What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (5 Viewers)

Sadly, it’s going to be a regular occurrence given the age of so many iconic artists from decades past. 😕

It's also going to be a regular occurrence given the average age of the people on this forum.  I'm guessing the majority of people on here are between 35-55.  That means the people we grew up watching and listening to are in their 60-70s.  Hopefully they all make it to 100 🤞

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard a stat about them recently, and it is mind blowing.  ZZ Top was the longest running, current lineup band in music history. 
I had read it was Golden Earring, but can see ZZ holding that title.

I had read it was Golden Earring, but can see ZZ holding that title.
A quick wiki search shows ZZ Top formed in '69, and Golden Earring replaced their drummer in '70.  

Dang!  I didn't know Golden Earring had that longevity though!  

TMZ reporting Ron Popeil, inventor of the Pocket Fisherman and Hair in a Can, has died at 86
Among the better known and more successful are the Chop-O-Matic hand food processor ("Ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to show you the greatest kitchen appliance ever made ... All your onions chopped to perfection without shedding a single tear."), the Dial-O-Matic successor to the Veg-O-Matic ("Slice a tomato so thin it only has one side."), and the Ronco Pocket Fisherman. Popeil is also well known for his housewares inventions like his Giant Dehydrator and Beef Jerky Machine, his Electric Pasta Maker and his Showtime Rotisserie & BBQ. 

SET IT AND FORGET IT!

A quick wiki search shows ZZ Top formed in '69, and Golden Earring replaced their drummer in '70.  

Dang!  I didn't know Golden Earring had that longevity though!  
Basically splitting hairs (and either way, these groups all had long runs together), but ZZ Top also switched lineups in 1970 after starting out with a different grouping. Dusty Hill was ZZ Top's third bassist IIRC. Frank Beard was their second drummer.

Ron Popeil has shed his mortal coil

if i was a younger, more energetic man, i would reach into my sketchwriter's psychophax for a two-minute bit on the Funerator - a device that spot-cremates human flesh with lasers, notifies relatives using the latest in SadVoice™ technology, pinches your skin so you dont cry at the wrong time and rubs your nod-worn neck. Only two payments of $29.95. Call today!

RIP -

wikkidpissah said:
if i was a younger, more energetic man, i would reach into my sketchwriter's psychophax for a two-minute bit on the Funerator - a device that spot-cremates human flesh with lasers, notifies relatives using the latest in SadVoice™ technology, pinches your skin so you dont cry at the wrong time and rubs your nod-worn neck. Only two payments of $29.95. Call today!

RIP -
But wait-  what do I also get?

But wait-  what do I also get?

Yes! There's more!! Order in the next thirty minutes and you will receive the QaNOT!, a forcefield which makes militant, unvaccinated funeral attendees mess themselves upon crossing your perimeter and keeps them from being able to say consecutive NSA buzzwords (both Al Qaenon & Black Lives Blather) without being collarzapped. Only pay a small processing fee. Order today!!!

A Las Vegas wedding
A Mexican divorce
A solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot
Or
A baby's arm holding an apple.

a beautifully restored 3rd Reich swizzle stick,
 well, if y'all are gettin up into that, let's go full Porgie Tirebiter and cite the guys who invented this ####:

"A grid-five standup reheater with a smoke window - close the door and the light stays on; 300 lbs of Chef Antoine's southern-fried glimps, toasted, cubed & reheated before you're ready and, from Dicker & Dicker in Beverly Hills, a nine-piece, mix&match Cuban refugee family!"

well, if y'all are gettin up into that, let's go full Porgie Tirebiter and cite the guys who invented this ####:

"A grid-five standup reheater with a smoke window - close the door and the light stays on; 300 lbs of Chef Antoine's southern-fried glimps, toasted, cubed & reheated before you're ready and, from Dicker & Dicker in Beverly Hills, a nine-piece, mix&match Cuban refugee family!"

whoa ...Firesign Theater - I don't recognize the quoted though ...

Not a celebrity but a friend of mine died Early Thursday morning. Unfortunately another classmate who OD. This one isn't a surprise like the last one who did back in May who was really really good friends with. This was my buddy Rob who I was surprised even lived till he was 33 we thought wouldn't have made it to his 30s. He had battled addiction for yrs. At one point it was so bad 4 of my buddies and I found him ready to shoot up and dragged his ### over to the closes rehab center. They unfortunately they keep you past a week if you don't agree to it and he didn't. It was more so us hopping to give him a wake up call. 

The one thing I always loved about him was whenever he was in trouble or bad shape I would try to help. He'd quickly say thanks but no thanks as he didn't want me around or involved in that life style. In away he was trying to protect me I guess. At my work when he worked for the township he'd come up and if he was doing something with 2 other buddies of mine let me know ask me to join as well. Despite his issues he was always really cool to me no matter what. Always one of the first to stick up for me when I first started going out to drink with the guys (I'm considered a baby in my class age wise) when an issue happened type person. 

I've lost count how many in my class I've lost to ODs now or classmates who had siblings pass for this 

Users who are viewing this thread