of your own domain. 

1 hour ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Dr. Dre had a brain aneurysm. In ICU. Sunva#####.

Hes doing OK apparently.

Now Im no mathematician, but I think I've discovered the cause:

As you know, Dre is in the middle of a very contentious divorce with his estranged wife Nicole. As we reported, Nicole wants $2 million a month in temporary spousal support and $5 million for attorney fees, but Dre says he's been paying all of her expenses so the $2 mil demand was outlandish. He also says the attorney's fees are outrageous since her lawyers have only been working on the case for a few months.

And, as we reported, Nicole wants a judge to reject the prenuptial agreement she signed in 1996, claiming Dre ripped it up early on in the marriage. Dre strongly denies that.

There's a hearing Wednesday in downtown L.A. on both issues. Obviously, Dre will not be attending and we're assuming the judge will continue the matter.

• Love 1

The Dr Dre scare got me thinking about how in the past when a famous person died I would wonder to myself how it made my mother feel. Now when guys who are only a few years older than I started falling off (for health reasons) it hits me. 

It also terrifies me that all the money in the world can’t help you when the grim reaper comes a knockin. 

7 minutes ago, Spock said:

Damn.

First off, didn't realize he was still alive. As a lifelong Giants fan, I always knew I should have hated him as much as I did the Doggers. But I couldn't....for some reason always appreciated how he eleent about things. Rip.

British film director Michael Apted died at age 79.  His magnum opus is the series of "Up" documentaries he made chronicling the lives of a group of people from ages 7 to 63.  He also directed a bunch of more commercial properties including 007 movie The World Is Not Enough.

• Sad 4

“The only Angels in Los Angeles are in heaven, and they’re looking down on the Dodgers.”

“Say ‘Dodgers’ and people know you’re talking about baseball. Say ‘Braves’ and they ask, ‘What reservation?’ Say ‘Reds’ and they think of communism. Say ‘Padres’ and they look around for a priest.”

“No matter how good you are, you’re going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are, you’re going to win one-third of your games. It’s the other third that makes the difference.”

“There are three kinds of people in this world: people who make it happen, people who watch what happens, and people who wonder what happened.”

“The best possible thing in baseball is winning the World Series. The second best thing is losing the World Series.”

“If he raced his pregnant wife he’d finish third.” —about Mike Scioscia.

“My wife tells me one day, ‘I think you love baseball more than me.’ I say, ‘Well, I guess that’s true, but hey, I love you more than football and hockey.’”

“I bleed Dodger blue and when I die, I’m going to the big Dodger in the sky.”

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

There is a great clip of his response when asked what he thought of Dave Kingman hitting three homerun against his Dodgers. 

Very, very NSFW. 

Was that the same or different as the Kurt Bevacqua one?

4 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Damn.

First off, didn't realize he was still alive. As a lifelong Giants fan, I always knew I should have hated him as much as I did the Doggers. But I couldn't....for some reason always appreciated how he eleent about things. Rip.

Wait, you're a Giants fan?  Dead to me.   

5 minutes ago, the rover said:

Wait, you're a Giants fan?  Dead to me.   

My parents were born and raised in Brooklyn and huge dodgers fans (my dad had some kind of scammy gig going at ebbets involving reselling used tickets). When the team left for LA, that was it for them. That they ended up living in the SF area fit perfectly into their search for a new team. I was born into it.

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

My parents were born and raised in Brooklyn and huge dodgers fans (my dad had some kind of scammy gig going at ebbets involving reselling used tickets). When the team left for LA, that was it for them. That they ended up living in the SF area fit perfectly into their search for a new team. I was born into it.

My dad was born and raised in Brooklyn, but he went to UCLA.   The Dodgers moved there shortly after he graduated.  

1 minute ago, the rover said:

My dad was born and raised in Brooklyn, but he went to UCLA.   The Dodgers moved there shortly after he graduated.  

Where in Brooklyn and how old? 

My dad (would be 88) grew up in Brownsville (mike tyson birthplace) went to Jefferson HS. Mom (85) in Flatbush went to Madison HS (RBG and Bernie both went there)

Just now, El Floppo said:

Where in Brooklyn and how old? 

My dad (would be 88) grew up in Brownsville (mike tyson birthplace) went to Jefferson HS. Mom (85) in Flatbush went to Madison HS (RBG and Bernie both went there)

My Dad just turned 91.  Not sure on the details of what neighborhood.