What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (2 Viewers)

He pitched in 106 games and 208 innings that year and also pitched in an incredible 13 consecutive games. 
I didn't realize he was from a small Michigan town, knew he went to MSU.  He is one of the hardest baseball autographs of the last 50 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
When i consider the word "dig" in its countercultural context, it is Linc Hayes i hear saying it. I will resist the obvious funereal reference, dig? RIP -
I remember seeing him years ago on a 'Law & Order' episode.

I suppose all actors end up through the L & O portal before they exit.

This is one kind of death I wouldn't want to experience. 

Dirk "Dixie" Dansercoer

Dansercoer died on 7 June 2021 during an expedition in Greenland.[5] He died after falling into a glacier gorge. It is unclear if his body can be recovered.

Dirk "Dixie" Dansercoer

Dansercoer died on 7 June 2021 during an expedition in Greenland.[5] He died after falling into a glacier gorge. It is unclear if his body can be recovered.
All one can hope for is that the fall killed him.  I can't imagine just waiting to die down there.

Speaking of odd deaths.

UNCC 49er/NBA draft pick Galen Young

Family and friends across the Mid-South are remembering Galen Young, a high school and professional basketball standout who was killed when a car crashed into a home in southwest Memphis.  Memphis police say a car crashed into a home on Horn Lake Road early Saturday morning, striking and killing the 45-year-old Young, who was inside. 

Dirk "Dixie" Dansercoer

All one can hope for is that the fall killed him.  I can't imagine just waiting to die down there.
Reminds me of this story:

"14 October 1965: Jeremy Bailey, David Wild and John Wilson

Four men were riding a Muskeg tractor and its sledges near the Heimefront Mountains, to the east of their base at Halley Research Station in East Antarctica, close to the Weddell Sea. The Muskeg was a heavy-duty vehicle designed to haul people and supplies over long distances on the ice. A team of dogs ran behind.

Three of the men were in the cab. The fourth, John Ross, sat behind on the sledge at the back, close to the huskies. Jeremy (Jerry) Bailey, a scientist measuring the depth of the ice beneath the tractor, was driving. He and David (Dai) Wild, a surveyor, and John Wilson, a doctor, were scanning the ice ahead. Snow obscured much of the small, flat windscreen. The group had been travelling all day, taking turns to warm up in the cab or sit out back on the sledge.

Ross was staring out at the vast ice, snow and Stella Group mountains. At about 8:30, the dogs alongside the sledge stopped running. The sledge had ground to a halt. 

Ross, muffled with a balaclava and two anoraks, had heard nothing. He turned to see that the Muskeg was gone. Ahead, the first sledge was leaning down into the ice. Ross ran up to it to find it had wedged in the top of a large crevasse running directly across their course. The Muskeg itself had fallen about 30m (100ft) into the crevasse. Down below, its tracks were wedged vertically against one ice wall, and the cab had been flattened hard against the other.

Ross shouted down. There was no reply from the three men in the cab. After about 20 minutes of shouting, Ross heard a reply. The exchange, as he recorded it from memory soon after the event, was brief:

Ross: Dai?

Bailey: Dai’s dead. It’s me.

Ross: Is that John or Jerry?

Bailey: Jerry.

Ross: How is John?

Bailey: He’s a goner, mate.

Ross: What about yourself?

Bailey: I’m all smashed up.

Ross: Can you move about at all or tie a rope round yourself?

Bailey: I’m all smashed up.

Ross tried climbing down into the crevasse, but the descent was difficult. Bailey told him not to risk it, but Ross tried anyway. After several attempts, Bailey stopped responding to Ross’s calls. Ross heard a scream from the crevasse. After that, Bailey didn’t respond."

you wanna talk deliverance? how' bout of the greatest soliliquy in cinema history?!

"You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and you......will.....aTONE!!"

RIP

ETA: and his Homicide: Life on the Street character's love affair with Julianna Margulies was jusplain one of the sweetest, realest, most heartfelt things i've ever seen on the box. bravo -

Was part of a great ensemble cast on Homicide:  Life On The Street
There is a scene from that show I will always remember for how deep it showed Beatty went as an actor.

The episode began with a huge drug bust, and some of the younger cops were high-fiving and whooping it up. The camera focuses on a weary Beatty as he calmly explains what is going to happen in the next few weeks: with the supply cut off, the price is going to skyrocket, and people will kill to get the needed money. And then when the supply is depleted, people going through withdrawals will kill out of frustration. The homicide department is going to get swamped with cases.

In that scene Beatty looks exhausted, and speaks in matter-of-fact way of an old, tired cop who has seen everything. 

No one you know, but a "bar friend" of mine has apparently passed away.  Dennis was an older guy, but seemed to be in good shape and didn't think he was sick.  Saw him at our usual watering hole a couple weeks ago and glad I got to say hello (or I guess in this sense, goodbye) and shake his hand.  Dennis was from Ireland and his accent got so thick when drinking that half the time I had no idea what he was saying.  But I always enjoyed his company and I am sad to hear that he has left this Earth.  Godspeed, Dennis.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
I tell ya, no respect at all 
Rodney showing polaroids to Adrienne Barbeau:

Class huh? Let's talk about class ok Vanessa. There's you and Gorgio in the guest room. Very classy. There's you and Gorgio in the rumpus room, another classy one. Whoo this one i can't figure out! There's you, there's Gorgio, what's with the midget? Hey wait I've got more!...

Class huh? Let's talk about class ok Vanessa. There's you and Gorgio in the guest room. Very classy. There's you and Gorgio in the rumpus room, another classy one. Whoo this one i can't figure out! There's you, there's Gorgio, what's with the midget? Hey wait I've got more!...
More casting notes, I didn't realize until recently, Giorgio was played by Robert Picardo, the Holographic doctor from Star Trek Voyager.

More casting notes, I didn't realize until recently, Giorgio was played by Robert Picardo, the Holographic doctor from Star Trek Voyager.
Also played Coach Cutlip the gym teacher on The Wonder Years. Very underrated character.

Frank Bonner, aka Herb Tarlek (WKRP in Cincinnati) - 79
my BFF & his gf (now wife of 30yrs) moved w me to Reno 100yrs ago and the missus was fighting our bacheloristic design concepts tooth & nail in furnishing our house. we conferenced and her concession was to allow us to pick out the couch, since we'd be suckin our brewskis and watchin our balls on it hour-after-hour. we scoured the Biggest Li'l City for a week seeking the most obnoxious piece of furniture within her autumnal color scheme. found it, named it Herb after those garish WKRP trousers. she sighed every time she entered the room for as long as we lived together, so *hands on hips* "our job is done!". when my Mary came along, she loved Herb for the same reason we did and thrilled to do filthy things on it (one of the reasons i talk about her still). she even kept it after my friends moved out. miss you, Herb. RIP -

Users who are viewing this thread