What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (3 Viewers)

The Unsers are the Royal Family of Albuquerque. Bobby's the only one i met, at a reception decades ago where he was fronting for development of Albq's first suburb, Rio Rancho. He musta made some dough, cuz RR was about 40 Brooklyn refugees and a deli out there when i moved to NM and it has an Intel plant and 100,000 people now in a town completely owned & chartered at the beginning by one real estate company.

There's no way to do so here in VT, but all i wanna do right now is make a gravel cloud on one of them roads in the Rio Puerco that Breaking Bad likes to shoot scenes in, cuz haulin' ### out there is the lifebood of being an Unser. Hope there's plenty of dust & exhaust in the afterlife so them boys can breathe...

RIP

Tawny Kitaen dead at 59... 😢 she was the start of my love of redheads. So beautiful...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2021/05/08/tawny-kitaen-dead-dies/
though the overwhelming majority will cite her video vixen work with Coverdale/Whitesnake, there are choice passages from "The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak" that wore out my pause/rewind buttons on the ol' VCR remote (circa mid '80s) - good lawd - beats the EMP-TV #### all to hell. 

and i loved how she kinda lampooned herself later on in a Seinfeld episode ✌

far too young to be leaving us - R.I.P. 

Last edited by a moderator:
though the overwhelming majority will cite her video vixen work with Coverdale/Whitesnake, there are choice passages from "The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak" that wore out my pause/rewind buttons on the ol' VCR remote (circa mid '80s) - good lawd - beats the EMP-TV #### all to hell. 

And don’t forget that shower scene in Witchboard... my 12 year old self found that to be very important cinematic work.

:goodposting:

Saw her first in Bachelor Party and fell in love. Then found Gwendoline later...fell in...well...

So gorgeous, and held her own with Hanks. 

Way too young. Rip.

:goodposting:

Saw her first in Bachelor Party and fell in love. Then found Gwendoline later...fell in...well...

So gorgeous, and held her own with Hanks. 

Way too young. Rip.
that scene where the "entertainment" got the wrong room #, and was getting ready to regale the ladies ❤ oooh, yes - then Tawny dressing as one ... totally forgot about "BP" - it was a legit footprint, if you will. 

And Chuck Finley 

She first came to my attention when she co-hosted "America's Funniest Home Videos" with Dave Coulier in the early 90s.  Wholesome looking knockout.  Never initially connected her with the Whitesnake video ...that I also remember quite well.  :)

Tawny Kitaen dead at 59... 😢 she was the start of my love of redheads. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2021/05/08/tawny-kitaen-dead-dies/
A lot of us spent way too much time imagining having relations with her. :lol:  
A friend of mine was working at a video store in LA in the late 80s and her and David Coverdale walked in. Acted just normal. 
She was also on the cover of Ratt’s debut album. 
As an Indians fan, she was married to Chuck Finley when he pitched for the Tribe. The fact she went Bruce Lee on him just was like ARRGH!  If something embarrassing happens to a player, it’s a good bet he plays in Cleveland. 😐

I was watching teen wolf last night, looked up the IMDb and saw Michael j fox dad in the show James Hampton died a month ago.   Rip Harold howard
"Hangar 18" was one of the classics of my youth.

Also, he was Caretaker in the original "Longest Yard".

RIP world renowned architect, Helmut Jahn. Guy designed a lot of what you see in major cities through the US- based out of Chicago (designed Thompson Center, o'hare, FBI building, KC arena, LIberty Place in Philly, etc, etc...)

ran a stop sign on his bicycle in suburban chicago and got hit and killed by two cars. :(  I bike commute daily. I run red lights... but never without looking... jebus. this one hits home for me.

RIP world renowned architect, Helmut Jahn. Guy designed a lot of what you see in major cities through the US- based out of Chicago (designed Thompson Center, o'hare, FBI building, KC arena, LIberty Place in Philly, etc, etc...)

ran a stop sign on his bicycle in suburban chicago and got hit and killed by two cars. :(  I bike commute daily. I run red lights... but never without looking... jebus. this one hits home for me.
He was still riding a bike at 81? Wow.

I hope when I'm 81 I can still ride a bike.

boys used to get soooo irritated that Feat were called Southern rock - three of em were Zappanauts from Hollywood High and Lowell's peeps were movie costumers. couldnt be more Cali....
They could have battled CCR for the title of the most aggrieved Northern California band getting by as 'Southern' rockers.

dont wanna hijack, but CCR played swampy. Feat has as much this as the Willin's & such
Well I think we all can agree that their sig tune is 'pretty much' DIXIE Chicken and Lowell did where Overalls so the only thing missing is a, trailer park, jacked up pickup with a Confederate flag and shotgun racked in the back window, along with a banjo and a roothless and toothless yokel squealing like a pig to complete the trifecta.  

No wonder they were labeled.  :clyde:

Seeing reports that Colt Brennan died. 37 years old. Awful. 

Stephen Tsai
@StephenTsai
Former @HawaiiFootball quarterback and Heisman Trophy candidate Colt Brennan has died, per family #HawaiiFootball #StarAdvertiser
12:46 PM · May 11, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Norman Lloyd at 106.  He was a great actor and fun to watch.
hard to conceptualize that his most famous scene was EIGHTY yrs ago. twas great that Apatow put his entirely undecrepit self in Trainwreck a few years ago.

he woulda done that because, from what i understand, Lloyd was a guy you called. my late agent was a great call guy - Warren Beatty & Mike Nichols, the Ruth & Gehrig of call guys, were on his rolodex - and i understood from him that Lloyd luxuriated in his "been there" status and delighted in talking youngsters through career & artistic difficulties. i mean, he was in his eighties for a quarter century, people. RIP -

Charles Grodin.  86 years.

Midnight Run, seen that so many times.   
and one of the original meta doods of home entertainment. comedians like Steve Martin and Bill Murray delighted in creating personalities specifically for talk show appearances, but Grodin was the first i'm aware of to resurrect a career by developing a specific talkshow personality that would get some water-cooler chat when folks did that. he toyed with being professionally irascible - tho actually a sweetie - on the Carson couch but, when Letterman came along and was seeking out genuine characters like Brother Theodore, Harvey Pekar & the immense Quentin Crisp to keep his program less of a star#### than other latenite fodder, he sought out and developed a specific comic chemistry with the actor. a Hero of Deconstruction, as well as the delightful character actor noted above. RIP -

Grodin on Letterman

kodycutter said:
Charles Grodin.  86 years.

Midnight Run, seen that so many times.   
Ah man....just watched Beethoven 1 and 2 with the twins this year and they loved those movies.  I had never seen them before but I enjoyed watching him in those quite a bit.  Underrated actor.  RIP.

There's a Beethoven 3 with Judge Reinhold and it is god awful.  Made me appreciate Grodin that much more.

Whoa. I just watched Midnight Run on HBOMax last night, after not seeing it in about a decade.  Great flick. 

I'm not going to watch any movies or shows tonight, so I don't kill anyone else.  Sorry Grodin family. 
Good point. I still remember that sad day over 5 years ago when I watched a Barney Miller marathon that featured a character named Fish.  I don't think I need to say more.

Users who are viewing this thread